Energy Owners Thread - Page 1791 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 177Likes
post #53701 of 53707 Old Yesterday, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 598 Post(s)
Liked: 489
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
The RC's were great. Did a lot better than my Veritas. But the tweeters give me ear fatigue.
that's very weird RC tweeter are not fatiguing at all.

Nobody here will agree with that description about the RC.

Living Room:Panasonic 65"VT60 / Marantz SR7005 / Marantz UD7007 / 2 PSA XS30 / Revel Performa3 F206 / Revel Performa3 C205 / Revel Surrounds / Sonos Connect / Roku3 /Amazon Fire tv / Xbox One / PS4 / HTPC / Darbee 5000 / Sonos Play:1 for bedrooms,kitchen,bathrooms / Master Bedroom: Panasonic 55"VT60 / Sonos Sound Bar / Sonos Sub and Sonos Play 1 Surrounds/Vizio LED in 3 Bedrooms and Dining Room.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #53702 of 53707 Old Yesterday, 05:17 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Compact Bedroom System...?

This is a slightly different post from me, as I'm typically asking about larger speakers...

I'm looking for a relatively small / compact bedroom system, as I've finally got around to mounting a TV in there. I had been using some Logitech Z5500 speakers in there up until now, but since they would be a bit odd to use with a receiver (logitech system is self-powered and needs an optical feed for surround), I'd prefer to use a system that can be plugged directly into my smaller Yamaha HDMI receiver, which has been unused as of late.

Is there any good recommendations within the Energy -- or non-Energy -- lines that might be recommended? From what

I've read on here, the take classic 5.1 set sounds decent for the cost, and there's the spinoff Monoprice version of it (I'd need a link to that though, to know which it is)...but beyond that, I don't really know what to look for. I'm not looking to spend a fortune, but would like it to sound at least decently good. Built-in wall mounting capabilities would be the main requirement I can really think of. I know a budget would be helpful, but I don't know how much to expect from a given price range for speakers of that sort.

Thankfully the Logitech Z5500's seem to have somewhat of a cult-following in the PC-user world these days, so I may be able to sell them via Craigslist or (less preferably) eBay for a decent price & make back most (or surpass) my costs.

Suggestions very welcome!
post #53703 of 53707 Old Yesterday, 05:21 PM

Quoted: 19 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by losservatore View Post

While I haven't heard them myself, that's very true -- not something I've ever really read described in regard to the RC-70's on here. I will say though, that the 2.2i's are very, very smooth in not fatiguing my ears...whereas all the other (decently good) Energy speakers I've owned over time (5.1e's, C-8's, APS 5+2's) did start to fatigue me over time. I think if you split the difference between those and the 2.2i's, perhaps that'd be somewhere where the RC-70's would fall tweeter-wise (though I'd guess closer to the 2.2i's than the C-8's, etc).

So perhaps there is a bit of a difference, but something we'd only be able to really notice from someone who has owned both?

Pure speculation on my part...
Iron Maiden likes this.
post #53704 of 53707 Old Yesterday, 09:39 PM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 162 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Live with the Veritas i series for 10+ years and then switch to the RCs. Then judge my opinion. Key word, opinion. To me, they are. But that is compared to my Veritas, with my ears. I'm so used to the 2.2i's that switching to the RC70's was very noticeable. Positive in some areas, negative in others. I had also mentioned when I reviewed them that I found myself playing music a bit louder than I do with my Veritas so that very well could be why I felt that way. Although I listened at normal levels as well and felt the same, just took longer. Either way I would buy them again. A lot of quality for the money. But I will keep using the 2.2i's as my mains. Until I find a nice pair of 2.4i's. Sooner or later I will find a pair in good shape when I happen to have some spare cash to spend. Almost bought another pair of 2.2i's. Guy wanted 600/pr to close the auction. He was local. I passed.

