PSB Speakers Owners thread - Page 222 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 194Likes

post #6631 of 6639 Old 07-31-2016, 07:24 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Here is what I'm using with Image T6's, S5's and C5. Couldn't be happier.

Rythmik F15HP
3db and GIEGAR like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6632 of 6639 Old 08-01-2016, 01:37 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by GIEGAR View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by EricST View Post
If you do not mind me asking one more opinion ?
I have a Bic F12 powered sub now and was wondering if you think I can still use it or do I need to get a Matching PSB sub?
Thank you!
No, despite what the speaker companies would have you believe, there's absolutely no need from a "brand matching" point of view. At the low octaves produced by the sub, we can't distinguish any "sound signature" or "voice" from them.

If you're satisfied with the performance of the BIC, there's no need to replace it. If you do feel a sub upgrade is in order, I couldn't recommend PSB anyway. While PSB subs are very well designed and engineered, they are relatively expensive for the level of performance they offer.

For example, the $1000 ask for a PSB SubSeries 300 would get you the excellent Rythmik FVX15 Direct-servo, or the Hsu Research VTF-15H MK2 for about $40 more (shipped). There are other very good lower cost options from Rythmik, Hsu Research and SVS that would be a clear step up from the BIC. It just depends on your budget "comfort zone", total room volume and preferred listening levels.
Makes sense to me , thank you and thank you for the options if I do want to replace the F12. I am pretty happy with it but truthfully, the F12 is about the best sub iv own in my 25 years of being a HT inthusance . Before I boutght it I had a $100 JBL sub from like 2005.
post #6633 of 6639 Old 08-07-2016, 05:36 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 636 Post(s)
Liked: 347
If the F12 is the best sub you've owned in your 25 years of home theater enjoyment, you would be nearly orgasmic if you were to try a better sub. I own an F12.

My other sub is an SVS SB2000, while my son has a PB2000. Those subs both beat an F12 handily, at only $700 and $800 each respectively. The Powersound Audio, Rythmik and Hsu Research products are also in the same class.

If you have the room for the larger enclosures, those ported subs are the way to go and you would be shocked at the improvement. I don't know about the others, but with SVS you get to audition a sub for 45 days and it's free shipping both ways if you're not enthralled.

System includes KEF R500 floor standing, R200C center, R100 surrounds, SVS SB2000 subwoofer, NAD T758 receiver, Pro-Ject RPM1 turntable w/ Sumiko Pearl cartridge, Bluesound Vault, Sony BDP-S480 BlueRay player, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer, MCS System cassette deck. The last 2 items are dust collectors but will work if asked.
post #6634 of 6639 Old 08-08-2016, 06:01 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Hi!
I'm torn between two speakers (Imagine X2T and Imagine T) and can't decide which one to order so I need help there. Are there any other major differences between Imagine X and Imagine line-ups besides beautiful cabinet finish of Imagines? Do they share the same quality crossovers and other components or Imagine X-s are inferior? Also which ones would you recommend for a room with 3.5m (also the listening distance) width and 6m lenght (X2T vs T)?
Currently I have JBL/Harman Kardon 5.1 system but going to move to 2.0 stereo system for music only usage.

Thanks in advance!

Speakers: JBL Studio 530ch, JBL Studio 520ch, JBL Studio L810ch
Sub: BK Electronics XLS200FF Black
Amplification: Harman Kardon AVR-255 (front channels powered by NAD C326BEE (also for music))
Source: Oppo BDP-95 Blu-Ray player
TV: Panasonic VIERA TC-P50ST50

Last edited by N'JAN; 08-08-2016 at 06:04 AM.
post #6635 of 6639 Old 08-09-2016, 02:48 PM

Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Only midrange driver working

Hey guys. I just noticed that all the drivers except the midrange stopped working on one of my PSB X2T's. The tweeter and two yellow woofers do nothing at all. The midrange seems to work normally. I plugged them both into the same speaker wire to make sure the issue wasn't somewhere else in the chain. I never play it loud so Im not sure what happened to it. I bought it less than a year ago so ill call psb, but just wondering what the issue could be.

Edit: The woofers work, so it's just the tweeter. I'll take it into the dealer on the weekend.

NAD D1050 > NAD C320BEE / MiniDSP 2x4 > PSB X2T's / Rythmik FVX15

Last edited by dcolaco; 08-09-2016 at 03:54 PM.
post #6636 of 6639 Old 08-17-2016, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 3
hi, potential owner and was wondering if anyone cross shopped the Monitor Audio Bronze 6 towers with the PSB Imagine X1T. If so, what swayed you over them? I really like both speakers and having trouble deciding between the two.

thanks in advance.
post #6637 of 6639 Old Yesterday, 06:34 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 51 Post(s)
Liked: 34
I just recently joined the PSB family by acquiring 4 XA's when I switched from 7.2 to 5.2.4 Atmos. Couldn't be happier...accept that now I want to change all my speakers to PSB lol. I have been using my venerable NHT 2.5i towers, AC-1 center, and 1.5 bookshelves for years and am happy with them. For HT, I have never felt I needed anything more. For music,though, the 2.5i's have always had a midrange peak/bite that I have never been truly happy with. On highly compressed music it's no big deal, but the older I get the more I only listen to high quality digital recordings, and that bite has become more and more of an issue.

I am considering the X2T's as an obvious replacement for the 2.5i's, but the Imagine T can be had for not too much more. I use my subs during 2 channel (the Parasound P5 has excellent bass management and HT bypass) so it's not critical that I have full range-esque bass out of the mains. However, I do like the fact the X2T's have front firing bass ports which make them more room friendly; that, and the fact that the X series is much more budget friendly when I upgrade all the speakers.

So, what are PSB lovers opinions of the X2T vs the Image T (at it's current prices)?

LG 65EF9500 OLED Display
Oppo BDP-103,Schiit Bifrost USB Uber DAC, MF V-LINK 192
Parasound P5, Marantz SR-6010, EAD PM 1000 and PM 500 amps
NHT 2.5i (2), NHT AC-1 (1), NHT 1.5 (2), PSB XA (4)
Rythmik F12 and Outlaw LFM-1 EX subwoofers
post #6638 of 6639 Old Today, 07:48 PM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi N'JAN & Dreamtheatre, think many will still advice to have an audition of both speaker for answer, as each person differ from how they perceive differences in sound.

If audition is not possible, then it's best we can know how much price difference? I've only compare Imagine T with image T6, personally prefer Imagine, as every aspect is a notch up. Assume X2T is not much better then Image T6. Definitely Imagine T can't go as low as X2T but the definition is better. Imagine line is about smoothness. And personally, I can't take away the better looking enclosure.

PS: Dreamtheatre, I believe you are a great fans of them? ^_^

HT setup : Epson TW6100 / Emotiva XMC-1 / Simaudio 700i / Emotiva XPA-5 G2 / Oppo BDT-101CI / PSB Synchrony 1 with Crystal cable Standard ic & sc / PSB Synchrony 1c with Nordost Frey ic & Crystal cable Piccolo sc / PSB image B15 with Nordost Heimdall xlr & Kimber 4tc sc / Rythmik F12 with Nordost Frey ic / Sine SA-6 ME Distributor & Iego & Sine pc / Guizhu Rack
Stereo Setup : MBL 1511E / Cystal Cable Reference IC >> Simaudio 700i
post #6639 of 6639 Old Today, 08:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 636 Post(s)
Liked: 347
I believe the above post is a fair assessment. I don't own either though my cousin recently took home a pair of Imagine T for an audition...and bought them. When I did listen to both at the audio shop where we were, I thought the X2T were nice and would be a great home theater speaker in the complete system. The bass response is deeper than the Imagine T, though that's mitigated when you use a subwoofer even in 2.1 channel music listening. That's the situation for both me and my cousin. As stated, the overall linear response and especially the detail we got out of the Imagine T made it the winner. Getting the floor model demo pair for nearly the same price as the X2T made it an easy decision for him. Another factor not related to the sound is the nice cabinet. The Imagine T in dark cherry (real wood veneer) is quite a good looker.

System includes KEF R500 floor standing, R200C center, R100 surrounds, SVS SB2000 subwoofer, NAD T758 receiver, Pro-Ject RPM1 turntable w/ Sumiko Pearl cartridge, Bluesound Vault, Sony BDP-S480 BlueRay player, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer, MCS System cassette deck. The last 2 items are dust collectors but will work if asked.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Audyssey , image s5 c5 , Nad , Psb , psb image b6 , Psb Image T6 Tower Floorstanding Speaker , Psb Speakers Image B5 Bookshelf , Psb Speakers Image C5 Centre , Psb Speakers Image T5 Tower , Psb Speakers Subseries 200 Subwoofer , psb speakers x1t , psb speakers x2t , Psb Synchrony One , Rythmik Audio , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer