post #52111 of 52134 Old 07-09-2014, 04:47 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Quote:
Originally Posted by cxr369 View Post
I know this topic has been talked about a lot before, but I couldn't find anything that specifically states energy RC speakers. Which amp would be a better fit for an RC lineup of RC70s, RC-LCR, and RC-Rs, the emotive XPA 5 or the NAD T955. I already have the NAD not sure if I should sell it and buy and emotiva or use them both in a 9 channel setup?
I have all the above mentioned RC speakers and the XPA-5. I added the XPA-5 to a Denon AVR-3312 and the sound quality difference between the two was marginal to my ears - nowhere near enough to justify the cost of the XPA-5. Can't comment on the NAD.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52112 of 52134 Old 07-09-2014, 05:09 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Ok, now THIS is a screaming deal from someone in the Los Angeles area, a pair of Veritas V2.1 for 75 bucks! http://losangeles.craigslist.org/wst...557618342.html

You would have to spend a LOT more money to get a better pair of 2-way bookshelf speakers than these.

Also a pair of V2.3i for $850 (no pics so hopefully actually "i" models or not a good deal): http://orangecounty.craigslist.org/ele/4540618000.html
Wow, if I lived out there I would have to buy those V2.1 even if I had no use for them. There's hardly ever anything even decent for sale on CL around here.
post #52113 of 52134 Old 07-09-2014, 05:57 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
Wow, if I lived out there I would have to buy those V2.1 even if I had no use for them. There's hardly ever anything even decent for sale on CL around here.
Yeah, I have a pair of the V2.1 bookshelves. They are FANTASTIC for their size. I'm REALLY impressed with them.
post #52114 of 52134 Old 07-09-2014, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Nothing around Colorado as well, had better luck with CL when I lived in Washington State.

Ive got some stuff
post #52115 of 52134 Old 07-09-2014, 06:33 PM
AVS Special Member

One of my piano black V5.2's arrived today, waiting on the other one. Brand new and nice looking, change of pace look compared to the rosenut colored ones I have. It made it with no damage at all, just a little on the box.

Ive got some stuff

Last edited by baron2; 07-09-2014 at 06:48 PM.
post #52116 of 52134 Old 07-09-2014, 09:30 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by baron2 View Post
One of my piano black V5.2's arrived today, waiting on the other one. Brand new and nice looking, change of pace look compared to the rosenut colored ones I have. It made it with no damage at all, just a little on the box.
Nice! Hope the other one arrives safely as well.
baron2 likes this.
post #52117 of 52134 Old 07-10-2014, 09:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmash View Post
Nice! Hope the other one arrives safely as well.
Should arrive this Friday, thanks

Ive got some stuff
post #52118 of 52134 Old 07-10-2014, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi,

Does anybody here has any idea on how to open an Energy exl:26 to replace the tweeter ?
I'd really appreciate any help. It looks like the speaker is sealed.

thanks,

Roberto
post #52119 of 52134 Old 07-10-2014, 06:20 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoelo View Post
Thanks, guys! I'm meeting the seller after work tonight. Sounds like a no-brainer, and $20 well spent. Looking forward to listening to them!
I had a pair of 5.1e's, and still have a pair of 2.1e's -- they're wonderful. I haven't reached the end of our thread yet, so maybe you've already gotten them...but they are indeed wonderful speakers.
And...just because they're 'old'...doesn't mean they don't great.
post #52120 of 52134 Old Yesterday, 08:44 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 63
I took a little gamble the other day on an ebay listing. Its a ESW-V8 subwoofer with some scratches, dented corners, and some missing rubber feet for $80 shipped
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Energy-ESW-V...E:L:OC:US:3160

I've been looking for one of these for a long time to use in my bedroom setup with a pair of V2.2i's. I'm currently using an S8.2 sub which works well, but its kind of ugly and i think the esw-v8 will be a little step up in sound quality.

I'm planning on fixing the corners with some sort of putty (jb weld, wood filler or something like that), filling and sanding out the scratches, and repainting the entire cabinet. I haven't decided if I'm going to try redoing the piano black finish, or just go with a black paint then polyurethane finish. If anyone has any experience with refinishing speakers like this, feel free to PM me with suggestions.

Regardless, i hoping this will be a great sub for $80 and a little elbow grease!
post #52121 of 52134 Old Yesterday, 09:03 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 92 Post(s)
Liked: 893
Funny. I was thinking of bidding on that to mate with my Mirage Prestige S8 (same sub) but the seller wouldn't answer when I twice asked to see actual photos detailing the extent of the damage. Since I wasn't sure how gnarly it would be I decided not to bid. The thing that really scared me was the ambiguity of "dented corner". I can handle some scratches and scuffs (my subs locations aren't too visible) but I didn't want a crushed corner.

Glad it went to someone here! Hope it's not too shabby of shape.
post #52122 of 52134 Old Yesterday, 09:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallerie View Post
I took a little gamble the other day on an ebay listing. Its a ESW-V8 subwoofer with some scratches, dented corners, and some missing rubber feet for $80 shipped
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Energy-ESW-V...E:L:OC:US:3160

I've been looking for one of these for a long time to use in my bedroom setup with a pair of V2.2i's. I'm currently using an S8.2 sub which works well, but its kind of ugly and i think the esw-v8 will be a little step up in sound quality.

I'm planning on fixing the corners with some sort of putty (jb weld, wood filler or something like that), filling and sanding out the scratches, and repainting the entire cabinet. I haven't decided if I'm going to try redoing the piano black finish, or just go with a black paint then polyurethane finish. If anyone has any experience with refinishing speakers like this, feel free to PM me with suggestions.

Regardless, i hoping this will be a great sub for $80 and a little elbow grease!
I've got one in my bedroom setup - 14X10X8 (5.1, RC-LCR/RC10/Rc mini CC's). It's a great performing sub. I use it mostly for music driven by an Oppo BDP-83, very smooth little sub.
post #52123 of 52134 Old Yesterday, 10:18 AM
Advanced Member

Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Funny. I was thinking of bidding on that to mate with my Mirage Prestige S8 (same sub) but the seller wouldn't answer when I twice asked to see actual photos detailing the extent of the damage. Since I wasn't sure how gnarly it would be I decided not to bid. The thing that really scared me was the ambiguity of "dented corner". I can handle some scratches and scuffs (my subs locations aren't too visible) but I didn't want a crushed corner.

Glad it went to someone here! Hope it's not too shabby of shape.
LOL....that is funny since I think we PM'd about a year ago or more about your prestige S8.

I asked for pictures too and didnt receive any. But then they sent me pictures after i won the listing. I didn't want to miss out on getting one of these for $80. Here are the pictures they sent:

It doesnt look too bad from the limited pictures, but we shall see when it arrives. My main concern is the driver which isnt shown. I hope thats in good shape.

Do you guys know if its difficult to take the driver out and the amp out? I know on some speakers you just remove the screws around the driver, pull it out and disconnect the wires. Similar for the amp. I hope thats the case here. It would be much easier to work on the cabinet if those come out easily.

Last edited by kgallerie; Yesterday at 10:22 AM.
post #52124 of 52134 Old Yesterday, 10:27 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Funny, they said the rubber feet were missing. But there they are! Looks like it's in decent shape with no major crush damage on the corners. Now I'm bummed I didn't bid!

I haven't looked at the driver closely, but the plate amp with controls on the back should be easy to remove, I'm sure there are just some screws. If the driver doesn't pop out the front easily I'm sure that once your remove the plate from the back you can access it from the inside.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #52125 of 52134 Old Yesterday, 10:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hey everyone,

Was wondering if anyone here is selling a pair of Veritas 5.1s in rosenut or any V-S surrounds. Please pm me if you or someone you know has an extra pair to sell.

Thanks!
post #52126 of 52134 Old Yesterday, 10:42 AM
AVS Addicted Member

BTW, since we're on the topic, here are some measurements of the Prestige S8 -

Nearfield freq response trace of basic response. I measured the woofer with the port plugged, separately from the port. These measurements are with the tip of the mic within an inch of the woofer/port:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/he31oiy59r...20response.jpg

You can see the port tune is about 32Hz, and the passband is pretty much flat between 30Hz and 100Hz. The specs are -3dB at 26Hz on the low end and 120Hz on the high end and the measurements basically confirm that.

Here's the spectrogram (woofer only, couldn't fuse the port and woofer measurements for this):

https://www.dropbox.com/s/loyeneu13v...arfield%29.jpg

Again, all of the energy is concentrated between 30Hz and ~120Hz or so. Basically produces no energy below 25Hz (as you'd expect) although with the port open I'd expect it to be a bit more powerful around ~30Hz.

And not that it needs to be repeated, but for anyone interested in the impact the room has (it's big!) here is the IN ROOM response at the main listening position with the sub on the right vs. the left side of my setup:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/hdc1buwpin...0vs%20left.jpg

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #52127 of 52134 Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 27 Post(s)
Liked: 40
hi guys, any body here owns the Energy C300 speakers? are they old speakers from energy? any idea how much they cost now in used market? what are other speakers that comes with the C300? thanks guys.

(2) Energy RC 70 towers
(1) Energy Veritas 2.0C center
(2) Energy Veritas 2.0R surrounds
(2) Energy RC LCR back surrounds
(1) Rythmik LV12R sub
(1) Denon 2112CI avr
(1) LG 55" LM7600 tv
post #52128 of 52134 Old Yesterday, 12:50 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 348
C-300 came out after the RC speakers, probably around late 2007 and discontinued in 2009. They're a step down from the RC and not as clear (bright) sounding as the newer CF, CB, CC speakers. They'll sound a little muffled by comparison but have nice bass. I think they look better than the current C-series speakers but don't sound quite as good.

