post #39031 of 52222 Old 04-27-2012, 10:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 425
Quote:
Originally Posted by caper_1 View Post

Easy man! I have Takes !! The FPS style.

I was not dissing the Takes. My point is that this sub (I was specifically talking about the Power Ten with its -3dB point at 45 Hz and roll-off begining at what, 50 Hz?) is more or less useless with any other Energy speakers -- except maybe the CB-5 / CC-5. And somehow I don't think those new subs will be dirt cheap either.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #39032 of 52222 Old 04-27-2012, 01:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dan__ View Post

2 giant towers, unknown mfr picked up off a curb on garbage day (verified to "work") originally intended for the basement at some point

OK....you definitely win with that one...LOL!
post #39033 of 52222 Old 04-27-2012, 02:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:

Unused at the moment:
3 Energy Veritas speakers, 1 RC, 2 Mirage speakers for the basement when the HT/rec room gets built. Wait a sec, the VSW sub will go upstairs in the den, and I'll be getting an HSU for down there.
1 extra Mirage (in ceiling)
2 giant towers, unknown mfr picked up off a curb on garbage day (verified to "work") originally intended for the basement at some point
2 klipsch towers formerly from the den fronts (now where I have some RC-70s), intended for the living room when I get a receiver that can power 2 zones.
2 30 yr old bookshelf speakers with awesome sound, formerly in the den, will probably go back to the den when the HT/rec room goes in, (RCs will go down there)
1 extra Denon HTIB speaker
A few computer speakers
A few car speakers

-Afflicted

The collector, hey I can send you more stuff if you have room. LOL

Ive got some stuff
post #39034 of 52222 Old 04-28-2012, 07:25 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 56
It is amazing to me that a guy has a full set of Energy speakers in Cherry for sale on Ebay... pair of RC-70s, RC-LCR and pair of RC-10s. But yet doesn't bother to include what should be multiple photos of them and their finish on the listing! Even worse, he throws a link to a bad video from someone else featuring his black ash version of the speakers... Bizarre! Gee, nice job selling your now very hard to find set of RC's!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Energy-Refer...item27c627b5df
post #39035 of 52222 Old 04-28-2012, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Damn! It is a good thing this listing is no longer available! I would have been seriously tempted to install these in my theater room.....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...vip=true&rt=nc
post #39036 of 52222 Old 04-28-2012, 10:06 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post

Even worse, he throws a link to a bad video from someone else featuring his black ash version of the speakers...

LOL! That video is just wrong on so many levels. The sub takes the cake for me though.

Here are some older manuals from Energy
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/scjuc30ylshsa5n/CaqhZ-nx9A
post #39037 of 52222 Old 04-28-2012, 01:16 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by baron2 View Post

Only thing I got to say tonight is this crap is addicting. At least with video one can clearly state how many televisions does one need.And if you have 2 you can rationalize that since yes its nice to have one in the living room and another somewhere else in the house, like a theatre room that gets used more than just a weekend movie. But with these dam speakers you find yourself finding all kinds of places to put these, which leads to all kinds of off the wall rationalizing why one needs them there. I even read about a guy here that put enegry's in the dam bathroom. This is insane. It also doesnt help matters when you know and heard about a great speaker line like the RC that as of last summer was not in production anymore so you buy a nice setup that thanks to Vanns was great for the cheap blow out sales last summer thinking great I finally have a good home theatre set up that can double for music listening as well. I mean you can only listen the the famouse Pioneer HPM 100's so long before your chest hurts from the concussion it gives from the 12 inch woofers inside those monsters. (By the way I still love listening to those). Totally happy with my new set up last summer I move on to other pressing matters around the house. Then out of nowhere Vnns shows up with these so called discountinued RC line and you start reading the wow factores about them. 2 thoughts start going through my mind 1 is you better crab a few of these and make sure you get the biggest ones they make so somewhere down the line you dont wish you had and you dont end up wanting and wishing you could upgrade. 2nd thing now all of a sudden my prize CF70 lineup doesnt sound so good anymore and your trying to figure out what the hell to do with these things so you dont feel like you wasted a bunch of money for nothing. Was going to put them in the living room but I bought a cheap set of ps51's and the matching center for television watching. Hey they suck for music but are good for the television mode. I wouldnt blend those in another system it would be horrible for music so now I am wondering what I really should do with this whole cf & cc line. If your like me and I am sure there are a few of you around that are anal enough to not like the idea of unmatched speakers even if they are from the same company. So yes I am a little in debt over the 4 rc-70 towers rclcr and a new sub. Yes its overkill but it all matches, thankl GOD I got all black speakers again, wife wouldnt know the difference this way.
I know somewhere down the line when these are not around anymore I will be thanking myself for this crazy indulgence but at the moment its a bit insane. I did the same thing when I bought my 2 Kuro plasma and also did the same thing with recievers knowing products today are usually not as good as products produced in the past at least its that way with video and wouldnt be suprised if its the same for audio, it is with recievers I know that much. Its like I am preparing myself for the end of what we used to know was good audio and video.

