Energy Owners Thread - Page 1760 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 85Likes

Old 12-16-2014, 05:13 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Just pulled the trigger of a set of CB-20s new in box for 150 buckaroos.! Cant wait to listen to em.

HT: 2xRC-70s, 2xRC-50s, RC-LCR, 2xRC-R, Encore8 sub, S8.3 sub

Music: 2xRC-70s

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2014, 07:56 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Where'd you find those for that price? Nice score!
Old 12-16-2014, 08:18 PM

I got lucky and won an auction. YEAH!
I have a set of RC-Rs that I don't use right now and instead use a pair of CB-10s as rears. I have RC-50s as sides. I think im going to try the CB-20s out as rears for a little while and see if I notice a difference in the low end. If not a real difference than off to the office they go for simple 2 channel listening.

Old 12-16-2014, 08:27 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1197 Post(s)
Liked: 1611
If you want to sell those RC-Rs they will go in a flash. Very hot commodity since they aren't being produced anymore, but lots of people snagging 70s and 10s at Frys.
Old 12-16-2014, 08:52 PM

I think I'll hold onto those RC-Rs. lol. The eBay sets were going for way to much. I think I remember some knucklehead gouging a set for 700 bucks! what!. I got lucky and this set of RC-Rs popped up so I jumped on them quick. I drove 2 hours to pick those and the RC-50s up from a gentleman on Craigslist for a smokin deal because a tweeter went south on his RC-50. I replaced the tweet and and all is good in the world.
The only ones I haven't had the pleasure of comparing are the RC-30s and the RC-10s.

Hmmm.. CB-20s vs RC-10s? anyone have experience with both.

Old 12-16-2014, 09:02 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by ygrene321 View Post
i think i'll hold onto those rc-rs. Lol. The ebay sets were going for way to much. I think i remember some knucklehead gouging a set for 700 bucks!
lol! He is an avs member and as I recall was listing for over $1000 at one point.

Last edited by brendelac; 12-16-2014 at 09:08 PM.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

If you think $700 is bad he was originally trying to get $1200. Got so much flak in this thread that he said FU and stopped posting here.

I understand the desire to hang onto them. I have a pair of C-R3 (immediate predecessor to the RC-R) that I got dirt cheap off Craigslist that have been sitting in my garage for a year. No use for them now but I will hopefully move to a larger house soon and intend to utilize them as surrounds at some point.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by brendelac View Post
lol! He is an avs member.
Oops..i don't mean to offend anyone. I love AVS forum.

By the way I don't use the RC-Rs right now because there are shelves up and they're in the way. I used them for like a minute and loved them. I hope to one day move the set up into a more dedicated space.

Old Yesterday, 01:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Batpig, I didn't exactly stop posting..nice of us to reminance on the past though. I too was fortunate to most recently pick up 4 nib rc-6cs for Atmos from SC.

To be completely fair I hesitated to see if someone else would notice them. Lol

Old Yesterday, 06:44 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Holy moly. $75 each with free shipping. Quite the score. I don't watch eBay that tightly but it seems like it's only the crummy EAS versions all the time.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
Old Yesterday, 06:46 AM
AVS Special Member

Nib is what did it for me... I didn't get any samples of popcorn ceiling included lol. Also recently picked up a v 5.2c black for around 250 with cash back. To replace the one that had a corner mash after it fell 23 inches to the ground Off stand. Give /take. Moving mashed v5.2x to center to give me lcr and likely parting with the v mini c I that was on dialog duty beforehand. Sonically nothing wrong with mashed lcr... just corner asthetically not pleasing. Ahhhh the RCs are in storage awaiting a new owner someday. I it on a complete veritas 2.3i 2.0ri 2.0i set up last year kept in ac controlled storage with another s10.3. Near mint con. All boxes manuals spikes etc. So the RCs for the time are disconnected.

Last edited by nc88keyz; Yesterday at 06:57 AM.
Old Yesterday, 07:01 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Figures... I have been watching like crazy for these to possibly pop up and I had the RC-6C as the keyword in one of my followed searches, but inexplicably I had the search term with the dash after the RC, so I didn't get notification of this listing that didn't have the dash! Extremely aggravating!
Old Yesterday, 07:11 AM
AVS Special Member

I do feel your pain. If it makes you feel any better the last rc-8cs that showed up were over a year half ago for around 280 pair also new. After speaking with guy on phone due to payment snafu ...I clicked wrong payment source .. we talked a little he bought 12 for his home theater and only used 8. Wife asked him to sell off the remaining four he had for a couple years all came from crut hfield. I remember when they closed em out around 79 ea. So I was more than happy to pay 300 ahipped across the state line. I did offer 10 less for each via msg before finalizing ... there was about an hour or so I waiting for response. Figured I could maybe get a small break since they were listed as individual qty 4. And seller would save on shipping. I'm likely going to hold out till the next wave of denon come out in 2015 to go to atmos. The 4311ci is keeping me satisfied for now but I'm ready for the next big thing I suppose. Cheers. I think I had both rc6-c and rc-6c as tags .... very rare indeed. Also try energy and enegy..veritas and veritis for spelling snafus ...it really does work and people continue to mispell those brand names... what can you do.

Old Today, 02:24 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Anyone else playing fry's wheel of fortune?

Got my third damaged Rc-70 (second replacement) today.
whooeee this is fun...

They won't double box. Their solution was to tell me to call UPS and ask them to put fragile stickers on it. I did, and UPS said they don't do that.

Going to try to push them to give me 50% refund at this point.
Old Today, 06:00 PM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrustbucket View Post
Anyone else playing fry's wheel of fortune?

Got my third damaged Rc-70 (second replacement) today.
whooeee this is fun...

They won't double box. Their solution was to tell me to call UPS and ask them to put fragile stickers on it. I did, and UPS said they don't do that.

Going to try to push them to give me 50% refund at this point.
Best of luck to you. I had my father in law in Vegas pick me up a pair of rc-70. And both were damaged in the back right corner. But their was no damage to the box. I had my father in law return it. And ended up with a good pair.

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50