post #631 of 5724 Old 02-06-2008, 08:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jerelect View Post

Thanks,intresting-I tried running fronts as full but they seem to get a better mix crossed at 40hz.backs, surrounds and center totally have me miffed. Thanks.

After my manual tweaking I ended having my sub volume set pretty far down. Room placement may also play into it, I'm getting some pretty good low freq. room gain (would probably be getting even more if I could get my wife to let me move one particular couch ;-) so the real low end picks up pretty well even with things dialed down. I would expect that with a better sub I might indeed want to take the very low end of the Golds out of the picture so that makes sense to me.

Not sure what you're saying about the surrounds and center? Are they not sounding like you want and if not what's wrong? Does the Onkyo let you look at the equalization curves?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #632 of 5724 Old 02-06-2008, 08:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by scientest View Post

That's wacky, I was the one who sent it, in case you're wondering...

I don't know if the Yamaha will let you manually tweak the EQ curve? If so, you might play with that while you wait for the mic. (Don't know if they are all the same but I have an extra for the DSP-1000, PM me if you want me to look up the part #, I can send it to you for the cost of shipping if it's a match.)

Sounds like you already sent them back? You need to give them a chance, the fatigue can most likely be corrected to be closer to your liking. The current equalization curve could be way off...

Thanks, I might take you up on the mic offer. I'll check with Yamaha to see what their policy is on missing items in the box.

I did take the speakers back. I listened to them in the store on a Pioneer Elite receiver and they sounded good, but that was with other background noise and a non-ideal listening setup.

After playing CDs and switching between those and my missions, I decided to pop the CD into the computer and play with the computer's EQ. (digital out to the receiver).

I made them better, but simply could not get them to a point where it would have been an $800 upgrade over what I already have. Keep in mind that those Missions were ~$700 new in 1997. (I bought them used a month ago).

I'm probably didn't give them enough of a chance, but the price was a bit of a stretch for me and I wasn't as blown away by them as I thought I'd be. As I said, the bass extention and staging was great.
post #633 of 5724 Old 02-06-2008, 09:11 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by j213 View Post

thank you

do you think the s50's for the surrounds and rears are a good match i think they sound incredible

does anyone else have any opinions on the surround set up

S50 is a great dipole speaker, but, as most dipoles out there, expensive. If you want use B15's as your rears (not same effect as dipoles), and with the money saved upgrade your mains to T45 or T55, keeping your C40.
post #634 of 5724 Old 02-06-2008, 11:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Sounds like you already sent them back? You need to give them a chance, the fatigue can most likely be corrected to be closer to your liking. The current equalization curve could be way off...

People talk about how breakin in speakers is needed, or how it is not needed. In my case, I noticed a change on the T45's sound after some hours of playing them, it became smoother. Also, room acoustics have a lot to do with the description given of theT45 SQ.
post #635 of 5724 Old 02-06-2008, 04:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by timzo View Post

I am consider the following for a 7.1 setup any thoughts? Good or bad?

C60
T65
CW363
CW160
SubSeries 6i (is it possible to use a single subwoofer cable with this unit?)
Downloaded the manual, but it is not clear if you can or can't.

Most likely Onkyo 805

Ok I responded to this the other day but apparently it got lost with the server failure so here goes. I have the subsonic 6 i and it can use just one rca cord. I have mine attached to a y adapter so both the left and right line level inputs of the subwoofer are connected. However, I have read online at a few different sites that this is unneccessary but I prefer it. You can just run the cord into the left input and leave the other one open. Hope this helps. Here are 2 websites with good articles on subwoofer setup:
http://www.bigpicturebigsound.com/pr...icle_560.shtml
and
http://forum.ecoustics.com/bbs/messa...79/109297.html
post #636 of 5724 Old 02-06-2008, 04:50 PM

has anyone completed a comparison test between the paradigm s6 and psb synchrony 2? i may be able to audition the psb's this weekend and am wondering if they are worth considering, along with paradigm. what are your impressions of the overall sound difference between the two? i do know the paradigm sound, having heard the 100's (v3 & v4) and s8 (v1) and think they are excellent. i am interested in the s6 as well. i would appreciate everyones thoughts. i posted this question on the paradigm thread also.

thanks,

m
post #637 of 5724 Old 02-06-2008, 05:10 PM
AVS Addicted Member

I haven't, though in the absence of anything more substantive, i would suspect that the Two is a bit warmer/smoother than the Paradigm line. Many people were saying that the Platinum line was warmer than the Paradigms and I think the Synchrony One at least is better than the Platinum T6/T8 in the midrange. Very smooth. Very low distortion. Clean and detailed without brightness, yet having a nice rich bass.

