Martin Logan Vantage? - Page 2 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

post #31 of 35 Old 04-19-2011, 07:51 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 33
Electro stats are also very sensitive to dust build up on the speaker itself. Make sure you keep them as clean as possible, and make sure they are in a smoke free environment.

Also make sure that if you wash them, you let them dry before you turn them on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #32 of 35 Old 11-06-2011, 07:27 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petden View Post

Electro stats are also very sensitive to dust build up on the speaker itself. Make sure you keep them as clean as possible, and make sure they are in a smoke free environment.

Hello,
I found a pair of ml vantages for a great price. The only problem is my room is relatively small 12 by 16. Would these be overkill in my room? The esl's would be next on the list but after listening to the vantages there really is no comparison, IMO. I really would hate to pass these up but there also is the problem of finding the stage for a reasonable price.
I could really use a little advise here so any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
Thank you in advance.
post #33 of 35 Old 05-11-2012, 10:36 AM

Liked: 10
I have the Vantage and I really like them alot. The sound is smooth and easy to listen too. I have read that they are not good for Rock and only Jazz, thats BS. These things rock. I have Axiom M80's and Dynaudio speakers, and I listen to the ML the most. If you look on Fry's electronics web page they have the Vantage for 1100.00 ea. They are no longer going to carry them and marked them down. I bought mine from them. Dont think you will be unhappy with the speakers. I found reading these forums just confuses people and the info is not that great, because of to many opinons. I have earn to weed through most of the opinions and go with what I like. Most folks like what sounds good to them, but push there choice on others which doesnt help.
post #34 of 35 Old 05-11-2012, 11:00 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by Petden View Post

Aren't they sensitive to humidity as well? I know a guy who runs his AC 24/7 in his listening room because of his MLs.
post #35 of 35 Old 05-11-2012, 01:16 PM

Liked: 11
Washing the panels is usually a last resort when they have shown signs of low output or when normal cleaning/vacuuming doesn't work to restore their sound.

Yes humidity does affect their sound, I have measured a loss of 3dbs of output in a day going from 45% humidity to 65%, I assumed the loss was in the panel not the woofer, because other (regular) speakers showed no such loss.

I keep a little weather station next to my chair, when the humidity crosses certain thresholds I recalibrate the levels to keep the proper integration with the subs intact.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page