Klipsch owner thread - Page 11 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #301 of 37541 Old 12-21-2006, 09:20 AM
Member
 
broodwich's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Posts: 175
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
RB owners, I have a question for you? Have any of you placed you're Klipsch bookshelves on a shelf in your entertainment center. I have been looking at the RB-61s and the RF-62s. In my room the RBs would work out better but I would need to put them in my entertainment center.

I have been doing a lot of research and I have found out a lot about why you shouldn't put your bookshelf speakers on a bookshelf, or in my case, in my entertainment center. I'm quite happy with my entertainment center and I would really like to place my speakers into it. So I was just wondering if any of you are doing that now or if you have tired it? Did it sound okay or was there too much muddy bass from the EC?

The Klipsch RBs are front ported so I would think that would be better than a rear ported design, in this situation.

Thanks.
broodwich is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #302 of 37541 Old 12-21-2006, 09:02 PM
Advanced Member
 
WolfsBane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by broodwich View Post

RB owners, I have a question for you? Have any of you placed you're Klipsch bookshelves on a shelf in your entertainment center. I have been looking at the RB-61s and the RF-62s. In my room the RBs would work out better but I would need to put them in my entertainment center.

I have been doing a lot of research and I have found out a lot about why you shouldn't put your bookshelf speakers on a bookshelf, or in my case, in my entertainment center. I'm quite happy with my entertainment center and I would really like to place my speakers into it. So I was just wondering if any of you are doing that now or if you have tired it? Did it sound okay or was there too much muddy bass from the EC?

The Klipsch RBs are front ported so I would think that would be better than a rear ported design, in this situation.

Thanks.

You could certainly try it and see how much compromise you would be will to put up with, but it has been my experience that even good bookshelve speakers don't sound all that good in an entertainment shelf. They tend to become part of the shelf acoustically, which is not a good thing.

Welcome... to the house of Rock and Jazz !
WolfsBane is offline  
post #303 of 37541 Old 12-21-2006, 10:05 PM
Senior Member
 
Dougie085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I have a Yammy RX-V2400 and just ordered RF-62 mains RC-62 center. I'm going to be looking for surrounds soon and I plan on building a sub possibly with an TC Sounds LMS4100Neo (if they ever release the specs) and a Crown XTI1000. As for surrounds I'm still not sure....don't have a ton of money to spend but been considering Syenrgy's and Ref possibly even quintets.
Dougie085 is offline  
post #304 of 37541 Old 12-22-2006, 09:07 AM
Advanced Member
 
WolfsBane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie085 View Post

I have a Yammy RX-V2400 and just ordered RF-62 mains RC-62 center. I'm going to be looking for surrounds soon and I plan on building a sub possibly with an TC Sounds LMS4100Neo (if they ever release the specs) and a Crown XTI1000. As for surrounds I'm still not sure....don't have a ton of money to spend but been considering Syenrgy's and Ref possibly even quintets.

If your are going with the RF-62 and RC-62, I strongly suggest that you stick to the reference line for your surrounds.

Welcome... to the house of Rock and Jazz !
WolfsBane is offline  
post #305 of 37541 Old 12-22-2006, 02:45 PM
Senior Member
 
Dougie085's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2005
Posts: 295
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think I may get a pair of RB-51's or RB-61's and then 6 months or so I'll maybe get another pair or a pair of RS-52's to complete 7.1.
Dougie085 is offline  
post #306 of 37541 Old 12-22-2006, 03:09 PM
Advanced Member
 
WolfsBane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dougie085 View Post

I think I may get a pair of RB-51's or RB-61's and then 6 months or so I'll maybe get another pair or a pair of RS-52's to complete 7.1.

I have the RB-61 as back speakers for my RF-82 based system. Love them. Either of your choices would work fine.

