PSB Speakers Owners thread - Page 205 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 53Likes

post #6121 of 6140 Old 07-11-2015, 03:40 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 26 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2940 Post(s)
Liked: 1575
Quote:
Originally Posted by gillcup View Post
I just ordered a pair of Imagine B bookshelf speakers. I needed bookshelf speakers for my home office. I compared against Vandersteen VLR Wood and B&W CM1 S2. The Imagine B's were the smallest and least expensive speakers. I was literally shocked at how good the Imagine B's sounded. I listened to the VLR's first and the difference between them and the PSB's was dramatic. The PSB's had a much bigger soundstage, better clarity and tonality.

I can't wait to get them now.
I have Imagine B's as the primary speakers in my bedroom system, and as surrounds in my main system. You are going to like them. They should be paired with one or more capable subs, though, to get full enjoyment (even in an office!).
gillcup and GIEGAR like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6122 of 6140 Old 07-11-2015, 09:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 178 Post(s)
Liked: 513
Quote:
I just ordered a pair of Imagine B bookshelf speakers. I needed bookshelf speakers for my home office. I compared against Vandersteen VLR Wood and B&W CM1 S2. The Imagine B's were the smallest and least expensive speakers. I was literally shocked at how good the Imagine B's sounded. I listened to the VLR's first and the difference between them and the PSB's was dramatic. The PSB's had a much bigger soundstage, better clarity and tonality.

Thanks for letting us know and welcome to PSB ownership!

I wholeheartedly support what Jerry said; the B's will absolutely love life when crossed over to a good sub (or two).

Happy listening in your office!
gillcup likes this.
post #6123 of 6140 Old 07-12-2015, 03:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 1555
AustinJerry & GIGear,

Thanks for the replies and suggestions.

Mark

There is a very thin line between "hobby" and "mental illness". - Dave Barry
post #6124 of 6140 Old 07-12-2015, 04:15 PM
AVS Special Member

No worries Mark.

If you're inclined, please check back in with your impressions when you get them up and running.
post #6125 of 6140 Old 07-15-2015, 08:38 PM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 18
hi has any one had any ideas on the In wall PSB the CW26 and the CW260 surround speakers in wall also I want o replace my on walls on my home theatre with these and I have 8 on walls to replace Using Mirage Nanostat now I want o go to these. Any Help guys?? Plus I was thinking the 26 in front High and Vary backs but the 260s for front wide and side surrounds. again any Help??
post #6126 of 6140 Old 07-16-2015, 11:52 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 46
Quote:

I've had a pair of Bs in my living room (secondary system) for 3 years now (seems like only a few months ago--yikes!!!). In my room, where they are placed, I don't feel the urge to add a sub (not that I wouldn't do it if I had totally spare cash lying around, but no need at present as I get quite good bass response for music--would add a sub if I watched more movies in the living room). If I had to replace my primary system's speakers (can't buy them again as I've had them for 11 years and the model doesn't exist anymore), the Bs would be very high on my list as replacements. Enjoy!
gillcup likes this.
post #6127 of 6140 Old 07-26-2015, 02:20 AM

Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Now I have both Imagine B and Imagine mini.Wow just bought B today!

The problem. Today I have mini as front speakers I guess I should swap now, use the mini as rear surround?

And the rest: Imagine C for center channel,
two PC 2000 svs subs,
Image B4 as rear surround /they will be stored in the attick from now on.
post #6128 of 6140 Old 07-26-2015, 04:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dryasanne View Post

The problem. Today I have mini as front speakers I guess I should swap now, use the mini as rear surround?

two PC 2000 svs subs,
Congratulations!

Yep, put the "best" speakers on the channels with the most demanding content: B's and C on the LCR (of course), minis on surround duty and B4's on the rears, if your room can fit them.

Nobody puts B4 in the attic.
post #6129 of 6140 Old 07-26-2015, 05:25 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:

two PC 2000 svs subs,
Depending on what AVR you have, you may not be able to configure rear surrounds unless side surrounds are present. Besides, the content in the side surrounds is way more important that what comes out of rear surrounds. Regardless of where you place the Mini's, I recommend configuring them as side surrounds. Side surrounds can be placed anywhere from 90 degrees to 120 degrees from your MLP and still sound correct.
post #6130 of 6140 Old 07-26-2015, 06:09 AM

yamaha 2030 very satisfied with thaat one

Mea culpa not b4 rather b5

I now have a luxury problem I have two set of psb image the small b4 and the b5
One of the has to stored away I reckon b4 should be rear as they are smaler but I might be wrong?

I also wonders of that yamaha front presence I dont really get it If I assign them small b4 as such, how is this done and what would I hear in such bd as Interstellar?
post #6131 of 6140 Old 07-28-2015, 02:53 AM

Quoted: 18 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Thinking of buying the X2T & XC or KEF Q900 & Q600 with Denon X4000. Can't decide which speaker to get since i'm unable to audition either speaker.....
post #6132 of 6140 Old 07-28-2015, 12:48 PM

Quoted: 64 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:

two PC 2000 svs subs,
like the others said, however, im curious to know have you tried comparing the b to the mini? curious to know how much of a difference is between the 2.
once my basement is finished, I will be putting my imagine b's for my side surrounds and have the image b4's for the rears,wonder if i should change them for mini or b?
(T2 and Imagine C for the fronts)
post #6133 of 6140 Old 07-28-2015, 03:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by skads_187 View Post
like the others said, however, im curious to know have you tried comparing the b to the mini?
No. Will get the B in just a few days. Got them used cheap, but manufactured in 2014, cant be that bad?