My question is Am I Alone Here or have I found a whole mess of other crazy insane people???

Now you know why my family calls me "crazy man",always looking for the best value,product,price,etc.We can't help it.

Energy RC-30 L/R | RC-LCR Center | RC -10 Surrounds | RC -Mini Back Surrounds | Energy S10.3| Dual e:XL-S8 |Pioneer VSX-1020 | Sony XBR-60LX900 LCD | SONY BDP-S790 Blu-Ray
post #39038 of 52222 Old 04-29-2012, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Well, I guess he put them back up again!(albeit with a $100 higher Buy it Now) Wow, what a temptation... the only reason I am really holding back is I just recently finished all of my acoustic panels/broadband bass traps in the front of the room around my screen. I guess they could be relocated Dang.....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Energy-Verit...item4d00b42e56
post #39039 of 52222 Old 04-29-2012, 09:08 AM

Florence and the Machine Unplugged just came on the Palladium channel. Sounds amazing on the Energy RC setup!
post #39040 of 52222 Old 04-29-2012, 09:58 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Really set on replacing my Klipsch Synergy 3.5 and DCM KX Center fromt/center with Energy towers. I can get the C series for nearly a song. (CF70@199). Really want the Veratis series (6.3), but for the life of me cannot fathom the fact they are over 2x price of the RC70's.

The centers, for what ever reason are ALL within 100 of each other (CC10, LCR, and V5.2). My goal is to get matching front/centers as I listen to alot of multichannel SACD's and DVDA's.

It seems to me that both the C series mains and center complement each other with the mid and tweeter configuration as well as the veratis. The RC70 and the LCR seems not quite a match with the "angled" tweeter and midrange.

Any thoughts on this would be great Thanks.
post #39041 of 52222 Old 04-29-2012, 12:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfbar1 View Post

It seems to me that both the C series mains and center complement each other with the mid and tweeter configuration as well as the veratis. The RC70 and the LCR seems not quite a match with the "angled" tweeter and midrange.

The only configurations better matched than the RC-70s and RC-LCR would be 3 RC-70s or 3 RC-LCR They are pretty well matched, and the LCR is the center intended to be used with the 70s.

post #39042 of 52222 Old 04-29-2012, 12:47 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Thanks for the feedback. Anyone here taking advantage of the deals on the CF series?? I heard them in Magnolia and (coming from the Klipsch) seems like a good value for my needs. Using a Sony TAP9000ES/TAN9000ES analog combo with BOTH a Sony C222ES and an OPPO BD83
post #39043 of 52222 Old 04-29-2012, 03:35 PM

ESW-8 vs S10.3

I recently purchased a pair of RC10's to upgrade from my Take Classic system. I am currently using the ESW-8 sub from the Take classic system.

I see there are some really good prices on the S10.3 sub. Would I notice a big difference if I switched to the S10.3? Or should I just hold off until I can buy a better sub, such as HSU?

I am listening to 80% music and 20% movies.

Also, for my center speaker, I will eventually get the LCR. In the meantime, should I keep using the Take classic center or go without a center and use the 2 RC10's?
post #39044 of 52222 Old 04-29-2012, 03:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr34 View Post

ESW-8 vs S10.3

I recently purchased a pair of RC10's to upgrade from my Take Classic system. I am currently using the ESW-8 sub from the Take classic system.

I see there are some really good prices on the S10.3 sub. Would I notice a big difference if I switched to the S10.3?

Also, for my center speaker, I will eventually get the LCR. In the meantime, should I keep using the Take classic center or go without a center and use the 2 RC10's?

Um, heck yeah. Huge difference. The power of the amp and the build quality alone will present a huge difference.

