PSB Speakers Owners thread - Page 200 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 21Likes
post #5971 of 5979 Old Yesterday, 03:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Joesthai, I appreciate your posting the gut shots of the B6. I enjoy seeing what types of drivers and crossover components are used in commercial speakers. I find it very interesting.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #5972 of 5979 Old Yesterday, 03:53 PM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tritiumglo View Post
That is a strange post.

PSB now offers a 7k pair of flagships. No one has said those are cheap or mass market. Im glad PSB offers good speakers at all price points.
Thanks for the replies.
"Strange post" would more likely apply to one in the PSB owners thread making incorrect flagship statements. Imagine is now the flagship, the 7k Synchrony is gone. Maybe something else is coming to replace them if the Imagines don't?

Aren't the Imagine T3 going for ~3500?

It seems I was incorrect about the Alphas though, they are still on the website.

The only upgrade option I see for someone like me needing stand mount speakers is from the top Image, the B6 to the top imagine, the B. That speaker came out in 2008 and the dealer says there is just one pair available, no more coming.

The other PSB option is a pair of Synchrony One B I have seen for sale. I'm confused that they didn't get any substantial press like the tower version did. I'm also hesitant to go to a 2007 speaker as an upgrade!

As I stated earlier, I'm confused by the current evolution and product placement at PSB.

I have seen an image on a German review site showing that the ImagineXB uses an Image tweeter. I'm still looking for evidence that is the same as an Imagine tweeter.

J

Then: Infocus X1, Sanyo PLV-Z1, Sanyo PLV-Z4, Epson EMP-TW600 (Pro Cinema 800) Now: Sony VPL-HW40ES
Marantz SR8002
Sony BDP-S5200
PSB Image B6, C5, S5
Tons of other Stuff 8-)
post #5973 of 5979 Old Yesterday, 03:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doctor Morbius View Post
Joesthai, I appreciate your posting the gut shots of the B6. I enjoy seeing what types of drivers and crossover components are used in commercial speakers. I find it very interesting.
Doc- No problem, me too! I did not post the shot with my ruler measuring the front baffle thickness at 1-1/8 inch at its thickest point. Weren't these said to have 2" front baffles?

'Specifications subject to change without notice' right?

J

Then: Infocus X1, Sanyo PLV-Z1, Sanyo PLV-Z4, Epson EMP-TW600 (Pro Cinema 800) Now: Sony VPL-HW40ES
Marantz SR8002
Sony BDP-S5200
PSB Image B6, C5, S5
Tons of other Stuff 8-)
post #5974 of 5979 Old Yesterday, 04:00 PM

Quoted: 115 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by joesthai View Post
In the US, the T3s have an MSRP of $3750 each.

1 & 1/8" is still pretty decent for a commercial bookshelf in that price range.

Last edited by Doctor Morbius; Yesterday at 04:04 PM.
post #5975 of 5979 Old Yesterday, 04:03 PM

Quoted: 116 Post(s)
Liked: 66
Quote:

The other PSB option is a pair of Synchrony One B I have seen for sale. I'm confused that they didn't get any substantial press like the tower version did. I'm also hesitant to go to a 2007 speaker as an upgrade!

J
The T3 is 3749 EACH. http://www.crutchfield.com/p_760IMNT...oss-Black.html

The Synchrony is a very very good speaker.

What are you trying to "upgrade" from?
You may have said it but not reading backwards through all the posts.

NAD M15 /NAD M25 / PSB STRATUS GOLD / PSB STRATUS 6C /DENON AVR 3300/CARVER TFM 45/35 - ANTHEM MCA3 / NAD T163
IMAGE DYNAMICS / INFINITY RS3 / POLK MONITOR 10/ALTEC 501 / INTEGRA 50.3/PARADIGM DSP 3400 / GOLDENEAR AON3 / HK AVI 200

An Observer of many philosophies, a slave to none.
post #5976 of 5979 Unread Today, 04:11 AM

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by tritiumglo View Post
The T3 is 3749 EACH.

