Forum Jump: 
 66Likes

post #3901 of 3911 Old 02-13-2017, 01:37 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 119 Post(s)
Liked: 7
bump!

Awaiting for some inputs.... between poli rc60/ 80i or micca r8c etc.... which doesn't bite too much on cost...

Quote:
Originally Posted by murlidher View Post
what would be the ceiling speakers option (for atmos) that would match with dali zensor signature.
i am not looking at dali's ceiling models as they are costly for me. Would polk rc60 or 80i will have significant sound mismatch if i opt them as my 4 ceiling speakers ?

HT - Marantz SR6009 -> Dali Zensor 7 + Zensor Vokal + Zensor 3 (surround) + JBL Control 1 (FH) + SVS PB1000
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #3902 of 3911 Old 02-27-2017, 05:46 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
What rear speakers pair well with Helicon 400's today? As you can see from my signature my gear is old but still works well. I really just want to step up to surround sound like I have been telling my self for a decade or two. Originally I had planned to put 800's up front and move the 400's to the rear. 800's especially so and Helicon's in general are hard to come by now. I have the typical poor room set up with no wall on the right, large stone and cast iron fireplace on the left and the listening position against the back wall. I was considering some used w200's high up on the walls where the previous owners had speaker wire run and some 300's on the sides of the sofa. Or just some 300's on the sides of the sofa. I have not seen much for sale and it may be a very poor set up anyway. What do you guys suggest to pair with what I currently have?

Thanks.

It looks like my signature is not working so here it is.
Dali Helicon 400, C200. JL Fathom F112. Integra DTC 9.8. Gemstone Audio Blue Diamond 7 Channel Amp.

Last edited by exoptable; 02-27-2017 at 05:49 PM.
post #3903 of 3911 Old 03-09-2017, 03:11 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Hi bwv1080
Like the platforms! Did you buy in the feet or fabricate them??
Regards

post #3904 of 3911 Old 03-14-2017, 03:56 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
epicon and audyssey and dynamic eq

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey_ View Post
Hi everyone! What would you guys recommend, would you want to use audyssey ref curve and dynamic eq? my room is about 12sqm. I have Denon avr-x7200wa as a preamp and use Classé sigma amp2 and amp5. I have Dali epicon 6, epicon vocal, and four dali mentor1 as surround and my subwoofer is B&W DB1. The rev time its pretty to low. I haven't measure it but i can hear its pretty low. So which curve do you guys recommend and would you also recommend have dynamic eq on or what settings do you all think. I will ofcoruse have a better preamp. Iam wating for the the new Classé ssp delta. I listen also at volyme on the reciver -14db from ref.

Mabey i wasn't clear with my post. I want to know if some has calibrate with audyssey and use the reference volyme to calibrate the sound, the trims on all speaker and not changing the trims of none of the speakers. I want as close to reference on all volyme as i can without coloring of the sound For example -14db from ref. Like you guys know the Epicons are really good speakers and they will reveal all kind of sound that is not suppose to be in the mix. So iam asking for reference and not preference. Iam talking about ht ofcourse I only want to know from people that have epicon 6 or from the epicon family and use some kind of denon amplifier with audyssey. I really want know what you guys thinks.
??
post #3905 of 3911 Old 03-14-2017, 06:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 1071 Post(s)
Liked: 634
Quote:
Originally Posted by pase22 View Post
I find dynamic eq makes the sound too shouty and boosts the bass a little too much, regardless of what speakers are hooked up to it. I leave the dynamic eq off all the time and use the dialogue and subwoofer adjustment features if I need more output during HT use.
Hope this helps!
Actually DEQ by virtue of it's purpose does not boost bass and highs but compensates for them. IMHO, this is very important to understand. Yes, compensates because it has been found/discovered by Fletcher & Munson engineers of Bell Labs in the 1930's via lots of experiments that human ears loose bass and highs whenever MV is lowered resulting in a loss of spectral balance.

Mother Nature was clever enough to make our ears behave like that in order to save our everyday souls from hearing our own heart beat (low register) and hearing atomic thermal motion inside our body (high register).

Then, a bit later Man made the Amplifier that has a Volume Control. Whenever volume is turned down spectral balance will suffer. DEQ is our friend when it adds bass and high compensation by adjusting the proper electrical signal increase needed for perceptual reasons.

This just seed for thought.
post #3906 of 3911 Old Yesterday, 08:26 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 17
I have a question regarding Dali Ikon OnWall surrounds. and mounting them on speaker stands. It seems like there may be a benefit in having a wall as a mounting, acoustically. I guess that would be my first concern.

Samsung PN51F8500, Emotiva MC-700, Emotiva A-500, Xbox One S, Dali Ikon 6, Vokal 2, OnWall, Outlalw LMF-EX, Furman Elite pf15i.
post #3907 of 3911 Old Yesterday, 02:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Quoted: 1734 Post(s)
Liked: 1036
Quote:
Originally Posted by videoaddikt View Post
I have a question regarding Dali Ikon OnWall surrounds. and mounting them on speaker stands. It seems like there may be a benefit in having a wall as a mounting, acoustically. I guess that would be my first concern.
If you are going to buy On-Wall speakers, why mount them on stands? And if you are determined to Stand Mount the speakers, why buy On-Wall, why not just get Bookshelf speakers?

That said, assuming you have decent stands, there is no reason why you couldn't put the IKON On-Wall on stands -

http://www.dali-speakers.com/discont...n-on-wall-mk2/

Steve/bluewizard
post #3908 of 3911 Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by bluewizard View Post
If you are going to buy On-Wall speakers, why mount them on stands? And if you are determined to Stand Mount the speakers, why buy On-Wall, why not just get Bookshelf speakers?

That said, assuming you have decent stands, there is no reason why you couldn't put the IKON On-Wall on stands -

http://www.dali-speakers.com/discont...n-on-wall-mk2/

Steve/bluewizard
I probably should have been more specific. I have been using them almost 6 years mounted on the wall. We are moving into a new home and when evaluating the new 'TV Room' I can see where the use of stands might also be a viable option. i prefer the wall mounting because it makes for a little cleaner setup, if maybe more of a wiring challenge. I just wondered if the acoustic design was applicable to being closer to a wall.
Considering I use them strictly for surrounds though, I imagine any difference would be minimal.

Samsung PN51F8500, Emotiva MC-700, Emotiva A-500, Xbox One S, Dali Ikon 6, Vokal 2, OnWall, Outlalw LMF-EX, Furman Elite pf15i.
post #3909 of 3911 Old Today, 06:18 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Does anybody have any chance to hear the Dali Zensor Pico? I'm trying to compare between the Zensor 1 vs Pico. The room is an open concept room 10X34 trying to go 2.1 for now.
post #3910 of 3911 Old Today, 08:27 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 840 Post(s)
Liked: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Digity8 View Post
Does anybody have any chance to hear the Dali Zensor Pico? I'm trying to compare between the Zensor 1 vs Pico. The room is an open concept room 10X34 trying to go 2.1 for now.
I'd suggest the Zensor 1 over the Pico. Your room is rather long. The Zensor 3 might work better ultimately but I'm guessing there's either a cost factor or size factor you're constrained by??

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, NaimUniti 2, Naim Stageline N, Pro-ject 2xperience Classic, Marantz SR7007, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD
post #3911 of 3911 Old Today, 09:17 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
I'd suggest the Zensor 1 over the Pico. Your room is rather long. The Zensor 3 might work better ultimately but I'm guessing there's either a cost factor or size factor you're constrained by??
Size mostly; and cost second. In Canada they aren't cheap. They will be placed on a built in shelf flanking a 55" tv. I am downsizing from a 5.1 system to a 2.1 in the living room system and didn't want to go to a sound bar, but was intriguied by the Picos small size...but I could live with the Zensor 1
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dali Bookshelf Speaker , Dali Ikon Vokal 2 Mkii Center Channel Speaker , Dali

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page