Welcome... to the house of Rock and Jazz !
WolfsBane is offline  
post #307 of 37541 Old 12-26-2006, 04:29 PM
Member
 
mario23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 33
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I 'm a big fan of Klipsch speakers and am in the process of rebuilding my theatre.
I already have a Klipsch C3 center. Here's my problem. I don't have enough room for floor speakers up front with this massive wall unit I got (only about 7 inches left). So I was wondering what you Klipsch folks thought of me buying some Klipsch bookshelf speakers like the RB-61's and putting them on top of the wall unit.

How do you guys think thew would sound for music as well as part of the surround setup?
Thanks.
mario23 is offline  
post #308 of 37541 Old 12-27-2006, 08:57 AM
Newbie
 
cob1708's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Roseville Ohio
Posts: 6
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The following are the speakers in my system...
Center Front Academy, Fronts L&R Khorns, Cornwalls L&R rears, sub SVSPB12


My Office Heresy I's
cob1708 is offline  
post #309 of 37541 Old 12-27-2006, 10:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
GoND's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 720
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Got the RF-83's, RC-64, and RS-62 surrounds in my finished basement. It's a lot of speaker, but if you like it big and loud, these are great choices. I got them for 50% off MSRP at Ovation here in Indianapolis last month, so they weren't a bad price either. I have an older Denon-3801 receiver, waiting until after CES to decide what HDMI receiver I'll want to replace it with.
GoND is offline  
post #310 of 37541 Old 12-27-2006, 01:15 PM
Senior Member
 
Dallben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: East Brunswick, NJ
Posts: 470
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Howdy all... hoping some folks a little more familiar with klipsch's line can help me with this.

I've listened to a lot of stuff in the past few weeks, and have decided on klipsch for the room I'm building. The room is ~15x15

The problem I'm having is that I want to do 7.1, and the placing of the side chanels is turning out to be a pain in the butt. The wall on the right side of the room has a 105" sliding glass door right in the middle of it. I've ordered a blackout curtain for it, which should have the added benefit of deadening some of the sound reflection from the glass -- but I can't hang speakers on it. The surrounds I was looking at (the RS-42s) are A) bigger than I thought (might not be so bad), and B) only made to be mounted on a wall. So that's out for the sides. it is still possible for the rear channels if the consensous here is that it won't over power the RSX-5s (mounted on these) which I was thinking of using on the sides instead. (any thoughts on that?)

For the front, I was thinking either RF-82s or RB-51s and for the center, the RC-52. I'm also not opposed to using RB-51's for the surrounds. As long as I can find mounts that are high enough, that is.

The whole thing is, since I'm limited to what I can do on the sides, I'm kinda stuck. I could go with all rsx-5's, but I dunno, I've always steered clear of small systems like that... just seems so......not big enough.
What are the thoughts on all satellites? or satellites for just the side, or the side & rear?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I don't know why I don't just shut up and give up and lay down and die.
Dallben is offline  
post #311 of 37541 Old 12-27-2006, 03:22 PM
Member
 
mga56grg's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 17
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
where is the best online place to buy Klipsch products
mga56grg is offline  
post #312 of 37541 Old 12-28-2006, 11:42 AM
Member
 
RAINMAN 2's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: ALBERTA CANADA
Posts: 46
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Does anyone have the the thx ultra 2 system ? Right now I'm torn between this speaker system and the Polk Lsi's. I am not familar with Klipsch so input would be great.

Thanks
RAINMAN 2 is offline  
post #313 of 37541 Old 12-28-2006, 03:23 PM
Newbie
 
tenzip's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Lincoln, NE, USA
Posts: 5
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Forgive my terminal newbieness, I'm getting ready to set up a HT for the first time.

I have a pair of Klipsch Chorus II, and would like to use them for the front L/R. I also have access to a Promedia 5.1 system with bad amp. Can I use the 5 satellite speakers for surround? Will they be horribly unmatched?

I will be buying an A/V receiver, and would like to spend the money on that, instead of on surround speakers if I can squeak by with the existing surrounds.

I also intended to not have a sub, as the Chorus II seem to do quite well in that department. Or at least no sub yet.

