Energy Owners Thread - Page 1833 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 371Likes

post #54961 of 54967 Old 08-28-2016, 07:02 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP12 View Post
I have a set of these, currently holding some Omni 60s. I wasn't sure if they could secure the speaker tight enough for the required tilt.
I think you'll be ok but I cannot speak from experience. One of the members of this forum suggested these for use with the RC-10 speakers a while back. Make sure to use the port plugs when mounting so close to the wall.

Good luck!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #54962 of 54967 Old Yesterday, 02:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi everyone,

I sold my B&W CM series HT setup and decided to try it old school with some Energy Connoisseur C-8 fronts matched with the Energy AC-300 and Energy RSVS rears. I have two amazing custom subs as well. I made the mistake of walking into my local audio store and saw the Kef Q700 in white and like the look quite a bit. I can get them, with the Q600 center and Q300 as rears for about $2200 CAD. Do you think I would notice a significant difference to my setup now? I'll be running them by an Anthem MRX-710. I can't take them home to try in my house, but from what I heard in the store, I was impressed. Thanks for input.
post #54963 of 54967 Old Yesterday, 07:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 645 Post(s)
Liked: 357
See my reply in the KEF owners thread, where you posed the same question.

BTW, if you can get all 5 of those speakers for that price, it's a screaming deal! List price in US dollars is $2800.

System includes KEF R500 floor standing, R200C center, R100 surrounds, SVS SB2000 subwoofer, NAD T758 receiver, Pro-Ject RPM1 turntable w/ Sumiko Pearl cartridge, Bluesound Vault, Sony BDP-S480 BlueRay player, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer, MCS System cassette deck. The last 2 items are dust collectors but will work if asked.
post #54964 of 54967 Old Yesterday, 09:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 77
Any chance anyone knows where I could find an Energy V-S surround speaker? I can't find them available anywhere, even ebay.

If they simply aren't available, what might be a worthy substitute? Thanks!

post #54965 of 54967 Old Today, 03:59 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 139 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by tcramer View Post
Any chance anyone knows where I could find an Energy V-S surround speaker? I can't find them available anywhere, even ebay.

If they simply aren't available, what might be a worthy substitute? Thanks!
http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/detai...int-condition/

These are in Canada so shipping would be expensive, but the exchange rate makes them $325 in USD so may be worth looking into. Also, Canada Post and its union are in mediation talks right now so a strike may be in the near future. Private courier cross-border shipping is usually more expensive from my experience and may or may not have customs and brokerage fees, at least going from US into Canada.
MuaySteve likes this.

Last edited by brendelac; Today at 04:06 AM.
post #54966 of 54967 Old Today, 04:56 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by brendelac View Post
http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/detai...int-condition/

These are in Canada so shipping would be expensive, but the exchange rate makes them $325 in USD so may be worth looking into. Also, Canada Post and its union are in mediation talks right now so a strike may be in the near future. Private courier cross-border shipping is usually more expensive from my experience and may or may not have customs and brokerage fees, at least going from US into Canada.
Beat me to it. I had just seen this add yesterday when I was poking around CAM to see what kind of Energy RC stuff might be available.
post #54967 of 54967 Old Today, 04:57 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 31
So is Energy pretty much defunct at this point? No new products on the horizon?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50