Forum Jump: 
 85Likes

Old 11-26-2014, 11:45 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 73 Post(s)
Liked: 59
I want to use the spikes that came with the RC 70's on a ceramic tile floor but the small discs are hard to position and the rubber bumper on the bottom of the disc slides off too easy.

Anyone find a different solution?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-26-2014, 11:51 AM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Energy Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
I want to use the spikes that came with the RC 70's on a ceramic tile floor but the small discs are hard to position and the rubber bumper on the bottom of the disc slides off too easy.

Anyone find a different solution?

Those discs are really a pain in the ass. I tried using them on my hardwood floors and the speakers were very unsteady.I ended up cutting a small pc of carpeting and put underneath. Works well.

-60" SAMSUNG-ENERGY RC-50'S-ENERGY RC-LCR-ENERGY RC-10'S-PSA XV15se-PIONEER ELITE SC-25-OPPO BDP 103Dhttp://www.avsforum.com/g/a/1459339/default/
Old 11-26-2014, 12:04 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tang7969 View Post
Those discs are really a pain in the ass. I tried using them on my hardwood floors and the speakers were very unsteady.I ended up cutting a small pc of carpeting and put underneath. Works well.
Thanks! I thought about that but someone said the spikes tey thought the spikes would penetrate through the carpet.
I guess it depends on the carpet you use?
I think I'll give that a try. Looks like it works well.
Old Yesterday, 09:48 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Might I add that even though you said you were mostly concerned with 2.1 sound, but you said you have center for video viewing, you might want to consider the RC 10 along with the RC LCR also on sale at Fry's.

Would make for an awesome front timbre matched system.
Hey folks, thought I'd give an update - I purchased the RC-10s and they are, unsurprisingly, an huge upgrade over my old e:XL speakers. I've been going back and listening to old albums just to pick up details I've never been able to pick out before. Thanks for the advice - at $250 I don't think you can beat these speakers.

I wanted to also add that I've been eyeing the RC-LCR since the RC-10s arrived and I just saw on Frys that the price is down to $250. Seems like that's also a solid deal since it was $429 when I checked it last week.

http://www.frys.com/product/7815829

Happy Thanksgiving!
Old Yesterday, 09:52 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 36 Post(s)
Liked: 52
http://www.frys.com/search?search_ty...y_string=rc-70

RC-70s $279 each at frys.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by lyansaine View Post
Hey folks, thought I'd give an update - I purchased the RC-10s and they are, unsurprisingly, an huge upgrade over my old e:XL speakers. I've been going back and listening to old albums just to pick up details I've never been able to pick out before. Thanks for the advice - at $250 I don't think you can beat these speakers.

I wanted to also add that I've been eyeing the RC-LCR since the RC-10s arrived and I just saw on Frys that the price is down to $250. Seems like that's also a solid deal since it was $429 when I checked it last week.

http://www.frys.com/product/7815829

Happy Thanksgiving!
I made the e:XL to RC upgrade as well. Night and day difference by far. No other upgrade I have made since has been as significant.
lyansaine likes this.
Old Yesterday, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
I am looking for a home theater setup almost exclusively to be used for tv/movies. I had been waiting for the Infinity primus p363s to go back on sale, and they just did for $200/pair so I ordered. I was looking to purchase the PC351 which just dropped down to $180. But now, with the recent Frys price drop, I am considering going RC-70 and RC-LCR front setup or 3 RC-LCR. What are your thoughts? I've seen great reviews praising them for the performance when they were much more expensive, so those seem to say they are a steal at these sale prices. It does seem weird how there seems to be unlimited supply of these when they were supposedly discontinued awhile back, and that they go on sale so cheap compared to MSRP regularly. I had also considered the Emp Tek line when I was in the research phase, and with their current Black Friday sale, they also have me intrigued. Room is fairly small at roughly cubic feet. Speakers will be paired with a PC12-NSD I already purchased from SVS during their closeout sale.
Old Yesterday, 03:29 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 1122 Post(s)
Liked: 1571
The Primus line has long been considered one of the best bang for the buck performers out there, they probably way outperform their price point and it may or may not be a sonic upgrade to switch the RC. However, the RCs absolutely crush the Primus in aesthetics and build quality. Remember the RC-70 were originally $2,000 a pair. The quality of the cabinet, drivers, binding posts, magnetic grills vs cheap plastic pins, etc.

So if that kind of thing matters to you, go with the RCs.
Huck43 likes this.
Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by tang7969 View Post
Thanks! I thought about that but someone said the spikes tey thought the spikes would penetrate through the carpet.
I guess it depends on the carpet you use?
I think I'll give that a try. Looks like it works well.
Out of curiosity, why even use the spikes on a solid surface floor?
Old Yesterday, 04:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 103
fry's

rc-lcr 229.00

rc 70's 279.00

Nice.....

Habit Forming....Wallet Burning Hobby....

64" Samsung F8500 Plasma
55" Samsung B8500 Full Array Lcd
Channel Master Dvr
Onkyo 818
Crown xls-2000
Sony Blu-Ray 790
Svs Ultra Towers/Center, Energy Rc-50 Surround
Svs Pb-13 Ultra Sub
Old Yesterday, 05:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 415
RC-10s are $229/pr too. And you can order online with free shipping tonite.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Frys Energy Black Friday sale.PNG
Views:	15
Size:	751.0 KB
ID:	389169  

Afro GT
Old Yesterday, 05:42 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 282 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Quote:
It does seem weird how there seems to be unlimited supply of these when they were supposedly discontinued awhile back, and that they go on sale so cheap compared to MSRP regularly.
Energy is producing RC-10s, RC-70's and RC-LCR exclusively for Fry's. Kinda like Mirage is producing speakers exclusively for Woot.com to sell.

The RC-70 is better sounding than the Infinity Primus P363 and light years ahead in build quality. $279 is the lowest price I've ever seen the RC-70 towers. I paid $299 back in Feb 2014 and have been perfectly happy with my speakers. If I was starting over I'd get these again.

you should at least jump on the RC-70 and RC-LCR.
Huck43 likes this.

Afro GT
Old Yesterday, 06:28 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
So I think one of my bookshelf RC-10 rears/sides has had a bit too many falls. The sound has been messed up for awhile, very muffled sounding, and I kind of worry the other bookshelf speaker might have some problems too but no where near what the other one is like. So what are my options. Getting another RC-10? They seem to be hard to find now.

I'd rather replace them with the same speaker, since the rest of my setup is 2 RC-50's and a RC-LCR as the center, but would it be possible to get a different set of bookshelf speakers as rears/sides that sonically sound the same and go with the rest of the set? Or am I screwed to try and find RC-10's? Too bad I didn't see the Fry's deal for a pair of RC-10's for $200 earlier this year.
Old Yesterday, 07:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 222
Did you not see the posts right above yours about Fry's rc-10's?
Old Yesterday, 07:28 PM
AVS Addicted Member

If your RC-10s keep falling off their stands then the obvious answer is to get RC-70s from Frys (seriously man, literally the post before yours ) and move your RC-50s to surround duty
Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 262 Post(s)
Liked: 322
Nothing out there can't match the RC aesthetics and build quality for $279 or $300 ,what I ask how much they make selling this speakers at that price.

First all the labor,the parts ,shipping ,weight.

Panasonic 65VT60 / Marantz SR7005 / Marantz UD7007 /2 PSA XS30 /Revel Performa3 F206 / Revel Performa3 C205 / Revel Surrounds/Sonos Connect/ Roku 3 / Amazon Fire tv / Xbox One / HTPC / Darbee 5000 /Sonos for bedrooms,kitchen,bathroom/Master bedroom Sonos sound bar/Sonos sub and Sonos surrounds.
Old Yesterday, 08:18 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Dept of misc (but useful) information;

Guys when quoting someone with a picture in his post ... why not just highlight the words then C+P it in a new post with quote tags instead of having the page take 10 mins to load with the same picture 76 times ...

just sayin' ....
Old Yesterday, 08:24 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxx1 View Post
Dept of misc (but useful) information;

Guys when quoting someone with a picture in his post ... why not just highlight the words then C+P it in a new post with quote tags instead of having the page take 10 mins to load with the same picture 76 times ...

just sayin' ....
Or upgrade your 28.8k modem.

J/K I agree, post quoting pictures is silly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post
Nothing out there can't match the RC aesthetics and build quality for $279 or $300 ,what I ask how much they make selling this speakers at that price.

