2Likes

post #1261 of 5624 Old 07-25-2008, 04:05 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by FoeHammer865 View Post

I love my Subsonic 6i. And it seems to match my other image series speakers quite well when it comes to timbre. It has more than enough oomph and accuracy for an apartment or basement HT.

Foe

+1

Love my Subsonic 6
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #1262 of 5624 Old 07-26-2008, 07:42 PM

any other news about new line of Image ?
post #1263 of 5624 Old 07-26-2008, 10:29 PM

I don't think it is really a new Image line, but a new line all in its own called "Imagine"...At least that is what I understood...
post #1264 of 5624 Old 07-27-2008, 09:35 AM

i haven't seen anything on their web about it
post #1265 of 5624 Old 07-28-2008, 06:24 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari_Hyd View Post

I pulled the plug on PSB speakers. I got T45/C40/B15 from DMC Electronics. I got the new speakers instead of the blemished ones. I can't wait to hook them up.

I will wait on my subwoofer for now. I am part of PSB club now.

Thanks guys

I think what you meant was "I pulled the trigger on PSB speakers..."

For a second I thought you were saying you had a bad experience....

"When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master."
post #1266 of 5624 Old 07-28-2008, 07:17 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by nosferatu2xlc View Post

any other news about new line of Image ?

Quote:

i haven't seen anything on their web about it

There's mention of it in this thread several times; new Imagine line out this fall. It is expected to fall between the current Image line and Synchrony line. More similar to the Synchrony line than the Image line. You can expect the web site to be updated when the product starts to become available.
post #1267 of 5624 Old 07-28-2008, 07:29 AM

thank you . originally i was gonna go with psb all around .Now I'm having second thoughts. I'm looking in to Monitor audio rs5 or rs6 or aperion 5T as my fronts not sure how psb camper to these two brands hopefully someone can give me some input on it.
post #1268 of 5624 Old 07-28-2008, 07:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

thank you . originally i was gonna go with psb all around .Now I'm having second thoughts. I'm looking in to Monitor audio rs5 or rs6 or aperion 5T as my fronts not sure how psb camper to these two brands hopefully someone can give me some input on it.

Personally, I would not mix and match between manufactures. It can be done, but it's a whole lot easier to get good integration by sticking with a single manufacturer. Again, IMO, I think the PSB line is a better value than the Monitor Audio line but they are probably very comparable for the most part. I've never had a chance to audition the Aperion line, from what I've read it should give you very good value.
post #1269 of 5624 Old 07-28-2008, 01:52 PM
cpc
AVS Club Gold

Anybody out there using a Marantz SR 9600 with the newer Image line? Thoughts? I still experience bright, gritty, revealing, almost too revealing sound.
post #1270 of 5624 Old 07-29-2008, 06:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
I just switched from a marantz receiver to an Onkyo and I like the results. Granted the Onkyo SR805 is bigger and stronger than the SR4001 from Marantz, but I feel that the sound is more detailed and smooth. The marantz was a little more harsh for my ears and it started to distort at certain levels. Your Marantz has a more powerful amp than what mine did so you will have different results. Perhaps similar to what I have now with the Onkyo.
post #1271 of 5624 Old 07-29-2008, 02:49 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
HI guys-
I could use a bit of help with my PSB set up, so I figured I would pop in here.

I bought a PSB set up about 8 years ago and it has worked great. Image 5t in the front, the Image 9 c in center, and Image 2b's in the rear....Velodyne ct 100 sub...

Well, it's time to get rid of the old yamaha amp and I am going to the Denon 3808.

My room is small, about 11x12 , but I play all movies, music etc quite loud in there..

I am wondering if PSB has made big improvements in their latest speakers to a point where I should go ahead and upgrade my older ones....

I am considering the Image towers t 55 or 65 in front, the s50's on the rear, and either keeping my Image 2 b's in the back, or getting a suggestion from you for there.

Also looking to go 6i for a sub...

my question again, is, does this make sense? I don't know how ofter speakers should be upgraded or replaced? Any help is great...Thanks...
post #1272 of 5624 Old 07-29-2008, 08:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonic1414 View Post

my question again, is, does this make sense? I don't know how ofter speakers should be upgraded or replaced? Any help is great...Thanks...