John
post #638 of 5724 Old 02-07-2008, 07:01 AM

Just ordered a set of B20s, B15s and C40. This will be my first home theater setup. Still need to order a reciever. Leaning towards a Marantz 4002 or a Pioneer Premier TXH91. The marantz seems to do all I need for a good price so will probably go that route if I can find one for a deal.
post #639 of 5724 Old 02-07-2008, 09:23 AM

Quote:

After my manual tweaking I ended having my sub volume set pretty far down. Room placement may also play into it, I'm getting some pretty good low freq. room gain (would probably be getting even more if I could get my wife to let me move one particular couch ;-) so the real low end picks up pretty well even with things dialed down. I would expect that with a better sub I might indeed want to take the very low end of the Golds out of the picture so that makes sense to me.

Not sure what you're saying about the surrounds and center? Are they not sounding like you want and if not what's wrong? Does the Onkyo let you look at the equalization curves?

I ran Audessey again,8 position but this time I lowered the sub gain to about 1/3 and set crossovers to 80hz (per THX)before running Audessey.After checking settings the distances were perfect,it left crossovers at 80hz except for the fronts were full.I changed fronts back to 40hz and took my spl & set everything to 75db.This seemed to make everything just come together.So thanks for your help.Will continue to tweak the xovers & see what happens.And no the Onkyo doesn't show curves just on, off & manual.
post #640 of 5724 Old 02-07-2008, 09:30 AM

I have my home theater now set up - Fronts are 800's, Center is Image 8C, Sub is Image 6, Side Surrounds are S50's and 2 Rears are Alpha's. The 2 Rear Alpha's are mounted via an adjustable bracket but the combination of the speaker and bracket cause it to stick out about 12in total from the wall. I am toying with using the Alpha's in another part of my home and am looking for advice on what I should use as my 2 back speakers - something that does not stick out as far. But the PSB website doesn't show rear speakers on their setups so am looking for advice from this forum. So what would I change the Alpha's to? or should I just leave them and change the bracket to a flush wall mount?

thanks

rick
post #641 of 5724 Old 02-07-2008, 01:01 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rick11 View Post

IBut the PSB website doesn't show rear speakers on their setups so am looking for advice from this forum.

The conventional wisdom seems to be that rear surrounds are the same as side surrounds. You don't tell us what your room looks like or why you want the speakers to be flush mounted?

If you flush mount your Alpha's you'll probably get some more boundary reinforcement. This might be ok, but they're likely not the best match for the Image series in the first place. If possible, if I was you I'd try some sort of temporary setup to see if you like them flush mounted.

If you determine that you want different speakers, then depending on your room and budget another pair of S50's might work well, or alternately a pair of B15's or B25's. The Bx5s would likely also have boundary reinforcement issues if you flush mount them.

I don't know how the PSB in walls match up with the Image series, I'd _guess_ the CW260 or maybe the CW363 should work. If you're determined to go with flush mount you may want to e-mail PSB at the address given on the web site from the support page and ask what they think.
post #642 of 5724 Old 02-07-2008, 02:16 PM

Thanks for this. The room is roughly 22ft wide by 21 long. there is a sizeable angled cutoff on one rear/side wall that runs 45 degrees side to back. I am not sure i understand what boundary reinforcement means - pls educate me. THe only reason for wanting them flush mounted - like the S50's are, is that I have built a bar area at the back of the room vs 2 rows of theater seating. I was concerned someone might walk into the alpha's although I have them about 6 ft 3in from floor level. Second, the flush mount on the s50's is so clean and neat looking vs a couple of boxes mounted away from the wall. That said, I don't think I want to spend another $500 for them. ANd I get pretty much the same mounting issue with the Bx5's. Net, I probably will stick with what I have.

By the way any other comments on my setup - do you think the various pieces I have cobbled together over the years match up well together or should i (over time) make some changes?

thanks
post #643 of 5724 Old 02-07-2008, 02:43 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I am not sure i understand what boundary reinforcement means - pls educate me.

I can try: your room has natural acoustic resonances, for a given dimension there are certain frequencies that have wavelengths that are natural multiples of the dimension. If you place a speaker at a room boundary then you are going to exciting those resonances more than if you put your speaker some distance away from a boundary. (So a sub in a corner excites three resonances.) Make sense or do you want me to go on?

Quote:

THe only reason for wanting them flush mounted - like the S50's are, is that I have built a bar area at the back of the room vs 2 rows of theater seating. I was concerned someone might walk into the alpha's although I have them about 6 ft 3in from floor level. Second, the flush mount on the s50's is so clean and neat looking vs a couple of boxes mounted away from the wall. That said, I don't think I want to spend another $500 for them. ANd I get pretty much the same mounting issue with the Bx5's.

So, when you say "flush" you really mean against the wall and not sticking out as much and not actually flush with the surface (ie. smooth surface from the wall to the speaker front)? If so, try a temporary mount with the Alphas and see what you think

Quote:

By the way any other comments on my setup - do you think the various pieces I have cobbled together over the years match up well together or should i (over time) make some changes?

Well the Alphas are the most obvious mismatch to me. I'm not all that familiar with the 800's, though I have a pair of 500's. I'm guessing they are a little boomy compared to the Image line with not as refined treble but that with a little bit of equalization they can be tamed? What are you using for signal processing (What receiver with what equalization and what room setup)? Hopefully some others here have some more thoughts...
post #644 of 5724 Old 02-07-2008, 03:28 PM

First let me say thanks for all the advice -this is great and i appreciate it!
I understand the natural resonance comment - it the speaker is against the wall, there are some frequencies that get enhanced as the match the natural wall frequency. Maybe not 100% accurate but that is the idea. There must be some way the S50's are designed that keep this from happening since they are wall mounted.

Yes, sorry - what i meant was speaker mounted flush to the wall vs an inwall arrangement. i will try smaller brackets and see if this works well.

THe room is still underconstruction so sound testing is not optimum yet - no carpet, some curtains to be installed and sound absorption panels. The AV receiver is a Pioneer Elite VSX 92-THX. Last night I used the automatic speaker setup - and even with the room being all hard surfaces, I thought it sounded quite good. Maybe the receiver has a way setting up the speakers and signal to mitigate the impact of all the hard surfaces. I also wonder if the receiver can make the Alpha's work ok. WHen u say they are a mismatch, help me understand how it might be different (sound different/better) if I had S50's or Bx5's

THe 800's were purchased around 1994 (along with the Alpha's) - my first home theater setup. THey have two 8"s woofers and a 1in tweeter. Still a great pair of speakers.
post #645 of 5724 Old 02-07-2008, 03:34 PM

Anymore Opinions On My Setup Would Be Greatly Appreciated
post #646 of 5724 Old 02-07-2008, 08:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I understand the natural resonance comment - it the speaker is against the wall, there are some frequencies that get enhanced as the match the natural wall frequency. Maybe not 100% accurate but that is the idea.

Sorta, kinda, the wall doesn't have a "natural [resonant] frequency" the room does (many of them), but yeah, that's the idea.

Quote:

There must be some way the S50's are designed that keep this from happening since they are wall mounted.

Yeah, there are two (sorta three) things to compensate for this:

1) speakers designed to be mounted on a surface often have their crossovers designed to compensate for the resultant lower frequency boost.

2 (and sorta 3) these particular speakers are dipoles; this means the speakers are firing off at an angle to the boundary they are mounted on and that the drivers are wired out of phase with each other. Both these things mean that they aren't directly working with the room resonances as much as they would be other wise.

The sorta three qualification is because some surrounds are designed as bipoles (drivers in phase). This can result in a more direct sound (since out of phase drivers can sorta work against each other). The gross generialization is that music lovers tend to like this (the bipole sound) more and that movie effects often work better with dipoles. I don't know to what extent the S50s are designed specifically to compensate for room boundary reinforcement.

Quote:

THe room is still underconstruction so sound testing is not optimum yet - no carpet, some curtains to be installed and sound absorption panels. The AV receiver is a Pioneer Elite VSX 92-THX. Last night I used the automatic speaker setup - and even with the room being all hard surfaces, I thought it sounded quite good. Maybe the receiver has a way setting up the speakers and signal to mitigate the impact of all the hard surfaces.

Well, yeah, that's the job of the automatic setup. It can only do so much, so the more the room helps the better things should get.

