Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sk76 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by mark42mc View Post
are you still there wondering about having problems with the volume having to SET too loud to wake up your speakers

Volumes at 75-80 on my X4000 sounds good and felt home theater like. Below that is just fine. I guess I am beginning to appreciate the sound to some level. I will be buying the woofer in the next week or so hence reducing the load of the towers and making them small in my setup. Hopefully that will change things a lot. Will wait and see how that would sound

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
1 idea I want you to check on because you have a nice setup so far is you probably have ran the Odyssey set up for the speakers sometimes when that runs it will automatically put the front speakers to small size sounding go into the settings and set the front towers to large speakers I think that might make the difference I have to do it on my Yamaha receiver every time I use auto setup and puts my fronts to small which I don't want so go in but it sounds fuller and a bit louder when they are set to large give that a try let me know.also always having a subwoofer is a great idea it takes up the slack in the soundstage I have one also in my theater.and that was a great thing I did for the system...
Remember set everything to Large.

Last edited by mark42mc; Today at 06:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5702 of 5702 Old Today, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 491 Post(s)
Liked: 698
Sorry, bad advice. If a sub is present in the configuration, then setting the speakers to Small is the correct answer. The sub is much better at handling the low frequencies than the mains. If there is no sub, then Audyssey will not set the speakers to Small. However, adding a sub would significantly improve the overall audio quality.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Psb , Psb Speakers Image T5 Tower , Psb Speakers Image C5 Centre , Psb Speakers Subseries 200 Subwoofer , Psb Speakers Image B5 Bookshelf , Psb Image T6 Tower Floorstanding Speaker , Nad , Psb Synchrony One , Rythmik Audio , Audyssey , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page