PSB Speakers Owners thread - Page 221 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 189Likes
post #6601 of 6622 Old 05-12-2016, 06:45 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 17 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Review of the Imagine XA elevation speakers

http://www.avsforum.com/psb-imagine-...eakers-review/
GorillaBot likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6602 of 6622 Old 05-17-2016, 09:01 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
psb infinite t4 crossover

Does anyone has any idea about the crossover in T4 infinite or similar one? type of filter, schematik, etc.
thanks
post #6603 of 6622 Old 05-17-2016, 09:54 AM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaRomeoTango View Post
Tell us more! What did you pick for the centre? Surrounds?
I am only replacing the towers.
The rest of the system is Image 1B for surrounds, Image 8C center and Subsonic 6 for subwoofer. (one of these days I'll upgrade the subwoofer, but it does the job just fine. I don't listen to movie soundtracks nearly as critically as I listen to music.)

It's really impressive how good everything still sounds. Even the 4t's are still great, to tell you the truth. I just decided to take the plunge and upgrade to the Imagine T2.
They are due to be delivered this afternoon.

For those of you that have them, what is your experience on "break in" before they really start to sing (if there is such a thing.)
post #6604 of 6622 Old 05-19-2016, 08:44 AM
3db
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 149 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by maestro50 View Post
I am only replacing the towers.
The rest of the system is Image 1B for surrounds, Image 8C center and Subsonic 6 for subwoofer. (one of these days I'll upgrade the subwoofer, but it does the job just fine. I don't listen to movie soundtracks nearly as critically as I listen to music.)

It's really impressive how good everything still sounds. Even the 4t's are still great, to tell you the truth. I just decided to take the plunge and upgrade to the Imagine T2.
They are due to be delivered this afternoon.

For those of you that have them, what is your experience on "break in" before they really start to sing (if there is such a thing.)
It took my ears only a couple of days to break in after buying my new Imagine T45s at the time.
Ovation likes this.

Receiver: Yamaha RX-V1800/Yamaha RX-V1500
Display: Vizio SV-470M 47"/Toshiba 32" CRT
BluRay/CD: Sony BDP-S360/Toshiba DVD/VHS; Turntable ProJect Xpression III
Speakers PSB: Mains Image T-45/Alphas; Center Image 8C/100C; Srnd Image 1B/Alpha Mites
Subwoofer: Rythmic LV12-R/PSB Subsonic 5
Media Player WD + 3TB USB drive/Iomega + 1TB internal drive
post #6605 of 6622 Old 05-28-2016, 04:52 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
psb infinite tweeter

Hi guys, do you know if the S10 infinite surrounf tweeter are the same of the 4T? do you ave any frequency responce charth or technical parameters?
thanks
post #6606 of 6622 Old 06-11-2016, 03:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Has anyone compared the Imagine C3 center channel to the Synchrony 1 center channel speaker? Are there any significant differences? Is one better than the other?
amchillin likes this.
post #6607 of 6622 Old 06-13-2016, 10:17 AM
Advanced Member

Ok so I am trying to figure out who has actually listened to the new T3 and C3 speakers and how hey would compare to the higher end Aerial Acoustics line (which are phenomenal btw!!!). I have started a thread here but it appears that only Aerial acoustics owners are participating. If you've heard these, can you please chime in a offer your opinions? I think PSB is really challenging the big boys with the Imagine T3 and C3!!

Here is the thread: PSB Imagine T3 -vs- Aerial Acoustics 7T

Thanks!! 👍👍
nakkiran likes this.
post #6608 of 6622 Old 06-17-2016, 01:27 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 2
PSB X2T 5.1.4 system adequate enough for my room ?

Hi friends,

I am setting up a 5.1.4 home theatre in a dedicated room in my new flat with Dolby Atmos. My purpose for home theatre is for viewing 70% movies or live sports screening and rest 30% music.

Room size is 14.5ft x 10.5ft and height till false ceiling is 8.5ft. Screen will be on wall measuring 10.5ft. On this 10.5ft wall, 7ft x 4ft window is also there, that why I am going for motorised screen. Screen and front floor standing speakers will come in front of this window and centre speaker below screen.