Comments or suggestions? TIA
tenzip is offline  
post #314 of 37541 Old 12-28-2006, 04:21 PM
Member
 
Brahmzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenzip View Post

Forgive my terminal newbieness, I'm getting ready to set up a HT for the first time.

I have a pair of Klipsch Chorus II, and would like to use them for the front L/R. I also have access to a Promedia 5.1 system with bad amp. Can I use the 5 satellite speakers for surround? Will they be horribly unmatched?

I will be buying an A/V receiver, and would like to spend the money on that, instead of on surround speakers if I can squeak by with the existing surrounds.

I also intended to not have a sub, as the Chorus II seem to do quite well in that department. Or at least no sub yet.

Comments or suggestions? TIA

I'm not sure timbre matching is really possible with the Chorus II's, is it? So, that said, anything will not be a perfect match, so you might be able to get by with the ProMedia surrounds. Just don't expect big sound or power handling from them. Be careful not to pop some cones, hehe.

I have the ProMedia's and they sound really good for what they are. Like I said, don't expect big sound from the little guys.
Brahmzy is offline  
post #315 of 37541 Old 12-29-2006, 11:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
tgenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 564
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Long time Klipsch owner.. I have Promedia 5.1 in the office connected to the computer, I have Quintet IIs in my bedroom, and in my living room, I have a mix of a bunch of different pieces:

My living room equipment is about 8 yrs old now.
an RC-3 (When I bought this, I was told to go higher end on the voice (Center) speaker than the regular ones because voice was the most critical.
2 KSB 3.1 Bookshelf for my fronts
2 KSB 2.1 for my Rears
and a KSW 12 for my Subwoofer.

It's being driven by an Onkyo TX-SR803 which I just bought last year.

Of those speakers, is the RC-3 Still a good speaker to keep? I remember it costing me more than the others. Assuming I were keeping the Sub and the RC3, what Floorstanding or bookshelfs would you all recommend? I have speaker stands in the rear for the KSB 2.1s to sit on. Is there a particular reason to go with Bookshelf over Floorstanding?

The room is probably best described as a rectangle, about 12X8 or something in that range.
tgenius is offline  
post #316 of 37541 Old 12-29-2006, 02:44 PM
Member
 
Brahmzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgenius View Post

Long time Klipsch owner.. I have Promedia 5.1 in the office connected to the computer, I have Quintet IIs in my bedroom, and in my living room, I have a mix of a bunch of different pieces:

My living room equipment is about 8 yrs old now.
an RC-3 (When I bought this, I was told to go higher end on the voice (Center) speaker than the regular ones because voice was the most critical.
2 KSB 3.1 Bookshelf for my fronts
2 KSB 2.1 for my Rears
and a KSW 12 for my Subwoofer.

It's being driven by an Onkyo TX-SR803 which I just bought last year.

Of those speakers, is the RC-3 Still a good speaker to keep? I remember it costing me more than the others. Assuming I were keeping the Sub and the RC3, what Floorstanding or bookshelfs would you all recommend? I have speaker stands in the rear for the KSB 2.1s to sit on. Is there a particular reason to go with Bookshelf over Floorstanding?

The room is probably best described as a rectangle, about 12X8 or something in that range.

Hi. I just got rid of my previous Klipsch Ref's for the new ones. I got rid of an RC-3 for the RC-62 and got rid or RB-5 8" bookshelfs for the RF-82 floorstanders.
Wow. What a difference. The difference in the RC-3 center to the RC-62 is HUGE. The highs are so much more smooth and accurate now with the newer horns (also, less bright) and the low-mid response is jaw dropping. This new center has more snare/kick thump than the old bookshelfs, yet alone the old RC-3. Must be the vented design.

And then there's the RF-82's ... what can I say, coming from bookshelf speakers? Mind-blowing difference in the fullness of sound. Crisp, tight thumpy mid-bass and low-end, smooth, pristine highs. It's amazing what Klipsch has accomplished in 6 years. I'm extremely pleased with the new Reference stuff. K really did a good job toning down the horns - my old Ref stuff would rip my eyeballs and eardrums out if I got carried away with the volume - 2Khz-8Khz was really exaggerated on the old stuff. The new horns and crossover points really fixed that IMO.

