PSB Speakers Owners thread - Page 195 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 10Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #5821 of 5831 Old 11-26-2014, 12:43 PM
Member
 
quiksr20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Neptune NJ
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey Guys,

Just moved to a new house from my condo ( FINALLY ) and now have a Den where most of the family will be hanging out and a man-cave AKA basement where ill really be able to setup something nice in the future.

In the condo I had a pair of Image T5s as mains w/ C5 center and it sounded great.

Since my T5/C5 setup are still semi new ill be moving those to the basement where eventually there will be dual subs / maybe external amps etc but for my den I will be re-using
my current Marantz SR5006 and Klipsch RW12D sub with a pair of B6's on stands / and a C4 center I grabbed for a killer price.

  1. Do you feel for HT this will sound similar to my old setup? (New room = 11Wx18L).
  2. Will I notice much diff with a C4 center vs C5? ( couldnt fit a C5 in new location )

Pretty much its the same setup I had...same receiver, same sub, slightly smaller room.. Just moved to a C4 center from a C5 ( dont have the room for a C5 ) and replaced the T5s with B6's on stands.

Cant wait to setup the man-cave but for now thinking this will sound 95% the same esp since we mostly use for TV / Video Games / Movies.

Old Setup




Thanks,

DEN RIG - Marantz SR5006 | PSB Image B6 / C4 | Klipsch RW-12D | HTD HD-W65 Rears | Tivo Series 3 DVR | BASEMENT RIG - PSB Image T5 / C5 | ( work in progress ) |

Last edited by quiksr20; 11-26-2014 at 12:47 PM.
quiksr20 is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #5822 of 5831 Old 11-26-2014, 09:49 PM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 4
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkSouls88 View Post
Hi there,

I'm gonna ask you, PSB owners a question. And I really need your help..

I want a 5.1 system and I'm in a place that had a very limited choices which are :

First choice is the PSB imagine X ( Imagine X2T floorstanders ,Imagine XB ,Imagine XC)

The second choice is the Monitor Audio Silver 6 (
Silver 6 floorstanders , Silver Centre , FX surrounds ).

the subwoofer will wait for a little bit because it need another budget.

I am very sorry if this is the wrong place, but I really need your help.


For what it is worth, I put together a 5.1 system last year with the Image T6, C5 and S5 surrounds that I just love. This was my first real serious audio set up and it plays everything well, to my ears, from movies, to classical to heavy metal. Frankly, this system got me pulling out all my old CD's and sitting to listen to music again! I cannot imagine that the IMAGINE XT line up that is replacing the Image line up would be any less pleasing. It should be said that I personally DO prefer a "warmer" presentation of music and that is probably why the PSB's work for me.

For a Sub, I can recommend the Golden Ear Force 5 that I am using. I started out using an old Onkyo sub that I had from my HTiB that this system replaced. It worked pretty well, in large part because the T6's could carry a lot of the load. However when I swapped in the Golden Ear, I could immediately tell the difference. For Movies, the Force five has power to spare, shaking the rafters, etc.... But it also provides a very crisp musicality that was really missing with the Onkyo sub. The 2Cellos rendition of Smooth Operator is just amazing on this system. Hope this helps.

JMD
Electrospin is online now  
post #5823 of 5831 Old Yesterday, 01:55 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Nov 2014
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
the CHS40's have a wide dispersion
ASH56 is offline  
post #5824 of 5831 Unread Yesterday, 09:56 AM
3db
Advanced Member
 
3db's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiksr20 View Post
Hey Guys,

Just moved to a new house from my condo ( FINALLY ) and now have a Den where most of the family will be hanging out and a man-cave AKA basement where ill really be able to setup something nice in the future.

In the condo I had a pair of Image T5s as mains w/ C5 center and it sounded great.

Since my T5/C5 setup are still semi new ill be moving those to the basement where eventually there will be dual subs / maybe external amps etc but for my den I will be re-using
my current Marantz SR5006 and Klipsch RW12D sub with a pair of B6's on stands / and a C4 center I grabbed for a killer price.

  1. Do you feel for HT this will sound similar to my old setup? (New room = 11Wx18L).
  2. Will I notice much diff with a C4 center vs C5? ( couldnt fit a C5 in new location )

Pretty much its the same setup I had...same receiver, same sub, slightly smaller room.. Just moved to a C4 center from a C5 ( dont have the room for a C5 ) and replaced the T5s with B6's on stands.