What your proposing is not much of an upgrade, basically a 1 for 1 replacement with the newer versions of what you already have. If you're mostly happy with what you have now I'd save my money and wait for the Imagine line to show up this fall. Probably about $4K to do 5 speakers, but I suspect it would be a real upgrade...

I still have my 14 year old Stratus Golds and they still perform just fine. However, I might consider the Image line myself at some point in another year or two...
post #1273 of 5624 Old 08-13-2008, 09:38 AM
AVS Special Member

This months Home Theater mag has three PSB systems recommended in their buyers guide: Home Theater Buyers Guide: Speakers something that no other manufacture can claim. The print version seems to have different recommendations than the online version but I can't tell you what those differences are.
post #1274 of 5624 Old 08-15-2008, 06:09 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari_Hyd View Post

I pulled the plug on PSB speakers. I got T45/C40/B15 from DMC Electronics. I got the new speakers instead of the blemished ones. I can't wait to hook them up.

I will wait on my subwoofer for now. I am part of PSB club now.

Thanks guys

Another authorized dealer who sells online sells new PSB at a better price than DMC, too late so I won't mess with your head by telling you who it is, but everyone here knows them.

I saw in various of your post and in others that replied about Denon not being able to play 4 Ohms speakers, but it looks like everyone missed a big point about the PSB Image line: They are 6 Ohm, not 4 Ohm; therefore any good inexpensive receiver, from a reliable manufacturer (Marantz, Yammy, Onkyo, Denon, Sony, Pioneer, etc.), and up can use these speakers without being strained.

Enjoy your purchase!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by xericmx View Post

I just switched from a marantz receiver to an Onkyo and I like the results. Granted the Onkyo SR805 is bigger and stronger than the SR4001 from Marantz, but I feel that the sound is more detailed and smooth. The marantz was a little more harsh for my ears and it started to distort at certain levels. Your Marantz has a more powerful amp than what mine did so you will have different results. Perhaps similar to what I have now with the Onkyo.

Marantz SR4001 is no match for the Onkyo SR805, there is a difference in power, componentry, price, etc. A direct comparison would be SR5002 or SR7001/02. If you would have changed from your the SR4001 to the SR7001, you would have gotten a better sounding receiver than the 805. Granted that the 805 has better features for HT. The 805 won't distort as much as the 4001, because it just plays more "relaxed" at the same volume levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersonic1414 View Post

HI guys-
I could use a bit of help with my PSB set up, so I figured I would pop in here.

I bought a PSB set up about 8 years ago and it has worked great. Image 5t in the front, the Image 9 c in center, and Image 2b's in the rear....Velodyne ct 100 sub...

Well, it's time to get rid of the old yamaha amp and I am going to the Denon 3808.

My room is small, about 11x12 , but I play all movies, music etc quite loud in there..

I am wondering if PSB has made big improvements in their latest speakers to a point where I should go ahead and upgrade my older ones....

I am considering the Image towers t 55 or 65 in front, the s50's on the rear, and either keeping my Image 2 b's in the back, or getting a suggestion from you for there.

Also looking to go 6i for a sub...

I would hold on the speaker upgrade, and wait for the new Image line to come out, which apparently is coming out this Fall. The current Image line is better than the previous one, but not a humongous difference. I would venture to say that the current Image line images better, and has better mid details. But, when the new Image line is out for sale I'm sure that it will be much better than the previous Image line. Plus, if on a budget, you can always buy the current line at excellent pricing, as dealers clear inventory to make space for the new line.

To better understand, here is a legend of what I just wrote:

Previous = 4T

Current = T45

New = ???
post #1275 of 5624 Old 08-15-2008, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member

Darn these addiction. Sorry, this hobby. When I got into it in October 2007, I bought PSB T45/C40/B25 and a Marantz SR-5001 for HT duties. Liked the T45's so much that I started playing music, more than movies. Then, found that the B25 sounded very good, so bought a pair of Alpha LR1's for surround duties, and bought a NAD C315BEE integrated amp to connect the B25's to make it a music only system. Took an old Sony DVD player, and used it as CD player, until I was able to buy a better CD player for the music only system.

Well, things have changed again. My cousin gave me a tube amp as a gift, it is a Heathkit SA-2 (EL-84 tubes) that he extensively modified throughout the years, and he gave it to me to make space for his complete tube amps music/HT surround system.