I think I'm gonna go listen to 'em some more, hehe. I just got 'em a week ago and had the chance to time-align 'em and throw in Saving Private Ryan in DTS last night. Holy smokes. Night and day, I could go on and on. Now I need to get rid of my 3802 and get a 4307 or somethin' - more powuh.
Brahmzy is offline  
post #317 of 37541 Old 12-29-2006, 05:23 PM
AVS Special Member
 
psgcdn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: Prov. of Quebec, Canada
Posts: 4,429
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 24 Post(s)
Liked: 190
Quote:
Originally Posted by cob1708 View Post

The following are the speakers in my system...
Center Front Academy, Fronts L&R Khorns, Cornwalls L&R rears, sub SVSPB12


My Office Heresy I's

Greetings Cob,

Nice to find you here. You may know me as psg on the Klipsch forums.

psgcdn is offline  
post #318 of 37541 Old 12-29-2006, 07:23 PM
Member
 
fsullivan3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I think I'm about to pull the trigger on two RF-82's and an RC-52. Best Buy/Magnolia Theater does not carry the RC-62 as of yet. Do any of you see any problem with that front l/r/c setup? Should I hold out for the 62?

One slight problem, the 62 may be too big. I'm having to purchase an omnimount center channel speaker shelf just to fit the 52 on my Sony LCD tv.

I was blown away by the rf-82's, and can't wait to have them sitting in my living room. By the way, the BB/Magnolia folks will really work with you on prices.
fsullivan3 is offline  
post #319 of 37541 Old 12-29-2006, 09:16 PM
Advanced Member
 
tgenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 564
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brahmzy View Post

Hi. I just got rid of my previous Klipsch Ref's for the new ones. I got rid of an RC-3 for the RC-62 and got rid or RB-5 8" bookshelfs for the RF-82 floorstanders.
Wow. What a difference. The difference in the RC-3 center to the RC-62 is HUGE. The highs are so much more smooth and accurate now with the newer horns (also, less bright) and the low-mid response is jaw dropping. This new center has more snare/kick thump than the old bookshelfs, yet alone the old RC-3. Must be the vented design.

And then there's the RF-82's ... what can I say, coming from bookshelf speakers? Mind-blowing difference in the fullness of sound. Crisp, tight thumpy mid-bass and low-end, smooth, pristine highs. It's amazing what Klipsch has accomplished in 6 years. I'm extremely pleased with the new Reference stuff. K really did a good job toning down the horns - my old Ref stuff would rip my eyeballs and eardrums out if I got carried away with the volume - 2Khz-8Khz was really exaggerated on the old stuff. The new horns and crossover points really fixed that IMO.

I think I'm gonna go listen to 'em some more, hehe. I just got 'em a week ago and had the chance to time-align 'em and throw in Saving Private Ryan in DTS last night. Holy smokes. Night and day, I could go on and on. Now I need to get rid of my 3802 and get a 4307 or somethin' - more powuh.

Interesting. Is the RC-62 alot larger than the RC3? I think the RC-3 is a bit on the large size (It doesn't bother me too much as my Sony 50" LCD Projection compensates, but it takes up a considerable amount on the shelf above it.

The other issue is $$. I'm getting married in 3 months so I don't have the money to blow right now..
tgenius is offline  
post #320 of 37541 Old 12-30-2006, 11:24 AM
Member
 
Brahmzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsullivan3 View Post

I think I'm about to pull the trigger on two RF-82's and an RC-52. Best Buy/Magnolia Theater does not carry the RC-62 as of yet. Do any of you see any problem with that front l/r/c setup? Should I hold out for the 62?

One slight problem, the 62 may be too big. I'm having to purchase an omnimount center channel speaker shelf just to fit the 52 on my Sony LCD tv.

