Monitor Audio Owners Thread - Page 371 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #11101 of 11102 Old Today, 03:31 PM
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 12
I would pick option #3 as the better sub will add more to your enjoyment than surround speakers. When the budget allows maybe upgrade the surrounds then.
Sponsored Links
post #11102 of 11102 Unread Today, 06:54 PM
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 304
Originally Posted by wrenchMONKEY_ View Post
I have the Silver 6's and Silver Center on a Denon X4100W with a Polk PSW110 (crap) I brought my Infinity Primus P143's that I use in the garage to use as rear speakers in the house to make it a 5.1
Love it, but now I have no music in the garage.

So I have a few options. I was looking at ;
1) getting the MA Bronze 1 or 2's and saving some money to use as rear speakers in the house and moving my Infinity's back to the garage. New generatioin of Bronzes has alot of trickle down from the Silvers and the prices is right.

2) Keep it all in the Silver line. Silver 1s or 2 for the rear surrounds. Much more $ but the performance it greater. That being said, my cabling for the rears through the wall is lackluster and they are mounted in bookshelfs as I don't have the space for stands. So I'd be looking long term when I get a better space.

3) Keep the Infinity in the house. Go to a pawn shop and spend $100 on some old tower speakers to use in the garage and use the money on a better sub (SB/PB 2000 I'd say) The 100W Polk sub I have no, while better than nothing, could certainly use an upgrade....

If it were me, I would get a pair of Silver 1's for rears and return the Infinity to the garage. Why short-change your movie experience at home? Plus they will match the speakers you currently have.

(This is old 5.1 equipment I've had in storage for the past 14 years. I'm currently using it in 2-channel mode until I can replace it all in the near future.)
"Vinyl-Free Since 1983"
Sponsored Links
Reply Speakers

Monitor Audio , Denon Avr 3806 Av Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers , Nad , Jl Audio Brand , Parasound , Sunfire , Denon Blu Ray Dvd Cd Player , Toshiba