Dali speakers - Page 129 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 56Likes

post #3841 of 3868 Old 05-15-2016, 12:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by mogorf View Post
Did you also set all your speakers to "Small" for Bass Management, i.e. to re-route bass from all speakers to the more capable sub with an 80 Hz crossover setting?
Yes all speakers set to "small" crossover 80Hz .... LPF for LFE 120Hz
mogorf likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3842 of 3868 Old 05-15-2016, 12:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 983 Post(s)
Liked: 526
Quote:
Originally Posted by darisg View Post
ok .. pics at your disposal ...

I haven't connect the front heights yet....
This is a nice and cozy room, indeed. Congrats!

Your questions:

"Will they be too big for my space?" As regards dimensions, I think you have enough space for tower speakers.

"Will there be audible differences?" Hard to say, but since you are using the Marantz SR-7010 AVR with Bass Management, I doubt the towers with a lower frequency roll-off will have a benefit here.

"Will I (need) - benefit from extra amplification? I was thinking to add a Marantz mm7055." I don't think you need extra amplification in this size of room. The Marantz SR-7010 AVR will do just fine in the power department.

"If I finally settle to ikon6s mkII for FL/FR, will there be a problem to match them with the zensor vokal? I would like to go with ikon vokal but due to dimension restrictions its difficult." Timbre matching is always best when using the same model family, but Audyssey will take care of that for you. Did you run all 8 mic positions?
post #3843 of 3868 Old 05-15-2016, 01:00 PM

Thanks mogorf!

Yes, all 8 mic positions.

So, do you advise to move to full tower? And if yes which one, zensor 7s or ikon 6s?

Στάλθηκε από το SM-T715 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
mogorf likes this.
post #3844 of 3868 Old 05-15-2016, 01:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks mogorf!

Yes, all 8 mic positions.

So, do you advise to move to full tower? And if yes which one, zensor 7s or ikon 6s?

Στάλθηκε από το SM-T715 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk
Honestly, if it were me I would find a way to spend my hard earned money somewhere else, but not for tower speakers. Your room size doesn't cry for anything more than what you have now with the Zensor 3 FL/FRs. The cost/benefit factor comes to mind. But that's just me. Wait till other members chime in with other suggestions, please.

BTW, how did Audyssey set your speaker channel trims, including sub? I suppose all are in the negative dB range. Care to share the list per channel? That will show how efficient the speaker setup in your room is!
post #3845 of 3868 Old 05-15-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Honestly, if it were me I would find a way to spend my hard earned money somewhere else, but not for tower speakers. Your room size doesn't cry for anything more than what you have now with the Zensor 3 FL/FRs. The cost/benefit factor comes to mind. But that's just me. Wait till other members chime in with other suggestions, please.

BTW, how did Audyssey set your speaker channel trims, including sub? I suppose all are in the negative dB range. Care to share the list per channel? That will show how efficient the speaker setup in your room is!
Thanks for the wise advise !!

as per Audyssey info:

FL: +0.5 (3.33m)
FR: 0.0 (3.33m)
C : -1.0 (3.21m)
Sub: -3.0 (3.57m)
SL: -0.5 (2.22m)
SR: +0.5 (2.49m)

what do you think?

after Auddysey calibration i have set the volume knob to 75 and meassure test tone with my cell phone, every speaker give me 69-70db and sub (if i remember correct) 55db
mogorf likes this.
post #3846 of 3868 Old 05-15-2016, 02:56 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the wise advise !!

as per Audyssey info:

FL: +0.5 (3.33m)
FR: 0.0 (3.33m)
C : -1.0 (3.21m)
Sub: -3.0 (3.57m)
SL: -0.5 (2.22m)
SR: +0.5 (2.49m)

what do you think?

after Auddysey calibration i have set the volume knob to 75 and meassure test tone with my cell phone, every speaker give me 69-70db and sub (if i remember correct) 55db
Audyssey speaker trims look OK. Using your cell phone for verification can be tricky. The cell phone is usually not calibrated, moreover they do not work well for bass frequencies. That's why you get such a low value (55 dB) for the sub. Just accept what Audyssey did with its calibrated test microphone. And enjoy!

