Energy Owners Thread - Page 7 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 85Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #181 of 52805 Old 03-23-2006, 06:29 PM
Senior Member
 
starcycle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by kwtoxman View Post

The C-3's aren't bad, because they will all match (i.e, better than the athena/energy combo), but the C-C3 with it's dual driver design and hyperbolic tweeter is a better centre channel speaker because it will have better dispersion and off-axis listening. One person said something interesting to me last week on the identical l/c/r speaker concept (I had similar thoughts).... "there is a reason these companies design specific centre channel speakers"..... centre channels are designed for "flat response over a very wide horizontal plane, and drastically improved wide and constant dispersion". Just look at the driver positioning.

that's what i always thought too, kwtoxman, until i found this site and saw so many people recommending 3 bookshelves across the front as close to the "ideal." that's why i was surprised to see people saying it wasn't a good idea with the C-3s.

anyway, congratulations on the veritases. it looks like i was too late on the c-c3 anyway. :P i might just pick up a c-c1 for now until i can find a c-c3 to upgrade to later. AA let me cancel the B1.2s -- great place, super nice folks i was dealing with. i think i found some C-1s at a good price, too, so everything is finally starting to come together. i can't wait to hear these energies.
starcycle is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #182 of 52805 Old 03-23-2006, 09:05 PM
Senior Member
 
kwtoxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 447
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcycle View Post

that's what i always thought too, kwtoxman, until i found this site and saw so many people recommending 3 bookshelves across the front as close to the "ideal." that's why i was surprised to see people saying it wasn't a good idea with the C-3s.

anyway, congratulations on the veritases. it looks like i was too late on the c-c3 anyway. :P i might just pick up a c-c1 for now until i can find a c-c3 to upgrade to later. AA let me cancel the B1.2s -- great place, super nice folks i was dealing with. i think i found some C-1s at a good price, too, so everything is finally starting to come together. i can't wait to hear these energies.

Thx.

Here is another interesting and recent discussion on identical l/c/r's. http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showthread.php?t=659429
kwtoxman is offline  
post #183 of 52805 Old 03-23-2006, 11:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
AudioArchitect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,679
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundlovr View Post

I also can't imagine someone with normal hearing saying that the soundstage is limited and the mid-bass is thin. I listen and I hear those as strengths of the speaker

Dont worry about that BS review. I have worked with Energy products for 7 years and they have only gotten better over the years. I am one of the only Energy dealers in Southern California and we demo the whole line of Energy products including the Reference Connoisseur. I recommend the RC line specifically to people who dont have any sidewalls nearby because they have such great dispersion and soundstage that they are ideal in an open room. Paired with a good receiver or amplifier the Energy has incredible midbass energy and far from thin. They can actually have too much bass if they arent given 3 foot of space between the back walls and speakers.

The thing I like most about this new line is the use of the Veritas hyperbolic tweeter in the RC line. I have always loved the way the Veritas tweeter can sound very dynamic without sounding harsh at all. I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about them. Most magazine reviews are ad-driven, so whoever pays the most ad dollars get the most reviews. No rely on a magazine review instead form an opinion at your local dealer.
AudioArchitect is offline  
post #184 of 52805 Old 03-23-2006, 11:59 PM
Member
 
jbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
kwtoxman,

If you don't mind my asking, how much did you sell your C-C3 for? I'm considering selling mine to get the RC-LCR to match my RC-70's if it doesn't put me out of pocket too much. I'm also curious about where you sold it (I'm in Toronto)...

Has anybody heard the RC-LCR? Is it much of a step up from C-C3?
jbone is offline  
post #185 of 52805 Old 03-24-2006, 07:07 AM
Senior Member
 
kwtoxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 447
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioArchitect View Post

Dont worry about that BS review. I have worked with Energy products for 7 years and they have only gotten better over the years. I am one of the only Energy dealers in Southern California and we demo the whole line of Energy products including the Reference Connoisseur. I recommend the RC line specifically to people who dont have any sidewalls nearby because they have such great dispersion and soundstage that they are ideal in an open room. Paired with a good receiver or amplifier the Energy has incredible midbass energy and far from thin. They can actually have too much bass if they arent given 3 foot of space between the back walls and speakers.

