Energy Owners Thread - Page 1831 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 354Likes
post #54901 of 54907 Unread Yesterday, 07:35 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3228 Post(s)
Liked: 3099
Did you try Energy directly? I was able to get some plugs for an RC-LCR a few years back. Don't know if there's anyone left there anymore though

You can always make your own. Just stuff a sock in there or whatever. Port plugs are pretty low tech.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54902 of 54907 Unread Yesterday, 07:52 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post
Did you try Energy directly? I was able to get some plugs for an RC-LCR a few years back. Don't know if there's anyone left there anymore though

You can always make your own. Just stuff a sock in there or whatever. Port plugs are pretty low tech.

Didn't think to ask them. Maybe they have some old stuff laying around. I've read nerf balls work, still I wonder if they are using a medium density foam that lets a specific amount of air through.
post #54903 of 54907 Unread Yesterday, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Go to a craft store, get a sheet of soft foam. Roll it up. Electrical tape. Boom, port plugs.
post #54904 of 54907 Unread Yesterday, 06:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 145 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP12 View Post
Anyone know where I can source some port plugs for the RC-50 and RC-LCR?

I don't know if I really need them for the 50s they are at least 12" and probably more like 18" away from the wall. I have plugs for my surrounds which are closer to the wall and near corners.

I only have about 10" behind my center though.
I don't know if the foam plugs are the same as the ones on the RC-LCR, but I have the remaining plugs from a RC-70 set I've sold a while ago... They are available , just shoot me a pm. Cover the shipping fees from Canada and they are yours.

Polk Audio LSIM703, Polk Audio LSIM704c, Polk Audio RTI-A1 surrounds
Dual Reaction-Audio BPS212 turbo subwoofers
Marantz AV8801 preamp, Rotel RMB-1095 power amp
Pioneer Elite n50 network player
Marantz CD6004 cd player, Marantz UD5007 Blu ray player, Modded Rega RP1 turntable
Panasonic Tcl55dt60 led tv,Playstation 3 and a lot of old consoles
post #54905 of 54907 Unread Yesterday, 07:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 160 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Unless you are running the speakers full range, would port plugs even be necessary or truly effective with a typical subwoofer and 80hz speaker crossover? The only time I found port plugs needed was when I literally had RC-10s mounted on a shelf in an entertainment center... and it indeed took care of the annoying vibration that was occurring without the plugs..
post #54906 of 54907 Unread Yesterday, 07:38 PM

Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarghon View Post
I don't know if the foam plugs are the same as the ones on the RC-LCR, but I have the remaining plugs from a RC-70 set I've sold a while ago... They are available , just shoot me a pm. Cover the shipping fees from Canada and they are yours.
That's great, thank you! PM incoming.
post #54907 of 54907 Unread Today, 10:06 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 59 Post(s)
Quoted: 3228 Post(s)
Liked: 3099
Quote:
Originally Posted by deano86 View Post
Unless you are running the speakers full range, would port plugs even be necessary or truly effective with a typical subwoofer and 80hz speaker crossover? The only time I found port plugs needed was when I literally had RC-10s mounted on a shelf in an entertainment center... and it indeed took care of the annoying vibration that was occurring without the plugs..
I think it's really an "it depends" situation. When I had RC-10's I crossed them over at 80Hz, but the port was less than a foot from the wall behind them and I still preferred them with the ports plugged. IMO it helped make them sound a little less "chesty" and softened the mid-bass hump that is characteristic of the speakers. But it certainly didn't sound bad with them unplugged.

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50