Forum Jump: 
 38Likes

post #52321 of 52329 Old 08-27-2014, 08:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Does the RC-R or Veritas V-S Surround Speaker come with a keyhole slot wall mount bracket? If not, how does one mount this flush against the wall?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52322 of 52329 Old 08-27-2014, 08:49 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by JChin View Post
Does the RC-R or Veritas V-S Surround Speaker come with a keyhole slot wall mount bracket? If not, how does one mount this flush against the wall?
The V-S comes with a keyhole bracket that keeps it out about 1/4" from the wall. There are 2 rubber bumpers for the bottom corners to keep it level and from being tight against the wall. All you will need to mount them is a screw and anchor if you don't have a stud available.

post #52323 of 52329 Old 08-27-2014, 09:00 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcramer View Post
The V-S comes with a keyhole bracket that keeps it out about 1/4" from the wall. There are 2 rubber bumpers for the bottom corners to keep it level and from being tight against the wall. All you will need to mount them is a screw and anchor if you don't have a stud available.

Hi tcramer, that's what I thought but I got this respond from Energy support.

These speakers were never equipped with a keyhole mount but utilize a 3/8-16 threaded insert. We do not manufacture a specific bracket to work with this speaker. You may want to try one of the following sites. They should have solutions that will work well for your needs.
post #52324 of 52329 Old 08-27-2014, 11:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 381
Owners manual for Veritas series with diagram for mounting shows putting a screw and anchor into the wall.
http://www.voxxintlcorp.com/docs/common/V-S/V-S_OM.pdf

The cut sheet says 3/8 16 thread insert
http://www.voxxintlcorp.com/docs/com...V-S_CUT_SH.pdf

Photo of back of speaker on Energy website looks like threaded insert
http://www.energy-speakers.com/produ...ritas/?sku=V-S

clear as mud eh?
Attached Images
File Type: png Energy V-S back.PNG (83.3 KB, 7 views)

Afro GT

Last edited by afrogt; 08-27-2014 at 11:54 PM.
post #52325 of 52329 Old 08-27-2014, 11:58 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 381
RC-R looks like it comes with hardware to be used as a keyhole slot.
Attached Images
File Type: png Energy RC-R back.PNG (344.1 KB, 11 views)

Afro GT
post #52326 of 52329 Old Yesterday, 04:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all, I'm looking for some help on in-wall speakers.

My current setup is the Veritas V-6.2 fronts, V-Mini-C center (no room for the V5.2), and V-Mini surrounds in a 7.1 setup. I also have a Klipsch RW-12d sub. This is all hooked up to a Onkyo TX-NR709 that has Audyssey MultEQ XT for levels. The room is pretty big, basically square, ~575 sqft with vaulted ceilings.

Amazon has the EAS-6C for $80 a pair, but I am worried that I will be underwhelmed by them. When we first moved in, I used my old Take 5.1 speakers as surrounds, but they weren't cutting it so I got the V-Minis. We are redoing the room, so I am getting some in-wall speakers to clean it up, but I am not sure what would be the best match for what I have. I can't find the RC models anywhere, so either I go with another brand or get the EAS. The EAS-6W is also an option but they are $200 a pair, and as far as I can tell, they are basically the same speaker as the 6C. There are a few EAS-8C around on ebay and Amazon warehouse, but I don't think I really need 8" speakers with a sub. There are some EAS-6Cst around as well, are they any better in mono mode?

I am also thinking of getting 2 more pairs for a future 11.1/7.1.4 Atmos setup, should I get something better if I were to use that many of them?

TLR:

-Do the EAS in wall speakers match well with Veritas line?
-Aside from the shape, what is difference between the EAS-6C and EAS 6W?
-Atmos?

Thanks
post #52327 of 52329 Old Yesterday, 04:51 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 1071
The problem is that the Veritas speakers are Energy's (current) top of the line, whereas the EAS line of in-wall speakers are the entry level offerings. I wouldn't want that much of a step down in quality. It would be great if the RC in-walls were around but... they aren't.

Considering you have MultEQ XT to correct minor timbre differences, I would step away from the Energy brand and get better quality in-walls from some other manufacturer. Frankly I don't think the EAS will be that perfect of a timbre match anyway so it's not like you will lose much going to a different brand in terms of "matching", and you will get something with a quality level closer to your front 3 speakers.

I would look at PSB (also a Canadian company, and Paul Barton was schooled in the same principles as Energy's founders) and internet direct brands known for their neutrality and good value like Axiom. There are other good brands like KEF, Tannoy, etc. Basically, I wouldn't worry about timbre matching too much and just get the best in-walls you can afford.

With respect to your three questions:

1. Probably not as discussed above
2. It's just shape, C = in-ceiling (round) and W = in-wall (rectangular). I'm not sure why it works this way, probably aesthetics? But it seems like in-ceilings are always round and in-walls always rectangles....
3. If you are going to be chopping up walls and running wires I would go ahead and get four in-ceilings from the same line as the in-walls you get for surrounds. You don't want to deal with that twice so do it right the first time IMO. Then you know you have a high quality set of surrounds / in-ceilings that will carry with you even if you at some point change up the L/C/R front end.

Also, since I'm spending your money, might as well think about a second sub for a room that large

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!

Last edited by batpig; Yesterday at 04:54 PM.
post #52328 of 52329 Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 56
There may be more than just the shape for differences between the "C" in ceiling speakers and the "W" in wall designated speakers.... be sure to check the mounting depth specs between the two models... In ceiling speakers may be deeper as they are intended for the additional space typically afforded ceiling mounting, whereas the in wall speakers should for certain fit in the typical 2 X 4 stud frames as far as depth....
post #52329 of 52329 Old Yesterday, 09:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 1071
Ooh, good point. I forget about mounting depth.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page