Quote:

I also wonder if the receiver can make the Alpha's work ok. WHen u say they are a mismatch, help me understand how it might be different (sound different/better) if I had S50's or Bx5's

That's a hard question to answer. One thing you can maybe play with is swapping the S50's and the Alphas you have with each other and seeing what happens. I like the S50's and like the way they work in rooms I've heard them in, I think they are great speakers for well designed home theater rooms. (My current room is very tough (new house this summer) and I'm still debating what way to go here.)

One important thing is that, physically, the Alphas can't really match the power handling of the rest of your speakers. I'm not sure about the 800's but the rest can handle about double the power of the Alphas. If you listen to things loud (reference levels) the Alphas will be the first thing to distort and could even break down completely.

Quote:

THe 800's were purchased around 1994 (along with the Alpha's) - my first home theater setup. THey have two 8"s woofers and a 1in tweeter. Still a great pair of speakers.

The Image T55 would probably be the closest modern replacement in the PSB line, but they may sound leaner (less bass) to you. Long term, maybe save your pennies for the T65, I'd guess they'd have pretty much the same bass, and very likely better mids. My first priority would be to replace the Alpha's. Lastly, I would be to update the C8 and the sub in a couple of years, some time after that you can start all over again with say the Synchrony line.... (Hah!)
post #647 of 5724 Old 02-07-2008, 08:37 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by j213 View Post

I have an onkyo tx-sr805 Receiver
I have alpha minis for my fronts (older ones)
the c40 for my center
and s-50's for my side surround
and rear surround ...
and a 200watt kenwood powered subwoofer

Any opinions on how i could make this system better would be greatly appreciated..........

Sorry missed this. The most obvious thing is to replace the Alphas, similar comments as to Rick11 moments ago. Any sub? If not that might be the first thing to do, but the Alpha's really are a mismatch for the S50's...

What's the room like?
post #648 of 5724 Old 02-08-2008, 09:59 AM

Quote:

Sorta, kinda, the wall doesn't have a "natural [resonant] frequency" the room does (many of them), but yeah, that's the idea.

Yeah, there are two (sorta three) things to compensate for this:

1) speakers designed to be mounted on a surface often have their crossovers designed to compensate for the resultant lower frequency boost.

2 (and sorta 3) these particular speakers are dipoles; this means the speakers are firing off at an angle to the boundary they are mounted on and that the drivers are wired out of phase with each other. Both these things mean that they aren't directly working with the room resonances as much as they would be other wise.

The sorta three qualification is because some surrounds are designed as bipoles (drivers in phase). This can result in a more direct sound (since out of phase drivers can sorta work against each other). The gross generialization is that music lovers tend to like this (the bipole sound) more and that movie effects often work better with dipoles. I don't know to what extent the S50s are designed specifically to compensate for room boundary reinforcement.

Well, yeah, that's the job of the automatic setup. It can only do so much, so the more the room helps the better things should get.

That's a hard question to answer. One thing you can maybe play with is swapping the S50's and the Alphas you have with each other and seeing what happens. I like the S50's and like the way they work in rooms I've heard them in, I think they are great speakers for well designed home theater rooms. (My current room is very tough (new house this summer) and I'm still debating what way to go here.)

One important thing is that, physically, the Alphas can't really match the power handling of the rest of your speakers. I'm not sure about the 800's but the rest can handle about double the power of the Alphas. If you listen to things loud (reference levels) the Alphas will be the first thing to distort and could even break down completely.

The Image T55 would probably be the closest modern replacement in the PSB line, but they may sound leaner (less bass) to you. Long term, maybe save your pennies for the T65, I'd guess they'd have pretty much the same bass, and very likely better mids. My first priority would be to replace the Alpha's. Lastly, I would be to update the C8 and the sub in a couple of years, some time after that you can start all over again with say the Synchrony line.... (Hah!)

Thanks again. I am going to wait until the curtains, carpet, furniture, and acoustic panels are installed, go thru the auto setup again and at then begin trying the alpha/S50 switch. Will let u know how it goes

and as you said, we can continue to save up our pennies and continue our Synchrony dreams.....
post #649 of 5724 Old 02-08-2008, 10:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael630 View Post

has anyone completed a comparison test between the paradigm s6 and psb synchrony 2? i may be able to audition the psb's this weekend and am wondering if they are worth considering, along with paradigm. what are your impressions of the overall sound difference between the two? i do know the paradigm sound, having heard the 100's (v3 & v4) and s8 (v1) and think they are excellent. i am interested in the s6 as well. i would appreciate everyones thoughts. i posted this question on the paradigm thread also.

thanks,

m

I auditioned both, as the local dealer has PSB, Paradigm, and Focal. Synch and Sig are great speakers, no favorite in particular. This is one tough contest that I would decide solely based on looks and price.
post #650 of 5724 Old 02-08-2008, 10:36 AM

After reading many of the posts, I have elected to go with PSB. I am trying to setup a 5.1 system and not knowing anything about speakers , I could use some help. I am looking to spend around 1K for spearkers/sub.

