Monitor Audio Owners Thread - Page 362 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 51Likes
post #10831 of 10832 Unread Today, 06:44 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 74 Post(s)
Liked: 23
You can get the Gold 300s for slightly less than a pair of PL100s.

There is no way I would buy the PL 100 when you consider that.

The platinum line came out in 2007 and as such it is 2007 tech. The new golds are 2016 models and come with many expected improvements.

At the time the GX gold line came out in 2011 monitor audio advertised them as "75% of the performance of the platinum line, at 50% of the price". With the new gold line being even better than the GX I think you made the right choice.

I have 2 pairs of Gold 100s and am very happy with them.

For me I had to prioritise the speakers before amplification so I can only imagine what they will sounf like with a good amp.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #10832 of 10832 Unread Today, 10:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thanks dchalfont - that gives me the time to prioritise on other areas of the system now, such as cables and supports, instead of thinking about moving to the PL range.

saarnold
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Monitor Audio , Denon Avr 3806 Av Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers , Nad , Jl Audio Brand , Parasound , Sunfire , Denon Blu Ray Dvd Cd Player , Toshiba