75Likes

post #52561 of 52569 Old 10-11-2014, 06:20 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 253 Post(s)
Liked: 405
Quote:
I have 2 RC-10's, 2 RC minis and an RC CC. (all cherry if that makes a difference) I bought some banana plugs from Monoprice. They are very slightly too small(all 5 speakers) so every time I move a speaker a tiny little bit the plugs fall out.
I have those exact speakers in my bedroom setup in cherry too. I used to buy the monoprice plugs but I much prefer the Sewell Deadbolt plugs even more. The Monoprice plugs have a metal outer case while the Sewell outer shell in non conductive material. And they are much easier to install.

http://sewelldirect.com/Sewell-Deadb...ugs-6-Pair.asp

I think Monster makes the same type plugs but the Sewell plug is much cheaper.

Afro GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52562 of 52569 Old 10-14-2014, 05:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 51
RC-LCR $160 Vancouver, BC Canada
post #52563 of 52569 Old 10-16-2014, 09:39 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
My ownership of Energy Speakers entails of:
two V2.2i mains, a V2.0Ci center, two V2.1 as surrounds
and two V6.2 mains, a V5.2C center, two V2.0Ri surrounds
Last night after being at work for 14 hours, I drove six hours round-trip to pick up a new set on craigslist at a price that was too good to pass up:
So I've now added two V6.2 mains (piano rosenut), a V5.2C center (piano rosenut), and two V-Mini-BS (rosenut).

I really wish I had an AT screen in my theater so I could have a V6.2 L/C/R setup! I gave it a test in front of the screen and was blown away at the difference with a completely matching front stage.
Also, I've never been a fan of finishes that weren't black for speakers but the Piano Rosenut looks incredible!
I couldn't believe how great the V-Mini's sound! I definitely didn't have high expectations for how small they are but I was thoroughly impressed - at low to mid volumes anyways.
post #52564 of 52569 Old 10-29-2014, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by --DANNY-- View Post
My ownership of Energy Speakers entails of:
two V2.2i mains, a V2.0Ci center, two V2.1 as surrounds
and two V6.2 mains, a V5.2C center, two V2.0Ri surrounds
Last night after being at work for 14 hours, I drove six hours round-trip to pick up a new set on craigslist at a price that was too good to pass up:
So I've now added two V6.2 mains (piano rosenut), a V5.2C center (piano rosenut), and two V-Mini-BS (rosenut).

I really wish I had an AT screen in my theater so I could have a V6.2 L/C/R setup! I gave it a test in front of the screen and was blown away at the difference with a completely matching front stage.
Also, I've never been a fan of finishes that weren't black for speakers but the Piano Rosenut looks incredible!
I couldn't believe how great the V-Mini's sound! I definitely didn't have high expectations for how small they are but I was thoroughly impressed - at low to mid volumes anyways.
For those who live in Toronto, Canada, here's a great deal on 2.1 Veritas:
http://www.kijiji.ca/v-electronics/c...ationFlag=true
post #52565 of 52569 Old 10-29-2014, 08:36 AM

Liked: 0
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me the differences between the e:XL-25B-1 vs e:XL-26. I have a chance to pick up the former, and want to pair them with the latter, for use as rear surrounds to replace a pair of Energy surrounds that have gone missing (don't ask).

Thanks in advance.
post #52566 of 52569 Old 10-29-2014, 09:49 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked: 1468
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan Rhein View Post
Hello,

I was wondering if anyone can tell me the differences between the e:XL-25B-1 vs e:XL-26. I have a chance to pick up the former, and want to pair them with the latter, for use as rear surrounds to replace a pair of Energy surrounds that have gone missing (don't ask).

Thanks in advance.
The 26 is just a larger version of the 25. The link below is the e:XL series manual with specs for all models on pg 22:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/iopzm4bwrr...Specs.pdf?dl=0

The e:XL-26 is slightly larger (3 inches taller, a bit under an inch wider, and about 2.5 inches deeper), 5lbs heavier, and features dual 6.5" woofers instead of the dual 5.5" woofers in the e:XL-25. Same tweeter, same crossover, but the extra size and larger woofers give it about 5Hz deeper bass extension.

So they should be a perfect tonal match and make an excellent surround speaker pairing with the ones you have.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #52567 of 52569 Old 10-29-2014, 01:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
The 26 is just a larger version of the 25. The link below is the e:XL series manual with specs for all models on pg 22:

The e:XL-26 is slightly larger (3 inches taller, a bit under an inch wider, and about 2.5 inches deeper), 5lbs heavier, and features dual 6.5" woofers instead of the dual 5.5" woofers in the e:XL-25. Same tweeter, same crossover, but the extra size and larger woofers give it about 5Hz deeper bass extension.

So they should be a perfect tonal match and make an excellent surround speaker pairing with the ones you have.

Thanks. They were kind of beat up, I ended up getting a pair of Connoisseur C-5s from someone else that are in perfect shape and sounded amazing. How do you think these will pair up with the 26s?
post #52568 of 52569 Old 10-29-2014, 02:15 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 967 Post(s)
Liked: 1468
The C-5's are much better, they are from the higher level Connoisseur series. So I would use them as fronts and either sell the e:XL's or move them to surrounds.

If you want to upgrade the whole setup that Connoisseur series (the "odd number" verisons, C-1, C-3, C-5 etc) are frequently available used at cheap prices and represent a lot of bang for the buck. The matching center is the C-C1 or, if you can find it, the C-C3 is a monster and was the predecessor to the RC-LCR. For surrounds you can get more towers, the C-1 or C-3 bookshelfs, or the C-R1 or C-R3 bipole surrounds.

The surrounds don't have to be a perfect match, tonal differences aren't as noticeable behind you. So if you want to keep using the e:XL's and focus on other upgrades (center, subwoofer, etc) then it will still sound great.

There's a C-C1 on eBay right now: http://www.ebay.com/itm/ENERGY-Conno...-/121472359916

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!

Last edited by batpig; 10-29-2014 at 02:20 PM.
post #52569 of 52569 Old 10-29-2014, 02:23 PM

Great info. Thanks so much.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page