Forum Jump: 
 85Likes
post #52711 of 52718 Unread Yesterday, 08:32 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 415
RC-70's look to be sold out. They'll get more though but probably not at $279. Most likely $299 which has been the sale price about once a month.

Afro GT
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52712 of 52718 Unread Yesterday, 11:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
RC-70's look to be sold out. They'll get more though but probably not at $279. Most likely $299 which has been the sale price about once a month.
What kind of time frame would you expect on this? I want to buy this set at the current prices, or close, and have them before new years.

Are the R series worth much more than the C series, I can go CF-70s, CB-10, CC-10, and BIC PL-200 for about the same price as the RC setup without a sub.

Last edited by Anthony Sparrow; Yesterday at 12:13 PM.
post #52713 of 52718 Unread Yesterday, 03:51 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
I'm in Canada, so I can't take advantage of the deal at Fry's, but futureshop has the CF-50s on for $400 for the pair.
I got my RC 70s from Futureshop in late April even though online they said they were out of stock. I went to the store and the salesman told me that he can call the warehouse to see if any are available.
Apparently ther is a "secret" list of merchandise still available but not announced because of very limited quantities.
Might be worth a shot ...it worked for me.

On another note ...I think it was somewhere in this thread that someone doubted that a break-in period would change the sound of the RC70's (or any other speaker) but I can testify that my speakers have really opened up compared to when I first got them. The bass is really deeper and probably the mids as well. I hardly ever use my sub anymore as I find the speakers put out a great bass.
post #52714 of 52718 Unread Yesterday, 07:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 37 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by voxx1 View Post
I got my RC 70s from Futureshop in late April even though online they said they were out of stock. I went to the store and the salesman told me that he can call the warehouse to see if any are available.
Apparently ther is a "secret" list of merchandise still available but not announced because of very limited quantities.
Might be worth a shot ...it worked for me.

On another note ...I think it was somewhere in this thread that someone doubted that a break-in period would change the sound of the RC70's (or any other speaker) but I can testify that my speakers have really opened up compared to when I first got them. The bass is really deeper and probably the mids as well. I hardly ever use my sub anymore as I find the speakers put out a great bass.
Not sure who's quote you are replying to, but good advice nonetheless. My local FS has two pairs left for $299 each.
post #52715 of 52718 Unread Yesterday, 07:41 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 286 Post(s)
Liked: 415
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony Sparrow View Post
What kind of time frame would you expect on this? I want to buy this set at the current prices, or close, and have them before new years.

Are the R series worth much more than the C series, I can go CF-70s, CB-10, CC-10, and BIC PL-200 for about the same price as the RC setup without a sub.
They come on sale every month for $299 as I said earlier. I have no inside info on when they make their production runs. On the Fry's site there is a link to notify you when they become available. Try that.
http://www.frys.com/product/7386304

To me the RC series is worth the extra money over the C series without a doubt.

I just put the RC-70s in my shopping cart and they appear to be available again. If you really want them you should jump on it now before they go out of stock.

Afro GT

Last edited by afrogt; Yesterday at 07:47 PM.
post #52716 of 52718 Unread Yesterday, 08:00 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendelac View Post
Not sure who's quote you are replying to, but good advice nonetheless. My local FS has two pairs left for $299 each.
I was referring to AlexMcC ...now there's an instance where I should have used the Quote button ...

I'm sure if they had a buyer in another store they would ship them there. I had to give a deposit before they would ship them, in fact I paid them in full I was so happy.
post #52717 of 52718 Unread Yesterday, 09:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 263 Post(s)
Liked: 324
still in stock

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Captureuytuyt.JPG
Views:	16
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	390705  

Panasonic 65VT60 / Marantz SR7005 / Marantz UD7007 /2 PSA XS30 /Revel Performa3 F206 / Revel Performa3 C205 / Revel Surrounds/Sonos Connect/ Roku 3 / Amazon Fire tv / Xbox One / HTPC / Darbee 5000 /Sonos for bedrooms,kitchen,bathroom/Master bedroom Sonos sound bar/Sonos sub and Sonos surrounds.
post #52718 of 52718 Unread Yesterday, 10:06 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1129 Post(s)
Liked: 1576
Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post
Batpig and Afrogt have been here for very long time so they probably know if someone paid $1,000 each.

All I can said is that for $1,000 each there are speakers with a more refined sound like for example Ascend Sierra,Philharmonic,Song towers.
Remember that the RC-70's came out in 2005, so these are almost 10 year old models now. At that point some of these other options weren't even available. And especially considering their gorgeous real wood rosenut/cherry veneers (now long gone sadly). At the time they were considered a bargain even at msrp, and compared favorably with speakes costing quite a bit more.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50