Energy Owners Thread - Page 370 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 
Thread Tools
Old 05-27-2009, 06:19 PM
Member
 
mke1078's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 38
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

why don't you do as I suggested and RE READ my post and note the qualifiers such as "AS FAR AS I KNOW" and "SHOULDN'T"

if you're going to get pissy, you are the one who said it was the MOST IMPORTANT thing. taking your own logic, how do you know it's the most important thing?

My apologies as I didn't realize that AFAIK was as far as i know.
mke1078 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 05-27-2009, 06:22 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
batpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 25,015
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1148 Post(s)
Liked: 1593
it's cool, I just cant resist a pedantry competition

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
batpig is online now  
Old 05-27-2009, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
subiefast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by mke1078 View Post

I'm not gonna get in a pissing match, they have port plugs as well. He doesn't know if it needs plugs or not. If it is in and enclosure, such as a cabinet, the plugs will reduce the bass drowning out the voice from the close area. Only the person who has the problem can decide, it was a suggestion, he should try it, if it helps great if not there are other things to try. Does everybody here have to be right 100% of the time? He asked for solutions to a problem I encountered with the same stuff.

My c-c50 didn't come with a plug, IIRC there was only one little port anyways. Batpig was trying to state that a port plug wouldn't help since it puts out very little bass anyways.

I guess, it doesn't hurt to try a port plug though.
subiefast is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Newbie
 
80sRule's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 3
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

see my EDIT above, they are probably actually 22.2's. second from the top-of-the-line in the early '90s. used the famed, older "dual hyperdome" tweeter from their original Pro/Reference 22's, they switched to the aluminum dome tweeter in the middle of the decade.

I second this identification. They are 22.2s.
80sRule is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 06:42 PM
Advanced Member
 
Bama29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 805
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by subiefast View Post

My c-c50 didn't come with a plug, IIRC there was only one little port anyways. Batpig was trying to state that a port plug wouldn't help since it puts out very little bass anyways.

I guess, it doesn't hurt to try a port plug though.

My C-C50 did not come with a port plug either. Now the C-C100 came with two.
Bama29 is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Senior Member
 
dlbsyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Irving, Tx
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Guys,

What am I doing wrong? I just replaced my c-100's with c-300's for my fronts and I hate to say it but I am dissapointed with the sound. The c-300's seem to lack bass and don't have the richness that the c-100's have. Something has to give since I paid 3 times the price for the 300's. Could it be that I got bad speakers? What do you think? Also, I noticed some kind of filler material when looking into the port holes of the 300's. Is this normal?

-Will
dlbsyst is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 07:10 PM
Senior Member
 
streetcredit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Posts: 311
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbsyst View Post

Guys,

What am I doing wrong? I just replaced my c-100's with c-300's for my fronts and I hate to say it but I am dissapointed with the sound. The c-300's seem to lack bass and don't have the richness that the c-100's have. Something has to give since I paid 3 times the price for the 300's. Could it be that I got bad speakers? What do you think? Also, I noticed some kind of filler material when looking into the port holes of the 300's. Is this normal?

-Will

Those are the port plugs...you can remove them, they are there to remove the boomy bass if speakers need to be placed near the wall
streetcredit is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 07:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
subiefast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetcredit View Post

Those are the port plugs...you can remove them, they are there to remove the boomy bass if speakers need to be placed near the wall

He might be talking about the insulating material inside the speaker. If that's what he's talking about he shouldn't remove that stuff.
subiefast is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 07:29 PM
AVS Special Member
 
subiefast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
I just finished changing up my setup. The wires are still a little messy, but I'm too tired to take care of it right now.

Not all of the stuff is energy though.

My living room setup has:

Home Theater PC with windows media center
Motorola Cable DVR
Wii
Xbox 360 Elite
Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive
Pioneer 51FD blu-ray player
Oppo 980h dvd/dvd-a/sacd player
belkin pf31 powerstation
focupix 105" screen
benqw10000 1080p projector
Kef iq6c center speaker
2 x Kef iq5 tower speakers
2 x Kef iq1 bookshelves
PA-120 Sub
Onkyo 806 AVR
Harmony 1000 remote

Bedroom

Samsung FPT-5084 50" 1080p plasma
Xbox 360 pro
Panasonic BD30 Blu-ray player
Motorola HD cable box
Xbox 360 HD-DVD drive
WDTV HD Media player with 120GB hard drive
Onkyo 605 receiver
2 x Energy c-300 towers
1 x c-c100
esw-8 subwoofer

Extra stuff:

I just gave my c-c50, and esw-10 to my dad. I still have the c-100s, and c-50 bookshelves, and I'll probably give the c-100s to my dad tomorrow. I might use the c-50s as surrounds in my bedroom, but I'm not sure yet.