As regards the volume knob its better to set it up for "relative" (showing values in dB, with reference level at 0 dB and going down in the negative), instead of "absolute" (showing values between 0-100).

For best results with the Dali/Marantz combo in your room you may also turn DynamicEQ on and keep Dynamic Volume off for best acoustic results. DEQ will restore spectral balance (lows and highs) when you turn MV (Master Volume) down from 0 dB movie reference (which is abnormally loud) and use Dynamic Volume only at late night when you want to watch a film without bothering loved ones or neighbours.

Hope this helps!
darisg likes this.

Last edited by mogorf; 05-15-2016 at 02:59 PM.
post #3847 of 3868 Old 05-17-2016, 09:40 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi guys, I'm new here on avsforum, although i have experience in mostly hifi from many years now.

I just bought a pair of Dali Rubicon 6's for ~$2800 or 2500€, to replace Usher Dancer Mini-X DMD which were really nice also. They're second hand but almost new and in mint shape, that black gloss piano finish is quite nice. I currently have Yamaha A-S501 amp, but I'm thinking about upgrading my amp for the Dalis.

What kind of amplification otjer Rubicon owners here have? I've been recommended Hegel integrated, but I'm looking for either dual monoblocks or a stereo amp. Unless there's some magical integrated that I should absolutely consider. Hegel seems legit though...

Any recommendation is welcome. Thanks in advance!

-Junkkis

Yamaha CD-N500 - Anti-Mode Dual Core 2.0 - Yamaha A-S501 - Dali Rubicon 6

Focusrite Scarlett 2i2 - Philips Fidelio X2
post #3848 of 3868 Old 05-17-2016, 09:50 AM

Oh, I forgot to mention that I've had positive experiences with Marantz and Dali Zensors and Ikon. How do you guys feel about Marantz and the higher-end Dalis? Maybe PM8005 integrated or the MM7025 amp? I was very fond of my Dali Zensor 3 and Marantz PM5004 with Argon DAC1, but that was a while ago...

post #3849 of 3868 Old 05-17-2016, 10:23 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by junkkis85 View Post
Hi guys, I'm new here on avsforum, although i have experience in mostly hifi from many years now.

I just bought a pair of Dali Rubicon 6's for ~$2800 or 2500€, to replace Usher Dancer Mini-X DMD which were really nice also. They're second hand but almost new and in mint shape, that black gloss piano finish is quite nice. I currently have Yamaha A-S501 amp, but I'm thinking about upgrading my amp for the Dalis.

What kind of amplification otjer Rubicon owners here have? I've been recommended Hegel integrated, but I'm looking for either dual monoblocks or a stereo amp. Unless there's some magical integrated that I should absolutely consider. Hegel seems legit though...

-Junkkis
I have two sets of Rubicon LCRs set as my wide and surround speakers. The surrounds are beautifully driven my a Symphonic Line RG1 MK2. My wides are driven by a Parasound 1206 amp. While I have not done a listening test to see which sounds better, they are magnificent speakers driven by really good amps. Lovely sound. I doubt you can make a mistake amp wise.

I’m thinking of adding the Rubicon 6s a my L and R main channels.

Marantz AV8802A, Proceed CDP, Cary CAD-572 SE mono-blocks (modified to run 300b tubes) running ZU Definition MK 1 mains, Symphonic Line RG1 MK 2 running Dali Rubicon LCRs as surrounds, Parasound HCA 1206 running Dali Rubicon LCRs as wides, a Pinnacle center, and two small Pinnacle bookshelf speakers set as height speakers. Two SVS SB13 Ultras. Samsung JS9000 65".
post #3850 of 3868 Old 05-17-2016, 10:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Oh, I forgot to mention that I've had positive experiences with Marantz and Dali Zensors and Ikon. How do you guys feel about Marantz and the higher-end Dalis? Maybe PM8005 integrated or the MM7025 amp? I was very fond of my Dali Zensor 3 and Marantz PM5004 with Argon DAC1, but that was a while ago...
Hi junkkis, welcome to the thread and congrats for your Dalis.

I know this is not what you asked since you're looking for a 2 ch integrated amp, but did you ever consider an AVR for the same purpose.

Marantz, among others has a fine selection of AVRs. They work very well even for a 2 ch stereo setup and offer a lot more than an integradet amp, like the Audyssey package that works pretty fine when it comes to emilinating room/speaker anomalies (MultEQ) and you also get DynEQ for compensating human ears' characteristics when volume is turned down.

Just a thought!
post #3851 of 3868 Old 05-17-2016, 01:19 PM

Quote:
Hi junkkis, welcome to the thread and congrats for your Dalis.

I know this is not what you asked since you're looking for a 2 ch integrated amp, but did you ever consider an AVR for the same purpose.

Marantz, among others has a fine selection of AVRs. They work very well even for a 2 ch stereo setup and offer a lot more than an integradet amp, like the Audyssey package that works pretty fine when it comes to emilinating room/speaker anomalies (MultEQ) and you also get DynEQ for compensating human ears' characteristics when volume is turned down.

Just a thought!

Thanks mogorf! I'm enjoying the Rubicons very much.

I feel that my amp is holding them back a bit, I think there's more detail and resolution in there that I'm not getting with the A-S501.

I've been there with the AVR twice, and while they make things easier especially as I have an Xbox One, I just don't wan't to go that way anymore. Also Anti-Mode performance and sound quality is far superior compared to Audyssey and YPAO and such in my experience. And I don't have a sub anymore either so I'd pay a lot of money for features I don't need. And if I went for a sub again, Anti-Mode can handle it.

I've done some acoustic treatment for fixing early reflections and dampening the room, and i have big chunks of rockwool on one corner of the room acting as a basstrap. So I don't really need EQ for the mid-to-upper frequencies. The room modes in bass region is the problem, and Anti-Mode is obliterating them.

Thanks for your input, but I think I'm not going AVR or multichannel any time soon.

-Junkkis
mogorf likes this.

post #3852 of 3868 Old 05-17-2016, 09:57 PM
AVS Special Member

Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 707 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Quote:

-Junkkis
I've had great experiences with Naim amps. highly recommended!
post #3853 of 3868 Old 05-18-2016, 01:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
I've had great experiences with Naim amps. highly recommended!
Thanks for the input. I've been thinking about Naim, but there's something I dislike in Naim and I can't really put my finger on it. One thing is the (IMO) artificial upgradeability; you buy an amp, then you need 5 extra power supplys and this and that to really get it to work well. There's a bit of snake oil -philosophy IMO.

They represent the FE-ideology which I kind of dislike also. They design their equipment not relying on scientific and technical knowledge and principle, rather than just how they feel something should be done.

I don't mean to bash anyone or their choice of equipment, that's just my personal gut feeling about Naim as a brand. They might be really good amps, not denying that. Naim is just not for me.

So nothing personal here, sorry if I said something to make someone upset.

PS. No, I haven't even heard Naim amps personally. So everything I said is based on personal bias and prejudice.

post #3854 of 3868 Old 05-18-2016, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Thanks for the input. I've been thinking about Naim, but there's something I dislike in Naim and I can't really put my finger on it. One thing is the (IMO) artificial upgradeability; you buy an amp, then you need 5 extra power supplys and this and that to really get it to work well. There's a bit of snake oil -philosophy IMO.

They represent the FE-ideology which I kind of dislike also. They design their equipment not relying on scientific and technical knowledge and principle, rather than just how they feel something should be done.

I don't mean to bash anyone or their choice of equipment, that's just my personal gut feeling about Naim as a brand. They might be really good amps, not denying that. Naim is just not for me.

So nothing personal here, sorry if I said something to make someone upset.

PS. No, I haven't even heard Naim amps personally. So everything I said is based on personal bias and prejudice.
No worries!
I currently have a Uniti2, it doesn't allow for power supplies to be added, but I also owned the XS and 5i previously and I've never owned a power supply, never felt the need to.

I have heard Hegel once at an audio show but with speakers I was not familiar with and music that wasn't my own. It was very nice. However I still liked my system (Dynaudio Focus 260s and Naim U2) more. I also like the combination of my U2 and Dali speakers (Concept Bookshelves), which is why I recommended Naim.

Before I owned Naim I was in much the same camp as yourself and looked at the power ratings and said no way that'll power anything to the levels I listen at. I owned Dyn X16s at the time and that system floored me. However upgrade bugs always pop up! The Focus 160s proved to much for the 5i so I got the XS before I wanted towers and the 260s came about. Never needed more power then the XS gave but, I then wanted a streamer and looked at building my own or buying one when a dealer offered me the U2 with full trade in and a huge discount and said if you don't love it I'll give you all your $ back and give you an XS 2. Needless to say it hasn't left and as I told my wife last night it never will unless they replace it with something even better.

But hey if you get a chance to listen to them, awesome; if they still don't work for you, well that's why there's other brands! Personally I want to own a lot more, but financially that's not possible.
post #3855 of 3868 Old 05-18-2016, 06:43 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
No worries!
I currently have a Uniti2, it doesn't allow for power supplies to be added, but I also owned the XS and 5i previously and I've never owned a power supply, never felt the need to.

I have heard Hegel once at an audio show but with speakers I was not familiar with and music that wasn't my own. It was very nice. However I still liked my system (Dynaudio Focus 260s and Naim U2) more. I also like the combination of my U2 and Dali speakers (Concept Bookshelves), which is why I recommended Naim.

Before I owned Naim I was in much the same camp as yourself and looked at the power ratings and said no way that'll power anything to the levels I listen at. I owned Dyn X16s at the time and that system floored me. However upgrade bugs always pop up! The Focus 160s proved to much for the 5i so I got the XS before I wanted towers and the 260s came about. Never needed more power then the XS gave but, I then wanted a streamer and looked at building my own or buying one when a dealer offered me the U2 with full trade in and a huge discount and said if you don't love it I'll give you all your $ back and give you an XS 2. Needless to say it hasn't left and as I told my wife last night it never will unless they replace it with something even better.

But hey if you get a chance to listen to them, awesome; if they still don't work for you, well that's why there's other brands! Personally I want to own a lot more, but financially that's not possible.
I had Dynaudio Excite X16 aswell, they were pretty nice a but a bit too boomy in my concrete bunker, also the treble had a little bit of a character. Worked nice on some records, was pretty nasty on some. At that time though I had no Anti-Mode and very little acoustic treatment. So basically the room was faulty rather than the speaker.

I was about to upgrade to Focus 160, but scored a really good deal on Usher Dancer Mini-X DMD in trade for the X16's. I still like Dynaudio, and would take Focus XD600 in a heartbeat if had the money...

But about the Naim, I'm willing to try them if I sometime happen to find one. Actually there are dealers near me, but I'm lazy. And listening at a store with random set doesn't tell much. Just like you said.

I'm getting an older Rotel RB-03 and a monster XTC AP-100 for home demo next week. That's a start. I still have tons of options but im too anxious and impulsive to run through every store and amp i get my hands into.

BTW theres a second hand Usher R-1.5 for sale for 1000€. Thats a monster and would love to try it, but it's too far away to get to try it. Besides it really is too pricey for me.

post #3856 of 3868 Old 06-15-2016, 03:29 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 98 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Mark View Post
I use the Epicon 2's "in Walnut" for surrounds. They probably the most beautiful speaker I have ever seen.
Hi Dr. Mark. I am looking to upgrade from some Revel m20 and was looking at Kef Reference, Focal Sopra, Wilson Sabrina or Dali Epicon 6. I heard them all, except wasn't able to hear the Epicon6 only the Epicon 8. Liked the 8 a lot but the 6 is a very different driver configuration so tough to make the leap of faith that the 6 is just a scaled down 8. The new Wilson silk dome tweeter gives their whole speaker line a completely different voicing, much more musical than the historic use of the metal Focal tweeter. I think they are going to find many more fans. The $16,000 Sabrina is really good, amazing bass articulation and depth from an 8 inch woofer in a smallish cabinet. I still haven't made a decision, not in a rush, but you seem to have a good handle on the Epicon line. What else have you heard in comparison to the Dalis? I was surprised I didn't like the Sopras more, they sounded boomy and a bit more muddled than I expected. The Kef ref 1 didn't do it for me, bad integration from mid to woofer. Appreciate your thoughts.. Regards. Ned.
post #3857 of 3868 Old 06-15-2016, 03:31 PM

Any comments for others on this thread would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. Ned.
post #3858 of 3868 Old 06-15-2016, 08:21 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ngerstman View Post
Any comments for others on this thread would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again. Ned.
Things I'd suggest trying,

Dynaudio C2 or Contour S5.4; the 5.4 has more output and drive. There's a new contour line coming out but not until Oct/Nov but early reports from Munich High End were they're great speakers.

Raidho XT-2, very nice tweeter probably the best ribbon I've heard to date: surprising bass for a small speaker.
post #3859 of 3868 Old 06-16-2016, 10:26 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 128 Post(s)
Liked: 178
Quote:
Hi Dr. Mark. I am looking to upgrade from some Revel m20 and was looking at Kef Reference, Focal Sopra, Wilson Sabrina or Dali Epicon 6. I heard them all, except wasn't able to hear the Epicon6 only the Epicon 8. Liked the 8 a lot but the 6 is a very different driver configuration so tough to make the leap of faith that the 6 is just a scaled down 8. The new Wilson silk dome tweeter gives their whole speaker line a completely different voicing, much more musical than the historic use of the metal Focal tweeter. I think they are going to find many more fans. The $16,000 Sabrina is really good, amazing bass articulation and depth from an 8 inch woofer in a smallish cabinet. I still haven't made a decision, not in a rush, but you seem to have a good handle on the Epicon line. What else have you heard in comparison to the Dalis? I was surprised I didn't like the Sopras more, they sounded boomy and a bit more muddled than I expected. The Kef ref 1 didn't do it for me, bad integration from mid to woofer. Appreciate your thoughts.. Regards. Ned.

Good afternoon Ngerstman,
You are at that price point that if you can, I would listen to all of them and decide which sound signature you prefer. The Epicon 2, 6 and Vokel align perfectly with what I expect from a speaker. The Epic 8 should only offer more bottom end but the highs and mid should be pretty much the same. Very open and insanely detailed. For me with either a Parasound A21, A51 or the ATI signature series amps 6000. They are a perfect fit. If you do go with the Dali, corner load them. It will make a difference.
How big is your room?