Basement Room: 12w x 16l. There is no rear wall and no right wall (when facing TV; room is separated by couches). Speakers will be used 50% for Music and 50% for TV. And I like it loud .

My original thought is to go with the: Alpha T1's, C1, 5i Sub and I need in-ceiling speakers for the rears.

1) Does anyone know anything about the PSB ceiling speakers? Are they as good as their other non-ceiling speakers? Or is there a another brand that has better ceiling speakers?

2) I am planning on purchasing a Denon 2308ci but have decided to wait until Denon releases the 2008 models (supposedly this summer). Does PSB release speakers yearly with newer technology and improvements like AVR's?

3) If I am able to upgrade some of the Alpha's to the Image, what speaker(s) should I consider upgrading?

4) Should I consider upgrading the sub to the 6i?

Thanks.
post #651 of 5724 Old 02-08-2008, 10:39 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

I have my home theater now set up - Fronts are 800's, Center is Image 8C, Sub is Image 6, Side Surrounds are S50's and 2 Rears are Alpha's. The 2 Rear Alpha's are mounted via an adjustable bracket but the combination of the speaker and bracket cause it to stick out about 12in total from the wall. I am toying with using the Alpha's in another part of my home and am looking for advice on what I should use as my 2 back speakers - something that does not stick out as far. But the PSB website doesn't show rear speakers on their setups so am looking for advice from this forum. So what would I change the Alpha's to? or should I just leave them and change the bracket to a flush wall mount?

thanks

rick

PSB LR1, they won't stick out as far, and if needed you can mount on-wall.
post #652 of 5724 Old 02-08-2008, 10:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jking12 View Post

After reading many of the posts, I have elected to go with PSB. I am trying to setup a 5.1 system and not knowing anything about speakers , I could use some help. I am looking to spend around 1K for spearkers/sub.

Basement Room: 12w x 16l. There is no rear wall and no right wall (when facing TV; room is separated by couches). Speakers will be used 50% for Music and 50% for TV. And I like it loud .

My original thought is to go with the: Alpha T1's, C1, 5i Sub and I need in-ceiling speakers for the rears.

1) Does anyone know anything about the PSB ceiling speakers? Are they as good as their other non-ceiling speakers? Or is there a another brand that has better ceiling speakers? PSB in-ceiling are as good as most reknown brands out there, good choice. Be advised that most in-ceiling perform sub-par compared to bookshelves, onwalls, or floor, but you are using them for rears, and they will work fine at that. The drawback is that the surround sound might be too direct, but you can adjust the speaker firing angle, which will help.

2) I am planning on purchasing a Denon 2308ci but have decided to wait until Denon releases the 2008 models (supposedly this summer). Does PSB release speakers yearly with newer technology and improvements like AVR's? No, PSB does not release series improvements yearly, actually most speakers manufacturers don't. Why not 2308??? It is probable less expensive tha the new Denon's to be released, it is like a year old only, and I don't see any major tech improvements for the future series that will justify the higher price.

3) If I am able to upgrade some of the Alpha's to the Image, what speaker(s) should I consider upgrading? All three fronts (L/C/R)

4) Should I consider upgrading the sub to the 6i? What do you think of your current sub???

Thanks.

See answers above...
post #653 of 5724 Old 02-08-2008, 10:59 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR Audio View Post

PSB LR1, they won't stick out as far, and if needed you can mount on-wall.

Still low power handling capabilities compared to the rest of his system...?
post #654 of 5724 Old 02-08-2008, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by PR Audio View Post

1) Does anyone know anything about the PSB ceiling speakers? Are they as good as their other non-ceiling speakers? Or is there a another brand that has better ceiling speakers? PSB in-ceiling are as good as most reknown brands out there, good choice. Be advised that most in-ceiling perform sub-par compared to bookshelves, onwalls, or floor, but you are using them for rears, and they will work fine at that. The drawback is that the surround sound might be too direct, but you can adjust the speaker firing angle, which will help. Is there a particular PSB model you could recommend that falls within my budget?

2) I am planning on purchasing a Denon 2308ci but have decided to wait until Denon releases the 2008 models (supposedly this summer). Does PSB release speakers yearly with newer technology and improvements like AVR's? No, PSB does not release series improvements yearly, actually most speakers manufacturers don't. Why not 2308??? It is probable less expensive tha the new Denon's to be released, it is like a year old only, and I don't see any major tech improvements for the future series that will justify the higher price. I was told the next 2308 will have additional HDMI inputs (2 is too few) and many of the HD codecs that the 2308 is currently lacking.

3) If I am able to upgrade some of the Alpha's to the Image, what speaker(s) should I consider upgrading? All three fronts (L/C/R) Do you think the Image series is that much better that I should upgrade? Could I get a way with upgrading the just the Center or just the towers?

4) Should I consider upgrading the sub to the 6i? What do you think of your current sub???
I currently don't have any avr/speakers/sub. I just wanted to know if you think the 5i sub is adequate for my room or in your opinion is the 6i a much better way to go.

Thanks PR, see responses above...
post #655 of 5724 Old 02-08-2008, 11:18 AM
AVS Addicted Member

We are an NHT dealer and we were getting some big scale bulk deals on NHTs that we couldn't ignore for several years, but we started selling the PSBs and they are really really good. i'd given them short shrift because i didn't think they were as well built, but it just didn't matter, they sound just fantastic. I feel a little guilty for not supporting them before. Very smooth, very powerful bass, even the 5" ones.

John
post #656 of 5724 Old 02-08-2008, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alimentall View Post

We are an NHT dealer and we were getting some big scale bulk deals on NHTs that we couldn't ignore for several years, but we started selling the PSBs and they are really really good. i'd given them short shrift because i didn't think they were as well built, but it just didn't matter, they sound just fantastic. I feel a little guilty for not supporting them before. Very smooth, very powerful bass, even the 5" ones.

My son, feel lucky, you have been touched by the light...
post #657 of 5724 Old 02-08-2008, 12:01 PM

Hi Everyone,
I have pair Alpha T1 and Alpha Center, and undecide on pair CW28 In-wall speaker for rear and i can this at really good cost, i am not sure how they sound in back..The A/V receiver Marantz SR5001.I need your need input..

Thanks
post #658 of 5724 Old 02-08-2008, 12:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky3son View Post

Hi Everyone,
I have pair Alpha T1 and Alpha Center, and undecide on pair CW28 In-wall speaker for rear and i can this at really good cost, i am not sure how they sound in back..The A/V receiver Marantz SR5001.I need your need input..

Thanks

For rear or sides? If for rear, I think you'll be fine but I wouldn't buy them for the sides - at this point in time I wouldn't use any in-wall's other than rear duty. I like to listen and run acoustic tests and get my speakers in the perfect spot - not easy on a product installed in the wall.

Why is there NO perfect equipment, only compromises?
post #659 of 5724 Old 02-08-2008, 12:43 PM

Thanks for respond, but only reason i suggest it that i have pair Alpha B1, and it new house and wiring are in about 5ft and the wife no hanging on the wall.What do you mean not easy to installed. Only drywall and i will fill in R22 fiberglass. I am pretty with Tools..

Thanks
post #660 of 5724 Old 02-08-2008, 12:48 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 12 Post(s)
Liked: 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky3son View Post

Thanks for respond, but only reason i suggest it that i have pair Alpha B1, and it new house and wiring are in about 5ft and the wife no hanging on the wall.What do you mean not easy to installed. Only drywall and i will fill in R22 fiberglass. I am pretty with Tools..

I didn't mean they are not easy to install, it's just if you install them and THEN find out that they are in the wrong spot during some acoustical tests, you will have to do a lot of work to move them. I spent about four days after buying my speakers moving them around on stands before I got them in the best acoustical spot - AND I had professional help.

Why is there NO perfect equipment, only compromises?
Reply Speakers

Tags
Psb , Psb Speakers Image T5 Tower , Psb Speakers Image C5 Centre , Psb Speakers Subseries 200 Subwoofer , Psb Speakers Image B5 Bookshelf , Psb Image T6 Tower Floorstanding Speaker , Nad , Psb Synchrony One , Rythmik Audio , Audyssey , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page