PSB Speakers Owners thread - Page 190 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 1Likes

post #5671 of 5676 Old 08-21-2014, 06:18 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi , just bought a pair of PSB Image B5 Cherry to replace my Athena S2 and im kinda disapointed ! I own a pair of PSB image T4 since 5years now and i love them ! But the B5 just seems to have not bass and no highs ... Compared to the Athena S2 ... Powered by a HK3270 for a 2.0 setup . Do they need some kind of break in period or something ? Maybe they are underpowered ?

Thx

Last edited by Kirnecto; 08-21-2014 at 07:11 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5672 of 5676 Old 08-22-2014, 08:59 AM

Hey guys, just entered the Psb family with the purchase of a pair of t2's. Looking into some surrounds and want to keep in the imagine line. I'd like some feedback of imagine minis vs. b's vs. surround s. My best deal is with the surround s. Thanks for the input.
post #5673 of 5676 Old 08-23-2014, 10:42 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 12
Any Imagine X2T owners or dealers in here? I'm looking to find out the width and depth of the actual housing, NOT including the protruding feet. I suspect the official specs and product materials are including feet in their dimensions, which look like they could be adding about an inch to the recorded 9" width.
post #5674 of 5676 Old 08-24-2014, 08:05 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirnecto View Post
Hi , just bought a pair of PSB Image B5 Cherry to replace my Athena S2 and im kinda disapointed ! I own a pair of PSB image T4 since 5years now and i love them ! But the B5 just seems to have not bass and no highs ... Compared to the Athena S2 ... Powered by a HK3270 for a 2.0 setup . Do they need some kind of break in period or something ? Maybe they are underpowered ?

Thx
I bought some too and am somewhat disappointed. I only paid $212 for them so I thought I'd take that chance to hear some psb's. I have klipsch in my main setup and I planned on using these at the computer. I'm using a Native Instruments audio interface and an adcom amp to power them(60w). I also moved them on top of the Klipschs and powered them with my crown xls. They seem like a sideways move from the Klipsch. They sound different but not exactly "better". One thing I noticed is they really bring out the voices in music, not really the "music" if that makes sense. The cymbals and snare almost fell into the background and they sound a little flat/lifeless. I think x'd over at 80hz, the bass was smoother than the Klipsch above xover because my sub magically sounded better. The Klispch had noticeably larger soundstage. But I didn't find much detail or imaging improvements. I don't like them much nearfield at the computer. The rear port is causing trouble, I thought there would be enough space but the bass is bloated and I'm sure that can't be right. There's probably at least 6" of space behind them. On the flip side, my wife likes them better than the Klipschs and they look fantastic!! I'll be moving them to one of my kids rooms when we move next summer. I'll be acquiring a few more bookshelves over the next year to figure out which I'd like to replace the Klipschs.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg resize.jpg (99.7 KB, 13 views)
post #5675 of 5676 Old 08-24-2014, 07:35 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by amchillin View Post
Hey guys, just entered the Psb family with the purchase of a pair of t2's. Looking into some surrounds and want to keep in the imagine line. I'd like some feedback of imagine minis vs. b's vs. surround s. My best deal is with the surround s. Thanks for the input.
Chose the minis as surrounds with my T2s.

I contacted PSB about this, because the B's would be a very tight fit. They recommended I go with the minis, and I am happy with the result.

Descartes' corollary: I don't think very much, therefore I may not be.

post #5676 of 5676 Old 08-25-2014, 08:31 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Are you still having problems with the psb-B5 I bought the B-6's and I love them.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Psb , Psb Speakers Image T5 Tower , Psb Speakers Image C5 Centre , Psb Speakers Subseries 200 Subwoofer , Psb Speakers Image B5 Bookshelf , Psb Image T6 Tower Floorstanding Speaker , Nad , Psb Synchrony One , Rythmik Audio , Audyssey , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page