PSB Speakers Owners thread - Page 207 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 64Likes

Old Today, 06:05 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 37 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3270 Post(s)
Liked: 1787
Quote:
Originally Posted by HrOnsdag View Post
Hi guys!

I have a set of Image 5T's that I have to replace tweeters on, but unfortunatelly it wasn't me who took out the old ones so I don't know what is the correct way to connect them.

I have a blue and a yellow wire - witch one is the positive and whitch one is the negative?
When I replaced the tweeter on my Synchrony One, the terminal on the tweeter had a spot of paint that corresponded to the wire color that connected to that terminal. Otherwise, time to call PSB support.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old Today, 06:34 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3db View Post
If I were you, I would stick with X1Ts and but the $500 savings into the sub. They'll be able to handle the midbass just fine. For subs, I recommend looking at Rythmik, SVS, PSA, HSU.

In the first pics below, you can see the Image T45s and a Rythmik sub . The T45s are very close to the X1Ts . In my area, my ears give out before the T45s do. The rest of the pics just gives you an indication of room size.

Attachment 924402

Attachment 924410

Attachment 924418

Attachment 924426
So the Image T5's are on sale for $600 CAD, compared to the CAD1000 for Imagine X1T's and CAD1500 for X2T's. Should i jump on that deal? How do the T5's compare to the X1T's.
Old Today, 08:53 AM
3db
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 81 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Quote:
Originally Posted by dcolaco View Post
So the Image T5's are on sale for $600 CAD, compared to the CAD1000 for Imagine X1T's and CAD1500 for X2T's. Should i jump on that deal? How do the T5's compare to the X1T's.
You would need to do a side by side comparison to see what you prefer. You are the one that will be listening to them. Not me
Old Today, 10:24 AM

Quote:
You would need to do a side by side comparison to see what you prefer. You are the one that will be listening to them. Not me
I just ended up buying the X2Ts . Just after typing my last message the X2T's went on sale for 200 bucks off, and i never see them on sale so I had to check them out. Went in during my lunch and I love them. Sounded much better than the X1T's IMO. The X2T's will definitely be able to provide me with enough low end until i get a sub. They don't come in for a few days so that gives me time to decide if i want the NAD D 3020 or something else. I heard the X2T's hooked up to the D3020 but I felt like it lacked power. I was playing off Bluetooth, so that must have been the issue. I will go back there with my laptop and my set of FLAC albums, and connect it directly through USB and then decide. I'm in an apartment so i feel like the sound would have been more than adequate and the room was much larger so i have to factor that in.

Any recommendations on an amp to drive the X2T's? Budget of around 500 to 1000CAD. I would rather stay on the low end since my plan is to upgrade to a 5.1 in a year or two anyways. 2.1 for now though. I was considering the NAD C 356BEE due to it's higher output, but most of my music is off my laptop, so i would need to look into a DAC. And i will use the optical in on the D3020.

Thanks!
Old Today, 10:31 AM
3db
Advanced Member

Quote:
I just ended up buying the X2Ts . Just after typing my last message the X2T's went on sale for 200 bucks off, and i never see them on sale so I had to check them out. Went in during my lunch and I love them. Sounded much better than the X1T's IMO. The X2T's will definitely be able to provide me with enough low end until i get a sub. They don't come in for a few days so that gives me time to decide if i want the NAD D 3020 or something else. I heard the X2T's hooked up to the D3020 but I felt like it lacked power. I was playing off Bluetooth, so that must have been the issue. I will go back there with my laptop and my set of FLAC albums, and connect it directly through USB and then decide. I'm in an apartment so i feel like the sound would have been more than adequate and the room was much larger so i have to factor that in.

Any recommendations on an amp to drive the X2T's? Budget of around 500 to 1000CAD. I would rather stay on the low end since my plan is to upgrade to a 5.1 in a year or two anyways. 2.1 for now though. I was considering the NAD C 356BEE due to it's higher output, but most of my music is off my laptop, so i would need to look into a DAC. And i will use the optical in on the D3020.

Thanks!
Is this strictly for 2 channel or will you be completing a surround sound system? Congrats BTW
Old Today, 10:47 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AustinJerry View Post
When I replaced the tweeter on my Synchrony One, the terminal on the tweeter had a spot of paint that corresponded to the wire color that connected to that terminal. Otherwise, time to call PSB support.
The tweeters I am using aren't original so that isn't an option...

I have sent a request to PSB, but thought maybe someone here knew. If not I'll just wait until I recieve an answer from PSB.
Old Today, 11:07 AM

Quote:
Is this strictly for 2 channel or will you be completing a surround sound system? Congrats BTW
Thanks! I can barely work. I would like to complete a 5.1 system one day, so maybe an integrated 5.1 amp could be in my budget, and then add the center then surrounds as i save up more. However, i noticed that most of the 5.1 integrate amps under CAD1000 had an output rating similar to the NAD D3020 per channel. Anyways i'm open to suggestions for anything under CAD1000 that would power the two X2T's better than a NAD D3020 for now.

I don't even have a proper TV yet so that's part of the reason why 5.1 can wait. I'm more of a music listener as well.
Old Today, 11:26 AM
3db
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks! I can barely work. I would like to complete a 5.1 system one day, so maybe an integrated 5.1 amp could be in my budget, and then add the center then surrounds as i save up more. However, i noticed that most of the 5.1 integrate amps under CAD1000 had an output rating similar to the NAD D3020 per channel. Anyways i'm open to suggestions for anything under CAD1000 that would power the two X2T's better than a NAD D3020 for now.

I don't even have a proper TV yet so that's part of the reason why 5.1 can wait. I'm more of a music listener as well.
If you are planning HT in the future, I would look at Yamaha, Denon, or Marantz. I prefer Yamaha over the other two as they are the envy in the industry for build quality, client satisfaction, and above all reliability. I would look at the RX-A850 or RX-A1050 models new or get their previous generation models, RX-A840/1040, RX-A830/1030 used. Try looking here: http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/

For instance... the RX-A2020 is a very nice AVR for $850 used.

http://www.canuckaudiomart.com/detai...20-92-channel/

Don't get hung up on the All Channels Driven (ACD) power test when looking at the various receivers because all that test does is test how agressive the protection circuitry is used to prevent burning out the power supply or amp sections. Look at the 2 channels test as this is a much better indicator at how much power the receiver can deliver.

Last edited by 3db; Today at 11:45 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Audyssey , image s5 c5 , Nad , Psb , psb image b6 , Psb Image T6 Tower Floorstanding Speaker , Psb Speakers Image B5 Bookshelf , Psb Speakers Image C5 Centre , Psb Speakers Image T5 Tower , Psb Speakers Subseries 200 Subwoofer , Psb Synchrony One , Rythmik Audio , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer