64Likes

post #37981 of 52503 Old 03-14-2012, 08:37 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_40k View Post

Wow, awesome deal man! Would you mind sending me a PM of which location you bought from and possibly the managers name you spoke with incase my local FS needs further proof? When I click on your username you don't seem to have a pm option so thats why I'm asking here.

Ha, Ha, Ha.... I just checked your home theatre page. My best friend laughs at me, stating I want all the energies out there... looks like you might have me beat, or at least a tie.

Why do you need more. I think I have enough for an 11.2 system (5 RC70s, 3LCRs, 4 RCRs, 2 inwalls, 2 minis, and a take 5), plus another 5.1. BTW, I have 2 velodynes - also a steal.

What are your goals? Man, too much. We may want to start an energy therapy group.

PF
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #37982 of 52503 Old 03-14-2012, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Those pictures where taken the weekend I moved all my speakers around started a rewire of all my equipment so it was chaotic.

However what do you mean by "re-arranging"?

Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post

Dude, I know your room is a mancave.... but damn! You need to do some housekeeping, wire management, re-arranging..... not to mention some DIY acoustic panels/bass traps will do more good for your room than more speakers/channels ever will!

My review comparisons of Energy RC-70s to Veritas V6.3
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #37983 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

Awesome!! . Please tell us more!

- have you installed the new 6W speakers up front? Or just the 6C's?

- was the install easy?

- how big of an improvement versus the takes?

I got everything installed last night!! The 6C heights included...only had time for a single Audy measure and quick listen. Will get it dialed in this weekend and take pics.
post #37984 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 05:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Alright gents stupid question but how much of a difference is the rc lcr compared to the v mini center? Id like a center that can dig to 80 at least . The v mini keeps getting 100hz by audyssey.

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

Must..stop...buying...every bluray release...
post #37985 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 06:43 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby06 View Post

Hey guys,I need some suggestions. I am currently using this setup and have been pleased with it.

Denon 1909 AVR
C300 Towers
C50 Surround
CC50 Center
Acoustic Audio Sub

I have just purchased a house and the towers will just take up to much space,so I need to replace them. Should I keep the other speakers and just replace the towers?If so what speakers?or get something like the Classic Take 5 that includes all new speakers? Suggestions are appreciated.Thanks

Here you go.....

Used - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Energy-C-100...item35ba40ebc7

New - http://www.ebay.com/itm/Energy-Speak...item27c49f59f5

Just remember that unless you have shelfs or wall mounts for the fronts, you will need speaker stands, which will take up more space than the towers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokekevin View Post

Alright gents stupid question but how much of a difference is the rc lcr compared to the v mini center? Id like a center that can dig to 80 at least . The v mini keeps getting 100hz by audyssey.

2 words for you..... DO IT!

What are your other speakers? I forget. If you have all RCs, definitely get the RC-LCR. If you have veritas, get the V5.2C. They are similarly priced now at Vanns.
post #37986 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 06:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Quote:

I have both speakers. The RC LCR crushes the V Mini C (and the RC Mini CC from which the V Mini C was cloned) in every way--lower extension, higher clarity. It's a superior speaker in every sense. It's confusing and strange that the RC LCR can be had for less than twice the price of the V Mini C; it's easily worth more than twice as much.

Once again, I am sorry to take a sledgehammer to so small and fragile a nut. -- Richard Dawkins, The Greatest Show On Earth
post #37987 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 08:23 AM

Quote:

I had the RC mini CC and I could never get it lower than 100hz. My RC10s come in at 60hz.

Recently purchased the RC LCR, and placed in the same place with 25 hours of break in and I got it down to 40hz on the first run of Audyssey. Needless to say I bumped it up to 80hz.

So to answer your question, yes it will go to 80hz and then some.
post #37988 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 08:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Ordered!

No subwoofer I've heard has been able to produce the bass I've experienced in the Corps!

post #37989 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 08:36 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 63
Quote:

Ordered!

Good decision. Just make sure you give it break in time before you develop your opinions. When I first got mine, I was a little disappointed because it only sounded slightly better than the rc-mini center. But since its broken in, its no comparison.

I recently went back to hearing the mini-cc and its not even in the same league.
post #37990 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 09:04 AM

pinkfreud55

Where did you find 2 - RC-R for $400?? It had to be used or from the states but even Amazon is $400 for one???

Sorry I meant 4 - RC-R's. Im not a math genius but that's $100/piece???
post #37991 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 09:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Oops didn't get waf. Got lectured

post #37992 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 10:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 155
Quote:

But still getting it, right????
post #37993 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 10:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post

But still getting it, right????

Hell yea!

Expected arrival march 20th
Just gotta figure out how to raise the tv 2.5 inches

Probably going to just use a 2x4 and paint it black lol

post #37994 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 10:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

I`ve said it before and I`ll say it a million more ... Its better to ask for forgiveness later than to ask for permission now!

Life is hard, be harder.
post #37995 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 10:37 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 710 Post(s)
Liked: 1312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby06 View Post

Hey guys,I need some suggestions. I am currently using this setup and have been pleased with it.

Denon 1909 AVR
C300 Towers
C50 Surround
CC50 Center
Acoustic Audio Sub

I have just purchased a house and the towers will just take up to much space,so I need to replace them. Should I keep the other speakers and just replace the towers?If so what speakers?or get something like the Classic Take 5 that includes all new speakers? Suggestions are appreciated.Thanks

well, the big questions are (1) are you happy with the sound of your C-series speakers and (2) what is your budget for upgrading?

I would definitely NOT downgrade to tiny sats like Take Classic unless you lower your expectations quite a bit. They cannot perform like full-sized speakers.

So, a few options for you:

1. if you like the C-series and just want to "downgrade" the towers, find a pair of C-100 or C-200 bookshelf speakers on the used market and call it a day.

2. if you want to upgrade, and can afford $550ish, get a pair of RC-10 and an RC-LCR center from Vann's, use the C-50's as surrounds, and sell the front 3 speakers you currently have.

3. if you want to go super low profile to keep the wife happy in the new house, you can get RC in-walls which are at a big discount right now. The RC6W would function great for your front 3 speakers, and only $99 shipped each: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-bWB2ggi...rgy-RC-6W.html

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #37996 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 01:22 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinkfreud55 View Post

Ha, Ha, Ha.... I just checked your home theatre page. My best friend laughs at me, stating I want all the energies out there... looks like you might have me beat, or at least a tie.

Why do you need more. I think I have enough for an 11.2 system (5 RC70s, 3LCRs, 4 RCRs, 2 inwalls, 2 minis, and a take 5), plus another 5.1. BTW, I have 2 velodynes - also a steal.

What are your goals? Man, too much. We may want to start an energy therapy group.

PF

I think we have a tie.

I don't really need more, nor do I have a goal but if I can get them at that price I cannot allow myself to let them slip away. I'm sure I could find a spot for them, maybe a bedroom system, or as batpig has suggested to me in the past, a bathroom system.

post #37997 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 02:33 PM

Quote:

well, the big questions are (1) are you happy with the sound of your C-series speakers and (2) what is your budget for upgrading?

I would definitely NOT downgrade to tiny sats like Take Classic unless you lower your expectations quite a bit. They cannot perform like full-sized speakers.

So, a few options for you:

1. if you like the C-series and just want to "downgrade" the towers, find a pair of C-100 or C-200 bookshelf speakers on the used market and call it a day.

2. if you want to upgrade, and can afford $550ish, get a pair of RC-10 and an RC-LCR center from Vann's, use the C-50's as surrounds, and sell the front 3 speakers you currently have.

3. if you want to go super low profile to keep the wife happy in the new house, you can get RC in-walls which are at a big discount right now. The RC6W would function great for your front 3 speakers, and only $99 shipped each: http://www.crutchfield.com/S-bWB2ggi...rgy-RC-6W.html

I am very happy with them. I'll look into the C100/C200,but I'm leaning towards the RC-10 and RC-LCR. since I'll end up selling the C300 and possibly the others,I'll just use that money then some to get the others.
post #37998 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 02:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 710 Post(s)
Liked: 1312
good choice the RC's are a nice step up from the C-series. If you like the C's you will LOVE the RC's, as they have a similar tonal balance but are much more refined and detailed, and the build quality is higher too. If you watch Vann's clearance center you can get even better deals on open box models from returns, they still will come with full warranty.

Note that the RC-LCR center is quite a bit bigger than your C-C50.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ

post #37999 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 04:35 PM
Advanced Member

Well I went to FS after work today but they would not sell the RC70 for that price. The buy one get one free they said was a special promo and only applied to the current models. I tried to argue but no luck. They do have 4 in stock and will sell them at $399ea, which IMO is still a good deal, but nothing I'm going to jump on. Makes me sad.

post #38000 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 04:42 PM

Quote:

good choice the RC's are a nice step up from the C-series. If you like the C's you will LOVE the RC's, as they have a similar tonal balance but are much more refined and detailed, and the build quality is higher too. If you watch Vann's clearance center you can get even better deals on open box models from returns, they still will come with full warranty.

Note that the RC-LCR center is quite a bit bigger than your C-C50.

I'll get the dimensions on the LCR,but the opening on the entertainment center where I have the center has a good height. It should be ok. Should I worry about the C50 doing the surround since I will be upgrading the fronts?
post #38001 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 04:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 450
I couldn't justify spending even $400 for a pair of RC-70s as I have no need for another one. However I bought mine on boxing day, then got a $50 refund in January when they lowered the price to 475/ea. That got marked as a new buy date so I was able to argue for $150 more (and a free sub) on Feb. 3. Now even if it was easy getting a 2-for-1 on the RC-70, I would not even be able to argue that I'm entitled to $400 more in refund since I'm way past 30 days.

Wait a minute. On the receipt the date appears as 03-02-12. Considering the confusion in date formats between US, Europe and Canada, I would perhaps be able to pass that as March 2

post #38002 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 05:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 169
Quote:
Originally Posted by czechmka View Post

pinkfreud55

Where did you find 2 - RC-R for $400?? It had to be used or from the states but even Amazon is $400 for one???

I would also like to know if this deal can be had

post #38003 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 05:59 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

Picked up a pair of Energy 2.1e's locally for $40. Testing them out in my office right now. They look like the Energy C-2 speakers.

These older speakers are so much better than the current CB-10, CB-20 speakers and the previous C-100s and C-200s.

I guess when Energy created the RC line they stepped up from the older Connoissuer speakers in fit and finish but the new C series speakers they introduced at the same time were a downgrade from the 2.1e, older even (C-2) and odd numbered (C-3, C-1) C-series speakers.

The more recent models use much smaller cabinets too.

I'm pretty happy, I got a great deal.

You really did get a stellar deal on those 2.1e's -- I consider myself having got a pretty decent deal purchasing them for ~$90 (I believe it was); they might be my favorite series of the Energy speakers I own, at least based on current amplification / performance ratio. Then again, I got the 5.1e's for $125, so that might be why I'm so 'proud' of them.

Enjoy -- they're great speakers!
post #38004 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 06:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by czechmka View Post

pinkfreud55

When I bought the first 2 RCRs on sale, it was actually 1 on sale, but they thought it was for 2. I did not educate them on that one. Think it was 250.00 for 1, but again I got 2. Then 2 were used for 150.00. But with the 2used, I bought a new pair, cleaned up the used, and returned them for the refund. I don't feel so bad doing this as they were sold to me by a FS employee.

So yeah, 400.00 for 4, no lie.

BTW: The RCRs were bought about 8 months ago.

BTW, after the fact, I did tell the manager at FS of buying 2 for the price of 1. AFAI concerned, it is part of doing business. The RC-70s have been going for about 1400.00 a piece, and they have been selling them way above cost. As when I got my 2 RC70s for 400.00, he told me he was still making a profit of 50.00. So the math, tells us the profit for 1 RC70 has been at leat a grand.

PF
post #38005 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 06:16 PM

pinkfreud55 if you ever want to get rid of even 2 RC-R's you let me know.
post #38006 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 07:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_40k View Post

Well I went to FS after work today but they would not sell the RC70 for that price. The buy one get one free they said was a special promo and only applied to the current models. I tried to argue but no luck. They do have 4 in stock and will sell them at $399ea, which IMO is still a good deal, but nothing I'm going to jump on. Makes me sad.

Yeah, when I heard these rumours, I called stat! denied...

Quote:
Originally Posted by neutro View Post

I couldn't justify spending even $400 for a pair of RC-70s as I have no need for another one.

I could!!

HT: Yamaha RX-V565 | 3 X Energy Take FPS, 2 X VS Surround, 2 X Take LCR | DIY Subs: SDX12 APR15 & TRIO12 Dual APR 12's | 47" LCD

Music: Yamaha RX-V863 | 2 X Energy RC-70 | MA RXw12 Sub

Bathroom: 2 X Energy Take LCR

Car: Sony Xplod HU, Xplod 6X9s, Kenwood 4"s, Alpine 12" Type-S, Rockford Amp,...

post #38007 of 52503 Old 03-15-2012, 08:43 PM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Has anyone ever used a pair of RC-LCRs for rear surrounds? Would there be any advantage vs a pair of the RC-10s? If they make good fronts I don't see why they wouldn't make good rears.
post #38008 of 52503 Old 03-16-2012, 05:48 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kbug77 View Post

Has anyone ever used a pair of RC-LCRs for rear surrounds? Would there be any advantage vs a pair of the RC-10s? If they make good fronts I don't see why they wouldn't make good rears.

Would there be an advantage? Sure, the RC-LCR is a superior speaker. Are you really going to notice enough of a difference to justify, in essence, spending double over a pair of RC-10s? I doubt it.... especially using them for the rear surround duty. I would use the extra money needed for a pair RC-LCRs instead for some acoustic panels/and or Bass traps for your room instead... Much more "bang for your buck" there...
post #38009 of 52503 Old 03-16-2012, 07:18 AM

Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by y2kbug77 View Post

I'd agree with what deano said and would also add that for that price you'd be better off going with the RC-R or veritas surrounds than the LCR. IMO these are better than the LCR as a surround due to the fact that they are not rear ported so you can mount flush to the wall, bipole/dipole/monopole giving you really flexible surround options and will easily go down to 80hz which is all you really need out of surrounds. The LCR may have slightly more midrange clarity and go lower but I don't think either of these things are particularly important for surrounds and the LCR is likely only marginally better in these areas where the RCR or veritas surround advantages are very significant for surrounds. So if you already have the 10's I would just stick with them and look into room treatments or possibly a second sub to smooth out response but if you need surrounds and have the money the RCR or veritas surround would be a much better option for you than the LCR.
post #38010 of 52503 Old 03-16-2012, 08:17 AM

More curious questions; right now I only have my HT system set up as 5.1. Here goes the questions:

1. If I was to set it up for 7.1 will it make a huge difference, I don't know how much 7.1 material is out there. The WAF would be very low adding more speakers to the living room at least in this house.

2. What are the smaller front speakers used for? I understand you've got the center and the two towers but what is the second set of speakers doing?

3. the Veritas Surround Speakers, I will seriously consider buying these if they come up on sale anytime in the next year. So are these as good or better than the RC-R surrounds?

Thanks for your time all.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page