Energy Owners Thread - Page 319 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
First ... 317  318  319 320  321  ... Last
Speakers > Energy Owners Thread
hrdluck13's Avatar hrdluck13 04:11 PM 04-21-2009
Sooner takes round 1

ousooner2's Avatar ousooner2 04:26 PM 04-21-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdluck13 View Post

Sooner takes round 1

Haha thanks but I don't want to take any round. People just need to stop taking their daily lives out on people that are helping them on an A/V forum. Kinda rediculous but thats that.


To anyone that has bought the C-C100 from buy.com....

Are they extremely slow or what??!! Geez! Its been 2 days and they still haven't given me a confirmation e-mail. They said everything is ok and it went through so I'm not sure why its taking this long! Weird....
Adam.C's Avatar Adam.C 04:29 PM 04-21-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post

Haha thanks but I don't want to take any round. People just need to stop taking their daily lives out on people that are helping them on an A/V forum. Kinda rediculous but thats that.


To anyone that has bought the C-C100 from buy.com....

Are they extremely slow or what??!! Geez! Its been 2 days and they still haven't given me a confirmation e-mail. They said everything is ok and it went through so I'm not sure why its taking this long! Weird....

I ordered mine on a Tuesday, and it was delivered to my house that Friday. Not sure where it shipped from but that's pretty fast for free shipping.
hrdluck13's Avatar hrdluck13 04:29 PM 04-21-2009
Dude, I know it was said in bad taste.. No disrespect to anyone..

My C-C100 showed up and the next day I got an email saying my order was being shipped the next day (two days after I received it)..

You will have it within a week of ordering it pending where you live.
ousooner2's Avatar ousooner2 04:32 PM 04-21-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam.C View Post

I ordered mine on a Tuesday, and it was delivered to my house that Friday. Not sure where it shipped from but that's pretty fast for free shipping.

Hmm...

-Did you get a confirmation e-mail immediately or what? I ordered monday morning and I was hoping for this week but I'm not sure how this will turn out.

-How did they package it?? Hopefully double box and all. Yours arrive ok?

-What shipping did you select? I did 7-9 b/c it was free and I hear it doesn't really take that long
ousooner2's Avatar ousooner2 04:33 PM 04-21-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by hrdluck13 View Post

Dude, I know it was said in bad taste.. No disrespect to anyone..

My C-C100 showed up and the next day I got an email saying my order was being shipped the next day (two days after I received it)..

You will have it within a week of ordering it pending where you live.


Haha thats funny...you should have cancelled your order. Naw that would be messed up but sounds like they need to get their crap together!
hrdluck13's Avatar hrdluck13 04:34 PM 04-21-2009
I seem to think it was not double boxed. I don't remember 100% though.
I paid (on accident) for some type of expedited shipping..
It showed up looking great and sounding better.. It's a pig.. Just be aware.
treepop's Avatar treepop 04:38 PM 04-21-2009
Alright.....I got my new entertainment center....but there was a problem....not enough room to fit my identical c100 speaker as a center ....as luck should have it I scored a c-c100 for a great price. My question is. Since I no longer have 3 c100's, do I have to have them all at the same height. Or can I have the LeftFront and RightFront at listening level, while the center is above the screen? I would think with audysee this would even out the feeling that the sound was closer to you and not so far away.

Thanks....I will post some pics too!
ousooner2's Avatar ousooner2 04:48 PM 04-21-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by treepop View Post

Alright.....I got my new entertainment center....but there was a problem....not enough room to fit my identical c100 speaker as a center ....as luck should have it I scored a c-c100 for a great price. My question is. Since I no longer have 3 c100's, do I have to have them all at the same height. Or can I have the LeftFront and RightFront at listening level, while the center is above the screen? I would think with audysee this would even out the feeling that the sound was closer to you and not so far away.

Thanks....I will post some pics too!

You'll be fine with them at different heights as long as their not waaay off. Aud. should take care of all that for you! Good luck and post up pics!!
squish72's Avatar squish72 05:47 PM 04-21-2009
just ordered 6 c-50's and a cc-50 to hook up to a onkyo 706 and pa-120 sub did i do good?? it was on a very tight budget after buying the rec and sub
knight_40k's Avatar knight_40k 06:13 PM 04-21-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by treepop View Post

Alright.....I got my new entertainment center....but there was a problem....not enough room to fit my identical c100 speaker as a center ....as luck should have it I scored a c-c100 for a great price. My question is. Since I no longer have 3 c100's, do I have to have them all at the same height. Or can I have the LeftFront and RightFront at listening level, while the center is above the screen? I would think with audysee this would even out the feeling that the sound was closer to you and not so far away.

Thanks....I will post some pics too!

You should be fine with the center at a higher level. Most people do not have everything at the same level, there are always compromises in a home setting. Take a look at my theater pic in my signature, I have the center lower than the fronts and no issues with sound not being balanced.
Tuba4me's Avatar Tuba4me 06:18 PM 04-21-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post

Haha thanks but I don't want to take any round. People just need to stop taking their daily lives out on people that are helping them on an A/V forum. Kinda rediculous but thats that.

I agree

Public forums are no place to be if there's some personal trauma or stress going on. It's inevitably going to cause a lash-out @ someone and make one look like an ass

Seems like most people's c-c100 is shipping out of Texas. You should get it tomorrow if you are in OK. They're really good about shipping speed, although their e-mail notifications may not be anything to write home about. They were good about e-mailing me. Luck of the draw I guess.

-Oh it came from TX to TN in 4 days.
eric-t's Avatar eric-t 06:38 PM 04-21-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post

Hmm...

-Did you get a confirmation e-mail immediately or what? I ordered monday morning and I was hoping for this week but I'm not sure how this will turn out.

-How did they package it?? Hopefully double box and all. Yours arrive ok?

-What shipping did you select? I did 7-9 b/c it was free and I hear it doesn't really take that long

How does the c500's sound now with you're new tweeter?
sethhorwitz's Avatar sethhorwitz 07:10 PM 04-21-2009
Does anyone know where I can find the Take FPS in silver at the reduced prices? (Or should I add this to the pile of opportunities that I have missed recently?) Thanks.
Seth
afrogt's Avatar afrogt 07:29 PM 04-21-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by squish72 View Post

just ordered 6 c-50's and a cc-50 to hook up to a onkyo 706 and pa-120 sub did i do good?? it was on a very tight budget after buying the rec and sub

I would rather have the C-100s and C-C100 center but if you have space or budget concerns, you did fine. I just like the C-100s because they're only $8-9 more than the C-50 per pair.
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it..._c=site_search
Rustdust's Avatar Rustdust 07:54 PM 04-21-2009
Seth, keep your eye on WWStereo to see if any pop up.
ousooner2's Avatar ousooner2 07:56 PM 04-21-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuba4me View Post

I agree

Public forums are no place to be if there's some personal trauma or stress going on. It's inevitably going to cause a lash-out @ someone and make one look like an ass

Seems like most people's c-c100 is shipping out of Texas. You should get it tomorrow if you are in OK. They're really good about shipping speed, although their e-mail notifications may not be anything to write home about. They were good about e-mailing me. Luck of the draw I guess.

-Oh it came from TX to TN in 4 days.

Well you just got me excited sir! Haha


Quote:
Originally Posted by eric-t View Post

How does the c500's sound now with you're new tweeter?

They sound great! I can really tell how bad some of my mp3's are! I need to find a new way to download to get better quality, I just use Limewire and download the highest bitrate I can find. Before I owned these I heard the words "warm" and "recessed" but I think these are just about perfect for me! They certainly aren't warm to my ears at least...I love em! I can't wait to get everything together and watch a blu-ray in HD surround! Yumm!

Suggestions for Downloading??

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

I would rather have the C-100s and C-C100 center but if you have space or budget concerns, you did fine. I just like the C-100s because they're only $8-9 more than the C-50 per pair.
http://www.vanns.com/shop/servlet/it..._c=site_search

+1 on that! With the C-100's not being much more, if you have the space then I would wait a bit and buy the C-100's.
squish72's Avatar squish72 09:28 PM 04-21-2009
yeah i already ordered them found a pair of the c-50's and the cc-50 for $100 and saw that the c-50's were 49 so i ordered the other 4 could have waited cause i have the space didnt realize the 100's were almost the same price but it will be in a smaller room thats maybe 12x12 if i made a bad choice then know anyone that wants to buy some brand new c-50's haha jk
ousooner2's Avatar ousooner2 09:37 PM 04-21-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by squish72 View Post

yeah i already ordered them found a pair of the c-50's and the cc-50 for $100 and saw that the c-50's were 49 so i ordered the other 4 could have waited cause i have the space didnt realize the 100's were almost the same price but it will be in a smaller room thats maybe 12x12 if i made a bad choice then know anyone that wants to buy some brand new c-50's haha jk

I'm sure you could Ebay the C-50's for the price you paid. Or just send them back if you can. I'd do C-100's for mains at least.
ousooner2's Avatar ousooner2 10:56 PM 04-21-2009
Hey guys, I've posted this in the AVR forum but noone helps over there so I thought i'd ask you guys to see if maybe you know. Here's my question...

I've got a Yamaha 663 and my tv is dropping audio. Its just on cable tv as I've already tried it for music and Xbox 360 and its fine for those. It drops audio and seems to flicker the picture anywhere from every 5 seconds to 30 seconds. I've checked my connections (HDMI) and they seem to be in and secure. Is there something I have to do on the AVR or what? I'll try another HDMI while I wait for responses but its really annoying and I'm trying to watch something and it obviously shouldn't be doing this haha. Thanks guys for the help!!

Edit: I tried a different HDMI and it's still dropping audio/video


Good news though...my C-C100 will be here tomorrow according to FedEx! YES!!
dbdynsty25's Avatar dbdynsty25 11:11 PM 04-21-2009
Sooner, are you getting your tv through a cable box? If so, that's probably the issue. Switch it out.
ousooner2's Avatar ousooner2 11:19 PM 04-21-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbdynsty25 View Post

Sooner, are you getting your tv through a cable box? If so, that's probably the issue. Switch it out.

Yeah through the Cox "explorer 4240HDC" box. So it could be a bad box. Hmm...I've been wanting to change to a DVR box so maybe I can bitch and they'll throw in it for free haha
billlh's Avatar billlh 11:41 PM 04-21-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tuba4me View Post

I agree

Public forums are no place to be if there's some personal trauma or stress going on. It's inevitably going to cause a lash-out @ someone and make one look like an ass

Seems like most people's c-c100 is shipping out of Texas. You should get it tomorrow if you are in OK. They're really good about shipping speed, although their e-mail notifications may not be anything to write home about. They were good about e-mailing me. Luck of the draw I guess.

-Oh it came from TX to TN in 4 days.

Yea I agree also. I was simply stating an opinion. I don't bring my personal life or stress to the forums. I come here to learn and enjoy the information. It's unfortunate that some people confuse an opinion with lashing out.

As to Buy.com they are terrible at updating their site. I still have items I bought months ago that have never shown up in my account. Almost everything I've bought from them showed up before the tracking information. It's just what you have to deal with if you order from them.

Bill
joshtee's Avatar joshtee 12:00 AM 04-22-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by ousooner2 View Post

I like how your sitting here rambling on and on about this and you act like you've been in this thread for a long time. If you have been here you would know that this kind of **** has already happend and were all passed it. People were comparing prices of their systems showing how good of deals they got and I threw mine in there! Its that simple! Then...bill"ybadass" over here...you incase you didnt know.....hey I need to make a smartass comment just so I can get some attention. Did it have any place in this thread? NO! Did it mean anything to anyone is this thread? NO! Does anyone care what YOU think of MY speakers? NO! Does anyone care if you just leave this website? NO! You have 100 post and im sure their just filled with helpful info and I'm not going start an arguement with someone over something this stupid. Its funny just how hypocritical you sound in your post...."grow up or shut up" and then you proceed to say "jackass of the week award?"....but wait didn't you just say grow up? WTF is going on here? I'm confused....are you 12 years old and don't know it or what? You can "simply make your point" in that pint sized brain of yours and keep it to yourself! HOLY HELL! Wait! Isn't that something thats already been discussed not even 10 pages back! But you've been here for sooooooo long and have helped sooo many people that you probably already knew that right? WRONG! Obviously your just a troll so just do us all a favor and leave

You come here to bitch and moan and then you say "My Sansui's are doing music and will be better than the C-series".....well.....then go to the Sansui's forum dipshit! If you need help finding it then PM me! Jesus....I think a mod needs to just do everyone a favor and ban you!

Easy there, little fella. It maybe time for you to get a life outside of this thread.
ousooner2's Avatar ousooner2 12:05 AM 04-22-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by joshtee View Post

Easy there, little fella. It maybe time for you to get a life outside of this thread.

