Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1213 Post(s)
Liked: 1617
Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
I just can't believe Frys would rather send speaker after speaker and end up with damaged returned inventory than simply correct the problem. Unbelievable.
This is the same problem when they were shipped from Vanns a few years ago. The RC-10's and RC LCR are packed very well with two pieces of thick foam covering the speakers and no damage likely to happen. The RC-70's have separate foam pieces in the top and bottom corners and a long pieces of thin foam to cover the sides. That's fine for shipping to a warehouse in bulk like Fry's but not for individual box shipping for residential deliveries.
Yeah I know it's the same problem. And it's just as stupid now as it was then when people were posting the same complaints about damaged towers and refusal to double box from Vanns.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #52802 of 52811 Old 12-19-2014, 09:13 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Not to nitpick but it's the C-R3 not the R1 that is the precursor to the RC-R. The R1 is a basic 2-way bipolar with a single woofer and dual opposing tweeters. More like the recent CR-10 (although with the higher quality drivers of the older Connoisseur line). The R3 inherited the trickle down tech of the Veritas V2.0R with the three way design (dual opposing mids with front firing woofer+tweeter) and sound field management with the ability to configure bipole vs dipole and also change the volume of the side firing mids (with the option of even turning them off for full monopole operation).

But I'm sure they are still nice. Just not quite that close to the RC-R.
I saw your post from a while back that said as much. So that was my expectation going in. I figure for $100 that it's a worthwhile experiment. Though, if it's a big improvement over the RC-10s, I might really start jonesin for some Rs. Haha
post #52803 of 52811 Old 12-19-2014, 10:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 310 Post(s)
Liked: 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by thrustbucket View Post
Anyone else playing fry's wheel of fortune?

Got my third damaged Rc-70 (second replacement) today.
whooeee this is fun...

They won't double box. Their solution was to tell me to call UPS and ask them to put fragile stickers on it. I did, and UPS said they don't do that.

Going to try to push them to give me 50% refund at this point.
you are not alone my previews towers speakers the Veritas and RC were returned twice, they beat up the speakers, is just ridiculous and the worst part is that we are in Christmas.

Last edited by losservatore; 12-20-2014 at 11:56 PM.
post #52804 of 52811 Old 12-20-2014, 09:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 332 Post(s)
Liked: 429
[quote]Not to nitpick but it's the C-R3 not the R1 that is the precursor to the RC-R. The R1 is a basic 2-way bipolar with a single woofer and dual opposing tweeters.[\quote]

You're totally right Batpig, my mistake. It was the C-R3, not the R1. Thanks for the correction.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Energy CR-3.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	7.5 KB
ID:	432362   Click image for larger version

Name:	Energy C-R3 black.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	16.6 KB
ID:	432378  

Afro GT

Last edited by afrogt; 12-20-2014 at 09:11 AM.
post #52805 of 52811 Old 12-20-2014, 09:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 15
[quote=afrogt;30081978]
Quote:
Not to nitpick but it's the C-R3 not the R1 that is the precursor to the RC-R. The R1 is a basic 2-way bipolar with a single woofer and dual opposing tweeters.[\quote]

You're totally right Batpig, my mistake. It was the C-R3, not the R1. Thanks for the correction.
http://*******/NouUWa

Walk please, don't run. Not a bad price at all for some RC-Minis in cherry!

Don't have to fight for them, Its Buy It Now, and its for the pair

post #52806 of 52811 Old 12-22-2014, 02:02 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
This is a good price on a pair of rc-50's in the St. Louis area. Although, they sure look like 30's in the pic.

https://stlouis.craigslist.org/ele/4798217796.html
post #52807 of 52811 Old 12-24-2014, 07:06 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Looking to buy 2 pairs of atmos ceiling speaker, is veritas v-mini or cb-10 a good choices?
post #52808 of 52811 Old 12-25-2014, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwong888 View Post
Looking to buy 2 pairs of atmos ceiling speaker, is veritas v-mini or cb-10 a good choices?
It may just depend on how you really want to mount them/or how high your ceiling is...

The V-mini's has a nice, very small unobtrusive form factor, but the included mounts are really only designed for the walls.. not for ceilings.... and most likely will cost you much more than the CB series of speakers..

The CB-10s are much, much larger and can be either wall or ceiling mounted using the relatively easy to get Omnimount 10.0 , but will really take up a lot more room which may not be as much of an issue if you are only planning to wall mount or you have very high ceilings...

Probably a more equivalent model to the V-mini would actually be the CB-5. These are still easy to find at quite reasonable prices and also use the Omnimount 10.0's. And while still being slightly bigger than the V-minis, they would be much more unobtrusive as compared to the CB-10s.

I happen to have a pair of CB-5s in great condition available for sale in the classifieds here. If you are interested...Just drop me a PM.
post #52809 of 52811 Old 12-26-2014, 09:31 PM

Liked: 0
Phase Plug Stability

First of all, thank you for the abundance of information on this forum. It has been very helpful already. I have questions regarding the phase plug/ pole piece you may be able to help me with.

In the Energy RC LCR, how is the phase plug attached to the rest of the driver? If the phase plug were pushed or bumped, how likely would damage be caused to the speaker?

If the phase plug is centered in the vent and shows no sign of bending or denting, is it safe to assume no damage has been caused by contact with the phase plug?
post #52810 of 52811 Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Quoted: 1213 Post(s)
Liked: 1617
I haven't disassembled it but I would imagine the phase plug pole is integral with the heavy metal basket / magnet structure at the back of the driver. The actual woofer basket moves freely up and down along the pole so it's not connected to the soft parts (the diaphram and spider). I have to imagine it would be tough to damage it, certainly not from an accidental bump or just touching it.

Last edited by batpig; Yesterday at 11:31 AM.
post #52811 of 52811 Old Today, 07:58 AM

Liked: 0
I currently own the Veritas 6.2, V5.2C and V Minis (although the minis are currently boxed up for relocation reasons). I'm looking for a good set of dedicated side surrounds. Would the RC 10's be a timber match? Is there something else that may be better? The comparable Energy V5.1 bookshelves are nowhere to be found. Thanks in advance, guys!
Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50