Life is enjoyable with good quality
post #3860 of 3868 Old 06-16-2016, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr_Mark View Post
Good afternoon Ngerstman,
You are at that price point that if you can, I would listen to all of them and decide which sound signature you prefer. The Epicon 2, 6 and Vokel align perfectly with what I expect from a speaker. The Epic 8 should only offer more bottom end but the highs and mid should be pretty much the same. Very open and insanely detailed. For me with either a Parasound A21, A51 or the ATI signature series amps 6000. They are a perfect fit. If you do go with the Dali, corner load them. It will make a difference.
How big is your room?
My room is a sonic challenge. My house is an A frame type contemporary. The tv room is 18x22 but the rear of the room open into the entrance hallway, no back wall. The ceiling slopes up and away from the speakers as well so tough room for bass reinforcement. I am an old audiophile so this system will be used to watch tv and movies as well as two channel for music. The challenge when speaker shopping is sound memory as well as front end equipment differences and the underrated room acoustic issue. I seem to like the Wilson Sabrina and Epicon 8 the best, most coherent and musical of the bunch. The Epicon 8 is very different in driver array from the 6's, a true three way with super tweeter versus a floor standing 2 way with super tweeter, they should sound reasonably different. Tough to find Dali dealers that carry the full line to compare. I heard the Rubicon 6 and the Epicon 8, the latter being much better. What other speakers did you audition before buying the Dalis? Have you continued to hear other more current products? Thanks regards. Ned.
post #3861 of 3868 Old 06-16-2016, 04:29 PM

Quoted: 68 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Its a shame you got the feeling that the Sopras were boomy and muddled, cause they are not if placed correctly.
They might have many sonic attributes that may or may not be to ones taste, but not the above traits.
I've made some other comments in your other thread.

Enough Focal talk, as Dr Mark mentioned, the mids/highs on Epicon 6 vs 8 are pretty much the same.

Epicon 6 with one or more quality subs (and properly crossed over) could be a great solution for your room to help smoothe out things.
I personally feel the Epicon 6 is excellent value (9500 dollar) and the Epicon 8 (14300 dollars) is not so much.
I even think they are more expensive in the states...

Another dark horse could be Sonus Faber Olympica 3's, I liked them alot.
Less detailed, but very musical and outstanding craftmanship.

Wish you the very best of luck in your search, its great fun and there is so much good stuff in that price range!
post #3862 of 3868 Old 06-16-2016, 04:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfrg View Post
Its a shame you got the feeling that the Sopras were boomy and muddled, cause they are not if placed correctly.
They might have many sonic attributes that may or may not be to ones taste, but not the above traits.
I've made some other comments in your other thread.

Enough Focal talk, as Dr Mark mentioned, the mids/highs on Epicon 6 vs 8 are pretty much the same.

Epicon 6 with one or more quality subs (and properly crossed over) could be a great solution for your room to help smoothe out things.
I personally feel the Epicon 6 is excellent value (9500 dollar) and the Epicon 8 (14300 dollars) is not so much.
I even think they are more expensive in the states...

Another dark horse could be Sonus Faber Olympica 3's, I liked them alot.
Less detailed, but very musical and outstanding craftmanship.

Wish you the very best of luck in your search, its great fun and there is so much good stuff in that price range!
The Epicon 6 is $14,000 and 8's are $20,000. Tough decision between the Epicon 6 or the Wilson Sabrina. The Sabrina is much more musical than past Wilsons but still very dynamic. I could try another listen with the Focals, read so many good things about them. Where are you that the Dali is so much cheaper? You had owned the Epicons and traded to the Sopras? If so why. Thanks. Regards. Ned.
post #3863 of 3868 Old 06-17-2016, 09:40 AM

Hello Dali! Not a very active or talkative site. Come on. More feedback. Regards. Ned.
post #3864 of 3868 Old 06-18-2016, 03:12 AM

Quote:
The Epicon 6 is $14,000 and 8's are $20,000. Tough decision between the Epicon 6 or the Wilson Sabrina. The Sabrina is much more musical than past Wilsons but still very dynamic. I could try another listen with the Focals, read so many good things about them. Where are you that the Dali is so much cheaper? You had owned the Epicons and traded to the Sopras? If so why. Thanks. Regards. Ned.
I live in Denmark, where the speakers are made....one thing in this entire world that is cheaper for us

I upgraded to get to the next level, and the Focals provided that...for me.
post #3865 of 3868 Old 06-18-2016, 07:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superfrg View Post
I live in Denmark, where the speakers are made....one thing in this entire world that is cheaper for us

I upgraded to get to the next level, and the Focals provided that...for me.
You did have the Epicon 6, correct. I was reading about the new Dynaudio Contour line coming out this fall. Very intrigued, could be killers! I may wait, as I am in no rush. My Revel m20's will do for now. Speaking of Dynaudio, another Danish company. Do you have any thoughts? If I recall, didn't they sell out to a Chinese company? Sore topic? Thanks. Regards. Ned.
post #3866 of 3868 Old 06-19-2016, 12:29 AM

Quote:
You did have the Epicon 6, correct. I was reading about the new Dynaudio Contour line coming out this fall. Very intrigued, could be killers! I may wait, as I am in no rush. My Revel m20's will do for now. Speaking of Dynaudio, another Danish company. Do you have any thoughts? If I recall, didn't they sell out to a Chinese company? Sore topic? Thanks. Regards. Ned.
Yes, I had the Epicon 6's for some time.

I dont have much experience with Dynaudio, but all the brands you are looking at in the price range makes very good products.

I personally dont care much what company owns the product or where it is made, as long as the sound is there.
post #3867 of 3868 Old 06-19-2016, 07:19 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Dynaudio did sell to a Chinese owner/company but all production and R&D stayed in Demark and headquarters are still in Germany with no changes coming on that end. They expanded the R&D department in terms of actual space and employees, added more space to manufacturing. So the changes have been very positive so far. Marketing expanded their outreach to Facebook to help with setup and technical questions based on submitted questions. There's even Otto the head of marketing on this site who offers support and information to the Dynaudio thread. I believe the only other threads that do that are Ascend, Salk and Philharmonic. So again, so far, the change has been positive.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, NaimUniti 2, Naim Stageline N, Pro-ject 2xperience Classic, Marantz SR7007, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD
post #3868 of 3868 Old 06-20-2016, 07:50 AM

Quoted: 74 Post(s)
OK since this thread talks about Dali, thought of updating here .

Recently bought Marantz NR1606, slimline series to pair up with Z7 as fronts and Vokal as center. Surrounds - polk 110b and possible atmos - JBL Control one. So far I did not find any difficulty for the slimline series to drive my Z7 + rest of the speakers, though there were few comments that a slimline series will have difficulty in driving the floor standers. I listen from low to moderate volume only.

Not sure if I am fully been able to extract the Z7 performance, but for me so far, I did not find any strain in driving them with my slimline receiver with SVS PB1000 to take care of traffic below 80hz.

On a separate note, I am using much powerful SR6009 to drive Z3 as fronts and boston xs satellite for surrounds in my small bed room setup. Oh did i missing a center speaker here ? - Well, I just tried moving one of my polk surround (from main hall) to experiment as center as it's relatively a small bedroom, just to fill up the gap, and so far i did not see any alarmingly mismatch (though there is a popular belief to match your LCR). Since I am using this set up only for watching more of regional movies and less action, I am OK with this setup with no subs (driving Z3 & Polk 110B in full mode).

Weekend movie watching in main hall with slimline setup for ATMOS experience (ofcourse moving the Polk110b which serves as a center speaker in my bedroom during weekdays to its original surround position in the main Hall)

Please point if something is terribly wrong....

Sent from my XT1562 using Tapatalk

HT - Marantz NR1606-> Dali Zensor 7 + Zensor Vokal + Zensor 3 (surround) + JBL Control 1 (TM) + SVS PB1000 - 5.1.2
Stereo/TV - Marantz SR6009 -> Polk110B (IDLE)!

Last edited by murlidher; 06-20-2016 at 11:42 PM. Reason: removed the <br>
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dali Bookshelf Speaker , Dali Ikon Vokal 2 Mkii Center Channel Speaker , Dali

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page