For those looking into getting Energy speakers, or upgrading their current Energy setup, here are some reviews I've written that may help:http://www.tempestaudio.blogspot.com  (haven't updated in a while, but include Energy Take Classic 5.1, RC-10, CF-70, and CC-10)

post #39045 of 52222 Old 04-29-2012, 04:30 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by brianr34 View Post

ESW-8 vs S10.3

I see there are some really good prices on the S10.3 sub. Would I notice a big difference if I switched to the S10.3? Or should I just hold off until I can buy a better sub, such as HSU?

Just to reiterate what macstatic said, it will be a big difference. My brother happened to do practically the same thing (started with the take classics and now has the rc10s and an rc lcr with the s10.3) and it is a big difference. I heard and felt things in his setup that I didn't hear before.

I recently got a Hsu vtf-15H and it is an amazing piece of equipment. If you gotta have a sub now, the s10.3 is a great deal, but if you have the patience to save up and get a hsu (or another id sub), you won't be disappointed...and get the lcr quick cuz that is awesome too, that also has good prices on vanns, at least last time I looked.
post #39046 of 52222 Old 04-29-2012, 05:19 PM

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by cel4145 View Post

Yep. If you want improvement for HT usage, you would get a huge improvement out of upgrading the sub to the HSU VTF-3 MK4. The difference would be V E R Y noticeable

For what its worth, you were right. I went ahead and got a vtf-15H and added two cb10s for front heights. The difference is incredible factoring in the added speakers and the sub. Thanks again to all for your suggestions and information.
post #39047 of 52222 Old 04-30-2012, 04:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron2 View Post

The collector, hey I can send you more stuff if you have room. LOL

I can probably use whatever in the garage...
Just gotta figure out how to drive em.
post #39048 of 52222 Old 04-30-2012, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfbar1 View Post

Thanks for the feedback. Anyone here taking advantage of the deals on the CF series?? I heard them in Magnolia and (coming from the Klipsch) seems like a good value for my needs. Using a Sony TAP9000ES/TAN9000ES analog combo with BOTH a Sony C222ES and an OPPO BD83

I heard the CFs (i think 70s) when I was auditioning the RCs. I listened to a wide variety of music on them at near reference levels in the store. They were well driven and in a good room, and I loved them. I nearly considered getting those, but there were good deals available at the time on the RC line from Vanns, and I figured "why not".
post #39049 of 52222 Old 04-30-2012, 05:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:

I can probably use whatever in the garage...
Just gotta figure out how to drive em.

Just pick up a cheap amp from a yard/garage sale or kijiji/CL. If it isn't critical listening or insane volume levels, that would do the trick. Then use a laptop as a source. That is what I do.

HT: Yamaha RX-V565 | 3 X Energy Take FPS, 2 X VS Surround, 2 X Take LCR | DIY Subs: SDX12 APR15 & TRIO12 Dual APR 12's | 47" LCD

Music: Yamaha RX-V863 | 2 X Energy RC-70 | MA RXw12 Sub

Bathroom: 2 X Energy Take LCR

Car: Sony Xplod HU, Xplod 6X9s, Kenwood 4"s, Alpine 12" Type-S, Rockford Amp,...

post #39050 of 52222 Old 04-30-2012, 02:29 PM

ahhhhh having some trouble with some pretty basic stuff.

has anybody mounted their take classic satellites using monoprice mounts? specifically these- http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

I don't even know where to begin. I think i'm going to mount them to the ceiling with the extender and have them swivel and point towards the main listening position. anyone know where to begin?
post #39051 of 52222 Old 04-30-2012, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttybardude View Post

has anybody mounted their take classic satellites using monoprice mounts? specifically these- http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

I don't even know where to begin. I think i'm going to mount them to the ceiling with the extender and have them swivel and point towards the main listening position. anyone know where to begin?

I dont have classics, but I do have the Take LCR mounted with those. I ised a combination of the 'universal' hardware that came with the mounts in combination with what came with the speaker to make them work. Ceiling mounted...

