3Likes

post #10231 of 10233 Old 07-07-2014, 11:24 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post
Your room is roughly the same size as mine. The vtf3 mk4 is on sale right now for $639, but not sure how long the sale lasts, just call. They're really nice and can help with any questions.

http://www.hsuresearch.com/products/vtf-3mk4.html

The bx1 would do well for rears. $379/pr
Center is $299

http://saturdayaudio.com

That should get you right at your budget. If you call they may give a discount ordering multiple speakers. Never hurts to ask

If you like to build stuff, you could always DIY a sub for a little cheaper. I'm about to give it a try myself just to see if I can do it.

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still

Yep, going with the BX Center and BX1 (rear), love the look and reviews.

How do you like the vtf3 mk4? Good combo sub (music/movie)? I'm still learning, but the site seemed to have it listed as both sealed and ported. I know this should probably go under a different thread.
lol

Thanks!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10232 of 10233 Old 07-07-2014, 12:03 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post
You don't need 20'. My setup is on the long wall of my room. The only reason mine are so far apart is due to the French doors. You could put them near the wall and maybe a little closer to you to create more of a circle around you. I just work with what I got.

Here's a pic, ignore the mess. We're prepping for out of town guests

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still 👎

Ok!!!

In your room, I can see where wide would work. Mine is 13ft wide, and I'm using 9ft of that for the front three. I don't think my ceiling will give me the required distance for heights either.... lol
post #10233 of 10233 Old 07-07-2014, 12:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhurricane30 View Post
Yep, going with the BX Center and BX1 (rear), love the look and reviews.

How do you like the vtf3 mk4? Good combo sub (music/movie)? I'm still learning, but the site seemed to have it listed as both sealed and ported. I know this should probably go under a different thread.
lol

Thanks!!

I actually have the older version, the mk3, and is my first real sub. If ding it to my setup has been totally transformative for everything played through it. Action movies sound huge! War of the Worlds when the pods emerge and the lightning scene before it are still my favorite demo clips. It sits next to my side of the sofa (upside down, which is perfectly fine per hsu) with the driver firing toward me. It gives a tremendous tactile sensation that really ups the enjoyment level on bass heavy material.
It's just as great with music, never bloated. It's accurate, smooth and pretty tight. I listen to a lot of rock, bluegrass, metal, acoustic, some rap/r&b, electronic, etc. A pretty wide variety. Sounds great on all of it at high or low volume.

The mk4 is more versatile since, like you said, it can run in sealed OR ported so you can play with that and the other different settings to see what sounds best for you. It blends really well with my rx8s and can't recommend it enough. Excellent customer service as well

Sent using Tapatalk since the mobile version is still 👎
jhurricane30 likes this.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Monitor Audio , Denon Avr 3806 Av Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers , Nad , Jl Audio Brand , Parasound , Sunfire , Denon Blu Ray Dvd Cd Player , Toshiba

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page