60" Panasonic Plasma ~ BenQ HT1075 / 92" fixed Dragonfly Screen ~Onkyo TX-NR3008 as my Pre/Pro
Earthquake Sound Cinenova Grande Amplifier ~ Crown X1000 ~ Oppo BDP-103
Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista Tube DAC ~ Monster Cable Signature Series HTPS7000
Energy Veritas 2.2i (mains) & Veritas 2.0c (center) ~ Energy RC-70 (side surrounds)
CAT Tiburons(rear surr) ~ Sub... custom 15" Diamond Audio Technology ~ Xbox One

Last edited by Iron Maiden; Yesterday at 11:54 PM.
post #53705 of 53707 Old Today, 04:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 254 Post(s)
Liked: 582
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnb4467 View Post
This is a slightly different post from me, as I'm typically asking about larger speakers...

I'm looking for a relatively small / compact bedroom system, as I've finally got around to mounting a TV in there. I had been using some Logitech Z5500 speakers in there up until now, but since they would be a bit odd to use with a receiver (logitech system is self-powered and needs an optical feed for surround), I'd prefer to use a system that can be plugged directly into my smaller Yamaha HDMI receiver, which has been unused as of late.

Is there any good recommendations within the Energy -- or non-Energy -- lines that might be recommended? From what

I've read on here, the take classic 5.1 set sounds decent for the cost, and there's the spinoff Monoprice version of it (I'd need a link to that though, to know which it is)...but beyond that, I don't really know what to look for. I'm not looking to spend a fortune, but would like it to sound at least decently good. Built-in wall mounting capabilities would be the main requirement I can really think of. I know a budget would be helpful, but I don't know how much to expect from a given price range for speakers of that sort.

Thankfully the Logitech Z5500's seem to have somewhat of a cult-following in the PC-user world these days, so I may be able to sell them via Craigslist or (less preferably) eBay for a decent price & make back most (or surpass) my costs.

Suggestions very welcome!
Here's the Monoprice 5.1 system for 180+ .
post #53706 of 53707 Unread Today, 09:12 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1667 Post(s)
Liked: 1912
Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnb4467 View Post
While I haven't heard them myself, that's very true -- not something I've ever really read described in regard to the RC-70's on here. I will say though, that the 2.2i's are very, very smooth in not fatiguing my ears...whereas all the other (decently good) Energy speakers I've owned over time (5.1e's, C-8's, APS 5+2's) did start to fatigue me over time. I think if you split the difference between those and the 2.2i's, perhaps that'd be somewhere where the RC-70's would fall tweeter-wise (though I'd guess closer to the 2.2i's than the C-8's, etc).

So perhaps there is a bit of a difference, but something we'd only be able to really notice from someone who has owned both?

Pure speculation on my part...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
Live with the Veritas i series for 10+ years and then switch to the RCs. Then judge my opinion. Key word, opinion. To me, they are. But that is compared to my Veritas, with my ears. I'm so used to the 2.2i's that switching to the RC70's was very noticeable.
I think the key is that this was a RELATIVE comparison. Having had the RC-10's side by side with the V2.1's for a while, I can certainly attest that the 2nd gen Veritas tweeter is amazing, simultaneously being more detailed than the RC tweeter but ALSO smoother and cleaner, it feels effortless when pushed to high volumes where the RC begins to strain.

So I don't think Iron Maiden was saying that the RC's have a "fatiguing" or harsh tweeter in an absolute sense -- certainly if you compared them to similar priced comps like Paradigm Studio, Monitor Audio, or even the 3rd gen Veritas the RC tweeter is going to be considered the least fatiguing. But relative the 2nd gen Veritas they are a clear notch below in terms of smoothness and clarity.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #53707 of 53707 Unread Today, 09:20 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 225 Post(s)
Liked: 97
Quote:
Revel Performa3 speakers.
I'm looking at that route also, did you get the F208 or 206's?

I bet those are night and day difference between the Energy line?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page