Monitor Audio Owners Thread - Page 393 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 223Likes

post #11761 of 11766 Old Yesterday, 11:35 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 79 Post(s)
Liked: 38
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post
As were the silvers and bronze, they've all been refreshed in the last few years. What was the time btw the RX release and the new silvers? That would be a more accurate time frame of when to expect new updates.

Sent using Tapatalk cuz the mobile version is still
I know the Golds were just changing from V1 to V2 or GX to Gold as they were dubbed back in November when I was starting to really narrow in on a couple of brands. But I don't know when the new Silver's launched.

Living Room - Monitor Audio Gold 100, Monitor Audio CP-IW460X center, Monitor Audio CP-CT380IDC, SVS-SB2000 X 2, Samsung UN55F9000, Oppo BDP-93, Playstation 4, NAD M15HD2, NAD M27

Dedicated Theater in Process - KEF XQ20, KEF XQ50C Center, KEF Ci200QR, NAD M15Hd2, NAD M25, Sony Playstation 3, Samsung DLP TV - (future projector), Subs TBD -
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #11762 of 11766 Old Today, 10:17 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 1
How good or bad is the MR10 subwoofer paired with the MR6 setup?
post #11763 of 11766 Old Today, 10:50 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 357 Post(s)
Liked: 184
Quote:
Originally Posted by ambesolman View Post
As were the silvers and bronze, they've all been refreshed in the last few years. What was the time btw the RX release and the new silvers? That would be a more accurate time frame of when to expect new updates.

Sent using Tapatalk cuz the mobile version is still
I believe usually 5-6 years between refreshes for MA...

If I recall correctly, Gold Reference released in 2001, Gold Signature in 2006, GX in 2011 and the latest Gold in 2016, so that's 5 yrs in between..

5.2.4 HT - Sony XBR75X850C, Denon X6200W, Monitor Audio GS60, GSLCR, GSFX, 4 x C380LCR and 2 x Martin Logan Descent I
2 Channel - Ascend Sierra Tower w/ RAAL, Sony HAP-Z1ES, Marantz SA-KI-Pearl, Mapletree Line 2C RM, Parasound Halo A21, JL Audio E112 and ATS Acoustics room treatments

post #11764 of 11766 Old Today, 01:28 PM

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 5
Silver 6 Owners

Hello,

Owners of the Silver 6. Do you notice any issues with the treble/height being that it is a smaller tower? I've read some reviews of smaller towers of different brands where they had to angle the speaker so that the low height didn't cause any issues with listening position. I've not seen anything indicating this with the Silver 6 reviews I've read so I'm assuming it's a moot point? My room is about 14x22. (will use sub for movies).

Unfortunately I have not had a chance to demo the Silver 6. I have listened to the Silver 8. I love the sound of them. However the 4 ohms requirement would mean I'd definitely have to look at a new AVR that is stable with 4 ohms. I've been considering the "possibility" of going to a smaller footprint. For right now I'm still using an 18yr Yamaha 5.1 80 watts. Only doing 3.1.

Coming from Infinity primus 360's, I would think the 6's would be an improvement over the Infinity's even being 2.5 way. If I decide not to do smaller speaker then it's the 8's all the way.

Thanks!
Z
post #11765 of 11766 Old Today, 01:40 PM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zildjianmeister View Post
Hello,

Owners of the Silver 6. Do you notice any issues with the treble/height being that it is a smaller tower? I've read some reviews of smaller towers of different brands where they had to angle the speaker so that the low height didn't cause any issues with listening position. I've not seen anything indicating this with the Silver 6 reviews I've read so I'm assuming it's a moot point? My room is about 14x22. (will use sub for movies).

Unfortunately I have not had a chance to demo the Silver 6. I have listened to the Silver 8. I love the sound of them. However the 4 ohms requirement would mean I'd definitely have to look at a new AVR that is stable with 4 ohms. I've been considering the "possibility" of going to a smaller footprint. For right now I'm still using an 18yr Yamaha 5.1 80 watts. Only doing 3.1.

Coming from Infinity primus 360's, I would think the 6's would be an improvement over the Infinity's even being 2.5 way. If I decide not to do smaller speaker then it's the 8's all the way.

Thanks!
Z
I'm an owner of Silver RS6's , RSLRC. I used the spikes to tilt them back. (back pair full in, front pair turned all the way out) Didn't like it all. They sounded much better to me with the speakers level. My ears are "roughly" 8 to 12 inches higher where I sit and its great. Of course you can try everything when you get them. For me level with very little toe in does the trick.

Doug
post #11766 of 11766 Old Today, 02:18 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zildjianmeister View Post
Hello,

Thanks!
Z
I had the Silver 8's .....fantastic speaker. Don't let the 4 ohms rating fool you. They are easy to drive, what AVR are you using ?

Taken from Stereophile

"Though the Silver 8's impedance is specified as 4 ohms, its measured impedance magnitude (fig.1, solid trace) remains at or above 5 ohms for the entire audioband other than the region between 100 and 300Hz, where it reaches a minimum value of 3.5 ohms at 165Hz. The electrical phase angle is generally benign, though there is a combination of –34° and 4.5 ohms at 100Hz, a frequency where music can have high energy. A 4 ohm–rated amplifier or receiver will have no problems driving this speaker to high levels."

Jack Bauer can unscramble an egg.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
cp-wt380idc , Denon Avr 3806 Av Receiver , Denon Blu Ray Dvd Cd Player , Jl Audio Brand , Monitor Audio , Nad , Parasound , Receivers Amplifiers , Sunfire , Toshiba

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page