Living room:




Back of Living Room:




Bedroom:



Extra stuff:

subiefast is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 07:53 PM
Newbie
 
atrainxc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hey guys, I'm trying to avoid a HTIB for a 5.1 setup and really like what everyone is saying about Energy. I want to know what people think of this setup before I go ahead with it. I could be way off but I'm hoping some people can help me out. I am looking for good sounding, small discrete speakers with a reciever for movies (I'm fine with 5.1 surround) and music (rock,pop,hip-hop), all hooked up via HDMI. I would like to keep everything under $1,000 (looking around $700). I already have a 10" Infinity entrasub which I plan on keeping (it's old but still sounds excellent to me).

Here's my setup:

14'x10' room
52" sony xbr6 LCD
Sony PS3 for games/bluray
Digital Cable Box

I'm thinking of the following:

4x Energy C-50 speakers
1x Energy CC50 Center Channel
(I'm reading that this selection would be much better than the energy take classic or rc-mini, is this true?)

I'm lost for recievers. Can anyone suggest anything for me? How's the Yamaha 6160, Sony DG920 (highly rated on cnet, cool GUI), or something from Denon, HK, Onkyo??

Thanks for your help!
atrainxc is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 07:57 PM
Senior Member
 
dlbsyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Irving, Tx
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by streetcredit View Post

Those are the port plugs...you can remove them, they are there to remove the boomy bass if speakers need to be placed near the wall

Quote:
Originally Posted by subiefast View Post

He might be talking about the insulating material inside the speaker. If that's what he's talking about he shouldn't remove that stuff.

Yes. It is the insulation material I'm talking about, not the port plugs.

Well, I just put my c-100's back in place and removed the c-300's. WOW, what a difference. Back is the sound that I fell in love with. Rich, warm, huge sound. None of which I was getting from the c-300's. There has got to be something wrong with the 300's. They sound terrible and if I didn't know better I would think they were not ENERGY speakers at all. They almost sound like 'fakes'. I received them from audio advisor so surely that can't be the case. Maybe I just don't like the sound of floor standing speakers. What do you guys think?

In any event I will be contacting Audio Advisor about returning them. I am so dissapointed as I was expecting so much more from the c-300's

-Will
dlbsyst is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 08:12 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Joseph Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 10,496
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrainxc View Post

Hey guys, I'm trying to avoid a HTIB for a 5.1 setup and really like what everyone is saying about Energy. I want to know what people think of this setup before I go ahead with it. I could be way off but I'm hoping some people can help me out. I am looking for good sounding, small discrete speakers with a reciever for movies (I'm fine with 5.1 surround) and music (rock,pop,hip-hop), all hooked up via HDMI. I would like to keep everything under $1,000 (looking around $700). I already have a 10" Infinity entrasub which I plan on keeping (it's old but still sounds excellent to me).

Here's my setup:

14'x10' room
52" sony xbr6 LCD
Sony PS3 for games/bluray
Digital Cable Box

I'm thinking of the following:

4x Energy C-50 speakers
1x Energy CC50 Center Channel
(I'm reading that this selection would be much better than the energy take classic or rc-mini, is this true?)

I'm lost for recievers. Can anyone suggest anything for me? How's the Yamaha 6160, Sony DG920 (highly rated on cnet, cool GUI), or something from Denon, HK, Onkyo??

Thanks for your help!

If your budget allows, the RC-Mini would probably sound a little better than the C-50. The tweeter in the RC series is more refined than the C series. I love Denon and Energy, but my bedroom system (similar in size to yours) has a Yamaha 465 and Energy RC-10s, which sound terrific together. The RC Minis would need a sub to fill out the bottom end, but so would the C-50s.

Joe Clark

Joseph Clark is online now  
Old 05-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Advanced Member
 
knight_40k's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Canada
Posts: 692
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by subiefast View Post

I just finished changing up my setup. The wires are still a little messy, but I'm too tired to take care of it right now.

