5Likes

post #3631 of 3632 Old 10-21-2014, 02:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by tsal View Post
I am kind of lacking the words to describe the differences. Also the Helicon series and Rubicon series are somewhat hard to compare as Rubicon 2 lacks the ribbon, which is crucial for front soundstage in my opinion. I love Dali ribbon hybrid tweeter or should I say my ears love it. Helicon series has been my favorite until Epicon. For some reason I always thought Helicon 400/800 was better in "overall pleasantness" than Euphonia MS4. Never had the opportunity to properly test Euphonia MS5. Helicon was and still is simply awesome, I will always love them. As I was comparing the speakers for this moment, I simply tested them for surround and rear sound in a multichannel setup with Epicon front. As a stand alone two speaker setup, I would say that Helicon and Rubicon have different sound characteristics and it would be something that people should test themselves, which one they prefer. If you have had the opportunity to compare Epicon and Helicon... and knowing that the Rubicon series is much closer to Epicon than any of the previous Dali series speakers in overall "sound" then you know what to expect. If you have to use speakers from different series for a match with Epicon front, then Rubicon is a good choice in my current experience and better than Mentor/Helicon. If you go for Helicon front, then Rubicon will not help you as rear speakers and my advice would be to get a Helicon (or Euphonia?) series rear speakers.
I agree: if the Rubicon is like the Epicon, they will sound different from the Helicon series.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3632 of 3632 Old Yesterday, 10:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by strand_dk View Post
Got the Helicon 400 speakers for 6 years now, and still enjoy them every day. Had have a lot of different amps playing on them throw the years, April Stello, NAD M3, Primare and for now Harman Kardon HK 990. Trying to save up some money to maybe by the HALO 21, it is pretty expensive where i live, around $ 4000, money worth white the Dali's?.
I do not think that you will get much improvement compared to the NAD M3 you once had. Maybe the M3 is even better then the Halo 21, since it is dual mono integrated and very well built. You must have had a good reason to replace the NAD M3.. I wonder if the Halo 21 will bring you what you need. Maybe if you tell us why you want to change? Lack of power? Bass, too much? Imaging? If you suffered any of these problems with the NAD M3 in your system, then you can be sure that the Halo will not help you.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Dali Bookshelf Speaker , Dali Ikon Vokal 2 Mkii Center Channel Speaker , Dali

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page