Them mini sounds soo beautiful, that the imagine B must be something fantastic b fore I trade the mini for B as front, putting mini to surrounds.

If the B is that elyseic, next challenge what crossover freq? They will be on 80 cm high stands very close to my pair of Svs PC 2000 (both subs are in front on each side of the screen)

Exiciting times nowadays

Last edited by dryasanne; 07-28-2015 at 03:54 PM.
post #6134 of 6140 Old Yesterday, 08:37 AM

Quote:
No. Will get the B in just a few days. Got them used cheap, but manufactured in 2014, cant be that bad?

Them mini sounds soo beautiful, that the imagine B must be something fantastic b fore I trade the mini for B as front, putting mini to surrounds.

If the B is that elyseic, next challenge what crossover freq? They will be on 80 cm high stands very close to my pair of Svs PC 2000 (both subs are in front on each side of the screen)

Exiciting times nowadays
let me know once you tried them to know how different they are. for the crossover, not 100% sure really, typical is 80, however with your setup it might be different.
post #6135 of 6140 Old Yesterday, 08:46 AM

Intermezzo
Today I bought some decent stands for my mini s. Them B tech 80 cm high. Wastly better sounding speakers, more definition, more presence, everything!

Didnt know a pair of stands would make such a difference

That waste of money, buying two pair of stands, one for mini and one pair for the imagine B (90 cm high) - might very well be the best improvement for my system ?
post #6136 of 6140 Old Yesterday, 08:54 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Intermezzo
Today I bought some decent stands for my mini s. Them B tech 80 cm high. Wastly better sounding speakers, more definition, more presence, everything!

Didnt know a pair of stands would make such a difference

That waste of money, buying two pair of stands, one for mini and one pair for the imagine B (90 cm high) - might very well be the best improvement for my system ?
It is no surprise that a set of good stands improve how your speakers sound. I suspect 80cm is very close to the height of your ears when you are sitting in your favorite spot, which is very important. And the stands isolate the speakers from interference that can occur if the speakers are placed on a shelf. Congratulations, and enjoy!
post #6137 of 6140 Old Today, 04:03 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by skads_187 View Post
like the others said, however, im curious to know have you tried comparing the b to the mini? curious to know how much of a difference is between the 2.
once my basement is finished, I will be putting my imagine b's for my side surrounds and have the image b4's for the rears,wonder if i should change them for mini or b?
(T2 and Imagine C for the fronts)
Skads, PSB's intention is that their speakers are "voiced" similarly across all product lines: Alpha > Image/Imagine X > Imagine > Synchrony. Given that, and the type and amount of content delivered (unmixed or native) to the rear channels in a typical movie, I think the Image B4's will be perfectly fine on rear duty to an Imagine setup. There's probably better ways to spend your hard-earned audio dollar at this point.

Edit: Of course all that ^ is a dry economic rationalist argument. OTOH, if you feel that having a 100% Imagine setup would improve your overall enjoyment and contentment with the system, then go for it!

Last edited by GIEGAR; Today at 04:09 AM.
post #6138 of 6140 Old Today, 04:58 AM

Postlude

Just been to the postal service, got my second hand PSB Imagine B

Now, I have about two days to decide, keep them and pay the seller no later than Sunday. OR return them

Hmm. The looks is -- just like new, not a scratch everything is perfect! How do you find out if such used speakers are 100% ok ?

The speakers are two years old.
post #6139 of 6140 Old Today, 07:56 AM
Senior Writer @ AVS

Mentioned: 76 Post(s)
Quoted: 3050 Post(s)
Liked: 4806
I just posted a review of the Imagine X2Ts in the 2-channel audio section. A 5.2 system review with the X2Ts, XC, XB, and twin SubSeries 300s is in the works. But for now, the X2Ts on their own: PSB Imagine X2T Tower Speakers Official AVS Forum Review

Mark Henninger
post #6140 of 6140 Old Today, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GIEGAR View Post
Skads, PSB's intention is that their speakers are "voiced" similarly across all product lines: Alpha > Image/Imagine X > Imagine > Synchrony. Given that, and the type and amount of content delivered (unmixed or native) to the rear channels in a typical movie, I think the Image B4's will be perfectly fine on rear duty to an Imagine setup. There's probably better ways to spend your hard-earned audio dollar at this point.

Edit: Of course all that ^ is a dry economic rationalist argument. OTOH, if you feel that having a 100% Imagine setup would improve your overall enjoyment and contentment with the system, then go for it!
yeah, i could save up for a new receiver instead, which i plan to do.
my only question is how will the b4 perform on multichannel audio?

here is my other dilemma, i dont have stands yet for the imagine b, and i dont like the ones i have for the b4, they arent high enough.
1.) what are you guys using for imagine b's as far as stand models go? (im looking for at least 80cm type strands that I can find online, live in Canada)
2.) my other option would be , instead of spending money on stands, sell the imagine b and image b4, and replace them with floorstanders? like maybe an x1t?

let me know what you guys think, thanks
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Audyssey , image s5 c5 , Nad , Psb , psb image b6 , Psb Image T6 Tower Floorstanding Speaker , Psb Speakers Image B5 Bookshelf , Psb Speakers Image C5 Centre , Psb Speakers Image T5 Tower , Psb Speakers Subseries 200 Subwoofer , Psb Synchrony One , Rythmik Audio , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page