The thing I like most about this new line is the use of the Veritas hyperbolic tweeter in the RC line. I have always loved the way the Veritas tweeter can sound very dynamic without sounding harsh at all. I have absolutely nothing but good things to say about them. Most magazine reviews are ad-driven, so whoever pays the most ad dollars get the most reviews. No rely on a magazine review instead form an opinion at your local dealer.

The RC's don't have the veritas tweeters. The veritas series have the Convergent Source Module. The RC LCR uses the hyperbolic tweeter design from the original Connoisseur C=C3, which I really like as well. I think that is what you mean. The rest of the series use an all new chambered 1 aluminum dome tweeter.

kw.................
kwtoxman is offline  
post #186 of 52805 Old 03-24-2006, 07:13 AM
Senior Member
 
kwtoxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 447
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Jbone.

I sold mine in the GTA. Price is a little difficult to determine because I know I didn't get as good a price on the 2.0Ci as I would have with cash. But they also take care of me, So I don't mind.

I know a few people looking for the black C-C3. It should go on Audiogon fast too.

Depending on Colour and how desparate you are to sell I'd say $300 to $400 CAD.

kw............
kwtoxman is offline  
post #187 of 52805 Old 03-24-2006, 07:37 AM
Member
 
jbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I have to admit that when I bought the C-C3 it made a huge improvement to my sound, and I still think it sounds amazing, so I'm not in a big hurry to upgrade... It just would be 'nice' to mach my cherry RC-70's in sound and appearance (my c-c3 is black) if it's actually worthwhile.

KW, I misread your post earlier and I didn't notice that you did a trade-in... Where was that?
jbone is offline  
post #188 of 52805 Old 03-24-2006, 08:16 AM
Senior Member
 
starcycle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i'd be interested in a C-C3. if you get the upgrade bug and decide to sell it, send me an email.
starcycle is offline  
post #189 of 52805 Old 03-24-2006, 09:09 AM
Senior Member
 
kwtoxman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: Canada
Posts: 447
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Jbone,

I completely agree. The C-C3 is a great speaker. And a big step up from the C-C1. A superior centre channel to most out there, imo.

I traded in at Canadian Sound.

thx

kw.........
kwtoxman is offline  
post #190 of 52805 Old 03-24-2006, 09:31 AM
Advanced Member
 
Ranger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2001
Location: Hotlanta, GA
Posts: 852
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I was lucky to score a almost new black C-C3 dealer demo last month. This is one big bad center channel weighing in at 30+ lbs. With its dual 6.5" woofers it's perfect timbre-matched for my C-3's. I'm not letting this baby go anytime soon...
Ranger is offline  
post #191 of 52805 Old 03-24-2006, 01:40 PM
Newbie
 
BigBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mskeezer View Post

Anyone have any experience with either the Energy 10.2 sub or the S8.3?


yeah............I have a brand new Energy S8.3 sub-woofer. It is a nice piece!

However, just getting to learn it's potential in the last few weeks. But in general sounds good!

I'm using all new Energy C-Series- ie. C-300's (fronts), C-50's (rear-surrounds), C-C100 (center).

These are the best speakers out there right now for the price- quality contruction, materials, and sound.

Anyone can show me any other product this good at this value please let me know.

BB
BigBlack is offline  
post #192 of 52805 Old 03-24-2006, 02:20 PM
Newbie
 
BigBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigBlack View Post

yeah............I have a brand new Energy S8.3 sub-woofer. It is a nice piece!

However, just getting to learn it's potential in the last few weeks. But in general sounds good!

I'm using all new Energy C-Series- ie. C-300's (fronts), C-50's (rear-surrounds), C-C100 (center).

These are the best speakers out there right now for the price- quality contruction, materials, and sound.

Anyone can show me any other product this good at this value please let me know.

BB



Also................my Home Theater consists of the following:

Yamaha RX-V1600 AV Receiver, HDMI
Sony DVP-NS90V DVD-SACD, HDMI
Sony RDR-HX715 DVR/HD, HDMI
HP LC2640N LCD HDTV
Energy C-Series speakers (5.1)- ie. C300's (fronts), C-C100 (center), C-50's (surrounds), S8.3 (sub-woofer)
Monster HTS 1600 power center

This is my first Home Theater system. I wanted to have very hi-end/powerful sound with excellent video potential but somewhat compact in size to fit my room. And I believe I accomplished just that.

The sound is stunning! Dolby Digital 5.1 is impressive for cable channel movies. DTS is very cool for DVD live concert footage.

Energy C-Series provide very nice sound stage, with smooth bass.

Moreover, I believe Yamaha/Energy is a very nice match, and somewhat popular right now. It seems Denon/Energy is popular as well.

I'm happy to see this Energy thread out there.

BB
BigBlack is offline  
post #193 of 52805 Old 03-24-2006, 03:42 PM
Senior Member
 
starcycle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: NY
Posts: 253
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
is the C-C100 the replacement for the C-C1?
starcycle is offline  
post #194 of 52805 Old 03-24-2006, 05:32 PM
Newbie
 
BigBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Location: Pasadena, CA
Posts: 9
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by starcycle View Post

is the C-C100 the replacement for the C-C1?


I believe, yes, the C-C100 is the replacement for the C-C1.

The C-C100 is a beautiful piece! I have cherry finish. It handles up to 125 watts per/chan., with frequency range of 50Hz to 20kHz.


While the C-C1 has same power-handling specs and is a very good speaker as well. Frequency range is 50Hz to 23 kHz.

I had C-5's before, e:XL-C center, and Take 2 surrounds. I still have C-5's if anyone is interested (only like 70 hours on them, black).

Once I got a look at the new C-Series I could not resist (especially for the price).

I believe I paid like $250.00 (US) for the C-C100 .

BB
BigBlack is offline  
post #195 of 52805 Old 04-03-2006, 02:44 PM
Senior Member
 
JaceTheAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Alright, I finally took pics of my home theater in progress (it's always in progress). Complete with all Energy speakers!

Click here for my home theater pics
JaceTheAce is offline  
post #196 of 52805 Old 04-03-2006, 05:32 PM
Member
 
jbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Since we're sharing, here's a pic of my setup...

Speakers:
Mains: Energy RC-70
Centre: Energy C-C3
Rears: Energy C-R3 (I know you can't see them, but just pretend, ok? )

In my console, I've got:
ProScan VCR (remember those!?)
Sony DVP-NS400D DVD player
Pioneer VSX-D457 receiver (driving a pair of Energy XL:16's in the bedroom)
NAD T743 receiver
Dell W3000 LCD Flatscreen
LL
jbone is offline  
post #197 of 52805 Old 04-03-2006, 05:53 PM
AVS Special Member
 
warpdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaceTheAce View Post

Alright, I finally took pics of my home theater in progress (it's always in progress). Complete with all Energy speakers!

Click here for my home theater pics

Nice pics.
Comment though: you are not doing your center any favours. The way it's placed, you are getting diffraction and reflection effects from the table it's sitting on. You might want to move it out to the edge of the table at least. Ideally, it should be sitting on a short stand for best sound.

Certified Ultra Professional AVS Special Member Class A
warpdrive is offline  
post #198 of 52805 Old 04-03-2006, 06:07 PM
Senior Member
 
JaceTheAce's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: San Diego, CA
Posts: 216
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post

Nice pics.
Comment though: you are not doing your center any favours. The way it's placed, you are getting diffraction and reflection effects from the table it's sitting on. You might want to move it out to the edge of the table at least. Ideally, it should be sitting on a short stand for best sound.

One of these days I will get rid of that entertainment center. It's just not working for the best screen position. It forces me to move the screen up higher than I want it, and yes, I would prefer to have the center on a stand. I think the speaker resonance may vibrate the cheap Ikea partical board and have an adverse effect on the sound.

Do you think I'd benefit by placing the speaker within the entertainment center, like inside one of the cubbies where my a/v equipment goes?
JaceTheAce is offline  
post #199 of 52805 Old 04-03-2006, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
warpdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaceTheAce View Post

Do you think I'd benefit by placing the speaker within the entertainment center, like inside one of the cubbies where my a/v equipment goes?

That'd be better probably, but your timbre is going to be different from your mains until you get them freestanding.

Certified Ultra Professional AVS Special Member Class A
warpdrive is offline  
post #200 of 52805 Old 04-03-2006, 06:40 PM
AVS Special Member
 
warpdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by JaceTheAce View Post

Do you think I'd benefit by placing the speaker within the entertainment center, like inside one of the cubbies where my a/v equipment goes?

That'd be better probably, but your timbre is going to be different from your mains until you get them freestanding.

Certified Ultra Professional AVS Special Member Class A
warpdrive is offline  
post #201 of 52805 Old 04-03-2006, 09:08 PM
AVS Special Member
 
cyberbri's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 8,095
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 53
It would sound best on the front edge of the TV stand (maybe a little over the edge if possible), possibly tilted up slightly towards the listening position. This is closest to the same vertical axis as the left/right speakers. Putting speakers in things should be avoided if possible, but if unavoidable, they should at least be on the edge or out over the edge of the sides due to dispersion.
cyberbri is offline  
post #202 of 52805 Old 04-03-2006, 09:40 PM
Member
 
jbone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Toronto, Canada
Posts: 101
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
That's a good idea, thanks! I've pushed my centre forward now as well.
jbone is offline  
post #203 of 52805 Old 04-04-2006, 06:22 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WestCoastD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: California
Posts: 7,393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post

That'd be better probably, but your timbre is going to be different from your mains until you get them freestanding.

Hi:

I'm a little new to this HT/AV world.........but I'm curious as to what you mean by the timbre being different from the mains- ie. is this because the center is resting on top of something different (as in the cabinet), creating a different acoustic effect than free-standing speakers?

Do you thinks it's better to use rubber feet underneath a center-speaker placed on a glass shelf, within a new/modern AV stand, or just place it flat against the glass?

Appreciate your input!
WestCoastD is offline  
post #204 of 52805 Old 04-05-2006, 03:34 AM
AVS Special Member
 
WestCoastD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: California
Posts: 7,393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 31
here's a few shot's of my HT.

You're looking at new C-300's (mains), C-C100 (inside stand), S8.3 (sub-woofer).

Powered by Yamaha RX-V1600; Sony DVP-NS90V DVD/SACD player; Sony RDR-HX715 DVR; Monster HTS-1600 power center; Scientific Atlanta, Explorer 8300HD cable box.

Only problem I have is Bello stand, glass shelve dimensions, preventing me from extending the C-C100 center out to front edge. A metal railing piece is in the way. I think this is effecting the center output- it's slightly shallow.

Actually prefer having wide AV stand with small HP LC2640N LCD HDTV, it looks elegant and roomy.
LL
LL
WestCoastD is offline  
post #205 of 52805 Old 04-05-2006, 07:50 AM
AVS Special Member
 
warpdrive's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: Ontario, Canada
Posts: 4,100
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 34
Quote:
Originally Posted by WestCoastD View Post

Hi:

I'm a little new to this HT/AV world.........but I'm curious as to what you mean by the timbre being different from the mains- ie. is this because the center is resting on top of something different (as in the cabinet), creating a different acoustic effect than free-standing speakers?

yes, by putting it in a cabinet, you are basically changing the surface area of the enclosure, and it will sound different than if it was freestanding.
Quote:


Do you thinks it's better to use rubber feet underneath a center-speaker placed on a glass shelf, within a new/modern AV stand, or just place it flat against the glass?

Little rubber feet is fine as long as they aren't too spongy.

Certified Ultra Professional AVS Special Member Class A
warpdrive is offline  
post #206 of 52805 Old 04-05-2006, 10:52 AM
Senior Member
 
TommmyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 390
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
C-8's - Mains
AC-300 - Centre
C-1's - Rears
S12.3 - Sub
Pioneer 56TXi - Receiver
Pioneer 4360 Plasma
Bell 6200 Receiver
Sony 775 DVD player

I have had my C-8's for 5 or 6 years and am wondering if the new reference C's would be a major improvement. I have also thought of buying a power amp for the C-8's to give them more power. I have heard the C-8's need plenty of power to get the best sound out of them. Anyone else have C-8's and went with the newer Energy lines? Thanks
TommmyJ is offline  
post #207 of 52805 Old 04-05-2006, 12:17 PM
Member
 
spkerguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Posts: 106
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
It is great to see an Energy speakers thread on here. I'm a proud owner of a 2.4i veritas setup with center 2.0i and rears as well. These are awesome for HT and with good source music material. I bought a pair of C-9s for my inlaws this past holiday and decided to buy the CC3 center as well as the CR3 (I think that is the model number) for the rears. I was hoping my inlaws would be able to buy the front CC3 from me as well as the rears for them to have a complete set but it doesn't look like they want part with the money and I can't afford to give it to them for free. The speakers are bran new and still in the boxes in my living room with my wife rolling her eyes daily when she walks by them. I havn't completely decided on getting rid of them since I could always use it for a second system but probably should to appease the wife right now. PM me if you have any interest in one or all of them.

Ken
spkerguy is offline  
post #208 of 52805 Old 04-05-2006, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WestCoastD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: California
Posts: 7,393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by warpdrive View Post

yes, by putting it in a cabinet, you are basically changing the surface area of the enclosure, and it will sound different than if it was freestanding.

Little rubber feet is fine as long as they aren't too spongy.


Thanks for all your input!
I will definitely mount the rubber feet on the bottom of my center speaker. The ones that are included in the package by Energy seem to be mostly firm. I should have done this before placing it in the cabinet.
WestCoastD is offline  
post #209 of 52805 Old 04-05-2006, 03:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WestCoastD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: California
Posts: 7,393
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 28 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by TommmyJ View Post

C-8's - Mains
AC-300 - Centre
C-1's - Rears
S12.3 - Sub
Pioneer 56TXi - Receiver
Pioneer 4360 Plasma
Bell 6200 Receiver
Sony 775 DVD player

I have had my C-8's for 5 or 6 years and am wondering if the new reference C's would be a major improvement. I have also thought of buying a power amp for the C-8's to give them more power. I have heard the C-8's need plenty of power to get the best sound out of them. Anyone else have C-8's and went with the newer Energy lines? Thanks


Hey Tommy

I had C-5's powered with Yamaha RX-V1500 & RX-V1600 (both 120W per/chan X 7). They sound very nice, although I was told these speakers prefer more power to really push them properly (they have 150W max power handling). But I think these Yamaha/Energy combinations were just fine.

Not sure what the C-8's max power handling rating is?

However, now I've switched to the new C-300's. They actually have lower max-power range (ie. 125W), but sound very nice with the Yamaha RX-V1600 receiver- good match.

Moreover, if I had another chance I would prefer to have purchased the RC-30's (or RC-50's or RC-70's), these more than surpass any of the C-Series I believe.
WestCoastD is offline  
post #210 of 52805 Old 04-05-2006, 04:15 PM
Senior Member
 
TommmyJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2004
Location: Canada
Posts: 390
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 16
The C-8's are rated at 30-300 Watts RMS per channel according to the manual. I think I might look into a power amp for a least the front three speakers.
TommmyJ is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Energy , Energy Loudspeakers , Energy S8 3 Subwoofer , Energy S12 3 Subwoofer , Energy Take Lcr Speaker Single Black , Energy Take Sat Speaker Single Black , Onkyo Tx Ds 656 , Receivers Amplifiers , Osd Audio S 10 High Powered 10 Inch Home Theatre Subwoofer Black , Energy Speakers , Energy Speaker Systems , Energy C 100 Bookshelf Speakers , Energy Rc R Surround Speaker Black , Energy Bookshelf Speakers C 50

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off