75Likes

post #52141 of 52563 Old 07-13-2014, 01:53 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 87
Hang in there brother.

I can't stop weeping. I've been with my wife 14 1/2 years as well.

Send me a PM when you're up to it.

And be as goofy as you wanna be!

Last edited by Fears4Ears; 07-13-2014 at 03:25 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52142 of 52563 Old 07-14-2014, 06:34 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Hate to hear the sad news, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family...

post #52143 of 52563 Old 07-14-2014, 08:45 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Scott,

I'm sorry to hear this news. I will be praying for you and your family.

Joe
post #52144 of 52563 Old 07-14-2014, 08:52 AM

Location: San Diego County, southern California, USA, Planet Earth
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 40
Quote:
Originally Posted by baron2 View Post
I want to thank all you guys on this thread for interacting with me the past couple of years, even though
I can be a bit goofy on here sometimes. Got some bad news from Afghanistan yesterday and I am going to be signing off for awhile. Need to figure out how to go it alone now after hearing this sad news. Cherish what you have in life and do everything you can to hold on to it, it only takes a moment for it to ripped away from you. I was very fortunate to have 14 1/2 years with my wife, our aniversary is in 3 weeks. This really sucks guys. You all take care.

Scott
I am very sorry for your loss and hoping that time will soften the severity of your current pain.

You really shouldn't sign off; you also have a community of people here who care about you and willing to help you get through this difficult period in your life.

Wishing you all the best!

Edwin R. Hurd
AVS Forums Lurker-In-Training!

My Tight-space A/V Setup
post #52145 of 52563 Old 07-14-2014, 09:33 AM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey Scott. I haven't interacted much with you and am sort of a newbie here. I'm terribly sorry for what I think your post means and hope you can find the strength and courage to continue on. Even though i dont know you, this breaks my heart to hear this. Your words about cherishing life and loved ones ring true. It is easy to get caught in daily life and take things for granted. Rely on the support systems you have and your other loved ones and I wish you the very best my friend
post #52146 of 52563 Old 07-14-2014, 01:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 235
Quote:
I want to thank all you guys on this thread for interacting with me the past couple of years, even though
I can be a bit goofy on here sometimes. Got some bad news from Afghanistan yesterday and I am going to be signing off for awhile. Need to figure out how to go it alone now after hearing this sad news. Cherish what you have in life and do everything you can to hold on to it, it only takes a moment for it to ripped away from you. I was very fortunate to have 14 1/2 years with my wife, our aniversary is in 3 weeks. This really sucks guys. You all take care.

Scott
I rarely post in this thread as I don't usually have much to had what with losing most of my stuff awhile back. I just wanted to say I'm really sorry to hear about your loss, I can only imagine what losing a life partner is like, losing a parent is extremely hard and I would think it's a lot like that. Keep your head up, the pain never goes away but you'll get better at dealing with it in due time, good luck.
post #52147 of 52563 Old 07-15-2014, 03:33 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 24
@baron2 Scott, It's been a genuine pleasure interacting with you on the forums, and I'm so sorry for your loss. I wish you and your family strength in your time of sorrow.

-Joel
post #52148 of 52563 Old 07-15-2014, 09:36 PM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Looks like some guy in oceanside snagged those veritas 2.1's for the $75, and is now turning around and trying to sell them for $750...
...which is pretty darn disgusting.

http://sandiego.craigslist.org/nsd/ele/4571145299.html
post #52149 of 52563 Old 07-16-2014, 01:19 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 97 Post(s)
Liked: 96
Quote:

Scott
No words... Hang in there bud.
post #52150 of 52563 Old 07-16-2014, 07:01 AM

What is the consensus on the Veritas V2.3CH-1 towers? A pair is being sold for $500 in my area. I currently have a 5.0 setup of RC-70s, RC-LCR, and RC-10s. Would these compare favorably to the RC-70?
post #52151 of 52563 Old 07-16-2014, 07:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

Scott
OMG this is devastating, so sorry I'm out of words..

post #52152 of 52563 Old 07-16-2014, 08:02 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Really sorry to hear that Baron... I'm out of words too... Our thoughts are all with you...

