Energy Owners Thread - Page 1795 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 201Likes

post #53821 of 53832 Old Yesterday, 09:31 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 170 Post(s)
Liked: 43
So it almost sounds as if the run of RC's is done. Damn, maybe I will pick up another pair!!!
I'm still keeping an eye open for Veritas crossovers and tweeters.
I'm thinking it would be a fun experiment to just swap in the Veritas xovers into the RC70s.
Will need to double check the impedance of all the drivers to make sure they match to the Veritas before hand, and take a look at the individual xover points of the drivers.

60" Panasonic Plasma ~ BenQ HT1075 / 92" fixed Dragonfly Screen ~Onkyo TX-NR3008 as my Pre/Pro
Earthquake Sound Cinenova Grande Amplifier ~ Crown X1000 ~ Oppo BDP-103
Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista Tube DAC ~ Monster Cable Signature Series HTPS7000
Energy Veritas 2.2i (mains) & Veritas 2.0c (center) ~ Energy RC-70 (side surrounds)
CAT Tiburons(rear surr) ~ Sub... custom 15" Diamond Audio Technology ~ Xbox One
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #53822 of 53832 Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 70
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
So it almost sounds as if the run of RC's is done. Damn, maybe I will pick up another pair!!!
I'm still keeping an eye open for Veritas crossovers and tweeters.
I'm thinking it would be a fun experiment to just swap in the Veritas xovers into the RC70s.
Will need to double check the impedance of all the drivers to make sure they match to the Veritas before hand, and take a look at the individual xover points of the drivers.
Interesting concept changing the rc-70 tweeters for some i series. I dont know how that would work though work the cabinet and the cut openings. It appears that the veritas tweeter/midrange module was crossed over at ~550 hz, and the RC-70 crosses between the 5.5" midrange and woofers at 600hz. So you would need to replace both the RC-70 tweeter and 5.5" midrange with the one veritas module, so the opening in the RC-70 cabinet would be way too large.

If you were planning on using the veritas module with the 5.5" midrange and woofers of the RC-70's, there wouldnt be enough space above the 5.5" midrange for the module, unless you turned it sideways. Even then I think it would be way too tight.

Its an interesting concept, but I think it reality it would be quite difficult to do.
post #53823 of 53832 Old Yesterday, 12:01 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
can anyone help recommend a pair of rear speakers for the following setup i already have in a dedicated 13x20 media room?

denon x2100w
energy rc-70 pair up front
energy rc-lcr center
axiom qs8 side surrounds
svs pb1000 sub

i was leaning toward getting a pair of rc-10's to wall mount at the rear of the room (about 5-6 feet behind the seating area). but the rc-10's are quite big to wall mount. would a simple pair of satellite speakers of some sort be adequate for the rears? any suggestions would be appreciated!! thank you.
post #53824 of 53832 Old Yesterday, 02:20 PM

I would swap the tweeters no problem. As far as the whole csm module(Veritas mid & tweet) it's far smaller than the 5.5" mid/tweet setup on the RC70. It would fit but obviously not without modifying the cabinet/baffle.
My goal all along was to find a damaged 2.3i/2.4i to build into a center channel. Have never liked the 2.0i center. It really should have used the dome mid as well.
One of these days I will find what I need to make something custom. For fun if nothing else.

60" Panasonic Plasma ~ BenQ HT1075 / 92" fixed Dragonfly Screen ~Onkyo TX-NR3008 as my Pre/Pro
Energy Veritas 2.2i (mains) & Veritas 2.0c (center) ~ Energy RC-70 (side surrounds)
post #53825 of 53832 Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1724 Post(s)
Liked: 1934
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbonyc View Post
can anyone help recommend a pair of rear speakers for the following setup i already have in a dedicated 13x20 media room?

denon x2100w
energy rc-70 pair up front
energy rc-lcr center
axiom qs8 side surrounds
svs pb1000 sub

i was leaning toward getting a pair of rc-10's to wall mount at the rear of the room (about 5-6 feet behind the seating area). but the rc-10's are quite big to wall mount. would a simple pair of satellite speakers of some sort be adequate for the rears? any suggestions would be appreciated!! thank you.
What about another pair of QS8's if you're happy with them? Or the smaller QS4s if you want to save some cash.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #53826 of 53832 Old Today, 10:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I would swap the tweeters no problem. As far as the whole csm module(Veritas mid & tweet) it's far smaller than the 5.5" mid/tweet setup on the RC70. It would fit but obviously not without modifying the cabinet/baffle.
My goal all along was to find a damaged 2.3i/2.4i to build into a center channel. Have never liked the 2.0i center. It really should have used the dome mid as well.
One of these days I will find what I need to make something custom. For fun if nothing else.
It looks like you could replace the tweeter on the V2.0Ci with the whole csm module, which would be pretty cool. It looks like it would fit between the woofers and you would just need to cut the right size hole. You could probably use the csm module from a 2.2i, 2.3i, or 2.4i, but like you said before you would need to check the resistance. I would imagine you could use the crossover from each of those as well with some modification. It looks like the V2.3i is a 4 way design and the V2.4i is a 5 way design, so those might be a little more complicated.

I wonder if you could use the crossover from an RC-LCR and use it for the modified V2.0Ci since its a 3 way design. That might be interesting to try out, and probably on the easier side in comparison. The RC-LCR crosses over at 600 hz and 2.5 khz, and the 2.2i crosses over at 550 hz and 2.0 khz, so they are in the same ball park.

I really dont know much at all about modifying crossovers, but I'm finding your project quite interesting. So please keep us updated.
Iron Maiden likes this.

Last edited by kgallerie; Today at 10:52 AM.
post #53827 of 53832 Old Today, 11:01 AM
Advanced Member

Iron Maiden, I just found this if you are interested:
http://reconingspeakers.com/product/...e-2-2-2-3-2-4/
post #53828 of 53832 Old Today, 11:09 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi

i have energy cf30, cc5 and cb5 setup...i am glad using energy speakers...

i wanna change center for cc10, isthe difference will be huge..

and also i first equip them with pioneer vxs520, then jump to marantz nr1602 and now pair them with yamaha rx-v767...yamaha sound is huge with them..what brands match with energy speakers best?
post #53829 of 53832 Old Today, 11:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgallerie View Post
Iron Maiden, I just found this if you are interested:
http://reconingspeakers.com/product/...e-2-2-2-3-2-4/
Wow. It is saying brand new. Will contact them to see if they actually have them. A bit pricey but used are not much cheaper.
My thought on the center with a CSM module would be to fiberglass a pod for the module so that it positions the dome mid centered between or slightly above center of the woofers. The tweeter would sit above the top of the enclosure. Think B&W tweeter pods. I would fiberglass a pod like that to house it. The crossover is the issue. Still think a 2.3i crossover would work for it. Would be a fun little project.

post #53830 of 53832 Old Today, 05:23 PM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
So it almost sounds as if the run of RC's is done. Damn, maybe I will pick up another pair!!! snip...
When I bought my RC setup years ago, a lot of members were saying 'this
is the end of the energy speakers , get them now ! '...
and yet the rc 70's rcr and rc 10 speakers are still selling like crazy...
post #53831 of 53832 Old Today, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeNc View Post
When I bought my RC setup years ago, a lot of members were saying 'this
is the end of the energy speakers , get them now ! '...
and yet the rc 70's rcr and rc 10 speakers are still selling like crazy...
Clearly, "members" have no clue what they were talking about. Just one repeats after another.
post #53832 of 53832 Old Today, 08:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 76
Energy Owners Thread

Quote:
Have never liked the 2.0i center. It really should have used the dome mid as well.

Now you're talking. I replaced a 2.0C with a 2.2i on a 12" stand (Target HS-30). Looks awkward but it all fits under my screen and sounds awesome. Dialog is so clear.

The problem with DIY is how do you know when you've got it right? Unless you have measurement equipment. I measured my room with ARC and the frequency response chart for the Center was not impressive (actually downright bad with the 2.0C) but I lived with it for years because it sounded OK.
losservatore likes this.

- AVStefan
If you like someone's post, just use the Like button to give thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page