post #53041 of 53043 Unread Yesterday, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by derek51 View Post
PoshFrosh,

FWIW, Here's my 3 RC-LCR's behind an acoustically transparent screen.
Have you heard / owned the RC-10? Is there a large difference in sound quality when compared to the RC-LCR with their separate midrange drivers vs the 2-way RC-10?

Better to have and not need, than to need and not have
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #53042 of 53043 Unread Today, 07:47 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PoshFrosh View Post
Wow! I had no idea the grills would have so much of an effect. Makes me think about running without them. I'd have to go all the way one way or the other though, because I'd want to run Audyssey without the grills if I were going to do all my listening with them removed.

Do you think Audyssey could reasonably "correct" the effect the grills are having? Do you or anyone else have a comparison with an Audyssey-calibrated line added to the same graph you posted?

I guess, as you said, if it sounds good to me, then I should just continue to enjoy my setup.

My next project is: I finally picked up an RC-LCR (when they were $219 recently) and I'm going to experiment with swapping it in and out for the RC70 I currently use (vertically) as a center.
wow good to know. I'm going to take the grills out and see how everything sounds! I have a quick question tho, I have a 7.1 system all RC-10's with RC-LCR center. I have an onkyo TX-SR605 and an ED A2-300 sub (RIP ED). I am very happy with the sound but now that I have been seeing the RC-70 going cheap at FRY's I was wondering if there is any real difference in upgrading the fronts to RC-70. Also, will I get any benefit in upgrading the receiver to something newer? more output? Thanks in advance guys
post #53043 of 53043 Unread Today, 09:34 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Public Service Announcement

There is a subwoofer group buy in the DIY section for the UXL-18 driver for $400usd shipped. All said and done, it will cost about $900-$1200 (driver/cabinet/amp) with a few variables and does require some DIY as you will need to either cut and build the cabinet yourself (instructions are all there) or purchase a flat pack and assemble yourself. The most commonly used amp is the behringer inuke 3000 or 6000 with DSP.

UXL Group Buy-The Sequel
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50