HT: Yamaha RX-V565 | 3 X Energy Take FPS, 2 X VS Surround, 2 X Take LCR | DIY Subs: SDX12 APR15 & TRIO12 Dual APR 12's | 47" LCD

Music: Yamaha RX-V863 | 2 X Energy RC-70 | MA RXw12 Sub

Bathroom: 2 X Energy Take LCR

Car: Sony Xplod HU, Xplod 6X9s, Kenwood 4"s, Alpine 12" Type-S, Rockford Amp,...

post #39052 of 52222 Old 04-30-2012, 03:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by nuttybardude View Post

Just use the hardware that came with the mount. I used a couple of them on take classics. Just make sure to anchor them well to the drywall, one of my take classic satellites is pulling one of the mount somewhat out of the drywall.
post #39053 of 52222 Old 04-30-2012, 03:28 PM

I am new to energy speakers. I currently bought energy RC micro system and using it as my 5.1 setup. I was wondering if adding energy Veritas Mini blend well with this system?

I suppose I have to upgrade the front and left and center speakers using the Veritas Mini series.

However, I cannot find much review on these speakers. How good would they work with my RC setup?
post #39054 of 52222 Old 04-30-2012, 03:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 963
the V-Mini's will be much better, they are significantly larger and will play deeper, louder and cleaner. They should blend fine, but if you go this route upgrade all three front speakers (l/c/r) with V-Mini's and move the RC-Micros to surrounds/heights. Then sell the extra center on ebay or stash it in the closet for safekeeping

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #39055 of 52222 Old 04-30-2012, 06:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

Your surrounds don't have to be the same brand as your front three. It would be nice if they could though.

If you're just looking for bipole speakers maybe check a couple of these brands out. I've never heard any of them, just did a quick search.

http://www.amazon.ca/Streem-SR-490-B...115612&sr=8-18

http://www.amazon.ca/Fluance-AVBP2-S...115699&sr=8-28

Or get CR-10s which are at least Energy speakers and are bipole/dipole switchable. $340/pr isn't bad.
http://www.amazon.ca/Connoisseur-Ser...115867&sr=8-51

If you're close to the border then have the Veritas surrounds shipped there and then drive across and pick them up. There are several border cities in the US which will let you ship to them.
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it..._c=site_search
https://www.kinek.com/kpointC/Landin...on?page=border

I ended up using Kinek. Went to the states last weekend. Got 2 Veritas V-S for 399$. They are currently 1200$ a pair at FS here in Canada. Thanks a lot for all the advices, I am very happy with them. They add quite a dimension to the home theater experience !
post #39056 of 52222 Old 04-30-2012, 06:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by N3okiller View Post

I ended up using Kinek. Went to the states last weekend. Got 2 Veritas V-S for 399$. They are currently 1200$ for a pair at FS here in Canada. Thanks a lot for all the advices, I am very happy with them. They add quite a dimension to the home theater experience !

Thanks for the feedback and glad that all went well using the Kinek point. I have yet to hear about any trouble related to using Kinek points. Sometimes, factoring the cost of the trip to the Kinek point, one wonders if it's worth it. But when you save $800 like you just did, it's a no brainer...

post #39057 of 52222 Old 04-30-2012, 08:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Is there a preference when it comes to speaker wire that most agree on. For instance 100% copper compared to a copper mix. Is stranded wire still good to use? The minimum guage wire people are using with their energy speakers.

Thanks.

Ive got some stuff
post #39058 of 52222 Old 04-30-2012, 08:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 77 Post(s)
Liked: 353
I used 14ga with all my speakers. Should be enough unless you have really long runs to your speakers.

http://www.monoprice.com/products/pr...seq=1&format=2

The in wall CL2 rated wire is cool because they have red and black colored wire.

Afro GT
post #39059 of 52222 Old 04-30-2012, 08:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 85 Post(s)
Liked: 658
Quote:
Originally Posted by GiTcHaSuM View Post

For what its worth, you were right. I went ahead and got a vtf-15H and added two cb10s for front heights. The difference is incredible factoring in the added speakers and the sub. Thanks again to all for your suggestions and information.

It was a leap of faith, wasn't it? All the ID sub owners say, "Get one. They are amazing." Hard to believe. I know I didn't believe it

Be sure to try a few of the four to five star movies in this list: The New Master List of BASS in Movies with Frequency Charts.

post #39060 of 52222 Old 04-30-2012, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

I used 14ga with all my speakers. Should be enough unless you have really long runs to your speakers.

The in wall CL2 rated wire is cool because they have red and black colored wire.

Thanks afrogt,How do you feel about 100% copper comapred to a copper mix for wiring?

Ive got some stuff
Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page