Monitor Audio Owners Thread - Page 361 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 50Likes
post #10801 of 10803 Unread Yesterday, 09:43 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 70 Post(s)
Liked: 23
Quote:
Originally Posted by akitared View Post
Will you be going 7.1 then once you have your 300's?
I am blown away by my 300's & 350 and contemplating 100 to replace my RX1 rears.
By the way, that tweeter sounds better everytime I hear it, I have about 40 hours on them so far and had a bonafide audiophile friend over this weekend, he was very very impressed with the soundstage and dead centre imaging
Yep. I will be getting my 300s in about 3 months, and will be getting my second sub at the end of the year.

I had a 7.2 system before and don't want to go backwards from that...but for the time being as I get all the bita together 5.1 will be plenty.

I will be getting Rotel 1582 mk 2 and a 1585 for power amps by tax time next year...it's a long road as you know...5 years you said right?

I can't wait until the journey is over...I don' even want to think about how many extra shifts I did at my job I hate to get the 10k together it has cost me so far for just the 5.1 ( the sub is coming soon )

Last edited by dchalfont; Yesterday at 10:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10802 of 10803 Unread Today, 09:07 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by kave2 View Post
Hi everyone, can someone recommend stereo amp to go with Silver 8. Prefer to have only one box, so built in DAC. I was looking at Cambridge Audio Topaz SR20(350?), Yamaha R N500(530?) but I think MA Silver 8 deserve something better, maybe Marantz PM7005(800?).
Thanks a lot.
I have the NAD C316 in use with bookshelf and they are quite a great sound for music. Perhaps the 356 model would work with the Silver 8's. They have more power and can handle much more dynamically. I just saw them for ?599 on Amazon UK, so they are in the range you mentioned. Good luck with the search

Last edited by jimfrench; Today at 09:10 AM.
post #10803 of 10803 Unread Today, 10:41 AM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Enyone using Cambridge cxa60 amp with Silver 8? Thanks a lot.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Monitor Audio , Denon Avr 3806 Av Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers , Nad , Jl Audio Brand , Parasound , Sunfire , Denon Blu Ray Dvd Cd Player , Toshiba