My living room setup has:

Home Theater PC with windows media center

*cut*

A little off topic but what exactly does windows media center do or whats so great about it? For me I go about hooking my pc to my HT is via a long HDMI wire to my receiver for video/sound and just use dual monitors with my pc screen and tv. Usually I leave my pc gaming to its setup w/ 24" LCD 1920x1200 res and Veritas . So I guess what I'm asking is what benefits does 'media center' bring to this operation? I have multiple PC's in my house for gaming network, and could dedicate one to HTPC if there is a plus.
knight_40k is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 08:19 PM
Member
 
jiggamandan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 146
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
C100 stands anyone?? need them to get the speakers higher than a back of a couch.
jiggamandan is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 08:20 PM
Senior Member
 
DAC21's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Posts: 395
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrainxc View Post

Hey guys, I'm trying to avoid a HTIB for a 5.1 setup and really like what everyone is saying about Energy. I want to know what people think of this setup before I go ahead with it. I could be way off but I'm hoping some people can help me out. I am looking for good sounding, small discrete speakers with a reciever for movies (I'm fine with 5.1 surround) and music (rock,pop,hip-hop), all hooked up via HDMI. I would like to keep everything under $1,000 (looking around $700). I already have a 10" Infinity entrasub which I plan on keeping (it's old but still sounds excellent to me).

Here's my setup:

14'x10' room
52" sony xbr6 LCD
Sony PS3 for games/bluray
Digital Cable Box

I'm thinking of the following:

4x Energy C-50 speakers
1x Energy CC50 Center Channel
(I'm reading that this selection would be much better than the energy take classic or rc-mini, is this true?)

I'm lost for recievers. Can anyone suggest anything for me? How's the Yamaha 6160, Sony DG920 (highly rated on cnet, cool GUI), or something from Denon, HK, Onkyo??

Thanks for your help!

Your room is borderline for the Take. Having said that I'd recommend the C-100 up front...C-C50 CC. and C-50 rears. If space allows C-100 rears as well since they are probably cheaper than th e C-50 anyway. RC Mini is better than the C-50...maybe the C-100 as well for smaller rooms with a decent sub.
DAC21 is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 08:24 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
Joseph Clark's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2002
Location: St. Louis, MO
Posts: 10,496
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_40k View Post

A little off topic but what exactly does windows media center do or whats so great about it? For me I go about hooking my pc to my HT is via a long HDMI wire to my receiver for video/sound and just use dual monitors with my pc screen and tv, but all the gaming/movies is on HT screen/sound (when I want it to be, usually its on my pc w/ 24" LCD 1920x1200 res and Veritas ). So I guess what I'm asking is what benefits does 'media center' bring to this operation? I have multiple PC's in my house for gaming network, and could dedicate one to HTPC if there is a plus.

I'd like to know the answer to this, too. I've never used Media Center, since it seems to add an extra layer between me and my media that's unnecessary. I have an Octava 4x4 HDMI matrix switcher that allows me to send my computer signal (audio and video from a Radeon 4850) to any or all of my 1080p display devices anywhere in the house. I have a remote mouse and keyboard at all the locations, so I can control the HTPC from anywhere. Media Center gets in the way of that simple process. For a remote, I use a Harmony set up as a Media Center remote for those occasions when I want to use it to control Blu-ray playback in PowerDVD.

Joe Clark

Joseph Clark is online now  
Old 05-27-2009, 08:26 PM
Senior Member
 
dlbsyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Irving, Tx
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just an observation. I have the port plugs in the c-100's and set to small speakers on my Yamaha receiver. With the c-300's, no port plugs, large speakers on the Yamaha there is still more bass on the c-100's. This can't be correct. Also I noticed that when I set the auto calibration on the Yamaha it sets the phase on my sub as reversed when I have the c-300's connected? It doesn't do it with the c-100's connected. What do you think.

-Will
dlbsyst is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 08:50 PM
Senior Member
 
Rustdust's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Asheville, NC USofA
Posts: 292
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Just got my RC-Mini's today, got the ones from clearance at Vann's for 89 ea. cherry. I ran trough a listening session, unhooked the RC-10's and replaced with the Mini, damn those little suckers sound good compared to the size they are, seems almost a shame to use as surrounds with the 10's. While I was listening I cranked it up a time or two, not too high though, I started smelling a electrical burn, thought it was the receiver but the sent was stronger near the speakers so I sniff the port hole (don't laugh) and....man what a stench, speakers still sound fine but has anybody else experienced that? Is that how I greet my new speakers....
Rustdust is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 09:05 PM
Advanced Member
 
Bama29's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 805
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbsyst View Post

Just an observation. I have the port plugs in the c-100's and set to small speakers on my Yamaha receiver. With the c-300's, no port plugs, large speakers on the Yamaha there is still more bass on the c-100's. This can't be correct. Also I noticed that when I set the auto calibration on the Yamaha it sets the phase on my sub as reversed when I have the c-300's connected? It doesn't do it with the c-100's connected. What do you think.

-Will

You should set the C-300's on the receiver to small speakers and the crossover on your receiver at around 80.
Bama29 is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 09:08 PM
Newbie
 
atrainxc's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thanks for the advice. After researching more, I'm going to go with 4 RC Micros (the deal from vanns). Should I also go with the RC Mini Center Channel or another type for the center? Then that leaves the reciever which I'm still puzzled on... Any other input?
atrainxc is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 09:28 PM
Senior Member
 
dlbsyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Irving, Tx
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bama29 View Post

You should set the C-300's on the receiver to small speakers and the crossover on your receiver at around 80.

Yea, I tried that. Actually the Yamaha set the crossover at 80 hz. Also set the c-100's there. The c-300's just seem to lack bass compared to the 100's.
I don't think small speakers should have more bass than the large ones under the same conditions.

-Will
dlbsyst is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 09:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
subiefast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by knight_40k View Post

A little off topic but what exactly does windows media center do or whats so great about it? For me I go about hooking my pc to my HT is via a long HDMI wire to my receiver for video/sound and just use dual monitors with my pc screen and tv. Usually I leave my pc gaming to its setup w/ 24" LCD 1920x1200 res and Veritas . So I guess what I'm asking is what benefits does 'media center' bring to this operation? I have multiple PC's in my house for gaming network, and could dedicate one to HTPC if there is a plus.

I personally don't game on my HTPC either. I'm sure it would be fun though. Basically, windows media center can handle all your movies, cable/sat tv, photos, music, netflix, and has some extra "media channels". It's a pretty slick program, and can be completely controlled via remote. I like the cable tv so far, and much prefer the guide to my cable box guide. I also have all my mp3s on there, and it automatically downloads all the music, cover art, and what not for it. I have all my photos for slide shows, and you can even play custom background music during the slide show. I also keep a pretty big collection of mkv HD movies, and it bitstreams audio to the receiver via hdmi. I took home a spare pc from work, and used it. It also automatically downloads, the movie info like the cast and such. The remote works well to, I use a harmony 1000. When it turns the pc off, it's really in standby mode, and when it wakes up it's automatically in media center.

If you have an extra one laying around, you might as well try it, and see if you like it. I will say, it's not for everyone though. Pretty soon, there will be a sound card that can decode HD audio as well.

It does take some work to get it right though. I ran XP at first, and couldn't get it to work the way I wanted. Now, I'm using Windows 7 RC, and it works wonderfully. It takes awhile to customize it to the way you want as well, but in my imo, it's worth it.

I do the same thing with the hdmi cable to the receiver. I have all my inputs going to the receiver, and a single long hdmi cable going to the PJ,

Some people prefer the free program "media portal" over media center. I like both, and sometimes alternate. Both work with media center remote.
subiefast is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 09:35 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
batpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 25,015
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1148 Post(s)
Liked: 1593
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbsyst View Post

Yea, I tried that. Actually the Yamaha set the crossover at 80 hz. Also set the c-100's there. The c-300's just seem to lack bass compared to the 100's.
I don't think small speakers should have more bass than the large ones under the same conditions.

-Will

something is obviously wrong, the C-300's should have much more bass than the C-100's. are the jumpers in place between the four binding posts?

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
batpig is online now  
Old 05-27-2009, 09:37 PM
AVS Special Member
 
subiefast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by dlbsyst View Post

Yea, I tried that. Actually the Yamaha set the crossover at 80 hz. Also set the c-100's there. The c-300's just seem to lack bass compared to the 100's.
I don't think small speakers should have more bass than the large ones under the same conditions.

-Will

I own both the c-100s, and c-300s as well. The c-300s absolutely crush the c-100s in bass output.
subiefast is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 09:37 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
batpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 25,015
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1148 Post(s)
Liked: 1593
subie - nice setup, although brutha needs to get a flash!

it startled me how much smaller the C-50's look than the C-100's when they are sitting right next to each other. I didn't realize the difference was that big! definitely a consideration for those who will be wall-mounting as surrounds.

what do you think about the iQ1's right next to the couch in the living room HT setup? do they get really directional? BTW, the screen looks awesome, my wife would kill me if I suggested that

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
batpig is online now  
Old 05-27-2009, 09:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
subiefast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

subie - nice setup, although brutha needs to get a flash!

it startled me how much smaller the C-50's look than the C-100's when they are sitting right next to each other. I didn't realize the difference was that big! definitely a consideration for those who will be wall-mounting as surrounds.

what do you think about the iQ1's right next to the couch in the living room HT setup? do they get really directional? BTW, the screen looks awesome, my wife would kill me if I suggested that

Lol. I never know where the digi cam is, as the wife is the one that takes care of that stuff. I always end up using the crappy camera on my blackberry.

Yeah, the size difference is huge between the c-100, and c-50. It's similar to the c-c100, and c-c50. I'd feel uncomfortable mounting the c-100s on the wall, as they're quite a bit larger, and heavier than the c-50s. I'd like to see a c-200 in person.

The IQ1's are a bit directional when your sitting on the couch. The only time it's not is when you're sitting right in the middle of the couch in between the two cushions. I really wish I had room to space them out a bit more.

My wife definitely did not approve the screen. I ordered it without her knowing, and had a buddy help me put everything up before she got home from work. I was in the dog house for quite awhile, but it was totally worth it. Now she absolutely loves it though, and is saying that she can't watch movies without it.
subiefast is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 10:02 PM
Senior Member
 
dlbsyst's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Irving, Tx
Posts: 302
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by batpig View Post

something is obviously wrong, the C-300's should have much more bass than the C-100's. are the jumpers in place between the four binding posts?

Quote:
Originally Posted by subiefast View Post

I own both the c-100s, and c-300s as well. The c-300s absolutely crush the c-100s in bass output.

The jumbers are in place. Wires are correct. There must be something wrong internally with these speakers. I am contacting Audio advisor tomorrow.

-Will
dlbsyst is offline  
Old 05-27-2009, 10:05 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
batpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 25,015
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1148 Post(s)
Liked: 1593
Quote:
Originally Posted by subiefast View Post

My wife definitely did not approve the screen. I ordered it without her knowing, and had a buddy help me put everything up before she got home from work. I was in the dog house for quite awhile, but it was totally worth it. Now she absolutely loves it though, and is saying that she can't watch movies without it.

Nice! I think the official slogan of AVS is "forgiveness is easier to get than permission"

batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
batpig is online now  
Old 05-27-2009, 10:25 PM
AVS Addicted Member
 
batpig's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: San Diego
Posts: 25,015
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1148 Post(s)
Liked: 1593
Quote:
Originally Posted by 80sRule View Post

I second this identification. They are 22.2s.

do you know much about them? I only know what I have dug up looking at old brochures online and whatnot.

there's also a pair on ebay, but they seem to be quasi-floorstanders with a stand... whereas the ones posted above are floorstanders. were there two versions of 22.2?

hopefully the tweeter doesn't look like the one on ebay!!


batpig's "Denon-to-English Dictionary"
Setup Guide and FAQ
http://batpigworld.com/

Become a fan "batpigworld.com" on Facebook!
batpig is online now  
Old 05-27-2009, 10:30 PM
AVS Special Member
 
subiefast's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Posts: 1,672
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by atrainxc View Post

Hey guys, I'm trying to avoid a HTIB for a 5.1 setup and really like what everyone is saying about Energy. I want to know what people think of this setup before I go ahead with it. I could be way off but I'm hoping some people can help me out. I am looking for good sounding, small discrete speakers with a reciever for movies (I'm fine with 5.1 surround) and music (rock,pop,hip-hop), all hooked up via HDMI. I would like to keep everything under $1,000 (looking around $700). I already have a 10" Infinity entrasub which I plan on keeping (it's old but still sounds excellent to me).

Here's my setup:

14'x10' room
52" sony xbr6 LCD
Sony PS3 for games/bluray
Digital Cable Box

I'm thinking of the following:

4x Energy C-50 speakers
1x Energy CC50 Center Channel
(I'm reading that this selection would be much better than the energy take classic or rc-mini, is this true?)

I'm lost for recievers. Can anyone suggest anything for me? How's the Yamaha 6160, Sony DG920 (highly rated on cnet, cool GUI), or something from Denon, HK, Onkyo??

Thanks for your help!

RC-minis would be better. You may need a sub as well. The energy esw-v8 is small, and on sale at wwstereo.com

The onkyo 507 would be the cheapest receiver that can decode hd audio that I can think of.
subiefast is offline  
 

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off