Polk Audio LSIM703, Polk Audio LSIM704c, Energy Rc-70 surrounds, Energy rc-mini heights
Dual Reaction-Audio BPS212
Pioneer Elite sc-61 AVR
Pioneer Elite n50 network player
Marantz CD6004 cd player, Marantz UD5007 Blu ray player
Panasonic Tcl55dt60 led tv,Playstation 3 and a lot of old consoles
post #52153 of 52563 Old 07-16-2014, 08:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 1444
Quote:
Originally Posted by robotclaws View Post
What is the consensus on the Veritas V2.3CH-1 towers? A pair is being sold for $500 in my area. I currently have a 5.0 setup of RC-70s, RC-LCR, and RC-10s. Would these compare favorably to the RC-70?
The 2nd gen Veritas are significantly better than the RC series. Back then the Veritas line was a true flagship model unlike the current V's.

The issue though is that the non "i" versions had some mechanical flaws. Most notorious is the tendency for the woofers to "freeze" irreparably due to a design flaw. Also common on gloss black models was the veneer warping and peeling off over time.

Also personally I think the RCs are more attractive, especially compared to the non "i" models which had these bulging grill covers.

They are worth way more than $500 in terms of sound quality but inspect them carefully.
post #52154 of 52563 Old 07-16-2014, 09:05 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 14
ESW-V10 LED light burnt out

This isn't a big deal, but I'm wondering if anyone has successfully repaired or replaced the power LED light on their ESW-V10 sub? The other day I thought my sub wasn't running as the blue light wasn't glowing and I didn't "feel" like the sub was on (watching Netflix, so that might have been the reason for lack of punch). After checking, the sub was moving but the light wasn't on. I'm a bit paranoid with this sub because it's my second one - the first quit on me a few months after importing it to Canada from the US (wwstereo), and I elected for a new one instead of having it repaired in Canada - that was a costly mistake thanks to customs and shipping.

Anyway, I haven't had much time to check on the output either, but that might be another issue. I don't feel like I get the punch I used to even after putting in a blu-ray. I don't have equipment to test it either. Just my ears.

PS: It's hooked to a Yamaha HTR 6190B/RXV1800 and I have RC's all around. RC-70, RC-LCR, RC-R.

Last edited by advil_yum; 07-16-2014 at 09:11 AM. Reason: added my hooked equipment
post #52155 of 52563 Old 07-16-2014, 12:56 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 247 Post(s)
Liked: 401
LED is just a cosmetic issue, not functional. My s10.3 LED went out within 2 weeks of purchase. They sent me another LED to replace but I tossed it out. The blue light was annoying when trying to watch movies in the dark.

I've had my s10.3 for over 5 years with absolutely no problems except for that blue LED. Still going strong and use it daily.

You might be able to call Klipsch for a replacement LED.

Afro GT
post #52156 of 52563 Old 07-16-2014, 01:29 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 63
Quote:
Originally Posted by advil_yum View Post
This isn't a big deal, but I'm wondering if anyone has successfully repaired or replaced the power LED light on their ESW-V10 sub? The other day I thought my sub wasn't running as the blue light wasn't glowing and I didn't "feel" like the sub was on (watching Netflix, so that might have been the reason for lack of punch). After checking, the sub was moving but the light wasn't on. I'm a bit paranoid with this sub because it's my second one - the first quit on me a few months after importing it to Canada from the US (wwstereo), and I elected for a new one instead of having it repaired in Canada - that was a costly mistake thanks to customs and shipping.

Anyway, I haven't had much time to check on the output either, but that might be another issue. I don't feel like I get the punch I used to even after putting in a blu-ray. I don't have equipment to test it either. Just my ears.

PS: It's hooked to a Yamaha HTR 6190B/RXV1800 and I have RC's all around. RC-70, RC-LCR, RC-R.
I just got my esw-V8 from ebay yesterday, and that LED only lights up when the power is turned off. I thought that was kind of strange.

But the condition of the sub is pretty good considering the description. Only one corner is a little dented and there are definitely some scratches and scuffs in the finish. The rubber pads on the bottom of the little legs are in fact missing, but I can always try to find some or cut some to fit and glue them in. I will definitely be refinishing the cabinet so again, if anyone has any recommendations, that would be great. I was thinking about going with 3 coats of a gloss black lacquer, wet sand with 600 grit, then 3 coats of a clear lacquer, wet sand with 600 grit, then 2000 grit, then rubbing compound, then polish. Hopefully that will restore it nicely.

I did hook it up briefly and it has a great controlled sound to it. It was surely a noticeable step up from the XL-S8 that i switched it for. I haven't had a chance to compare it to the S8.2 that it will be replacing. But everything worked fine and its fully functional, and sounds great. Not a bad pick up for $80.
post #52157 of 52563 Old 07-16-2014, 04:45 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
I have the V2.3s and RC-70s and while I am no audiophile, I do trust my ears. The 2.3s are a better speaker, but not by leaps and bounds. What are your plans with the 2.3s if you were to buy them - replace your RC speakers or use them elsewhere? It could be expensive, difficult and time consuming to find the other matching speakers, especially the i versions. From what I have read, the non-i veritas woofers are quite prone to failure and the replacement woofers are available (I think), but are over $200 each if I recall correctly. My opinion is that if they are not the i version, don't buy them. $500 is a good price for a fully functional pair, but there may be reason that they already priced low.

Last edited by brendelac; 07-16-2014 at 04:51 PM.
post #52158 of 52563 Old 07-16-2014, 06:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendelac View Post
I have the V2.3s and RC-70s and while I am no audiophile, I do trust my ears. The 2.3s are a better speaker, but not by leaps and bounds. What are your plans with the 2.3s if you were to buy them - replace your RC speakers or use them elsewhere? It could be expensive, difficult and time consuming to find the other matching speakers, especially the i versions. From what I have read, the non-i veritas woofers are quite prone to failure and the replacement woofers are available (I think), but are over $200 each if I recall correctly. My opinion is that if they are not the i version, don't buy them. $500 is a good price for a fully functional pair, but there may be reason that they already priced low.
I appreciate the help! No real plans to buy or replace the RC setup I have now. I was just curious to see if it was a deal that was too good to pass up. Maybe hold onto them for a 2 channel setup in the future. If anybody else is interested and in the Kansas City area, they are currently on Craigslist.
post #52159 of 52563 Old 07-16-2014, 06:55 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
I appreciate the help! No real plans to buy or replace the RC setup I have now. I was just curious to see if it was a deal that was too good to pass up. Maybe hold onto them for a 2 channel setup in the future. If anybody else is interested and in the Kansas City area, they are currently on Craigslist.
http://kansascity.craigslist.org/msg/4505719477.html

Judging by the grills, those are not the i series, unless the woofers have been replaced previously with i series, but the ad would likely indicate that.

Last edited by brendelac; 07-16-2014 at 07:00 PM.
post #52160 of 52563 Old 07-17-2014, 04:53 AM

For those with nearby Fry's stores:

http://www.frys.com/product/7777388?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

$129.00 a pair for RC-10 if you can find them in stock. About as good a deal as I've ever seen on anything.
post #52161 of 52563 Old 07-17-2014, 08:32 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Just wanted to pop in to ask if anyone has any v5.1s in rosewood and V-S surrounds they are looking to sell. Please shoot me a pm if you do!

thanks!
post #52162 of 52563 Old 07-17-2014, 09:43 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sanjoelo View Post
For those with nearby Fry's stores:

http://www.frys.com/product/7777388?...H:MAIN_RSLT_PG

$129.00 a pair for RC-10 if you can find them in stock. About as good a deal as I've ever seen on anything.
Holy Cow! Lowest price ever!

Just bought a pair! I have cherry RC-10, RC Mini Center and RC Mini bookshelf in bedroom setup. Have RC-70's, RC LCR in black in main room with Jamo towers as surrounds. Might as well get the black RC-10s now with the price that low. Thanks for posting this!

if the RC LCR ever comes in at that price I'll buy one of those too.
sanjoelo likes this.

Afro GT
post #52163 of 52563 Old 07-17-2014, 09:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
Holy Cow! Lowest price ever!

Just bought a pair! I have cherry RC-10, RC Mini Center and RC Mini bookshelf in bedroom setup. Have RC-70's, RC LCR in black in main room with Jamo towers as surrounds. Might as well get the black RC-10s now with the price that low. Thanks for posting this!

if the RC LCR ever comes in at that price I'll buy one of those too.
My pleasure, glad someone was able to score a pair. If I had a Fry's anywhere near here, I'd have done the same. $65/ea for Rc-10's is more like outright theft than a sale price.
post #52164 of 52563 Old 07-17-2014, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Amazing.

Of course as soon as you posted that, I started plotting on how to get a pair.

My girlfriend is often in Mobile, so I thought - Georgia is not THAT far of a trip and she could score a couple for her next visit.

I do, however have both a good living room and bedroom systems, and a full VMini system ready for an office setup that's coming up, so.... outside of committing outright theft, my only motivation would be... ??

Upgradeitis. The scourge of the Energyphile.
post #52165 of 52563 Old 07-17-2014, 10:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hernanu View Post
so.... outside of committing outright theft, my only motivation would be... ??

Upgradeitis. The scourge of the Energyphile.
I believe you just answered your own question
post #52166 of 52563 Old 07-17-2014, 02:03 PM

Quoted: 91 Post(s)
Liked: 64
V-minis for ATMOS?

Since it is becoming more and more difficult to acquire the Energy RC or new Veritas line, I've decided to purchase ceiling speakers right now for ATMOS in the future.
I currently have all RC70 fronts, V-S's for side surrounds, and RC10s for rear surrounds.

I have purchased four V-minis (@ $129 each from Amazon) to mount to the ceiling and aim at the MLP (using omnimount 10.0's and maybe a block of wood).

I'm hoping these will make decent overhead Atmos speakers. They certainly will tonally match my speakers as well as anything available and are also small enough to easily mount to the ceiling.

So I guess that leaves the question of whether the V-minis will have a wide enough dispersal pattern to be appropriate for Atmos overheads? (as stated in a quote from atmos thread by batpig below, emphasis added) Do you all think they will work reasonably well?

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
The ceiling speakers should ideally be (1) a good tonal match to your other speakers to maintain the seamlessless of the 3D bubble, so preferably speakers from the same manufacturer if possible, and (2) have decent dispersion characteristics so that the sound effects from above don't "beam" too much and restrict the size of the sweet spot. The latter factor is probably less of a concern the higher your ceilings are.

Energy Speakers' specs spreadsheet.

Corrections or additions? Please PM me and I will edit the document.
post #52167 of 52563 Old 07-17-2014, 02:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 929 Post(s)
Liked: 1444
I think it would be hard to find a better match for that setup, considering the need for something relatively small, easily ceiling-mounted and a good tonal match for the other speakers. Energy speakers in general are designed based on NRC principles derived from the research of Toole and others, and one of the three core principles is wide dispersion.

The other option could be to stay on the lookout for in-ceiling RC speakers; there was a model (RC-6Cst) which had dual tweeters that could be aimed separately to increase coverage. But I bet the RC/V-Mini's will work fine.
PoshFrosh likes this.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #52168 of 52563 Old 07-17-2014, 02:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I got the last box of RC-10's at my local Fry's store. They still had the demo pair but wouldn't sell them. The Sales rep said they expect to get more RC-10s in the future. I thought this might be a clearance sale and they were ridding themselves of RC speakers but maybe not.

Mine must have been an open box because the manual and foam plugs were missing but the speakers were packed as new and the grilles were still in their boxes. Got them hooked up and sitting on top of my RC-70's while I break them in.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	new RC-10.PNG
Views:	51
Size:	850.2 KB
ID:	166857  

Afro GT
post #52169 of 52563 Old 07-17-2014, 02:48 PM
AVS Addicted Member

If anyone is in the Seattle area they had 6 pairs of RC-10 at the Renton store. I had the Sales Rep look up inventory at west coast stores while I was killing time.

Afro GT
post #52170 of 52563 Old 07-17-2014, 05:13 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
If anyone is in the Seattle area they had 6 pairs of RC-10 at the Renton store. I had the Sales Rep look up inventory at west coast stores while I was killing time.
I tried to buy a pair online to pick up in Houston store but when I went to check out it kicked it out and said not available.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page