I have shortlisted below PSB 5.1.4 setup alongwith Denon AVR X6200W for my room :

PSB X2 T - Floor Standing TOWER (PAIR)
PSB XC - CENTER
PSB XB - REAR SPEAKERS (PAIR)
PSB SUB 200
PSB CW 80 R (2 PAIRs) In Ceiling

Based on the above room dimensions, Is this speaker adequate enough to serve my purpose for movies+music or Is it large or too much to not give proper sound ? Will it lead to booming or too many reflections/ muddy sound ?

Please give your suggestion for this...
post #6609 of 6622 Old 06-17-2016, 05:28 AM
3db
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kartiknibjiya View Post
Hi friends,

I am setting up a 5.1.4 home theatre in a dedicated room in my new flat with Dolby Atmos. My purpose for home theatre is for viewing 70% movies or live sports screening and rest 30% music.

Room size is 14.5ft x 10.5ft and height till false ceiling is 8.5ft. Screen will be on wall measuring 10.5ft. On this 10.5ft wall, 7ft x 4ft window is also there, that why I am going for motorised screen. Screen and front floor standing speakers will come in front of this window and centre speaker below screen.

I have shortlisted below PSB 5.1.4 setup alongwith Denon AVR X6200W for my room :

PSB XC - CENTER
PSB SUB 200

Based on the above room dimensions, Is this speaker adequate enough to serve my purpose for movies+music or Is it large or too much to not give proper sound ? Will it lead to booming or too many reflections/ muddy sound ?

I'm PSB speaker fanboy so kudos on the speaker selection. The only thing in that list I would change is the sub. PSB subs are over priced for their capabilities.. I would recommend looking at Rythmik, SVS, PSA which are all internet brands. I can say this because I bought a Rythmik LV12-R to replace my PSB Subsonic 5 and the Rythmik is a far better sub then the PSB. Its tighter, digs deeper, and plays louder.

Speakers PSB: Mains Image T-45/Alphas; Center Image 8C/100C; Srnd Image 1B/Alpha Mites

Last edited by 3db; 06-17-2016 at 08:49 AM.
post #6610 of 6622 Old 06-18-2016, 12:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3db View Post
I'm PSB speaker fanboy so kudos on the speaker selection. The only thing in that list I would change is the sub. PSB subs are over priced for their capabilities.. I would recommend looking at Rythmik, SVS, PSA which are all internet brands. I can say this because I bought a Rythmik LV12-R to replace my PSB Subsonic 5 and the Rythmik is a far better sub then the PSB. Its tighter, digs deeper, and plays louder.
Also please tell me , Based on the above room dimensions, Is this speaker adequate enough to serve my purpose for movies+music or Is it large or too much to not give proper sound ? Will it lead to booming or too many reflections/ muddy sound ?
post #6611 of 6622 Old 06-18-2016, 10:30 PM

Plz revert friends
post #6612 of 6622 Old 06-20-2016, 11:31 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 515 Post(s)
Liked: 323
FYI - I posted my opinion of the Imagine XAs on the dedicated Dolby Atmos upfiring module thread. Cautiously I'm impressed by them, and I weren't an enthusiast I'd even stop where I am and just watch movies. But we know better than that :

Dolby Atmos upward-firing module speakers
GorillaBot likes this.

Audio Gear: Trinnov Altitude 16/24, NAD M27 and Wyred4Sound MMC-7 amps
Display: Panasonic VT50, Lumagen Radiance Mini. Misc.: Oppo 103, Samsung K8500 UHD player, JRiver
Speakers: PSB Imagine T2, Center, Imagine T Wides and Side Surrounds, Imagine S rear surrounds,
PSB Imagine XA Dolby AE Speakers (4), HSU ULS-15 subs (2) - 9.2.4
post #6613 of 6622 Old 06-20-2016, 08:18 PM
Advanced Member

Has anyone had a good listen to the new C3 center channel speaker yet? Any user reviews?
post #6614 of 6622 Unread 06-24-2016, 07:56 AM

Freinds, please check my room layout attached.

