post #53281 of 53285 Unread Today, 02:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1451 Post(s)
Liked: 1768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindros88 View Post
I don't know if I'm posting this in the right place, but I've partially upgraded my Energy Take Classic 5.1 system and I had a question. I replaced the center speaker with a Polk Audio CS2 and replaced the two front speakers with a pair of Polk Monitor70's. This is being hooked up to the Denon 1612. My question is, will the CS2 and Monitor70's completely overpower the energy rear speakers? Will I have to upgrade my rear speakers as well?
Probably not but easy enough to just try it and see if you are happy with the sound.

When you recalibrate your receiver with the new speakers Audyssey will set levels and delays so no speaker will be louder than any other. And the receiver allows different crossovers for different speakers so the lesser bass capability of the Takes will be accounted for.

Bottom line -- try it for yourself before spending more money.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #53282 of 53285 Unread Today, 03:21 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Probably not but easy enough to just try it and see if you are happy with the sound.

When you recalibrate your receiver with the new speakers Audyssey will set levels and delays so no speaker will be louder than any other. And the receiver allows different crossovers for different speakers so the lesser bass capability of the Takes will be accounted for.

Bottom line -- try it for yourself before spending more money.
Thanks for the answer.
post #53283 of 53285 Unread Today, 04:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1451 Post(s)
Liked: 1768
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rgdeuce View Post
God. I really really really want these at this price. My current setup is rc-10s for fronts, RC-lcr center, and CB-10s as surrounds. I also have two svs pb12-nsd on sub duty. Room is about 5000-5500 cubic feet. I'm about 80/20 movies and regular tv to music. I listen to music in two channel stereo w the subs working.

Taking into account room size and my two subs, would this be a significant upgrade my my rc-10s? The 10s would get sold or saved for another room down the road, just too big for surrounds (waf).

Money really isn't an issue, but i told my wife a while ago I was done after she let me get my second sub. So....you can kind of see what I am looking at here.
I'm confused -- you can use CB-10's for surrounds but the RC-10's are too big? They are basically the same size.

Or is that a type and you meant CR-10's?

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #53284 of 53285 Unread Today, 06:11 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I couldn't bring myself to take the RC-70 speakers back so I decided to keep them.

Just for the picture, I've got one RC-10 on a 28" Pangea metal speaker stand on the left, the RC-LCR in the middle, and the RC-70 on the right.

I have 2 different receivers, one is a vintage Technics SA-500 and the other is a Harman Kardon AVR 340. The funny thing is, both receivers put out the Dane power (in real watts). The Technics puts out 55 x 2 @ 8 ohms and the HK puts out 55 x 3 (or 5, or 7).

I'm debating if I should pick up a newer AVR that has HDMI inputs & outputs.

I like the sound through the Technics but I'm wondering which modern day manufacturer would be the equivalent of the Technics.

Any suggestions as to what pairs well with the Energy RC series?

losservatore likes this.

Panasonic Viera TH-50PZ800U, Panasonic DMP-BDT220, Roku Streaming Stick, Technics SA-500 Receiver (1978), Slim Devices SB3 (Boulder Cable MOD) w/ CIA VAC-1 PS, Griffin AirDock (iPod), Energy RC-10, Pangea 28" Speaker Stands, Nintendo Wii, (2)Panamax MAX500 DBS, Z-Line Designs Elecktra.
[/FONT]
post #53285 of 53285 Unread Today, 09:19 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 10
How would I know if I blew the crossover in my speakers? I have a pair of RC-30 speakers and had an issue with my receiver where it randomly played a loud sound (high in pitch). My tweeters and woofer seem ok, but I wanted to know the signs of a blown crossover.

Family Room Setup: RBH MC-6C Fronts, RBH MC-414C Center, RBH MC-6C Surrounds, RBH TS-10AP Subwoofer, Denon X3000
Basement Setup: Energy RC-30 Fronts, Energy RC-LCR Center, Energy RC-Mini Surrounds, HSU VTF-1 Subwoofer, Denon 2313ci
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50