I was blown away by the rf-82's, and can't wait to have them sitting in my living room. By the way, the BB/Magnolia folks will really work with you on prices.

The RC-62 is REALLY meant to go with the RF-82's - I would think the RF-82's might overpower the RC-52 ... however this is theory - they may work fine together, but I spent quite a bit of time listeneing to JUST the RC-62 vs. the RC-52 and the difference, to me, was significant. Fuller sound, thumpier mid-bass, which will translate into a better match with the RF-82's and better dialogue performance from the center. That said, try n listen for yourself. I would venture that if Klipsch recommends the 2 together, there has been some heavy engineering behind their recommendation. And no doubt, the RC-62 is friggin' BIG. It's really made me work a lot to get things "right" as far as furniture and placement - I basically had to build around the center channel. It was well worth it though. In this case, bigger is better.
Quote:
Originally Posted by tgenius View Post

Interesting. Is the RC-62 alot larger than the RC3? I think the RC-3 is a bit on the large size (It doesn't bother me too much as my Sony 50" LCD Projection compensates, but it takes up a considerable amount on the shelf above it.

The other issue is $$. I'm getting married in 3 months so I don't have the money to blow right now..

The RC-62 is 1/8"-1/4" taller and at least 3"-4" deeper than the RC-3. It's a beast. But it sounds SO friggin' good - night and day from the RC-3. Almost like the RC-3 had a brown grocery bag over it in a side-by-side comparison (ok, a little exaggeration there, but significant.)
Brahmzy is offline  
post #321 of 37541 Old 12-30-2006, 12:30 PM
Senior Member
 
csnow's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Posts: 423
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 14
I am thinking of upgrading my fronts to F3s and moving my F2s to the rear. Does anyone know if the F2s would make a good surround speaker or is it better to go with a true surround style speaker? My listening area is square with 12' ceilings.

Also, is there enough difference in the C2 to C3 to warrant an upgrade?

Denon 4520
Mitsu 92" DLP
SVS PB13 Ultra (2)
Oppo BDP-103
Rocket RS850 (2)
Rocket Bigfoot Center
Rocket RS450 (4)
Emotiva XPA-3
csnow is offline  
post #322 of 37541 Old 12-30-2006, 04:06 PM
Member
 
Brahmzy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Posts: 183
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Try and demo both speakers side by side if you can - in the Reference line, the difference between the dual 6 1/2's to dual 8's was pretty big - enough for me to pick the 8's.

I think using the F2s as rear surrounds depends completely on placement and your room. They might not sit high enough to be able to hear properly over couch backs etc. If they could be focused well enough, at the right height, I think they'd make great rear surrounds, but they sure wouldn't work with my room / seating.
Brahmzy is offline  
post #323 of 37541 Old 12-31-2006, 10:17 AM
Member
 
fsullivan3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I need some help from you guys.

I want to pick up the RF-82's, because they were incredible when I listened to them. However, most of my listening will be the home theater variety, and not a whole bunch of music (although mp3's over the xbox 360 is really nice).

I want to also pick up the RC-62 center channel, with the 6 1/2 in woofers. Will there be a timbre match problem with the center and the floors, considering the woofer size difference? Should I pick up the RF-62 floors to ensure the best possible match?

If the matching will not be problematic, I'm definitely going with the 82's.
fsullivan3 is offline  
post #324 of 37541 Old 12-31-2006, 10:36 AM
Newbie
 
bhendrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Posts: 2
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
The RC-62 is the matching center channel for the RF-82.
bhendrix is offline  
post #325 of 37541 Old 12-31-2006, 11:59 AM
Member
 
fsullivan3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhendrix View Post

The RC-62 is the matching center channel for the RF-82.

I agree the RC-62 is a close match for the RF-82, but on the Klipsch website, if you click on the RC-62, it suggests the RF-62 as a "matching product." http://www.klipsch.com/products/details/rc-62.aspx
Obviously, they have the same size woofers, so that would be the perfect match.

I don't have a location to compare the rf-82's and the rc-62, vs the rf-62 and rc-62. For some reason, BB does not offer the rc-62 or the rc-64.

On a side note, if any of you have TV's (not flat screens) that won't hold a center channel on top, you ought to consider this omnimount center channel speaker shelf I found - it solved my center channel problems with my Sony KDF-60xs955 - which wouldn't hold anything on top.

Just search for Omnimount Center Channel Speaker shelf, and you'll find it.
fsullivan3 is offline  
post #326 of 37541 Old 12-31-2006, 12:11 PM
Senior Member
 
Dallben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: East Brunswick, NJ
Posts: 470
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
But if you look at the RF-82 Home Theater System, it matches the rf-82 with the rc-62.... .

I don't know why I don't just shut up and give up and lay down and die.
Dallben is offline  
post #327 of 37541 Old 12-31-2006, 12:12 PM
Advanced Member
 
tgenius's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2002
Location: Miami, FL
Posts: 564
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
So by that logic, the RC-52 matches with the RF-62s?
tgenius is offline  
post #328 of 37541 Old 12-31-2006, 12:17 PM
Member
 
fsullivan3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Posts: 188
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallben View Post

But if you look at the RF-82 Home Theater System, it matches the rf-82 with the rc-62.... .


Gotcha. My question then, is this. Anybody have or has listened to the RF-82's with the RC-62 center? Have you also listened to the RF-62 with the RC-62 Center? Is there any difference?

Thanks.
fsullivan3 is offline  
post #329 of 37541 Old 12-31-2006, 01:02 PM
Senior Member
 
Dallben's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: East Brunswick, NJ
Posts: 470
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
I heard the RF-82's with the RC-62 and the RC-52, but I was not able to do it at the same store. To me, the RC-62 definately made a difference. I don't think it was drowned out by the 82's. I did feel that the RC-52 would have definately been too small for the 82's though.

I think it's possible that the bit of the product page where it shows the matching speakers may simply not show everything.

If you're concerned though, try calling Klipsch on Tuesday and see what they say, I found them to be most helpful. 1-800-KLIPSCH. I wouldn't have thought to call, but Dr. Who over at the klipsch forums suggested it, and I'm glad he did. My call was about mounts, but based on my experience, I'd expect them to be as helpful with anything else.

I did not have an opportunity to listen to the RF-62.

I don't know why I don't just shut up and give up and lay down and die.
Dallben is offline  
post #330 of 37541 Old 12-31-2006, 01:13 PM
Advanced Member
 
WolfsBane's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Meridian, Idaho
Posts: 831
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsullivan3 View Post

Gotcha. My question then, is this. Anybody have or has listened to the RF-82's with the RC-62 center? Have you also listened to the RF-62 with the RC-62 Center? Is there any difference?

Thanks.


The difference will not be in terms of mismatch of timbre between the RC-52 and the RC-62. Each will do a good job as a center speaker. The RC-62 will move more air in a larger room, and will provide slightly more impact and natural mids for a fuller sound.

Welcome... to the house of Rock and Jazz !
WolfsBane is offline  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Klipsch Rf 62 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker , Klipsch Sub 12 , Klipsch Rf 7 Ii Reference Series Ii Flagship Floorstanding Speaker , Klipsch Rf 5 , Klipsch Rf 52 Ii Reference Series Ii Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Audio , Klipsch Cornwall Iii , Klipsch Lascala Ii Walnut , Klipsch S 1 Synergy Surround Speaker Pair Black , Klipsch Rw 10d Silver , Klipsch Kw 120 Thx Subwoofer , Klipsch Rsw 10d Subwoofer , Klipsch , Klipsch Rc 64 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Black , Velodyne Dls5000rb 15 Inch 600 Watt Dls Series Subwoofer With Remote Black , Klipsch Rf 82 Ii Reference Series Floorstanding Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch La Scala , Klipsch Rc 62 Ii Reference Series Center Channel Loudspeaker Cherry , Klipsch Rs 62 Ii Reference Series Wide Dispersion Surround Speaker Black Each

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off