157Likes
post #53521 of 53526 Unread Today, 12:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post
I had this speakers ,saying that your car factory speakers produce more bass is an exaggeration ,I dont know what receiver do you use or what are your receiver settings but this speakers produce plenty of mid bass to feel on your chest,now if you have a living room with lots of open areas that can be a problem even for a sub.

I believe in this speakers break in ,they get loose over time and sound better . the material of the driver is very stiff so give it a time.
Yeah my two in "straight" mode produce plenty of bass. So much so that I have to turn them down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by voxx1 View Post
I have those speakers in the mahogany finish and I am very pleased with them. I have mine set to large as I don't always use my sub and I'm surprised at the bass they can put out, You really can't go wrong with the price and the return policy.
Fluance speakers are perhaps one of the best kept secrets.. pity that most stores that offer them don't have any demo in stock. I would really like to hear their top of the line towers . http://fluance.com/product/XL7F_High...ers.eng-7.html
Do you use them as fronts? I was thinking of using them as rears with my RC-70's. Wow I didn't realize they made towers, those things have 8" woofers on the bottom. Interesting
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #53522 of 53526 Unread Today, 12:26 PM

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I am using them as rear surrounds in a 5:1 setup with the RC 70's in front.
I was seriously thinking of getting those Fluance towers before finding out about the RC 70's which I got on sale at just a bit more than the flunace. I read some reviews of the fluance and they were quite favorable but not as numerous as the glowing reviews for the RC 70's I found here. Another deciding factor was not being able to hear them in person as every place that sold never kept any in stock ...order only. No instant gratification.
post #53523 of 53526 Unread Today, 12:27 PM

Cool, I'm definitely considering those for rears.
post #53524 of 53526 Unread Today, 12:30 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 172 Post(s)
Liked: 79
Quote:
I am using them as rear surrounds in a 5:1 setup with the RC 70's in front.
I was seriously thinking of getting those Fluance towers before finding out about the RC 70's which I got on sale at just a bit more than the flunace. I read some reviews of the fluance and they were quite favorable but not as numerous as the glowing reviews for the RC 70's I found here. Another deciding factor was not being able to hear them in person as every place that sold never kept any in stock ...order only. No instant gratification.
I think y'all are talking about two different pairs of speakers?
The towers vs the surround
post #53525 of 53526 Unread Today, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
I think y'all are talking about two different pairs of speakers?
The towers vs the surround
No we are both talking about using the Fluance surrounds in the backs. He mentioned the towers, and also about maybe buying them for his fronts.

At first I thought he may have been using the fluance surrounds as fronts, as he said he has them set as "large". I usually always leave my rears as "small"
post #53526 of 53526 Unread Today, 12:50 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 141 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
I always use the round minty ones ,,,
If the hole/screw is bigger you can also use a wooden shish-kabob skewer.
This trick is a life saver ....
Thanks but now I'm scared to use this method because someone else had said this could potentially cause the MDF cabinet to expand and crack
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page