Energy Owners Thread - Page 1803 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 224Likes
post #54061 of 54067 Old Yesterday, 10:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendelac View Post
Are you near the border and near a Fry's location? Even with the crappy exchange rate, it would be worth it to grab the RC70s if you are within reasonable driving distance.
Unfortunately not, I'm nowhere near a Fry's even at the nearest border (Champlain, NY). The nearest is in Illinois and that's a ~14 hours drive so with the current exchance rate + gas and customs, it would be a nightmare :P

Edit: Alternatively, I could get them shipped to the border but looking at the specs, my receiver is not powerful enough to power them so... that's a lot of upgrades at the same time :P

Last edited by djodars; Yesterday at 10:19 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54062 of 54067 Old Yesterday, 10:20 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Quoted: 1949 Post(s)
Liked: 2089
Too bad you don't have access to those great RC deals up there in Canada. I'm honestly not sure what pricing is like for these speakers up there, but you may want to keep an eye on the used market. You can usually get more bang for the buck with slightly older, but higher end speakers.

That said, $700 CAD for the CF-50 + CC-10 isn't a terrible deal, they are excellent speakers and "worth" that much money. It's just that we are spoiled here with all of the great deals the past few years

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
post #54063 of 54067 Old Yesterday, 10:29 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by djodars View Post
Unfortunately not, I'm nowhere near a Fry's even at the nearest border (Champlain, NY). The nearest is in Illinois and that's a ~14 hours drive so with the current exchance rate + gas and customs, it would be a nightmare :P

Edit: Alternatively, I could get them shipped to the border but looking at the specs, my receiver is not powerful enough to power them so... that's a lot of upgrades at the same time :P
Check your local Best Buys and ask them to look it up on the computer. Mine has a single demo RC70 left for $199. They are likely all gone, but perhaps there are a few left in the backroom in your area.
post #54064 of 54067 Old Yesterday, 05:05 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Too bad you don't have access to those great RC deals up there in Canada. I'm honestly not sure what pricing is like for these speakers up there, but you may want to keep an eye on the used market. You can usually get more bang for the buck with slightly older, but higher end speakers.

That said, $700 CAD for the CF-50 + CC-10 isn't a terrible deal, they are excellent speakers and "worth" that much money. It's just that we are spoiled here with all of the great deals the past few years
I just calculated everything for the RC-70's at Fry's and shipping them at the border + going to pick them up wouldn't cost much more compared to the huge upgrade it is. However, they aren't shipping the RC-LCR, only in-store pick-up ಠ_ಠ. That series isn't available anywhere in Canada it seems so I'm out of luck unless someone lives near and would physically pick it up for me and ship it to the border... and I doubt that I would trust someone I don't know with $350 :P
post #54065 of 54067 Old Yesterday, 05:13 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 60
Quote:
Originally Posted by djodars View Post
I just calculated everything for the RC-70's at Fry's and shipping them at the border + going to pick them up wouldn't cost much more compared to the huge upgrade it is. However, they aren't shipping the RC-LCR, only in-store pick-up ಠ_ಠ. That series isn't available anywhere in Canada it seems so I'm out of luck unless someone lives near and would physically pick it up for me and ship it to the border... and I doubt that I would trust someone I don't know with $350 :P
I see used RCLCRs for sale locally pretty regularly around here. You should be able to find one with a little patience. One thing to keep in mind though is that many people have received damaged RC70s. They aren't packaged well and Fry's will not double-box them.
post #54066 of 54067 Old Yesterday, 05:51 PM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by zdoggz View Post
Let's add another to the mix...where does the energy esw-8 (not esw-v8)fall in the list of subs.
Are you referring to the ESW-C8? Not sure your exact needs, but the sub that comes with the Take classics is basically the C8 flipped around so the driver is downfiring and the port faces front. Nice thing about that is no port issues with tucking the sub near a wall. It's not in the same league with some of the others mentioned, or certainly a 12", but the price is right - you can land new ones for ~$150 and used ones for under $100. It's spec'd to 30 Hz and mine goes to 26Hz with room extension. And it's only 12.5" cubed, so easy to hide. CNET gave it glowing reviews (for it's class), though S&V wasn't as impressed.
post #54067 of 54067 Unread Today, 05:59 AM

Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked: 32
The model I saw on ebay was esw-8. I think I am going to look into the Omni S8, but figured I would mention the esw-8 to spawn some good (and different) discussion on the thread since there hasn't been a lot around the history/progression of the subwoofer line lately. Thanks to everyone for your input!

http://www.ebay.com/itm/ENERGY-ESW-8...item3cff3c1b4b
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page