post #52411 of 52416 Old Yesterday, 10:26 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
Originally Posted by teookie View Post
Soooo I think I've found a dud in the Energy line, or I don't know what I'm doing. Check out this video I made:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za6qzFj1uzk
You can hear that the Energy EAS-6C in-ceiling speakers sound like tin cans compared to the take classics. Anyone else have this experience? I expected the larger (6.5") ceiling speakers to put out better sound than the small (3") take classics. I just bought two pairs of the EAS-6C speakers and all four of them sound like this. I've double checked my wiring and the receiver settings and everything is set up properly. I have to crank up the bass and turn down the treble to get these things to sound half decent. If I can't find a solution they will have to go back to amazon which makes me sad since I am an Energy fan.
I don't think you can judge the sound like that. When they are mounted the joist space will act like a cabinet, right?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52412 of 52416 Old Yesterday, 10:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by teookie View Post
Soooo I think I've found a dud in the Energy line, or I don't know what I'm doing. Check out this video I made:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=za6qzFj1uzk
You can hear that the Energy EAS-6C in-ceiling speakers sound like tin cans compared to the take classics. Anyone else have this experience? I expected the larger (6.5") ceiling speakers to put out better sound than the small (3") take classics. I just bought two pairs of the EAS-6C speakers and all four of them sound like this. I've double checked my wiring and the receiver settings and everything is set up properly. I have to crank up the bass and turn down the treble to get these things to sound half decent. If I can't find a solution they will have to go back to amazon which makes me sad since I am an Energy fan.
You do realize that you are doing an apples to oranges comparison.. You are comparing an unmounted in-ceiling designed speaker to a enclosed and designed specified cabinet volume bookshelf speaker.... In what possible way is that a reasonable way to compare the two speakers overall sound? Not to mention, that the two speakers use totally different driver construction materials, and the tweeter in the 6C is bigger than the one in the Take speaker and you have the making of a huge discrepancy in sound between the two.. What you are essentially showing is the reason why you would need to have big bass and treble adjustment differences between the two and that is about it.... At least mount the in ceiling speaker in some sort of enclosure to even things up a bit...
post #52413 of 52416 Old Yesterday, 11:41 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I moved some speakers around about 4 months ago and wanted to report in. I switched RC-70s out with 22 Reference Connoisseurs and I have to say that I am excited to have music playing through them and look forward to turning them on. The RC-70s are great, but for music I have to define them as safe, not so much inspiring or exciting. (I have always found that the RC-70s are perfect for home theatre.) The 22 Reference Connoisseurs are high energy and powerful. I am really appreciating them as a speaker worth using. They are a great sounding and tremendously bass punchy speaker that generates excitement and passion for music. I'm loving them. I recommend to pick some up if you have the opportunity.

Here are some older manuals from Energy

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #52414 of 52416 Old Today, 12:06 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 11
RC-70's are back to $299 each at Frys. Funny thing is I'm going there today to help buddy build a PC. Now these are going to be tempting me even though I have RC-70's already...
post #52415 of 52416 Old Today, 03:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 303
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peen View Post
RC-70's are back to $299 each at Frys. Funny thing is I'm going there today to help buddy build a PC. Now these are going to be tempting me even though I have RC-70's already...
Just grab another set as surrounds/wides ( devil's advocate at playyyyy )

Energy Rc-70 fronts, Energy Rc-70 surrounds, Energy veritas 5.2c, Energy rc-mini heights
Dual Reaction-Audio BPS212
Pioneer Elite sc-61 AVR
Pioneer Elite n50 network player
Marantz CD6004 cd player
Marantz UD5007 Blu ray player
Panasonic Tcl55dt60 led tv , Playstation 3 and a lot of old consoles
post #52416 of 52416 Old Today, 03:10 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peen View Post
70's work great as rear channels ........ I have 70's as front Left and Right with RC-LCR as center and 70's for rear Left and Right and 50's for rear back channels.......sounds beyond excellent!!!
Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page