AVS Forum banner
5M views 57K replies 3K participants last post by  caper_1 
#1 ·
Unless I missed it I have noticed there is no thread for Energy owners so I thought I'd start one.

Just a place to discuss information about what line of speakers you have, what you use them for (ie music, HT etc) and what system you match them with. Its also great to hear about the different lines that Energy carry and am curious to hear what owners have to say (like the new Reference Connoisseur for instance).

I am currently running the Take 5 system with the e:XL-S10 sub. However I have recently purchased the Connoisseur Line including:

Fronts: C-3 Bookshelf

Center: C-C1 Center

Surround: C-R3's.

I run the Take's with a Onkyo TX-DS656 Receiver (soon to be replaced) and a Toshiba DVD player. New LCD to make the whole package complete soon..:)

So, post your Energy set-ups and opinions.

Thanks

See less See more
#62 ·
I've finally decided to go with Energy. I'll be purchasing a pair of C3's for my fronts, C1's for surrounds, and the CC1 center speaker. I haven't decided on a sub yet, but will probably go with Velodyne, SVS, or I may even build my own. I'll be driving everything with an HK AVR 430 and either a Cambridge Audio or NAD dvd player. Any opinions on this setup? Thanks.

#63 ·
As much as I really liked my Athenas, I have the entire Audition Series, I absoultly love the Connoisseur's!

The C-C3 is an amazing speaker! I bought three of them for $298 each and liked them so much I tried to buy two more but they were out!

I am using the C-3's for my surrounds and just added a pair of C-1's for my rear surrounds. The C-1 really impressed me, a lot of quality sound from such a small speaker, hard to tell the difference between them and the C-3's but I have not had that much time to do any critical listening.

I am also trying to locate a pair of the C-R3 Surround Speakers in Maple to match my others or White but have been unable to locate them.

I am sold on having my front three speakers matched, presents a really nice soundstage. I really, really love the looks of the new RC-LCR and am thinking about moving to them or all the way up the the V.'s now.

#64 ·
I also love my Connoisseur's!

for my computer

C-3's in a 2.1 config with a

S10.3 (sub)

Denon AVR 2106

5.1 HT consists of

RC-70 pair (fronts -- these freaking own)

RC-LCR (center)

RC-R pair (rears)

Mirage Omni S12 pair (subs)

Denon AVR 3805

My other HT is Klipsch reference.... I'll leave that part off this thread, lol.

#65 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskeezer /forum/post/0

I've finally decided to go with Energy. I'll be purchasing a pair of C3's for my fronts, C1's for surrounds, and the CC1 center speaker. I haven't decided on a sub yet, but will probably go with Velodyne, SVS, or I may even build my own. I'll be driving everything with an HK AVR 430 and either a Cambridge Audio or NAD dvd player. Any opinions on this setup? Thanks.

Sounds like a good plan to me.

#66 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by [LMS]007 /forum/post/0

I also love my Connoisseur's!

for my computer

C-3's in a 2.1 config with a

S10.3 (sub)

Denon AVR 2106

5.1 HT consists of

RC-70 pair (fronts -- these freaking own)

RC-LCR (center)

RC-R pair (rears)

Mirage Omni S12 pair (subs)

Denon AVR 3805

My other HT is Klipsch reference.... I'll leave that part off this thread, lol.

Wow, you are definitely wired for good sound....the RC-70's are stunning.

#71 ·
ScottS, almost the exact set I have except I have the C-R3's for the back and a older XL-S10 Energy sub.

Other then the sub (which I have connected to the Take 5's) I still have not hooked up my Connoisseur line as we wait to move into our new place. Its tough just staring at them in their respective boxes.....

Question for Energy guru's.... I'm looking at either the new Denon 2807 or H/K 640 to replace an older Onkyo I have now and am wondering which would best match the Energy's?

I think for HT they will both excel, I'm more curious about stereo and music performance as I spend a lot of time (60/40 music to movie split) listening to music. I'm leaning towards the H/K but am curious which will give the best neutral sound?

My set-up again is:

2x C-3's - fronts

C-C1 center

C-r3's surround

XL-S10 sub

Thanks in advance....

#72 ·
Glad to see everyone talking about Energy! I love mine. I have c-7s, cc3, cr3s, and the 12 in sub....using a yamaha v1500 to power them....It sounds great! I recently purchased a pair of c9s as well to replace my c7s. Im going to move the c7s in my bedroom. Even with my new purchase of the c9s I have only spent 1600.00! I got very lucky and walked into a store that REALLY wanted to get rid of them because they were about to move to a new location and didnt want to move them. I have been extremly happy with all of my Energy speakers! I would really like to hear the new stuff but Im afraid I will want to buy them too!

There is a dealer in OK that had several CC3s but not sure what they were asking for them. I just dont remember what city it was in. Sorry!! I will see if I can find it again for you.

#73 ·
Cdnhifi, Denons and Energy speakers go great together. I use one with mine and it really makes them sing. The best thing to do if possible, would be to buy them both if possible, or 1 at a time, and just see how the sound to your ears. Take back the one you like the least.

#74 ·
Scott, I hear ya about testing them. However, a lot of places where I will be looking for these units don't really allow to purchase and test.... at least I don't think so. The more audiophile stores do of course but I will look around.

I found a local dealer here that carries both brands so hopefully I can bring my C-3's in and test both out... or like you said maybe bring them home.

I think I talked before that I spoke to a sales rep at A&B Sound and he strongly encouraged matching Energy's with Denon power as well.... I'm really looking forward to the new Denon 2807. But the new Harman Kardon also looks promising... either way I will do my homework before pulling the trigger.

Thanks for the info...

#75 ·

Quote:
Originally Posted by mskeezer /forum/post/0

For the sub, how about sticking w/ Energy? As an alternative, there are some good prices on Mirage S10 and S12. I have an S10 in a 2100ft3 room and am satisfied.

I'm driving my C5, C3, C-C1, S10 setup w/ a Panasonic XR-55 and am well pleased.

#76 ·
G'day, Am new at this whole forum thing so go easy on me okay

I wonder if anyone can tell me what they think of the following system. My parents are building a new house with a dedicated theatre room about 13' x 16'. I have been listening to a heap of speakers here in Perth, Western Australia (Mirage, Tannoy, Focal, Polk & Energy). I thought I'd decided on Tannoy until I listened to them for the second time, and they just didn't seem to have the same sparkle as the first time. The Polks (Rti 10's) sounded fantastic but from reviews I've read need massive power to make them shine. I listened to Energy C5's and C7's and loved the C7's. Ive heard people say that the C7's lack bass but I found them to be extremely nice to listen to (even comparing to B&W's) and the bass seemed fine (obviously better with the sub to fill in the lower freq's). Anyway heres the system, could you let me know if you have any thoughts.

Fronts - C7's

Centre - CC1

Rears - CR1's

Sub - 10.3

Integra 6.5 Amp

Also, I had one salesperson say that he had seen a lot of probs with the Tweeters in the Energy Connoisseur range...Has anyone found this to be true?!!!

#80 ·
MG77, there is a new C-series that replaces the C-1/C-3 etc, the new ones have numbers like C-200. So yes, the C series has been pulled from production and Energy is probably clearing out their warehouse as we speak.