PSB XC - CENTER
PSB SUB 200

Based on the above room dimensions and attached layout, Is this speaker adequate enough to serve my purpose for movies+music or Is it large or too much to not give proper sound ? Will it lead to booming or too many reflections/ muddy sound ?

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Home theatre room plan.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	74.7 KB
ID:	1513106  
post #6615 of 6622 Unread 06-24-2016, 08:19 AM

Quoted: 267 Post(s)
Liked: 309
Quote:
Freinds, please check my room layout attached.

PSB XC - CENTER
PSB SUB 200

Based on the above room dimensions and attached layout, Is this speaker adequate enough to serve my purpose for movies+music or Is it large or too much to not give proper sound ? Will it lead to booming or too many reflections/ muddy sound ?

I think this setup will be fine for your room. I find that the X2Ts sound better if you give them a little bit of breathing room (not so close to the wall - even though they have front-firing bass holes), but that might block your door on the right side.
Reflections will probably depend more on what you have on the walls/floors but a lot of your floor seem to be covered by the bed so you'll probably be fine...
Also, as 3db suggested, I'd recommend looking into a different sub. The PSB sub is a decent one, but you can get a better one for the same money.
post #6616 of 6622 Unread 06-24-2016, 11:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GorillaBot View Post
I think this setup will be fine for your room. I find that the X2Ts sound better if you give them a little bit of breathing room (not so close to the wall - even though they have front-firing bass holes), but that might block your door on the right side.
Reflections will probably depend more on what you have on the walls/floors but a lot of your floor seem to be covered by the bed so you'll probably be fine...
Also, as 3db suggested, I'd recommend looking into a different sub. The PSB sub is a decent one, but you can get a better one for the same money.
These x2t will be 1 feet away from rear wall and 1ft away from sidewall. Hope this is fine ??

I just hope they wont boom as much..
post #6617 of 6622 Unread 06-24-2016, 11:26 AM

Quote:
These x2t will be 1 feet away from rear wall and 1ft away from sidewall. Hope this is fine ??

I just hope they wont boom as much..
I doubt they will... but only one way to know for sure: try it out!
post #6618 of 6622 Unread 06-25-2016, 11:49 PM

There is no such thing like exchange/ try here in india. If you buy, you cannot return back ! Thats why I would like to make things sure before buying. Hence please suggest !
post #6619 of 6622 Unread 06-26-2016, 04:44 AM

Quote:
There is no such thing like exchange/ try here in india. If you buy, you cannot return back ! Thats why I would like to make things sure before buying. Hence please suggest !
No one will be able to tell you exactly what works for you and sounds good to you in your room. There is nothing glaringly wrong with your plan and I'm afraid this is as much help as you will get from people remotely on the internet.
I will say this, though: when I was auditioning speakers before my purchase, I listened to the X2Ts in a small room, around 8'x10', and they sounded wonderful with no booming at all even when the volume was cranked up. Of course, this was an audition room with all kinds of acoustic treatments, but it should give you an idea.
post #6620 of 6622 Unread 06-30-2016, 08:31 AM
3db
Advanced Member

Quote:
I think you will be fine with your speaker choice. Your speakers should not boom even if you are running them full range. But if they do, pull them out from the back and side walls just a little further and that will help quite a bit. Also, keep in mind that you will offload your bass to the subwoofer and in that case, there will be no booming for sure.

post #6621 of 6622 Unread 07-17-2016, 12:55 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Anyone recommend a speaker stand for the Imagine C please?
post #6622 of 6622 Unread Today, 03:22 PM

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Hi guys. I'm not a PSB owner but considering getting a used pair of Synchrony Ones. Not many sold on ebay and since audiogon does not list "sold" prices (unless I just missed it) so I thought I would ask here. For those who own them, how much would be willing to pay or sell yours if the condition is 7/10. Speakers work, but some minor cosmetic issues. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Audyssey , image s5 c5 , Nad , Psb , psb image b6 , Psb Image T6 Tower Floorstanding Speaker , Psb Speakers Image B5 Bookshelf , Psb Speakers Image C5 Centre , Psb Speakers Image T5 Tower , Psb Speakers Subseries 200 Subwoofer , psb speakers x1t , psb speakers x2t , Psb Synchrony One , Rythmik Audio , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer