Monitor Audio Owners Thread - Page 40 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 6Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #1171 of 10282 Old 06-15-2007, 04:35 AM
 
buddahead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,903
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrey r View Post

Welcome to the forum. Check your PM.


Yes where can one get Monitor Audio.I can't find them anywhere.THANKS BOB
buddahead is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #1172 of 10282 Old 06-15-2007, 10:11 AM
Senior Member
 
Mike N Ike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Posts: 437
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Many are sold thru the MA dealer network. USA and Canada dealers can be found at http://www.monitoraudiousa.com/distr...s.php?page=340.

Some discontinued models can be found at http://www.saturdayaudio.com


Where are you located?
Mike N Ike is offline  
post #1173 of 10282 Old 06-16-2007, 04:03 PM
Member
 
omegaspeedy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 43
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone here know how my RS6's would sound through a Music fidelity A3.5 intergrated amp? Would the characteristics of each work? I would be running my Cambridge Audio 640CD player and Arcam T61 tuner through it. Someone I was talking to thought the MF might be to honest and I was afraid this mixed with the detailing of the RS6's might be a bad mix. I would be greatful for any advise on an amp that would work well with these speakers. I would like to have excess power also. Regards J
omegaspeedy is offline  
post #1174 of 10282 Old 06-16-2007, 11:14 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Lindahl's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 1,745
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 18
I think I remember reading somewhere that Monitor Audio voices their speakers with MF gear... not sure if that helps, though.
Lindahl is offline  
post #1175 of 10282 Old 06-17-2007, 07:49 AM
 
buddahead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,903
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Thanks Mike.I found a dealer in Louisville ky.I live close to their.They have some rs6 in stock.I did not know if their were any online sellers of MA.BOB
buddahead is offline  
post #1176 of 10282 Old 06-26-2007, 06:59 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darkninja67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I finally got my MA RS6 speakers tonight. I love them. Female vocals are impressive. These do not sound like they are bright at all in my bedroom. I knew they would tone down a bit. I am running them via a HK AVR 430. They are in a walnut finish which really grew on me.

Just wondering what I should expect during the break in? They sound pretty damn good to me right now. They are 2' out from the back wall and around 4' from the side walls. I will probably add a Hsu VTF2.3 later on to handle bass chores.

Also, thank you Matt and others for the help I needed.
darkninja67 is offline  
post #1177 of 10282 Old 06-27-2007, 12:17 PM
Senior Member
 
audiophile82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 409
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I am looking into getting some small floorstanders + center for a medium size HT/Music setup. I currently own a SVS SB12+ and Yamaha 1700 DVD and Receiver.

I am thinking about getting the RS6 + Center.

Is the RS6 as good as the acclaim it has received say?

Which finish is prettier, black or wood? Is the black vinyl while the others are wood?

I usually listen to music such as McLachlan, Bluegrass, Gospel, Rock and some Pop. Quite diverse as you can see. Will the RS6 be my best bet? I can get a good price on them since I am trading in some of my previouse, more expensive, equipment...

Anyone?
audiophile82 is offline  
post #1178 of 10282 Old 06-27-2007, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darkninja67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile82 View Post

I am looking into getting some small floorstanders + center for a medium size HT/Music setup. I currently own a SVS SB12+ and Yamaha 1700 DVD and Receiver.

I am thinking about getting the RS6 + Center.

Is the RS6 as good as the acclaim it has received say?

Which finish is prettier, black or wood? Is the black vinyl while the others are wood?

I usually listen to music such as McLachlan, Bluegrass, Gospel, Rock and some Pop. Quite diverse as you can see. Will the RS6 be my best bet? I can get a good price on them since I am trading in some of my previouse, more expensive, equipment...

Anyone?

Hello, The RS6s have exceeded my expectations. They are some of if not the best speakers I have heard at the price I paid. I like real wood rather than black but that is a just a personal opinion. I used to own rosewood veneered speakers and wanted to get away from a red colored speakers. So I went with the walnut.
darkninja67 is offline  
post #1179 of 10282 Old 06-27-2007, 01:09 PM
Member
 
MaDequipment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile82 View Post


I am thinking about getting the RS6 + Center.

Is the RS6 as good as the acclaim it has received say?

Which finish is prettier, black or wood? Is the black vinyl while the others are wood?

Anyone?

Do yourself a favor and take a listen - and a look. The finish is terrific especially when you compare other speakers at a similar price point. The finish is not vinyl and the wood choices definitley sold my wife if that's any consolation. I got the walnut. The RS6 is amazing compared to speakers within twice or three times the price. However, as consumers we all know we give something up with a budget, so the RS6s are not perfect.
The RS6s are definitley worth your time.
MaDequipment is offline  
post #1180 of 10282 Old 06-28-2007, 10:04 PM
Member
 
KMC45's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 122
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The Magnolia store in San Jose/Santa Clara, near Winchester and Stevens Creek, now has some GS 60's in stock. They are in the room with other MA speakers, and while they aren't being run by very good electronics the guys will run them on some B&K or Primare stuff.
KMC45 is offline  
post #1181 of 10282 Old 06-28-2007, 10:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ribbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile82 View Post

Which finish is prettier, black or wood? Is the black vinyl while the others are wood?

there's a shortage of MA pics out there ... here are the pics I took of the walnut RS1, it should be the same as the RS6

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums...ad.php?t=29986

Mike C
MKC International
SVSound Philippine Dealer
ribbit is offline  
post #1182 of 10282 Old 06-28-2007, 11:06 PM
Member
 
ry38read's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 49
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
i had a chance to listen to the monitor golds that kcrowder mentioned. the walnut finish sure was pretty. they were connected to a denon 2807 and a 1930 dvd player.

when listening to some 2ch music the golds sounded clearer than the rs8's they were next to. with vocals the rs8's couldn't hold a candle to the golds. however to my ears the golds didn't have the balance and warmth that everyone talks about. I am wondering if it's just because they are new out of the box in combination with the receiver/power choice. obviously a sub will help with the low frequencies.
ry38read is offline  
post #1183 of 10282 Old 06-29-2007, 12:12 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member
 
AudioArchitect's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 1,679
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by ry38read View Post

i had a chance to listen to the monitor golds that kcrowder mentioned. the walnut finish sure was pretty. they were connected to a denon 2807 and a 1930 dvd player.

when listening to some 2ch music the golds sounded clearer than the rs8's they were next to. with vocals the rs8's couldn't hold a candle to the golds. however to my ears the golds didn't have the balance and warmth that everyone talks about. I am wondering if it's just because they are new out of the box in combination with the receiver/power choice. obviously a sub will help with the low frequencies.

The Golds are too revealing for a sub-par amplifier product like Denon. Pair them with an Arcam or a Cambridge receiver and you hear what everyone is talking about.
AudioArchitect is offline  
post #1184 of 10282 Old 06-29-2007, 11:22 AM
Member
 
MaDequipment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbit View Post

there's a shortage of MA pics out there ... here are the pics I took of the walnut RS1, it should be the same as the RS6

http://forums.audioholics.com/forums...ad.php?t=29986

Go to www.minhembio.com. Click here for the direct link. I believe this is a German or Danish site. Then type in RS1, GS60, RS6 or any other model you so please in the search box at the top right. It's real time search so then click on the picture frame image that comes up. Beware that a very large amount of images will load. This is a great resource for researching your speakers in a little bit more detail than our American sites.

Click here to go directly to the RS6 gallery.
MaDequipment is offline  
post #1185 of 10282 Old 06-29-2007, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
darkninja67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDequipment View Post

Go to www.minhembio.com. Click here for the direct link. I believe this is a German or Danish site. Then type in RS1, GS60, RS6 or any other model you so please in the search box at the top right. It's real time search so then click on the picture frame image that comes up. Beware that a very large amount of images will load. This is a great resource for researching your speakers in a little bit more detail than our American sites.

Click here to go directly to the RS6 gallery.

Looking at your HT link in your sig helped me decide on the finish for my RS6s. Thanks
darkninja67 is offline  
post #1186 of 10282 Old 06-29-2007, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ribbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDequipment View Post

Go to www.minhembio.com. Click here for the direct link. I believe this is a German or Danish site. Then type in RS1, GS60, RS6 or any other model you so please in the search box at the top right. It's real time search so then click on the picture frame image that comes up. Beware that a very large amount of images will load. This is a great resource for researching your speakers in a little bit more detail than our American sites.

Click here to go directly to the RS6 gallery.

thats a whole lotta pics! but I cant figure out the search ... when I type something in the "sok" box, no picture frame appears

Mike C
MKC International
SVSound Philippine Dealer
ribbit is offline  
post #1187 of 10282 Old 06-29-2007, 07:39 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darkninja67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbit View Post

thats a whole lotta pics! but I cant figure out the search ... when I type something in the "sok" box, no picture frame appears

You would type in the model name (RS6, RS8, GS20, etc)
then you look at the left hand box with links in it for the model you searched for. You will see something like: Monitor Audio Silver RS8 and so on.
After that, just look for the "gallerbilder" link on the rightmost tab.
darkninja67 is offline  
post #1188 of 10282 Old 06-29-2007, 08:00 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ribbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
thanks! i wasn't expecting that little picture frame.

Mike C
MKC International
SVSound Philippine Dealer
ribbit is offline  
post #1189 of 10282 Old 06-29-2007, 09:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
ribbit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Posts: 2,004
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
anybody have any experience on a pair of GS10's versus a pair of GS LCR's?

I can't afford the GS20 but I do believe in the benefits of multiple drivers dividing work.

Mike C
MKC International
SVSound Philippine Dealer
ribbit is offline  
post #1190 of 10282 Old 06-29-2007, 09:28 PM
AVS Special Member
 
WestCoastD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: California
Posts: 7,353
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDequipment View Post

This is a great resource for researching your speakers in a little bit more detail than our American sites

great pictures of many beautiful set-ups! (GS-20's up the a$$!). I'm jealous...........
WestCoastD is offline  
post #1191 of 10282 Old 06-30-2007, 04:42 AM
 
buddahead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,903
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
I just ordered a pair of rs6 in the rosewood,Should have them in 10 days they said.These will be replacing my mirage om10 which I really like.But the rs6 to me have more detail.I am going to use the mirage in my HT setup.I will be driving the rs6 with my Rotel integrated 75w amp and rotel cd player.Should sound good I think.Next I will probally upgrade my rotel integrated amp.It is 10 years old.I really like the creek audio integrated amp.Any comments welcome.Thanks BOB
buddahead is offline  
post #1192 of 10282 Old 06-30-2007, 11:31 AM
Member
 
MaDequipment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by ribbit View Post

thats a whole lotta pics! but I cant figure out the search ... when I type something in the "sok" box, no picture frame appears

Yep, its a terrific resource. I know one of the biggest factors in me actually choosing my MAs was what they might look like inside a house instead of a demo room. Looks like the Europeans are much more into their hifi systems than we'll ever be.
MaDequipment is offline  
post #1193 of 10282 Old 06-30-2007, 12:05 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darkninja67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaDequipment View Post

Yep, its a terrific resource. I know one of the biggest factors in me actually choosing my MAs was what they might look like inside a house instead of a demo room. Looks like the Europeans are much more into their hifi systems than we'll ever be.

Too bad a lot of the speakers are against the wall or have something placed really close to them on the side. They sure do like those double width racks though.
darkninja67 is offline  
post #1194 of 10282 Old 07-02-2007, 01:06 PM
Senior Member
 
audiophile82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 409
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Alright! Thank you for your recommendation. I will be ordering RS6 + Center tomorrow morning, but I am biased when it comes to which finish to get. Black or Rosewood. Is black a nice finish or is it really dull and unpretty compared to rosewood? The boss of the house seems to prefer black, as it "suits the interior better when redecorating", but what do you guys think?
audiophile82 is offline  
post #1195 of 10282 Old 07-02-2007, 05:54 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darkninja67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile82 View Post

Alright! Thank you for your recommendation. I will be ordering RS6 + Center tomorrow morning, but I am biased when it comes to which finish to get. Black or Rosewood. Is black a nice finish or is it really dull and unpretty compared to rosewood? The boss of the house seems to prefer black, as it "suits the interior better when redecorating", but what do you guys think?

As the dealer told me: Go with what YOU like. I kept flip flopping between cherry, rosenut and walnut. My girl liked the rosenut and I liked the walnut. I previously had Swans in rosewood so I wanted a brownish color rather than a red. I walked out with walnut.

Black speakers seem boring to me but they have their places. I personally like seeing the grain and depth of the wood.
darkninja67 is offline  
post #1196 of 10282 Old 07-03-2007, 09:30 AM
Senior Member
 
audiophile82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 409
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I went with black oak. Today I orderend a pair of RS6 and RS LCR.

Hopefully they will sing wonderfully!
audiophile82 is offline  
post #1197 of 10282 Old 07-03-2007, 12:47 PM
AVS Special Member
 
darkninja67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Boston
Posts: 1,230
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile82 View Post

I went with black oak. Today I orderend a pair of RS6 and RS LCR.

Hopefully they will sing wonderfully!

Congrats on the MAs. I am very impressed with the bass they put out.
darkninja67 is offline  
post #1198 of 10282 Old 07-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Senior Member
 
mpmct's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Hartford, CT
Posts: 391
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkninja67 View Post

Congrats on the MAs. I am very impressed with the bass they put out.

FWIW, I've had my GS20s for almost six months.

Every time I sit down and have a serious listen, they still impress.

I listen to speakers at twice the price at my local dealer, just for sport.

I come home, listen to the 20s ... perfection.

MA makes really really really good stuff.

Enjoy it.
mpmct is offline  
post #1199 of 10282 Old 07-04-2007, 10:46 AM
Senior Member
 
audiophile82's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 409
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkninja67 View Post

Congrats on the MAs. I am very impressed with the bass they put out.

Sounds good, but I`m much more eager to listen to the mids and top-end. Hopefully they will arrive tomorrow, along with my new receiver and DVD-player...
audiophile82 is offline  
post #1200 of 10282 Old 07-04-2007, 11:15 AM
Member
 
MaDequipment's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 166
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by audiophile82 View Post

Sounds good, but I`m much more eager to listen to the mids and top-end. Hopefully they will arrive tomorrow, along with my new receiver and DVD-player...

So, what receiver and DVD-player have you chosen?
MaDequipment is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Monitor Audio , Denon Avr 3806 Av Receiver , Receivers Amplifiers , Nad , Jl Audio Brand , Parasound , Sunfire , Denon Blu Ray Dvd Cd Player , Toshiba

User Tag List

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off