Energy Owners Thread - Page 1778 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 140Likes
post #53311 of 53317 Old Yesterday, 01:57 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Are the Rc-10's in the email ad? I looked and didn't see them. Or was it in the Sunday paper ad?

Edit.... found them on their site. I assume no promo code is needed then.

60" Panasonic Plasma ~ BenQ HT1075 / 92" fixed Dragonfly Screen ~ Parasound Halo C2 Pre/Pro
Earthquake Sound Cinenova Grande Amplifier ~ Crown X1000 ~ Oppo BDP-103
Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista Tube DAC ~ Monster Cable Signature Series HTPS7000
Energy Veritas 2.2i (mains) & Veritas 2.0c (center) ~ Energy RC-70 (side surrounds)
CAT Tiburons(rear surr) ~ Sub... custom 15" Diamond Audio Technology ~ Xbox One

Last edited by Iron Maiden; Yesterday at 02:07 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #53312 of 53317 Old Yesterday, 03:35 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
Are the Rc-10's in the email ad? I looked and didn't see them. Or was it in the Sunday paper ad?

Yup, none needed. They seem to go on sale very regularly.
post #53313 of 53317 Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Have a chance to pick up a B&K Ref 7250 Series II amp for $450, currently driving my RC-70's plus RC-LCR, Polk FXiA6 surround 5.1 system with the Denon 4520 receiver.
I'm happy with the way they sound but wanted to know thoughts on any improvements an ext amp would have if any?
The B&K is a big amp, 87lbs and rated at 200W/ch at .09% THD at 1Khz 8ohms.
post #53314 of 53317 Old Yesterday, 05:38 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 11 Post(s)
Quoted: 1457 Post(s)
Liked: 1769
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
Have a chance to pick up a B&K Ref 7250 Series II amp for $450, currently driving my RC-70's plus RC-LCR, Polk FXiA6 surround 5.1 system with the Denon 4520 receiver.
I'm happy with the way they sound but wanted to know thoughts on any improvements an ext amp would have if any?
The B&K is a big amp, 87lbs and rated at 200W/ch at .09% THD at 1Khz 8ohms.
The 4520 is a pretty powerful receiver and you are only using 5 of its 9 amps. With only 5ch driven it should be able to easily put out 120+ w/ch (and since all channels aren't driven constantly with real content it's going to be more than that). And the RCs are fairly easy to drive.

The real question is how loud you listen? For a living room type setup where you only get moderately loud -- say no higher than 15-20 dB below reference -- you likely won't see any benefit. If you are trying to play really loud and especially in a bigger room you may be able to eke out a bit more clean headroom and dynamics.
laserjock II likes this.
post #53315 of 53317 Unread Yesterday, 09:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
Have a chance to pick up a B&K Ref 7250 Series II amp for $450, currently driving my RC-70's plus RC-LCR, Polk FXiA6 surround 5.1 system with the Denon 4520 receiver
B&K Reference Series amp's are good, period (as long as it's in good shape). I think the 200WPC power rating is perfect for the front-surround (RC-70's and RC-LCR). It could provide a solid power-base for your system, especially if you upgrade components (speakers, receiver or pre-pro) down the line. To me, it's the way to go these days.
laserjock II likes this.
post #53316 of 53317 Unread Yesterday, 09:51 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

the -70s and LCRs were also on sale for $279 and $219 respectively. after some longggg back and forth thinking, I returned one of the set -10s that I had picked up and picked up two more LCRs for the stage. I was going to go the way of the -70s, but decided I really didn't want floor standing speakers at the current time. that's why I passed on the $249 deal just yesterday. when I clicked to see the if the LCR just might be on sale, my mind was made up for me.

the sales people usually don't know a lot more than I do (as little as that may be), but the person who returned the -10s was a big energy fan and liked my swap. conversely, the person who went to the warehouse to get the LCRs for me asked if I was sure I wanted them and that I'd be more satisified w/ a bose system =)

thesharkman
post #53317 of 53317 Unread Today, 04:08 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
The 4520 is a pretty powerful receiver and you are only using 5 of its 9 amps. With only 5ch driven it should be able to easily put out 120+ w/ch (and since all channels aren't driven constantly with real content it's going to be more than that). And the RCs are fairly easy to drive.

The real question is how loud you listen? For a living room type setup where you only get moderately loud -- say no higher than 15-20 dB below reference -- you likely won't see any benefit. If you are trying to play really loud and especially in a bigger room you may be able to eke out a bit more clean headroom and dynamics.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD View Post
B&K Reference Series amp's are good, period (as long as it's in good shape). I think the 200WPC power rating is perfect for the front-surround (RC-70's and RC-LCR). It could provide a solid power-base for your system, especially if you upgrade components (speakers, receiver or pre-pro) down the line. To me, it's the way to go these days.
Thanks for the input fellas.
Probably picking it up today.
I know I probably don't really need it but I guess it's a pretty good deal.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page