Dali speakers - Page 123 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 8Likes
post #3661 of 3677 Unread 03-23-2015, 02:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 430 Post(s)
Liked: 167
Quote:
Originally Posted by eladrion View Post
hello guys i am gonna buy my first dali zensor setup and cant decide for the fronts.First i would like to say will be 80% for movies and 20% for music...my room is 3,5meterX3.5meter and i cant decide if i will buy the zensor 3 for fronts or zensor 5...any advice? the rest of the setup is : dali zensor 1(rear) ,dali zensor vokal(center),svs sub pb-1000,yamaha rx-v677...thank you for the answers!
Hi eladrion. You seem to be hesitating between a floorstander (Z5) and a bookshelf (Z3) type of array. While looking at the specs of both types the sensitivity is equal at 88 dB, so that's not a deciding factor. Max. SLP is also the same: 108 dB, impedance is also the same: 6 Ohm. IMHO a deciding factor should be placement. Do you have better room for a floorstander or a bookshelf type?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3662 of 3677 Unread 03-23-2015, 02:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_John View Post
What amp is that called, with the microphone that can measure room and out put accordingly?
Most of today's modern AVRs (Audio-Video Receivers) come with a digital room correction software and are bundled with a test microphone. Yahama calls it YPAO, Pioneer: MCACC, Denon/Marantz: Audyssey, etc. Do a bit of homework to study each. You will be pleased to see how modern technology advanced.

Hope this helps
post #3663 of 3677 Unread 03-23-2015, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Have a MARANTZ MCR510? Any idea?
post #3664 of 3677 Unread 03-23-2015, 04:22 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonathan_John View Post
Have a MARANTZ MCR510? Any idea?
This Marantz is not an AVR. If you'd like to upgrade to a Marantz with room correction software you need to look for a Marantz AV-Receiver: http://us.marantz.com/us/Products/Pa...Id=AVReceivers
post #3665 of 3677 Unread 04-03-2015, 04:38 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
My new speakers For me the sound is awesome
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1388.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	422.9 KB
ID:	643817  
eljr likes this.

Display: Samsung 46B750
Speakers: (2)Dali Lektor6(Front), (1)Dali Lektor LCR(Center), (2)Dali Lektor 2(Rear)
Sources: PS4(Blu-ray/Gaming), HTPC
Receiver: Yamaha v673
post #3666 of 3677 Unread 04-04-2015, 01:55 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogorf View Post
Most of today's modern AVRs (Audio-Video Receivers) come with a digital room correction software and are bundled with a test microphone. Yahama calls it YPAO, Pioneer: MCACC, Denon/Marantz: Audyssey, etc. Do a bit of homework to study each. You will be pleased to see how modern technology advanced.

Hope this helps

Don't forget Lyngdorf or Trinnov..

These days I use the Lyngdorf TDAI2170 (with RC) and 2 DALI Helicon 800mk2's. Sounds like magic.
post #3667 of 3677 Unread 04-14-2015, 06:07 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Hello to all,
I just want to buy the Dali Zensor 3 speakers but I need a recommendation for a good receiver to manage these speakers.
I need a receiver because I want to create a 5.1 system (Zensor 3+Zensor 1+ Zensor Vokal and in the end if it’s necessary I will buy a subwoofer). Can anyone recommend a receiver for these speakers? So far I have looked at Marantz Nr1504, Harman Kardon avr 151, Yamaha RX- V477, Denon AVR-1513 but I am opened to any suggestions.
Thank you,
Ciprian
post #3668 of 3677 Unread 04-14-2015, 11:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birau1982 View Post
Hello to all,
I just want to buy the Dali Zensor 3 speakers but I need a recommendation for a good receiver to manage these speakers.
I need a receiver because I want to create a 5.1 system (Zensor 3+Zensor 1+ Zensor Vokal and in the end if it’s necessary I will buy a subwoofer). Can anyone recommend a receiver for these speakers? So far I have looked at Marantz Nr1504, Harman Kardon avr 151, Yamaha RX- V477, Denon AVR-1513 but I am opened to any suggestions.
Thank you,
Ciprian
Hi Ciprian,

If I we you I would look for a Denon (or Marantz) with Audyssey MultEQ room correction on-board. MultEQ has different versions (MultEQ, MultEQ XT, MultEQ XT32). Of course the higher the version the more precise the correction will be, yet, at a more higher price.

The Denon AVR-1513 is the absolute entry level receiver that comes without Audyssey.

FYI, apart from having excellent speakers in your system (like Dali ) it is always an advantage to:

- make the proper speaker setup for a 5.1 system (like follow Dolby recommendations)
- use Audyssey coz it can make your Dalis shine!
- use Adyssey DynamicEQ feature which is a sophisticated loudness compensation solution to preserve spectral balance even when Master Volume is turned down

Hope this helps!
marky301067 likes this.
post #3669 of 3677 Unread 04-14-2015, 10:40 PM

Quote:
Hi Ciprian,

If I we you I would look for a Denon (or Marantz) with Audyssey MultEQ room correction on-board. MultEQ has different versions (MultEQ, MultEQ XT, MultEQ XT32). Of course the higher the version the more precise the correction will be, yet, at a more higher price.

The Denon AVR-1513 is the absolute entry level receiver that comes without Audyssey.

FYI, apart from having excellent speakers in your system (like Dali ) it is always an advantage to:

- make the proper speaker setup for a 5.1 system (like follow Dolby recommendations)
- use Audyssey coz it can make your Dalis shine!
- use Adyssey DynamicEQ feature which is a sophisticated loudness compensation solution to preserve spectral balance even when Master Volume is turned down

Hope this helps!
Thank you for your reply. I will look after the Denon AVR-X2100W or 1100 depending of the offer. Is the Denon the best solution for Dali speakers? I mean in this range price, I don't want to spend more money on the receiver, not more than 400-500 Euros.
Thanks,
Ciprian
post #3670 of 3677 Unread 04-15-2015, 03:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by birau1982 View Post
Thank you for your reply. I will look after the Denon AVR-X2100W or 1100 depending of the offer. Is the Denon the best solution for Dali speakers? I mean in this range price, I don't want to spend more money on the receiver, not more than 400-500 Euros.
Thanks,
Ciprian
Actually, there is no "best solution" for Dali speakers. What you need to compare is the power output of the amplifiers, and I can assure you that the X1100 or the X2100 will drive the 6 ohm Zenzors without problem.

I'm recommending Denon (or Marantz) for you because of Audyssey.

Good luck to you!
post #3671 of 3677 Unread 04-15-2015, 03:50 AM

Quote:
Actually, there is no "best solution" for Dali speakers. What you need to compare is the power output of the amplifiers, and I can assure you that the X1100 or the X2100 will drive the 6 ohm Zenzors without problem.

I'm recommending Denon (or Marantz) for you because of Audyssey.

Good luck to you!
Thank you!
post #3672 of 3677 Unread 04-17-2015, 06:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 18
So why is it dali does not get the same buzz and following as say dynaudio? Is it a marketing issues? Dali makes some superb speakers but simply does not seem to gain critical mass.
post #3673 of 3677 Unread Yesterday, 11:40 AM

I found someone locally selling a pair of DALI Zestra 7s in high gloss white for 700$. Used for around a year and pristine condition, does that sound reasonable? How do the speakers themselves compare to infinity p363s?

Thanks!
post #3674 of 3677 Unread Yesterday, 12:38 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
I am a proud owner of a pair of Ikon 6 MKIIs. While I have been focused on purely two-channel audio in the past, I have the itch to expand my system to include 5.1, since my system shares the living room with my TV.

Unfortunately, expanding the system with the Ikon Vokal and Ikon 1s may be out of my price range.

This leads me to the question of whether the Zensor range is voiced similarly enough to provide a good experience as a center channel to compliment my Ikons.

If not, I will have to turn to a lesser, completely separate system from my HiFi. This seems like the easiest solution, the only drawback being the placement of the additional L/R speakers. I would likely turn to bookshelfs that I would place on top of my Ikons, since my space does not allow a stand mount or additional floor-standing speaker pair.

A separate system would make it easier to use the receiver I already own, and have in storage, a Denon AVR-1712. I used this for a period when I lived in my last condo, where I had an older (original release) Aperion 5.1 set-up. Even though my pre-amp (parasound p5) is set-up for HT bypass, the 1712 does not accommodate such a set-up.

Any input is appreciated. I have been active on other audio forums and this is my first visit over to AVS!
post #3675 of 3677 Unread Yesterday, 11:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by miss asia View Post
I found someone locally selling a pair of DALI Zestra 7s in high gloss white for 700$. Used for around a year and pristine condition, does that sound reasonable? How do the speakers themselves compare to infinity p363s?

Thanks!

Every speaker, no.. every room behaves differently with different speakers. The music that you are listening to is for 40% orso the room 50% orso the speakers and 10% orso source.

If you think those two speakers are kind of competitive, try both in your own house.

What is this Zestra model? I never heard of it?
post #3676 of 3677 Unread Today, 12:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Minge View Post
So why is it dali does not get the same buzz and following as say dynaudio? Is it a marketing issues? Dali makes some superb speakers but simply does not seem to gain critical mass.
Maybe because DALI also makes very cheap LS and Dynaudio doesn't?

Then people listen to the cheapest ones and suddenly have this opinion about all DALI's. Also, many people (including dealers) say that DALI has a certain "sound" that can be heard in all models. If you listen to one model, you have heard them all (they think). While the Mentor, the Helicon, the Rubicon and the Euphonia are very neutral sounding speakers. And there's another thing. DALI uses ribbon tweeters (wide dispersion). Many people think they sound harsh and prefer soft dome. If you place the Ikon in a not treated room, and you toe them in, and you are standing.. Then they sound pretty harsh indeed. But well placed Ikons in a good listening room do not sound harsh at all. Nevertheless the amplifier or cables.

Many listeners who are not mislead by the ribbons, nowadays go for the AMT technology in for example ADAM- speakers. I have DALI H800mk2 in a treated room, well positioned, i use lyngdorf room correction. And I have had many listeners who were amazed (and suprised) by the sound quality of DALI (summarized: "not harsh at all!, very impressive mid and high quality, amazing 3D qualities but yet very precise imaging"). I also use 2 subs and lyngdorf RC. Most people think the basses are too clean. They are used to reverberation I think when I had Dynaudio speakers in the same price range, they would not have been surprised because they expect Dynaudio to sound good.

Last point. Dali LS do sound 3D in smaller rooms. With Dynaudio, or B&W and so on.. forget it. Those (big) speakers need bigger rooms and more space because of different radiation-behaviour. But most people who have the money for expensive speakers, also have bigger listening rooms. The benefits of DALI LS are for those people not really benefits.
post #3677 of 3677 Unread Today, 04:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by doorofnight View Post
Every speaker, no.. every room behaves differently with different speakers. The music that you are listening to is for 40% orso the room 50% orso the speakers and 10% orso source.

If you think those two speakers are kind of competitive, try both in your own house.

What is this Zestra model? I never heard of it?
Forgive me I meant Zensor 7.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dali Bookshelf Speaker , Dali Ikon Vokal 2 Mkii Center Channel Speaker , Dali