So, the tube amp subsitituted the NAD, and the NAD was moved to the bedroom. A Jolida JD100A CD tube player is on its way, and the old Sony DVD is going to the bedroom. The B25's sounded beautiful connected to the tube amp, and tube amps benefit from very efficient speakers. So, the B25's were moved to the family room for HT duties, and the T45's were moved to the living room for music duties, and a pair of Triangle monitors were purchased for the bedroom.

Now, the dedicated HT/music room is finished, and I'm in the process of buying the electronics. So far, I'm set on Salk speakers for that room, and in the process of selecting amps, pre/pro, BR player, dedicated CD player, etc.

If you read this far, to summarize...Back in October all I wanted was a decent sounding economic HT system within a budget of no more than $2K. And, I had done it: PSB T45/C40/B25 + Refurb Marantz SR-5001, and a Toshiba 1080i Upconverting DVD-R. And, here we are 10 months after and $1,000's later.
post #1276 of 5624 Old 08-16-2008, 10:42 PM

Unless I missed something, I don't think they are coming out with a new Image line. They are coming out with a new line called Imagine, but I don't think it is meant to be a replacement for the current Image line.
post #1277 of 5624 Old 08-16-2008, 10:59 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 64
Quote:
Originally Posted by PR Audio View Post

Another authorized dealer who sells online sells new PSB at a better price than DMC, too late so I won't mess with your head by telling you who it is, but everyone here knows them.

DMC will also price match them, at least thats what he did with my NAD T754. I took him the price off the website and he said no problem, NAD gives him a rebate when he price matches so he still makes the same as the site selling the items lower.

RIP John, my best friend. Oct 17th 1966 - Nov 13th 2010

RIP Victor, my dad, June 26th 1927 - April 13th 2011
post #1278 of 5624 Old 08-23-2008, 05:09 AM

Hello everyone,
I have been luriking here as a guest for years and just joined a little while ago. I have the PSB Image B25's as my mains, the C40 center and B15's surrounds with the Sub 6. I LOVE THIS SYSTEM. They are being driven by an Outlaw 950 and B&K AV5000.

Here's my problem; one of my B15's was pulled from its mounting bracket by my daughter when she was climbing the furniture. It fell to a carpeted concrete slab and broke the cabinet. Amazingly, the cabinet is in bad shape but the speakers still works.

Does anyone have a pair of B15's that they are looking to sell? Or do they know of anyone like the aforementioned online retailer who is selling them as inexpensive as that? Thanks for any help you guys can give. I am a noob here, but have perfect e-bay feedback under the same name if that helps.

Take Care,
Shawn
post #1279 of 5624 Old 08-26-2008, 02:43 AM

Okay,

So amongst other things, I'm setting up my old man's audio and visual systems in his new place, an we'll be furnishing in a couple of months.

So, for the main lounge, private lounge, and HT room i've decided on the Image line. Question though, is this "Imagine" line gonna screw things up for me? I would HATE to buy a buttload of speakers, just to have them replaced by something better a coupla weeks later.

The way I read it though, Imagine slots in between Image & Synchrony. Pricewise it does anyway. But why have 2 separate lines of speakers named almost exactly alike, and performance & price wise so close to each other?

Anyone know anything about this? PSB's site is certainly no help.
post #1280 of 5624 Old 08-26-2008, 08:35 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotVIBE View Post

Okay,

So amongst other things, I'm setting up my old man's audio and visual systems in his new place, an we'll be furnishing in a couple of months.

So, for the main lounge, private lounge, and HT room i've decided on the Image line. Question though, is this "Imagine" line gonna screw things up for me? I would HATE to buy a buttload of speakers, just to have them replaced by something better a coupla weeks later.

The way I read it though, Imagine slots in between Image & Synchrony. Pricewise it does anyway. But why have 2 separate lines of speakers named almost exactly alike, and performance & price wise so close to each other?

I don't _think_ Imagine will replace the Image line, the way I'm reading the tea leaves, you can think of the Imagine line as a higher end extension of the Image line. Personally, if I was looking at purchasing anything from any speaker manufacturer in the next month or so I'd want to wait and see what happens at CEDIA starting next week..
post #1281 of 5624 Old 08-26-2008, 08:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotVIBE View Post

REALLY???!!!I don't think I've ever heard someone say that before

Their site is horrible for news, and it does not give any help for legacy products or service.

"When I left you, I was but the learner, now I am the master."
post #1282 of 5624 Old 08-26-2008, 10:57 AM

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 45
I've been looking for a nice pair of used Stratus Sliver or Gold's but have been largly unable to locate a pair to my likings.

I've listened to these speakers a number of times and really had my heart set on them.

Does PSB currently make a speaker that would be comperable to the Stratus Sliver/Gold line in sound and build quality?

Thanks

I reject your reality and substitute my own.

post #1283 of 5624 Old 08-26-2008, 12:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weekendtoy View Post

I've been looking for a nice pair of used Stratus Sliver or Gold's but have been largly unable to locate a pair to my likings.

I've listened to these speakers a number of times and really had my heart set on them.

Does PSB currently make a speaker that would be comperable to the Stratus Sliver/Gold line in sound and build quality?

Hmm, I might be persuaded to sell you my original model Stratus Golds. Of course, I'd want to wait until after CEDIA and see what price the new Imagines are going to sell for before I did so. ;-)

I don't know what the build quality of the Imagines will be, sounds like it may not be real wood, but with the complex cabinet designs I may be able to handle that. Currently, the Synchrony line is your best option, and IMO better than the Stratus series in sound, though I can't vouch for recent build quality. Of course new Synchronies will run you considerably more money than used Stratus Golds even though they seem to retain their value for resale pretty well.
post #1284 of 5624 Old 08-27-2008, 01:13 PM
Advanced Member

Liked: 26
What are the major differences (sound) between the Synchrony one to the two?

I never argue with fools cause from a distance you canÂt tell who is who....
post #1285 of 5624 Old 08-27-2008, 03:53 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koolkid1935 View Post

Unless I missed something, I don't think they are coming out with a new Image line. They are coming out with a new line called Imagine, but I don't think it is meant to be a replacement for the current Image line.

They're the ~same price as the G-series, so I assume it's a replacement.

John
post #1286 of 5624 Old 08-27-2008, 03:54 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ProblemHouston View Post

What are the major differences (sound) between the Synchrony one to the two?

Ones have a little deeper bass, a little higher output, a little more detailed midrange. But it's not 'major' really. They are pretty similar sounding overall.

John
post #1287 of 5624 Old 08-27-2008, 03:57 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by weekendtoy View Post

I've got some Golds in piano black! Kinda hard to ship though......
Quote:

Keep in mind that Golds are much better than Silvers, but the G-Design GT1 is very similar to the Silvers and basically just a newer better version. The Sychrony series is similar to, but better than the Gold. If you like the Golds, you'll love the Synchronies. The new Imagine line is very similar to the Silver/Mini as well in design/price.

John
post #1288 of 5624 Old 08-27-2008, 06:08 PM

is there any notable difference between the old image line and the current image line? i noticed some dealers still have old stock...wondering if it's smarter to just go with the newer stuff instead of saving a few bucks.
post #1289 of 5624 Old 08-27-2008, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by scientest View Post

I don't _think_ Imagine will replace the Image line, the way I'm reading the tea leaves, you can think of the Imagine line as a higher end extension of the Image line. Personally, if I was looking at purchasing anything from any speaker manufacturer in the next month or so I'd want to wait and see what happens at CEDIA starting next week..

According to my local dealer when I asked about the new line of speakers, he said PSB had told him that the new line was the Image line redone with things they learned from developing the G-design line of speakers. He told me that they could do some of the same internal bracing and things without raising the cost significantly.
post #1290 of 5624 Old 08-27-2008, 07:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigspur1984 View Post

According to my local dealer when I asked about the new line of speakers, he said PSB had told him that the new line was the Image line redone with things they learned from developing the G-design line of speakers. He told me that they could do some of the same internal bracing and things without raising the cost significantly.

From the little I've read it's things they've learned from the Syncrony line, not the G-Design line. Similar cabinet designs to the Synchronies, but not the real wood.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Psb , Psb Speakers Image T5 Tower , Psb Speakers Image C5 Centre , Psb Speakers Subseries 200 Subwoofer , Psb Speakers Image B5 Bookshelf , Psb Image T6 Tower Floorstanding Speaker , Nad , Psb Synchrony One , Rythmik Audio , Audyssey , Svs Pb12 Nsd Black Vinyl 12 Inch Powered Subwoofer

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page