post #53491 of 53507 Unread Yesterday, 10:17 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 163 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by airgas1998 View Post
never believed in this either, but for some reason the rc series seems to defy this. these were my only speakers that i've noticed an "improvement" on once the hours were tacked on. it seems others have come to the same conclusion.
Stiff cones and tight rubber. I do believe they get better.
I've heard it in car speakers as well.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #53492 of 53507 Unread Yesterday, 10:52 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagarr View Post
I have NO doubt they will be fantastic (like my RC30's) once broken in. After measuring the speakers themselves, I am wondering if they will be too big or simply too much for the room. It will be approximately 15x16.5 ft with a scaled ceiling 9.9ft down to 8ft.

Is there such a thing as too big? LOL

Call me silly, but I had to ask. I also have a buttkicker and may forego a dedicated sub for a while to see of the RC70s can bridge the gap.

Thanks Batpig.

Brian
I was hoping for a little feedback on the room size for the new RC70's. My current RC30's will likely stay in the house (to be sold) and the new home has a 15X16.5ft media room with with a scaled ceiling 9.9ft down to 8ft in the front. Are the RC70's too much for this small room?

Thanks
Brian

3 RC-30 across the front
2 CB10 in the rear.
Tempest 15"sub
post #53493 of 53507 Unread Yesterday, 11:34 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendelac View Post
Or give them more of your business by buying the the matching RC10s and RCLCR.

I will definitely order an RC-LCR for the center channel when Frys runs a sale on them again at that $220 mark. Hoping that won't be too long. I have some Atlantic Technology speakers for center/rears that are will do fine in the meantime.......... I may not replace the rears.
post #53494 of 53507 Unread Yesterday, 03:11 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Looks like i may be getting a pair of v2.8s in a couple of weeks! If all goes well ill post my thoughts and how they compare to the other towers I've had or have (v6.3/2.4i). I briefly heard the rc series but never owned any (except for pair of rc-r) as i always preferred veritas...just my taste

Last edited by zdoggz; Yesterday at 03:15 PM.
post #53495 of 53507 Unread Yesterday, 04:00 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoggz View Post
Looks like i may be getting a pair of v2.8s in a couple of weeks! If all goes well ill post my thoughts and how they compare to the other towers I've had or have (v6.3/2.4i). I briefly heard the rc series but never owned any (except for pair of rc-r) as i always preferred veritas...just my taste
Wow. Good luck!
post #53496 of 53507 Unread Yesterday, 05:19 PM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Thanks. I hope it works out. Here is a pic of them. Look pretty nice!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	v2.8-front.jpg
Views:	41
Size:	59.1 KB
ID:	632737  
post #53497 of 53507 Unread Yesterday, 06:58 PM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoggz View Post
Thanks. I hope it works out. Here is a pic of them. Look pretty nice!
Lucky Dawg!!! I would be happy to find some 2.4i's at a decent price. Would love to have a full matching Veritas I series setup. At least for the front stage.

60" Panasonic Plasma ~ BenQ HT1075 / 92" fixed Dragonfly Screen ~Onkyo TX-NR3008 as my Pre/Pro
Earthquake Sound Cinenova Grande Amplifier ~ Crown X1000 ~ Oppo BDP-103
Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista Tube DAC ~ Monster Cable Signature Series HTPS7000
Energy Veritas 2.2i (mains) & Veritas 2.0c (center) ~ Energy RC-70 (side surrounds)
CAT Tiburons(rear surr) ~ Sub... custom 15" Diamond Audio Technology ~ Xbox One
post #53498 of 53507 Unread Today, 06:06 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 14
No more Future Shop means the end of Energy in Canada? I'm gonna be on the hunt if theres going to be a blowout of FS stock.

Fronts: Energy Veritas V51
Front Height: Energy V-Mini
Center: Energy Veritas V52
Surround: Energy RC-R's
Sub: Energy ESW-CS8
Reciever: Onkyo TX-NR3008
TV: Panasonic TC-P65VT30

post #53499 of 53507 Unread Today, 06:07 AM

New Energy Owner

I recently became a member of the Energy owners club. I am in the process of a slow build out of a new home theater setup. At present it is a combination of new equipment and whatever spare equipment I have on hand. The front L/R speakers were my first purchase for new audio equipment. I went to the local BB to check out and possibly purchase the Klipsch R-28F or R-26F towers since Klipsch seems to be popular with the home theater crowd and they were sale at 50% off. Long story short, one of the guys in the Magnolia section offered me deal on pair of CF-70 towers for $50 more than a pair of R-28F towers. I took them home and they survived the 30 day return period. Next up was the center channel. I went back the BB recently to see if they could get me a deal on the CC-10. The price they gave me was the same as the on sale price for a RC-LCR at Fry's. Since the RC-LCR is a better speaker for the same price I went and got the RC-LCR instead. I received the RC-LCR a few days ago and even though it not yet broken in, I am very pleased with it.

My next target is the L/R surround speakers. My surround speakers mount to a wall that people need to be able to walk along so I am looking at compact speakers that have small depth or something that I would feel comfortable mounting higher up on the wall to help avoid people bumping into the speaker as they walk by. This eliminates most bookshelf type speakers as a possibility. About the only thing in the Energy lineup that I am considering is the CR-10 which is for use as a rear channel speaker. The CR-10 does angle down when flush mounted so I would be comfortable mounting it higher for better clearance and it would still be directed at the listening position. Other speakers that I am considering are the Def Tech Mythos Gem, Mythos Gem XL, Mythos XTR-20BP, ProMonitor 800, and the Martin Login Motion 2.

Any opinions on using the CR-10 as L/R surround speakers? Or any of the other speakers that I mentioned?
post #53500 of 53507 Unread Today, 08:48 AM

Quoted: 147 Post(s)
Liked: 34
How much were the CF-70's? Did you consider the RC-70's at Frys?
As far as surrounds, maybe find some used RC-Rs or something like that.

60" Panasonic Plasma ~ BenQ HT1075 / 92" fixed Dragonfly Screen ~Onkyo TX-NR3008 as my Pre/Pro
Earthquake Sound Cinenova Grande Amplifier ~ Crown X1000 ~ Oppo BDP-103
Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista Tube DAC ~ Monster Cable Signature Series HTPS7000
Energy Veritas 2.2i (mains) & Veritas 2.0c (center) ~ Energy RC-70 (side surrounds)
CAT Tiburons(rear surr) ~ Sub... custom 15" Diamond Audio Technology ~ Xbox One
post #53501 of 53507 Unread Today, 08:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by OmegaR3D View Post
No more Future Shop means the end of Energy in Canada? I'm gonna be on the hunt if theres going to be a blowout of FS stock.
They only Energy line that Future Shop was still selling was the connoisseur series. I'd imagine if FS was turning a profit on them that BB would continue on the same path. Even if they do decide to pull the plug, they'll have to do something with current stock so possibly some clearance pricing when they re-open their doors on the 4th.
post #53502 of 53507 Unread Today, 10:28 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysrivastava View Post
Thanks @batpig and @Aarghon .

So i tried following options:
1. Set RC-70 (Front) as Large and SUB Set as PLUS (Double BASS where receiver is duplicating the BASE to SUB)

2. Set RC-70 (Front) as Small and SUB Set as YES

With the both cases i tried the X Over Frequency is set to 50Hz, 80Hz and 100Hz.

But still same issue.
Thanks Guys, it worked now. I needed to restart the Receiver to apply the changes and now its working fine.
post #53503 of 53507 Unread Today, 11:01 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandysrivastava View Post
Thanks Guys, it worked now. I needed to restart the Receiver to apply the changes and now its working fine.
Well, how does it sound?
post #53504 of 53507 Unread Today, 11:47 AM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
Well, how does it sound?
Did you mean Overall Sound RC-70 + SUB or RC-70 Sound only?

Overall Sound RC-70 with SUB is better than RC-70 sound only.

The RC-70 sound is clear, nice to ear and doesn't sound harsh which makes it easy for long listening hours.
post #53505 of 53507 Unread Today, 12:25 PM

The CF-70s were $500 for the pair. Honestly, I knew nothing about Energy speakers until I bought the CF-70s. I had not considered the RC-70, but the after I got the RC-LCR I might consider replacing the CF-70s at the Fry's sale price. I'm not complaining about the CF-70 at the moment though.

As for the RC-R or the V-S, I think they are NLA new, so I would have to find a used pair. For the size of those speakers I would want to mount them ~7ft high on the wall to get them up and out of the way. I suppose I could fab a mount to angle them down a bit while keeping them close to a flush mount.
post #53506 of 53507 Unread Today, 12:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chain001 View Post
The CF-70s were $500 for the pair. Honestly, I knew nothing about Energy speakers until I bought the CF-70s. I had not considered the RC-70, but the after I got the RC-LCR I might consider replacing the CF-70s at the Fry's sale price. I'm not complaining about the CF-70 at the moment though.

As for the RC-R or the V-S, I think they are NLA new, so I would have to find a used pair. For the size of those speakers I would want to mount them ~7ft high on the wall to get them up and out of the way. I suppose I could fab a mount to angle them down a bit while keeping them close to a flush mount.
Suggestion?
Not Energy but if you sign up on the Polk Audio website you can get a 50% off code and grab a pair of FXiA6 or FXiA4's.
Nice bipole/dipole soeakers and mount flush. 7' high would be good also.
post #53507 of 53507 Unread Today, 03:28 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
Suggestion?
Not Energy but if you sign up on the Polk Audio website you can get a 50% off code and grab a pair of FXiA6 or FXiA4's.
Nice bipole/dipole soeakers and mount flush. 7' high would be good also.
What are people's feelings on the Fluance surrounds? http://www.amazon.com/Fluance-XLBP-D.../ref=pd_cp_e_2
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page