First all the labor,the parts ,shipping ,weight.
They must be making something so my question is how much were they making at $1000/ea?

Last edited by brendelac; Yesterday at 08:29 PM.
Old Yesterday, 08:28 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Does anyone know how the CF-50 towers compare to the XL-25? My XL-25's have a bit of damage so I'm thinking of replacing them with the CF-50's.
Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMcC View Post
Does anyone know how the CF-50 towers compare to the XL-25? My XL-25's have a bit of damage so I'm thinking of replacing them with the CF-50's.
Take the full leap and get the RC-70s while they are on sale at Frys currently. Better than the C series and a bigger leap forward from the eXL.
Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Out of curiosity, why even use the spikes on a solid surface floor?
Isolation, Leveling on slightly uneven floor/tile, cause it looks good.

Last edited by laserjock II; Yesterday at 09:18 PM.
Old Yesterday, 09:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendelac View Post
They must be making something so my question is how much were they making at $1000/ea?

I'm not sure if they ever sold this speakers for $1,000 each ,probably less.I have heard more refined speakers for $1,000 each.

If my budget were $600 for a pair of speaker towers, I wouldn't think twice to buy this speakers.

Panasonic 65VT60 / Marantz SR7005 / Marantz UD7007 /2 PSA XS30 /Revel Performa3 F206 / Revel Performa3 C205 / Revel Surrounds/Sonos Connect/ Roku 3 / Amazon Fire tv / Xbox One / HTPC / Darbee 5000 /Sonos for bedrooms,kitchen,bathroom/Master bedroom Sonos sound bar/Sonos sub and Sonos surrounds.
Old Yesterday, 10:47 PM

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Best two tower speaker deals this Black Friday sales are Energy RC-70s and EMP R55Tis. You can't go wrong with either although both will have different sound characteristics. Infinity P363s are an excellent deal as well for lower budget consumers, although the Energys and EMPs are a step above in both sound and build quality (especially Build Quality). I personally would jump on the EMPs if I already didn't have too many speakers
Old Yesterday, 10:57 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexMcC View Post
+1 to what batpig said. Being used to the XL series, you will not regret buying the RC70s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post
I'm not sure if they ever sold this speakers for $1,000 each ,probably less.I have heard more refined speakers for $1,000 each.

If my budget were $600 for a pair of speaker towers, I wouldn't think twice to buy this speakers.
Future Shop (in Canada) had them for $1249 each not very long ago, maybe 12-18 months or so.

Last edited by brendelac; Yesterday at 11:04 PM.
Old Yesterday, 10:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Take the full leap and get the RC-70s while they are on sale at Frys currently. Better than the C series and a bigger leap forward from the eXL.
I'm in Canada, so I can't take advantage of the deal at Fry's, but futureshop has the CF-50s on for $400 for the pair.

Last edited by AlexMcC; Yesterday at 11:04 PM.
Old Today, 12:21 AM

Looks like I might have been wrong about Frys shipping the RC-70s to Canada. Does anyone have any experience with ordering a larger item like this from Frys into Canada?
Old Today, 12:40 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Looking at get ing 2 x RC-70s, RC-10s, and an RC-LCR from fries for my HT. Probably have to go without a sub for $$$ reasons. Looking at getting a refurb Denon X2000 from here. Will this receiver be a good match for the RCs, or is another brand/model a better match to produce the best RC experience?
Old Today, 01:38 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendelac View Post
Future Shop (in Canada) had them for $1249 each not very long ago, maybe 12-18 months or so.
In Canada everything is more expesive.

I paid $375 each in 2012 from vanns and for the time I have been around here I haven't read that someone paid $1,000 US dollars each, I think $600 US.I started to read this site in 2009 and finally joint in 2011 and in those years I haven't read that someone paid $1,000 each.

I think CalgaryCowboy paid $1250 each and replace the speakes for the Veritas V6.3 but he is also from Canada.

Batpig and Afrogt have been here for very long time so they probably know if someone paid $1,000 each.

All I can said is that for $1,000 each there are speakers with a more refined sound like for example Ascend Sierra,Philharmonic,Song towers.

I'm sure that I forgot more speakers in that price range.

how much the RC-70 really worth? well that depends of the listener.

IMO $1,200 a pair is a fair price.

Last edited by losservatore; Today at 04:32 AM.

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50