Energy Owners Thread - Page 1796 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 203Likes

post #53851 of 53852 Old Today, 05:24 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 14
The only nearfield measurement for subwoofers was the first one for the Ultimax only. All others were from a single point that I consider to be the MLP. I felt it would be more consistant with my lack of proper measurement equipment to leave the mic stationary at the time.

I agree that there are many more benefits to Audyssey XT32 that cannot be seen in one single point measurement. I sure hope I did not imply that these were to be taken as ideal examples but more for my own curiosity. Perhaps my next day off I will take multi-point measurements and provide the before and after averages. The most important thing is how it sounds and as any who have heard XT32 in action will agree it sounds better than no room equalization.

Thank you for your input batpig, your knowledgeable input in this arena is always a pleasure.

Last edited by sicride; Today at 05:43 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #53852 of 53852 Old Today, 06:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Unfortunately my Sony AVR does not have Audyssey, and I don't trust the equalization it does have so I leave the calibration "flat".
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page