I had some C100 bookshelf and the C-C100 center but sold them all so I could buy my RC-10 speakers. Woot had them for dirt cheap about 5 years ago.

Based on what I see in your signature your current speakers are all better than the C300.

The other speakers from the same series are the C500 towers, C200 bookshelf, C100 bookshelf, C50 bookshelf, C-C100 center and C-C50 center.

Review of C500, C-C100 and CR-100.
http://canadahifi.com/energy-c-serie...peaker-system/

As far as used prices your best bet is to check ebay or craigslist. Found one pair on Ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Energy-C-300...item4ad82a42e0
caloyzki likes this.

Afro GT

Last edited by afrogt; Yesterday at 12:53 PM.
post #52129 of 52134 Old Yesterday, 01:19 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
C-300 came out after the RC speakers, probably around late 2007 and discontinued in 2009. They're a step down from the RC and not as clear (bright) sounding as the newer CF, CB, CC speakers. They'll sound a little muffled by comparison but have nice bass. I think they look better than the current C-series speakers but don't sound quite as good.

I had some C100 bookshelf and the C-C100 center but sold them all so I could buy my RC-10 speakers. Woot had them for dirt cheap about 5 years ago.

Based on what I see in your signature your current speakers are all better than the C300.

The other speakers from the same series are the C500 towers, C200 bookshelf, C100 bookshelf, C50 bookshelf, C-C100 center and C-C50 center.

Review of C500, C-C100 and CR-100.
http://canadahifi.com/energy-c-serie...peaker-system/

As far as used prices your best bet is to check ebay or craigslist. Found one pair on Ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Energy-C-300...item4ad82a42e0
thanks for clarifying Afro, only the reason asking about the C300, someone want to sell me his C300. and im not sure if how good are they. i thought they are better from one of my speakers. but i will opted out. thanks again sir.

(2) Energy RC 70 towers
(1) Rythmik LV12R sub
(1) Denon 2112CI avr
(1) LG 55" LM7600 tv
post #52130 of 52134 Old Yesterday, 03:39 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 348
You have vintage Veritas and RC speakers. None of the C series speakers are in the same class.
caloyzki likes this.

Afro GT
post #52131 of 52134 Old Yesterday, 04:56 PM
AVS Special Member

I have a pair of V2.2i's and a bunch of V5.2's. Doing a comparison now and also remembering what I thought of the V5.2's before I bought my V2.2i's. I thought that the V5.2 was a good speaker, actually didnt mind it for music as well. Bought the V2.2i's and never really did any comparison until now. Still think the V5.2 is a nice speaker and wouldnt have a problem using it for music as well. With that said I think the V2.2i's just have a deeper, cleaner sound. The problem with this when looking for a setup to build finding I series Veritas is really hard and you have to be constantly looking for them. Now if you can find a full front stage of I series Veritas adding the V5.2's will blend better than the RC series, at least from my experience.

Ive got some stuff
post #52132 of 52134 Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Im still on the hunt for another pair of V2.2i's so if anyone wants to part with theirs shoot me a PM.

Ive got some stuff
post #52133 of 52134 Old Yesterday, 05:32 PM
AVS Special Member

if anyone looking for RC LCR, i am selling my 2 RC LCR. thanks.

Energy rc lcr and energy veritas v2.0c local pick up nyc

(2) Energy RC 70 towers
(1) Rythmik LV12R sub
(1) Denon 2112CI avr
(1) LG 55" LM7600 tv
post #52134 of 52134 Old Yesterday, 05:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Now here is something not everyone knows. The I series Veritas, (or should I say I only know this of the V2.2i not sure on the rest of the I series) went through a couple of different cabinet finishes. The last year Energy manufactured the V2.2i before they sold to Klypsch they got rid of the plastic semi gloss look cabinet glued on panels that had seams on the back corners. That last year they went to a seamless look cabinet and on the manufactures box it say New high gloss laquer finish. I have a pair of those new look V2.2i's with the manufactures box and have had an older cabinet version at the same time and if anyone wants to know they sounded exactly the same, just looked different. They have the same look of the newer Veritas cabinet finish but they still had the cut corners on the front comapared to the newer Veritas that have a totally squared cabinet look.
The finish is also better, they dont take on swirl marks like the newer Veritas do.

I have only seen one other pair of these newer V2.2i cabinets in someones house but have seen this new look while doing an image search of the V2.2i on the internet. Not sure if many of those made it into circulation since klypsch bought Energy after they were released, you always just see the I series with the glued on panels. If find a pair of those and have seen the older cabinet style its noticable in difference.

Ive got some stuff
Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page