Energy Owners Thread - Page 1817 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 270Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #54481 of 54495 Old 02-09-2016, 08:21 AM
Member
 
pvherm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
What were you running before? And where are the pics???
Please refer to posts #54466 and #54467. I'll see if I can provide pics sometime soon.
pvherm is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #54482 of 54495 Old 02-09-2016, 12:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
Iron Maiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: NorCal
Posts: 654
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by pvherm View Post
Please refer to posts #54466 and #54467. I'll see if I can provide pics sometime soon.
Duh! lol
Have you had a chance to go back and forth between the 70's and the new 2.3's?
I bought my 70's on a whim, just because they were such a good deal at Frys. They ended up as surround back channels. I'm gonna keep hunting down a pair of Veritas towers.

60" Panasonic Plasma ~ BenQ HT1075 / 92" Screen~Onkyo TX-NR3008(Pre/Pro)
Earthquake Sound Cinenova Grande Amplifier ~ Oppo BDP-103 ~ Xbox One
Musical Fidelity Tri-Vista Tube DAC ~ Monster Cable Signature Series HTPS7000
Energy Veritas 2.2i (mains) & Veritas 2.0ic (center) ~ Veritas 2.1(Front Wides)
Energy RC-70 & CAT Tiburons(Surrounds)~ Sub 15" Diamond Audio Technology-iNuke 6000
Iron Maiden is online now  
post #54483 of 54495 Old 02-09-2016, 12:07 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 103
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 1
I have RC70 towers pair on my closet collecting dust. Planning to let them go. Any interested?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk
parekoy is online now  
post #54484 of 54495 Old 02-09-2016, 06:48 PM
AVS Special Member
 
BAMAVADER's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Mars
Posts: 1,001
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Would the Energy CF-70 be a worthy upgrade over the Infinity P363?

<><

RTR

Last edited by BAMAVADER; 02-10-2016 at 03:35 AM.
BAMAVADER is offline  
post #54485 of 54495 Old 02-09-2016, 07:46 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
afrogt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Location: SF Bay Area
Posts: 24,179
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 600 Post(s)
Liked: 539
I don't think Infinity makes a CF-70.

I'm guessing you mean Energy CF-70 vs Infinity P363? I think that would be a good test but probably a lateral move than a upgrade.

Here's a good review of the Infinity
http://www.theabsolutesound.com/arti...3-loudspeaker/

And two for the Energy CF-70
http://hometheaterhifi.com/reviews/s...f-70-speakers/
http://hometheaterreview.com/energy-...aker-reviewed/


Speaker preference is really subjective so its best that you listen to each speaker if you can.

Afro GT
afrogt is offline  
post #54486 of 54495 Old 02-10-2016, 09:59 AM
Member
 
pvherm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
Duh! lol
Have you had a chance to go back and forth between the 70's and the new 2.3's?
I bought my 70's on a whim, just because they were such a good deal at Frys. They ended up as surround back channels. I'm gonna keep hunting down a pair of Veritas towers.
The 2.3i's are clearly superior. There is no going back. I bought the 70's from Fry's also, reasoning that I liked the other RC's, bought from Vann's and Meijer. I think the 70's might be ok for HT, but in my 2.0 set-up, I was disappointed. My HT set-up is 3 RC-LCR's and a pair of VS surrounds, with which I am still satisfied.
pvherm is offline  
post #54487 of 54495 Old 02-11-2016, 11:17 PM
Advanced Member
 
brendelac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 889
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Energy Veritas 1.8 $850 Los Angeles

Last edited by brendelac; Yesterday at 05:45 PM.
brendelac is offline  
post #54488 of 54495 Old Yesterday, 01:32 PM
Advanced Member
 
Iron Maiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: NorCal
Posts: 654
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 378 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Damn, and I'm in LA for the weekend! Im sure they will be gone by the time I get back.
Iron Maiden is online now  
post #54489 of 54495 Old Yesterday, 01:41 PM
Senior Member
 
willieconway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post
Damn, and I'm in LA for the weekend! Im sure they will be gone by the time I get back.
The listing is from LA, not San Francisco.

Adjusting settings according to personal preference is not calibration.

Epson 5030UB, 100" Carada Criterion with Classic Cinema White, Onkyo TX-NR818, NHT Classic 3s, an Absolute Center and SuperZero 2.1s, Mirage Omni S10, Oppo 103D. Currently boxed up: Denon 1713, Klipsch SW-450,
Energy Veritas 5.1s, a 5.2C and a V-Mini-C.
willieconway is online now  
post #54490 of 54495 Old Yesterday, 05:45 PM
Advanced Member
 
brendelac's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: British Columbia, Canada
Posts: 889
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 69
Quote:
Originally Posted by willieconway View Post
The listing is from LA, not San Francisco.
Sorry, you're correct. I just saw SF (valley) and my mind went to San Francisco. SF would be San Fernando then? Being over 2000 kilometers away, I don't know my Californian geography too well.
brendelac is offline  
post #54491 of 54495 Old Yesterday, 07:12 PM
Senior Member
 
willieconway's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 498
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 89 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendelac View Post
Sorry, you're correct. I just saw SF (valley) and my mind went to San Francisco. SF would be San Fernando then? Being over 2000 kilometers away, I don't know my Californian geography too well.
Yup, it's in San Fernando Valley. I've actually never seen it written "SF valley" anywhere else, but it does make sense I guess. If you live down there (and I used to), it's usually just "the valley". And completely off-topic but if you want to know what it's like, watch The Big Lebowski. I love the place.

Adjusting settings according to personal preference is not calibration.

Epson 5030UB, 100" Carada Criterion with Classic Cinema White, Onkyo TX-NR818, NHT Classic 3s, an Absolute Center and SuperZero 2.1s, Mirage Omni S10, Oppo 103D. Currently boxed up: Denon 1713, Klipsch SW-450,
Energy Veritas 5.1s, a 5.2C and a V-Mini-C.
willieconway is online now  
post #54492 of 54495 Old Today, 07:40 AM
Member
 
ddvette9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello all,

Current set-up

Energy Cf-50 Towers
Energy CC-5 center channel
Energy Cb-10 surrounds

Receiver is an older Denon AVR 1612 (rated at 75 watts per channel, but probably less when all channels are driven)

Right now my speakers sound incredibly accurate, but weaken at higher volumes and can become harsh. Also, the mids and lows or the towers are very very weak, which I would imagine is a result of them being underpowered.

I will not be changing the speakers. The center channel fits perfectly in my cabinet, the surrounds are on Sanus stands behind my couch and the towers are a gift from a family member a few years ago.

If you were me, and you were in the market for a new AV receiver under $1,000, where would you lean as far as power rating and mating with the energy speakers to get the best out of them. By no way am I unhappy with my current Denon, but before I buy another one, I was looking at Yamaha Aventage and Marantz.

Also, would someone care to specify what RMS I SHOULD be giving my speakers, in an ideal situation, which may help with my picking a new receiver with adequate but not too much power. Thanks
ddvette9 is online now  
post #54493 of 54495 Old Today, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member
 
laserjock II's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Location: Texas Coast
Posts: 1,106
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 384 Post(s)
Liked: 164
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddvette9 View Post
Hello all,

Current set-up

Energy Cf-50 Towers
Energy CC-5 center channel
Energy Cb-10 surrounds

Receiver is an older Denon AVR 1612 (rated at 75 watts per channel, but probably less when all channels are driven)

Right now my speakers sound incredibly accurate, but weaken at higher volumes and can become harsh. Also, the mids and lows or the towers are very very weak, which I would imagine is a result of them being underpowered.

I will not be changing the speakers. The center channel fits perfectly in my cabinet, the surrounds are on Sanus stands behind my couch and the towers are a gift from a family member a few years ago.

If you were me, and you were in the market for a new AV receiver under $1,000, where would you lean as far as power rating and mating with the energy speakers to get the best out of them. By no way am I unhappy with my current Denon, but before I buy another one, I was looking at Yamaha Aventage and Marantz.

Also, would someone care to specify what RMS I SHOULD be giving my speakers, in an ideal situation, which may help with my picking a new receiver with adequate but not too much power. Thanks
A nice sub would take a load off the AVR and possibly give you some headroom on the mains.

Maybe that and a 2 channel amp if that receiver has pre-outs?
laserjock II is online now  
post #54494 of 54495 Old Today, 10:23 AM
Member
 
ddvette9's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 56
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
A nice sub would take a load off the AVR and possibly give you some headroom on the mains.

Maybe that and a 2 channel amp if that receiver has pre-outs?
Forgot to add I have a powered sub...
ddvette9 is online now  
post #54495 of 54495 Old Today, 11:55 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Jan 2016
Posts: 10
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Man v1.8s for 850 is a great deal. Anyone know if they use the exact same tweeter as the 2.8s? I know the woofers are a bit smaller. I got my 2.8s on craigslist last spring...dude delivered them to my house (he drove from maine to PA...apparently was on his way to florida) for a total of 1100 or 1200! Still love them every day!

I also have had the v6.3 and then then v2.4i
audnutz is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off