Cant wait to setup the man-cave but for now thinking this will sound 95% the same esp since we mostly use for TV / Video Games / Movies.

Thanks,
I doubt very much that you'll be able to tell the difference between the C4 and C5 except for at high SPL where the C5 increased power handling capabilities comes into play.
3db is online now  
post #5825 of 5831 Unread Yesterday, 10:20 AM
Member
 
quiksr20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Neptune NJ
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3db View Post
I doubt very much that you'll be able to tell the difference between the C4 and C5 except for at high SPL where the C5 increased power handling capabilities comes into play.
Thats great to hear, We seldomly play super loud unless its a movie night.. Usually its just TV or 2.1 channel music

Thanks,
DG

DEN RIG - Marantz SR5006 | PSB Image B6 / C4 | Klipsch RW-12D | HTD HD-W65 Rears | Tivo Series 3 DVR | BASEMENT RIG - PSB Image T5 / C5 | ( work in progress ) |
quiksr20 is offline  
post #5826 of 5831 Unread Yesterday, 11:25 AM
3db
Advanced Member
 
3db's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 795
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by quiksr20 View Post
Thats great to hear, We seldomly play super loud unless its a movie night.. Usually its just TV or 2.1 channel music

Thanks,
DG
Congrats on the new place.
3db is online now  
post #5827 of 5831 Unread Yesterday, 01:11 PM
Member
 
quiksr20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Neptune NJ
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3db View Post
Congrats on the new place.
Thanks!!! So exciting to get started on small projects..

DEN RIG - Marantz SR5006 | PSB Image B6 / C4 | Klipsch RW-12D | HTD HD-W65 Rears | Tivo Series 3 DVR | BASEMENT RIG - PSB Image T5 / C5 | ( work in progress ) |
quiksr20 is offline  
post #5828 of 5831 Unread Yesterday, 06:47 PM
Senior Member
 
tritiumglo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2011
Posts: 283
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 35





NICE SETUP!!!!

NAD M15 /NAD M25 / PSB STRATUS GOLD / PSB STRATUS 6C /DENON AVR 3300/CARVER TFM 45/35 - ANTHEM MCA3 / NAD T163
IMAGE DYNAMICS / INFINITY RS3 / POLK MONITOR 10/ALTEC 501 / INTEGRA 50.3/PARADIGM DSP 3400 / GOLDENEAR AON3 / HK AVI 200

An Observer of many philosophies, a slave to none.
tritiumglo is online now  
post #5829 of 5831 Unread Yesterday, 07:40 PM
Member
 
quiksr20's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Neptune NJ
Posts: 79
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritiumglo View Post





NICE SETUP!!!!
Thanks, Moving those 3 speakers ( T5/C5 ) to basement for eventually a new setup and re-used the AVR & Sub with a B6 / C4 combo

DEN RIG - Marantz SR5006 | PSB Image B6 / C4 | Klipsch RW-12D | HTD HD-W65 Rears | Tivo Series 3 DVR | BASEMENT RIG - PSB Image T5 / C5 | ( work in progress ) |
quiksr20 is offline  
post #5830 of 5831 Unread Yesterday, 08:23 PM
Member
 
treker747's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 22
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Nice set up. The Image line is so versatile that you can mix and match almost any combination. Its just a terrific series for HT and even serious music listening. Love my Image speakers!
treker747 is offline  
post #5831 of 5831 Unread Today, 07:34 AM
Newbie
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by treker747 View Post
Nice set up. The Image line is so versatile that you can mix and match almost any combination. Its just a terrific series for HT and even serious music listening. Love my Image speakers!
Hey guys,

I need a sanity check before i go out to my local store, audition, and more than likely pick up a pair of Image t5's.

Some background:
This is my first foray into a higher end audio setup. I've been lurking and soaking up as much info as possible in these forums and am pretty much committed to a pair of Image T5's, especially at the price they are now with the new line coming in. I'm upgrading from a ****** HTIB that I've had for more than 5 years.

My question is will I regret buying the image t5's and pairing with a sub vs just outright buying the t6's, which seem hard to find in the first place.

Thanks all!
funkrush is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Psb , Psb Speakers Image T5 Tower , Psb Speakers Image C5 Centre , Psb Speakers Subseries 200 Subwoofer , Psb Speakers Image B5 Bookshelf , Psb Image T6 Tower Floorstanding Speaker , Nad , Psb Synchrony One , Rythmik Audio , Audyssey , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off