The Synchrony is a very very good speaker.

What are you trying to "upgrade" from?
You may have said it but not reading backwards through all the posts.
EACH! Oh crap, had no idea. Here they are only $5,323, thus my misinformed comment earlier. Upon further checking, that is also EACH! < passes out from shock! >

I think my Image B6 are the weak link in my system. I need stand mount speakers and will keep the cherry C5 center and S5 bi-pole surrounds. My local choices are Imagine B (new) and Synchrony One B (used) and both available for the same price right now, under a grand.

I was manually tweaking the 'preset' in Audyssey (Marantz sr8002) and warmed the upper bass and mids very slightly to my liking for CD listening.

I may pack up the B6 and drag them over to the PSB /NAD shop this weekend for some A-B listening! Btw, they will give me $75 for the pair in trade towards an upgrade.

Thanks for listening and advising!
J

Marantz SR8002
Sony BDP-S5200
PSB Image B6, C5, S5
Tons of other Stuff 8-)
post #5977 of 5979 Unread Today, 04:25 AM

Quote:
EACH! Oh crap, had no idea. Here they are only $5,323, thus my misinformed comment earlier. Upon further checking, that is also EACH! < passes out from shock! >

I think my Image B6 are the weak link in my system. I need stand mount speakers and will keep the cherry C5 center and S5 bi-pole surrounds. My local choices are Imagine B (new) and Synchrony One B (used) and both available for the same price right now, under a grand.

I was manually tweaking the 'preset' in Audyssey (Marantz sr8002) and warmed the upper bass and mids very slightly to my liking for CD listening.

I may pack up the B6 and drag them over to the PSB /NAD shop this weekend for some A-B listening! Btw, they will give me $75 for the pair in trade towards an upgrade.

Thanks for listening and advising!
J
I would nab up that Synchrony in a hurry. The crossovers and much more refined than in the Image series. Synchrony, Platinum, and Stratus are the best of PSB.

NAD M15 /NAD M25 / PSB STRATUS GOLD / PSB STRATUS 6C /DENON AVR 3300/CARVER TFM 45/35 - ANTHEM MCA3 / NAD T163
IMAGE DYNAMICS / INFINITY RS3 / POLK MONITOR 10/ALTEC 501 / INTEGRA 50.3/PARADIGM DSP 3400 / GOLDENEAR AON3 / HK AVI 200

post #5978 of 5979 Unread Today, 05:14 AM

Thanks!
I've been wondering if the 2007 Synchrony One Bookshelf was a dud or something. Almost no info online about them. Just keep hearing that they put the Synchrony tweeter and improved cones into the 2008 Imagines.

Maybe I can hear both and decide this weekend.

Cheers

DOH- Then again, why am I looking at speakers released 7-8 years ago?

Marantz SR8002
Sony BDP-S5200
PSB Image B6, C5, S5
Tons of other Stuff 8-)

Last edited by joesthai; Today at 05:18 AM. Reason: DOH!
post #5979 of 5979 Unread Today, 05:21 AM

Quote:
Thanks!
I've been wondering if the 2007 Synchrony One Bookshelf was a dud or something. Almost no info online about them. Just keep hearing that they put the Synchrony tweeter and improved cones into the 2008 Imagines.

Maybe I can hear both and decide this weekend.

Cheers

DOH- Then again, why am I looking at speakers released 7-8 years ago?
Here is one on the 2b.
http://www.goodsound.com/equipment/p...rony_two_b.htm

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Psb , Psb Speakers Image T5 Tower , Psb Speakers Image C5 Centre , Psb Speakers Subseries 200 Subwoofer , Psb Speakers Image B5 Bookshelf , Psb Image T6 Tower Floorstanding Speaker , Nad , Psb Synchrony One , Rythmik Audio , Audyssey , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page