Monitor Audio Owners Thread - Page 403 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 278Likes

post #12061 of 12061 Old Yesterday, 09:43 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 106 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dale Chalfont View Post

The only time bi wiring would do anything is if you were using extremely thin speaker wire and using 2 sets of wire reduces the constraint in resistance of the thin wire. But using thicker wire completely eliminates this. I used to think more wire would be better until I did some reading from people with a lot more knowledge and money than me.

Here is an article that dispels all the b.s...amonst many others. It addresses active and passive bi amping as well as bi wiring.

http://www.bigfootmusic.com/blog/arc...esand_smarties
i wasnt talking bi wiring, but bi amping. bi wiring i would say is mostly a gimmick because you are only dedicating one amp to each speaker and splitting the cable at speaker end so that wouldn't really make a difference. in bi amping , two amps are dedicated to a speaker, and that is where there is a bump in performance.You will find articles on the net that go both way regarding bi amping, i've read them all since ive been bi amping fronts for many years. I could pull out as many articles on the net that would conclude saying that bi amping makes a difference as opposed to those that say it does not do anything. All those opinions are fine and well, what matters is practical experience and based on that i can say on my paradigms, bi amp makes an audible difference to me. this may not be true with all speaker brands/setups and listening environments but works for me with my setup.

Anyway, this is the MA owners thread, the general discussion on bi amping may do well in a separate thread, i wont deviate further in this thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
cp-wt380idc , Denon Avr 3806 Av Receiver , Denon Blu Ray Dvd Cd Player , Jl Audio Brand , Monitor Audio , Nad , Parasound , Receivers Amplifiers , Sunfire , Toshiba

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page