Hahahahaha really? And what do you do for a living? B/c I "had" a full time job but am currently looking and take 18 hours at University of Oklahoma for my Petro. Geology degree. I'm also in an internship with Bays Exploration out of OK.

So b/c I have more post then you means I need to get a life? Maybe you should tell some of the extremely helpful people that i'm sure have helped you...like batpig, etc and tell them to get a life. See how that goes over with them. Stop wasting everyone's time and trying to draw attention to yourself. Its sad, it really is. Thanks for your contribution to the thread by the way...your just making it better and better
billlh's Avatar billlh 12:11 AM 04-22-2009
I've deleted my posts to this guy. It's totally pointless. He seems to be only interested in fighting with someone, or anyone that happens to disagree with him. I'm sorry you had to read this. I should have known better then to even reply to his rant. It has no place in an open forum. The conversation is over for my part.

My apologies,

Bill
dbdynsty25's Avatar dbdynsty25 12:19 AM 04-22-2009
Enough Sooner...jeez.
billlh's Avatar billlh 12:27 AM 04-22-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by DAC21 View Post

If your paying more for 14 gauge, you are correct. Three reels of 50' 14 gauge at Monoprice are $9.75ea. with Shipping $36.58. If you live outside of California no tax, so you are saving a few dollars for 14 gauge without leaving your house to get it. Might as well go with 14 if you have a few days to kill until you receive it. Of course a big savings at Monoprice if you stick with 16 gauge.

No I don't work for monoprice, I happen to work three miles away from their Warehouse so will call pick ups are a breeze...Love that place! BTW I have been waiting for ages for 2' HDMI cables to come in...great if you have stacked components in a shelve unit. 1.5 feet are too short...three feet = messy. 2 feet are just right, at least for myself. Buy up, they are in!

Your right but I didn't want to wait for the wire to show up. The 16 gage worked out to be about the same price as the Radio Shack price. And I had it in my hand right then. I didn't see the 14 gage on there for that price. But with shipping it's probably about the same price. I'm on the other coast so it's a big wait for me.

Bill
sdstiw's Avatar sdstiw 01:27 AM 04-22-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by alphaiii View Post

Are you putting the bookshelves on stands? If so, then you have the space for towers.

If not, and you need to go the bookshelf route, I'd think you should stick with the C-100 or C-200. The new CB series is a different design, borrowing the hyperbolic tweeter design from the Veritas. Also, the woofers are different. I would imagine they aren't a timbre match to the C-C100.


I like the thought here that says if you have room for C-100s, then you have room for Towers (C-300).

When money in brought into the picture, then C-100s may be a solution, but if you are placing the C-100s on stands, then the cost of C-100s + stands verses C-300s narrows the gap in overall cost.

Much to my dis-pleasure, the cost of stands are more money then I once thought. A decent set is not cheap, so look at the overall cost, before one says the cost of the C-300s is too much over the C-100s.

Plus the C-300s have spikes, and will isolate any sound transferring to the floor, where C-100s on stands may not (unless the stands have spikes).
sdstiw's Avatar sdstiw 01:41 AM 04-22-2009
Quote:
Originally Posted by CNemo View Post

Thanks for reply!

I have Denon-798, C-500, C-C50, C-50. No sub yet, and I don't know if I need one.
I went with C-500, because I often listen to stereo and would like to have decent dynamic range. C-C50 was selected because of it's size. It needs to fit under TV. Rears are on 38'' Lovan stands.

Now I think I made a few mistakes when purchased my system. May be C-500overpower C-C50 a little bit?

Any thoughts on how to improve further?

I do not think you made a mistake at all with the C-500s and C-C50. I am using C-300s and C-C50 (C-C50 for size issue too) and no sub for now, since I live 2nd floor apt.

The C-500s IMOP do not over power the C-C50's any more then the C-300s would. You just have better base with the extra woofer over the C-300. And since you like music and no sub, you have made an excellent decision with the C-500s.

If you plan on a sub at a later time, the C-500s become even less of an issue, since you will then be sending more of the lower freqs away from the C-500s towards the sub.

I did have to pump up the Center a few db, but not because of the C-300s, but because of the Surrounds and Rear surrounds. Little by little, I am dialing in by boosting the center, and taming the surrounds, and with the Denon, this is a great feature!
Tags: Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50
First ... 317  318  319 320  321  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop